Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 4th June 2018, 08:28   #6121  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

In AviSynth+ MT, multi-threading is already pre-configured for many known core and plugin functions. You may still tweak the MT mode per filter using SetFilterMTMode() if you really know it better...

Instead of using SetMTMode(mode[,threads /*in first call only*/]) in every place where the mode changes, you will usually trust in the predefined mode per filter, but you have to enable multi-threading for a number of threads at the very end of the script, using Prefetch(threads); more details in: AviSynth Wiki: AviSynth+ – MT notes

Note: If you use both return clip and Prefetch, you have to think well about their placements.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid

Last edited by LigH; 4th June 2018 at 08:33.
LigH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2018, 11:28   #6122  |  Link
Gser

Quote:
Originally Posted by louiechuckymerry View Post
thanks for your reply, gser. I'm not entirely clueless, but it's been three years since i took the time to test and setup my templates, and what's left of my mind's a bit hazy (plus the change from set's mt avisynth to avisynth+). If you could help me translate my standard template i think i could apply that to my other variations. Typically i encode a blu-ray on my quad-core system with the following script (adjusting the strength of smdegrain depending on the source):

I also tick "enable 10-bits encoding" and add "--demuxer raw --input-depth 16 --sar 1:1" to the x264 command line. I've always been very happy with these results. Is it even possible to use smdegrain in avisynth+?
Maybe SMDdegrain would work with LSFmod v.21 Modded Version by A.SONY.
Quote:
setmemorymax(2048)
<input>
smdegrain(tr=3,thsad=300,refinemotion=true,plane=0,chroma=false,lsb=true,lsb_out=true)
f=ditherpost(mode=-1)
s=f.fastlinedarkenmod()
d=mt_makediff(s,f).dither_convert_8_to_16()
dither_add16(last,d,dif=true,u=2,v=2)
gradfun3(radius=16,lsb_in=true,lsb=true)
dither_out()
convertfromstacked(bits=16)
prefetch(7)

Last edited by Gser; 4th June 2018 at 11:34.
Gser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2018, 16:18   #6123  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

Gser: I ticked "Always use the included AviSynth", restarted, and updated from the developmental server, but receive the error message "Script error: there is no function named "ConvertFromStacked" when I load your suggested script. I thought "ConvertFromStacked" was a built-in function, although I could surely be wrong.
LouieChuckyMerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2018, 20:09   #6124  |  Link
Gser

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouieChuckyMerry View Post
Gser: I ticked "Always use the included AviSynth", restarted, and updated from the developmental server, but receive the error message "Script error: there is no function named "ConvertFromStacked" when I load your suggested script. I thought "ConvertFromStacked" was a built-in function, although I could surely be wrong.
Yes it is an inbuilt avs+ function.
Gser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2018, 23:57   #6125  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gser View Post
Yes it is an inbuilt avs+ function.
Any thoughts why I'm receiving the error message, then?
Old 5th June 2018, 07:28   #6126  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Best publish a whole log file from starting and closing MeGUI. It should contain the analysis of your system and the used AviSynth DLL, not much more.

New German Gleitz board
Old 5th June 2018, 14:17   #6127  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
Best publish a whole log file from starting and closing MeGUI. It should contain the analysis of your system and the used AviSynth DLL, not much more.
Thanks, LigH. That's so simple I'm embarrassed . Seems I'm not using AviSynth+, even though I ticked "Always use included AviSynth":

Quote:
[Information] Log
-[Information] Versions
--[Information] MeGUI: 2859 x86
--[Information] Update Check: development update server
--[Information] System Information
---[Information] Operating System: Windows 7 Premium x64 SP1 (6.1.65536.7601)
---[Information] .NET Framework: 4.0 (4.0.0.0)
---[Information] .NET Framework: 4.7 (4.7.02558)
---[Information] Redistributables
----[Information] Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64: 10.0.40219
----[Information] Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86: 10.0.40219
----[Information] Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 x64: 14.0.23506
----[Information] Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 x86: 14.0.23026
---[Information] DPI: 100% (96/96)
---[Information] Monitor 1
----[Information] Resolution: 1600x900
----[Information] Primary Screen: True
--[Information] Component Information
---[Information] Haali Media Splitter: 1.13.138.14 (14-04-2013)
---[Information] Haali DSS2: (14-04-2013)
---[Information] ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib: 0.85.5.452 (07-08-2008)
---[Information] MediaInfo: 18.05.0.0 (08-05-2018)
---[Information] SevenZipSharp: 0.64.3890.29348 (02-01-2011)
---[Information] 7z: 9.20 (18-11-2010)
--[Information] AviSynth Information
---[Information] AviSynth Wrapper
----[Information] Version: 1.0.2847.0
----[Information] Date: 06-05-2018
----[Information] Interface: 3
---[Information] AviSynth
----[Information] File Version: 2.6.0.5
----[Information] Date: 20-02-2015
----[Information] Name: Avisynth 2.6
----[Information] Version: AviSynth 2.60, build:Feb 20 2015 [03:16:45]
----[Information] AviSynth+: false
----[Information] MT: true
----[Information] Status: inactive
---[Information] AviSynth portable
----[Information] File Version: 0.1
----[Information] Date: 28-03-2018
----[Information] Name: AviSynth+ 0.1 (r2664, MT, i386)
----[Information] Status: active
-[Information] Update detection
--[Information] [05 Jun 18 09:14:54] redist files copied: 2017_x86
--[Information] [05 Jun 18 09:14:54] Connected to server: http://megui.tmebi.de/test/
--[Information] [05 Jun 18 09:14:55] No package requires an update

Last edited by LouieChuckyMerry; 5th June 2018 at 14:18. Reason: Information, Information
Old 5th June 2018, 14:21   #6128  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Quote:
Seems I'm not using AviSynth+, even though I ticked "Always use included AviSynth":
Seriously surprising. Let's hope Zathor has ideas, maybe a more verbose test build of MeGUI reporting more about the AviSynth DLL selection.

I hope you installed MeGUI outside of the UAC (i.e. not in C:\Program Files (x86)). If you did, that may prevent it from copying files.

@Zathor: Might be a good idea to include the installation path of MeGUI in the log.

New German Gleitz board

Last edited by LigH; 5th June 2018 at 14:24.
Old 5th June 2018, 15:36   #6129  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

Quote:
I hope you installed MeGUI outside of the UAC (i.e. not in C:\Program Files (x86)). If you did, that may prevent it from copying files.
I use the portable version of MeGUI. Perhaps that's part of the problem?
Old 5th June 2018, 17:40   #6130  |  Link
VoodooFX
Banana User

Updated MEGUI from 283? to latest and there is some error, when using One-Click(on folder with multiple files), error is when Queue process Mode - oneclick. I guess it should create jobs for second video file, but it fails.
VoodooFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2018, 22:04   #6131  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
It is not a core avs+ function, as for that the external dll "ConvertStacked.dll" has to be loaded. Add a LoadPlugin("MeGUIPath\tools\avs\plugins\ConvertStacked.dll") to your script and it should work.
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2018, 22:05   #6132  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooFX View Post
Updated MEGUI from 283? to latest and there is some error, when using One-Click(on folder with multiple files), error is when Queue process Mode - oneclick. I guess it should create jobs for second video file, but it fails.
Could you please upload the log?
Are you able to reproduce that?
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2018, 23:36   #6133  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
Thanks, LigH. That's so simple I'm embarrassed . Seems I'm not using AviSynth+, even though I ticked "Always use included AviSynth":
You're not alone.
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...14#post1837914
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2018, 23:52   #6134  |  Link
hello_hello

Zathor,
Is it necessary for the AVS Cutter to refuse to add cuts to a script more than once? Could complete refusal be replaced with a warning that cuts have already been added? There's times it might be necessary to add more than one lot of cuts to a script and at the moment it requires adding cuts, closing the AVS Cutter completely and then re-opening the script.
Possibly the ability to add cuts a second time could be disabled until the preview is refreshed after the first lot of cuts has been added, or the preview could be automatically refreshed when cuts are added, effectively resetting it rather than having to close and open the AVS Cutter.

Another small annoyance...
If you open a script with the AVS Cutter, it appears to check the total frame count and refuses to allow you to enter a frame number beyond the last frame. There's times when that's annoying because you can manually change something in a script and re-load it in the AVS Cutter preview and proceed/continue to add cuts, unless it increases the frame count, in which case the cuts added are limited to the original frame range.

Thanks.

PS Is MeGUI being a bit oddly when encoding sources indexed with Lsmash for anyone else?
For some reason, after one of the recent updates, the info displayed in the job queue takes quite a while to acknowledged an encode has started, even though the window displaying the encoding process is open and it's clearly progressing. The log queue continues to display "waiting" and appears to be frozen, because no jobs can be started until it changes from "waiting" to "processing", and a couple of time MeGUI has frozen completely "waiting" for a job to commence that's already running. It seems to only happen with Lsmash.
Old 6th June 2018, 00:39   #6135  |  Link
VoodooFX
Banana User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
Could you please upload the log?
Are you able to reproduce that?
Yes, here is log (after oneclick error I aborted audio job):
https://pastebin.com/gNijDJmS

btw I get same error " 4 is not valid for 'index' " when I edit x265 preset in oneclick and try to save it(clicking around presets error sometimes disappears, still I dunno why or when).

Last edited by VoodooFX; 6th June 2018 at 00:52.
VoodooFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2018, 01:08   #6136  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
It is not a core avs+ function, as for that the external dll "ConvertStacked.dll" has to be loaded. Add a LoadPlugin("MeGUIPath\tools\avs\plugins\ConvertStacked.dll") to your script and it should work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
Adding "LoadPlugin... ConvertStacked.dll" to the script gained me one more line, 33, thanks. Now I receive the error message "Script error: there is no function named "Prefetch" (... , line 34)". Could this be related to the issue hello_hello mentioned? The open-then-close log I posted shows the same thing:

Code:
--[Information] AviSynth Information
---[Information] AviSynth Wrapper
----[Information] Version: 1.0.2847.0
----[Information] Date: 06-05-2018
----[Information] Interface: 3
---[Information] AviSynth
----[Information] File Version: 2.6.0.5
----[Information] Date: 20-02-2015
----[Information] Name: Avisynth 2.6
----[Information] Status: inactive
---[Information] AviSynth portable
----[Information] File Version: 0.1
----[Information] Date: 28-03-2018
----[Information] Name: AviSynth+ 0.1 (r2664, MT, i386)
----[Information] Status: active
Also, I'm not sure if SMDegrain would even work in AviSynth+, but the script I modified for AviSynth+ (with the help of Gser) doesn't throw an error until the last line, Prefetch(7), which is well past the SMDegrain line.

Edit: Ahhh, I'm using 64 Bit Windows 7.

Last edited by LouieChuckyMerry; 6th June 2018 at 01:29. Reason: Windows Version
Old 6th June 2018, 07:34   #6137  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

MeGUI as such is more or less "portable" anyway, you just unpack it from a ZIP archive, and you should unpack it anywhere else, just not in the usual "Program Files" directories protected by the UAC. Where does it reside in your system?

While it is in a generic directory, it should be able to copy a DLL on demand so that its local AviSynth+ DLL is preferred over any AviSynth? DLL installed in your Windows system. I would suggest Zathor to add some debugging around this mechanism for those where it seems to fail.

Windows 7 in 64 bit is fine; if you don't use the 64 bit of MeGUI, the general version will use the 32 bit version of AviSynth (log reports "MeGUI: 2859 x86", and SEt's MT version is only available in 32 bit, so it's obvious).

BTW, "Prefetch(7)" is funny, are 7 threads the maximum for your specific script's memory consumption? And yes, Prefetch() is a function specific to AviSynth+ MT.

New German Gleitz board

Last edited by LigH; 6th June 2018 at 07:43.
Old 6th June 2018, 08:04   #6138  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
Adding "LoadPlugin... ConvertStacked.dll" to the script gained me one more line, 33, thanks. Now I receive the error message "Script error: there is no function named "Prefetch" (... , line 34)". Could this be related to the issue hello_hello mentioned?
Open a script with nothing but Version() and see what it says.
Old 6th June 2018, 10:49   #6139  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
Zathor,
Is it necessary for the AVS Cutter ...
Zathor, maybe you can change also the Audio Cutter tool based in the .clt file created with the AVS Cutter with the MkvMerge method showed here.

- MkvMerge is already in the MeGUI package and you can forget the old BeSplit.exe not needed for MeGUI at all.

- MkvMerge is actualized frequently and support much more audio formats than BeSplit.

- You need only one job to obtain the output, with BeSplit you need one for split and a second to join.
Old 6th June 2018, 14:34   #6140  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

Quote:
MeGUI as such is more or less "portable" anyway, you just unpack it from a ZIP archive, and you should unpack it anywhere else, just not in the usual "Program Files" directories protected by the UAC. Where does it reside in your system?
I have it on a RAMDisc, F:\, with all my other audio-video programs. When I started learning about encoding it seemed like a good idea to have independent discs for the executable files (F:\), the source files (D:\), and the output files (C:\). Perhaps I was overthinking things .

Quote:
Windows 7 in 64 bit is fine; if you don't use the 64 bit of MeGUI, the general version will use the 32 bit version of AviSynth (log reports "MeGUI: 2859 x86", and SEt's MT version is only available in 32 bit, so it's obvious).
Yes, I've been using SEt's () 32 bit MT version for some years, until trying to figure out AviSynth+.

Quote:
BTW, "Prefetch(7)" is funny, are 7 threads the maximum for your specific script's memory consumption? And yes, Prefetch() is a function specific to AviSynth+ MT.
In the beginning I used Groucho2004's awesome AVSMeter () to test for the best MT configuration, and I found that on my quad-core system SetMTMode(3,7) gave me better results than SetMTMode(3,8). Not that I know why .

Quote:
Open a script with nothing but Version() and see what it says.
It shows: AviSynth 2.60, build:Feb 20 2015 [03:16:45] © 2000-2014 Ben Rudiak-Gould, et al. http://www.avisynth.org

Quote:
PS Is MeGUI being a bit oddly when encoding sources indexed with Lsmash for anyone else?
For some reason, after one of the recent updates, the info displayed in the job queue takes quite a while to acknowledged an encode has started, even though the window displaying the encoding process is open and it's clearly progressing. The log queue continues to display "waiting" and appears to be frozen, because no jobs can be started until it changes from "waiting" to "processing", and a couple of time MeGUI has frozen completely "waiting" for a job to commence that's already running. It seems to only happen with Lsmash.
I've not experienced any freezing, but perhaps it takes a bit longer to proceed from "waiting" to "processing" lately. It's always taken much longer for LSmash scripts to load-begin processing than FFMS scripts on both my Win 7 64 bit systems, but I prefer it because, for whatever reason, FFMS sometimes "acts up" whereas LSmash doesn't.

Last edited by LouieChuckyMerry; 6th June 2018 at 14:43.