Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 16th May 2019, 15:22   #381  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liisachan View Post
By which I'm guessing that an auto-written BPS is for a track in MKV, and not for the actual audio data, but I'd like to confirm this. TYIA.
mkvmerge uses a generic algorithm for calculating a track's BPS: it takes the maximum sum of a packet's timestamp and its duration, subtracts from that the minimum timestamp of all packets, and uses that as the track's duration. Then it divides the number of bytes written as frame payload for that track and divides it by that duration.

That algorithm works in mkvmerge's core; it's codec-agnostic and only works on packet timestamps/durations and not on actual number of samples (because it doesn't have access to that type of information).

If I ever ask you to upload something, please use my file server.
Mosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2019, 15:33   #382  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubblec4 View Post
It seems the SegmentInfo.dtd is not correct, but mkvmerge handles the structure correctly.
It's quite possible that the DTDs aren't correct (anymore). DTDs are an outdated and unflexible technology. XML Schemas would have been better, but I never bothered to implement them. As no one asks for them either, it seems people don't need them after all.

Quote:
Some question about the Info elements:
Mkvmerge can use all Info elements which are available in the info.XML.
mkvmerge only supports the four elements listed here (m_debug_to_tag_name_map). It explicitly forbids the elements listed here (m_invalid_elements_map).

Quote:
Mkvpropedit can edit all this elements too? And additionally I can edit some more elements like the Info Title.?
You can ask mkvpropedit which elements it supports by running "mkvpropedit -l":

Code:
Elements in the category 'Segment information' ('--edit info'):
title               | US | Title: The title for the whole movie.
date                | DT | Date: The date the file was created.
segment-filename    | US | Segment filename: The file name for this segment.
prev-filename       | US | Previous filename: An escaped filename corresponding to the previous segment.
next-filename       | US | Next filename: An escaped filename corresponding to the next segment.
segment-uid         | X  | Segment unique ID: A randomly generated unique ID to identify the current segment between many others (128 bits).
prev-uid            | X  | Previous segment's unique ID: A unique ID to identify the previous chained segment (128 bits).
next-uid            | X  | Next segment's unique ID: A unique ID to identify the next chained segment (128 bits).
muxing-application  | US | Multiplexing application: The name of the application or library used for multiplexing the file.
writing-application | US | Writing application: The name of the application or library used for writing the file.
Quote:
And then there are some elements which can't be edited, this values are written while mkvmerge mux the mkv file.
- Duration
- DateUTC
- MuxingApp
- WritingApp
Except for the duration those elements can be set with mkvpropedit, but not with mkvmerge.

Quote:
The TimestampScale element can be set before I mux an mkv. Is this only possible with a command line switch?
That's the only way. You cannot change with mkvpropedit.

Old 16th May 2019, 17:17   #383  |  Link
chros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosu View Post
At the moment I don't have concrete plans for working on Dolby Vision. I acknowledge that HDR technologies are important, and I will most likely spend time on those topics in the future, just not soon.
No worries and thanks for all your work!
Old 16th May 2019, 19:56   #384  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Many thanks Mosu for the info.
hubblec4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 13:18   #385  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

MKVToolNix v34.0.0 released

Hey,

here's the May release of MKVToolNix, v34.0.0. It's a tiny update with just three bugs fixed (and several translations updated).

Here are the usual links: the MKVToolNix home page, the Windows installer/portable version & macOS DMG & Linux AppImage and the source code.

The Windows and macOS binaries as well as the Linux AppImage are available already. The other Linux binaries are still being built and will be available over the course of the next couple of hours.

Here are the NEWS since the previous release:

Version 34.0.0 "Sight and Seen" 2019-05-18
Bug fixes
  • mkvmerge: all subtitle frames are now treated as key frames in order to fix wrong data in source files. Fixes #2541.
  • mkvmerge: AV1: fixed frame timestamp calculation when reading bitstreams that lack timing information from IVF files. Fixes #2553.
  • mkvmerge: Matroska reader: fixed an infinite loop that could happen with large video frames and applied timestamp files due to too much data being buffered at the wrong time. Fixes #2550.

Have fun

Tags
matroska