Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Subtitles

Old 3rd July 2020, 11:40   #1481  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Thanks for the interesting bug report. It is strange that both versions try to merge the two subtitles, as their content are obviously different. Can you confirm that their coordinates on screen are different too ? Also, have you tried to change the --merge-time (or -x) option ? Perhaps setting it to 0 is sufficient to solve the problem...
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2020, 16:29   #1482  |  Link
Peter_A

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
Thanks for the interesting bug report. It is strange that both versions try to merge the two subtitles, as their content are obviously different. Can you confirm that their coordinates on screen are different too ? Also, have you tried to change the --merge-time (or -x) option ? Perhaps setting it to 0 is sufficient to solve the problem...
If you're replying to my post, both versions did not try to merge the two subtitles. Only the Java one did. C++ version worked fine. Coordinates are different. I have not tried anything via CLI; my use was via the GUI.
Peter_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2021, 18:32   #1483  |  Link
CatBus

I think I've found a bug in the Java version of BDSup2Sub (can't confirm C++). It looks like the colors of the subtitles get subtly changed when converting from BDN+XML to BD-SUP, in scenarios where I can't see a reason for this happening. You can magnify this by round-tripping the conversion multiple times.

Example: if the text in a BDN+XML subtitle is #E4E6E0, it gets converted to #E5E6E3 when you turn it into a BD-SUP. If you convert that BD-SUP back into BDN+XML, the color stays #E5E6E3. But then if you convert it back into a BD-SUP again, it then becomes #E5E5E5. Basically, every conversion from BDN+XML to BD-SUP slightly desaturates the colors.

I can't really tell where the conversion error is, but it may be in creating the image palette from the PNG files.
CatBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2021, 18:45   #1484  |  Link
CatBus

I think the issue I described above is related to colorspace conversion (RGB->YCbCr), and it may well be that this is a normal amount of color shift due to lack of 100% color overlap between colorspaces. And the roundtrip magnification is why you should always try to reduce your colorspace conversions.

TL;DR: this may not be a bug at all, but just the normal weirdness that comes with colorspace conversion.
CatBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2022, 11:12   #1485  |  Link
DeafYakuza

Is there anyway to convert to 2160p for 4K UHD?

I'm not happy with Subtitle Edit because it has issues on ASSA-Subtitles.
DeafYakuza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2022, 17:09   #1486  |  Link
screamingtrees

Can I request a feature? The ability to use keyboard shortcuts. I'm trying to delete lyrics from a bunch of anime .sups, and so far going through each edit dialog, clicking the bottom left box "exclude" and upper right box "store changes and skip" is proving to be pretty tedious. Open to other suggestions on how to do this (other than converting from PGS). Even an --exclude option for the command line would be better.
screamingtrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2022, 11:35   #1487  |  Link
DeafYakuza

Where can I find a logfile outside BDSup2Sub?

DeafYakuza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2022, 10:45   #1488  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

You can check the warnings in the bottom pane. Also, there is a bdsup2sub directory here C:\Users\<you>\bdsup2sub, but AFAIK, it contains only the .ini
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2023, 17:41   #1489  |  Link
Gabu

Hello. I'm trying to shift PGS subtitles with BDSup2Sup. Problem is, I can't never seem to make it just right. And by that I mean, but them right above the letterboxed bars.. but they don't seem to be perfect. Some lines stay just right but others go a bit below. It's strange. If anyone else uses BDSup2Sub, what do you do to shift the subs just right and perfect? I'd appreciate the input and help.
Gabu is offline   Reply With Quote