Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 1st October 2018, 16:32   #6401  |  Link
Melan

After the last update, during the indexing sometimes encoder is beginning to duplicate the task.
Melan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2018, 23:58   #6402  |  Link
hello_hello

Temporary workers

Zathor,
Since the change to the Workers configuration (I assume), the method I use for running jobs is no longer available.

Previously it was possible to select multiple jobs of any type, right click, select "run in temporary worker" and the jobs would run one at a time in the temporary worker. It was handy as you could select multiple jobs in the queue, run them in a temporary worker, and start the job queue in order to run the remaining jobs one at a time, or select a second lot of jobs and run them one at a time in another temporary worker etc.
It was effectively an easy way to assign jobs to different workers and run both simultaneously, only the workers were temporary, and maybe more importantly, it was also a way to run only the selected jobs in the queue without running the rest.

MeGUI 2886 no longer allows this. The temporary worker option is greyed out when more than one encoding job is selected. Is it possible to restore the old functionality for temporary workers, while keeping them oblivious to any rules for normal workers? Please! Not being able to run just the selected jobs seems like a step backwards, and the way temporary workers could be used made normal workers obsolete most of the time. Personally, I've almost never used them.

Thanks.

Last edited by hello_hello; 3rd October 2018 at 01:33.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2018, 01:32   #6403  |  Link
hello_hello

Edit: I originally thought this was a VSFilter problem but it turns out it's not. I can index and create and preview scripts and load them into the job queue, but I get the following errors when I try to run them (XP and Avisynth 2.6). It's happening for both MeGUI 2876 and 2886, so I'm assuming it's due to something else I updated when I updated MeGUI to version 2886 as prior to that MeGUI 2876 was working normally.

What could the missing dll be?

Cheers.

Code:
---[NoImage] LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\MeGUI\tools\lsmash\LSMASHSource.dll")
---[NoImage] LWLibavVideoSource("D:\video.mkv.lwi")
---[NoImage] Resize8(1280,720)
---[NoImage] LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\MeGUI\tools\avisynth_plugin\VSFilter.dll")
---[NoImage] TextSub("D:\sub_track3_eng.srt", 1)
---[NoImage] GradFun3()
--[Information] [03/10/18 9:47:22 AM] resolution: 1280x720
--[Information] [03/10/18 9:47:22 AM] frame rate: 24000/1001
--[Information] [03/10/18 9:47:22 AM] frames: 76280
--[Information] [03/10/18 9:47:22 AM] length: 00:53:01.512
--[Information] [03/10/18 9:47:22 AM] aspect ratio: 16:9 (1.778)
--[Information] [03/10/18 9:47:22 AM] color space: YV12
--[Information] [03/10/18 9:47:22 AM] custom command line: --level 4.1 --vbv-bufsize 50000 --vbv-maxrate 50000
--[Information] [03/10/18 9:47:22 AM] Job command line: (edited to avoid horizontal scrolling) 
--[Information] [03/10/18 9:47:22 AM] Process started
--[Information] [03/10/18 9:47:22 AM] Standard output stream
--[Information] [03/10/18 9:47:22 AM] Standard error stream
--[Error] [03/10/18 9:47:22 AM] Process exits with error: 0xC0000135 STATUS_DLL_NOT_FOUND (-1073741515)
--[Information] [03/10/18 9:47:22 AM] Job completed
Or sometimes this:

Code:
--[Error] [03/10/18 9:35:15 AM] Process exits with error: 0xC0000135 STATUS_DLL_NOT_FOUND (-1073741515)
--[Information] [03/10/18 9:35:17 AM] Job completed
-[Error] Unhandled error
--[Information] [03/10/18 9:42:06 AM] Exception message: Exception of type 'System.Exception' was thrown.
--[Information] [03/10/18 9:42:07 AM] Stacktrace
---[NoImage]    at MeGUI.core.gui.JobQueue.indexOf(TaggedJob j)
---[NoImage]    at MeGUI.core.gui.JobQueue.RemoveJobFromQueue(TaggedJob job)
---[NoImage]    at MeGUI.core.details.JobControl.ReleaseJob(TaggedJob j)
---[NoImage]    at MeGUI.core.details.JobControl.<AddSendToTemporaryWorkerMenuItem>b__17_0(TaggedJob job)
---[NoImage]    at MeGUI.core.gui.JobQueue.<>c__DisplayClass16_0.<AddMenuItem>b__0(Object sender, EventArgs e)
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
--[Information] [03/10/18 9:42:07 AM] Inner exception: null
-[Error] Unhandled error
--[Information] [03/10/18 9:43:59 AM] Exception message: Exception of type 'System.Exception' was thrown.
--[Information] [03/10/18 9:43:59 AM] Stacktrace
---[NoImage]    at MeGUI.core.details.JobControl.<AddSendToTemporaryWorkerMenuItem>b__17_0(TaggedJob job)
---[NoImage]    at MeGUI.core.gui.JobQueue.<>c__DisplayClass16_0.<AddMenuItem>b__0(Object sender, EventArgs e)
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
---[NoImage]    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
--[Information] [03/10/18 9:43:59 AM] Inner exception: null
-[Error] Unhandled error
--[Information] [03/10/18 9:44:48 AM] Exception message: Exception of type 'System.Exception' was thrown.
--[Information] [03/10/18 9:44:48 AM] Stacktrace
--[Information] [03/10/18 9:44:48 AM] Inner exception: null
-[Error] Unhandled error
--[Information] [03/10/18 9:45:23 AM] Exception message: Exception of type 'System.Exception' was thrown.
--[Information] [03/10/18 9:45:23 AM] Stacktrace
--[Information] [03/10/18 9:45:23 AM] Inner exception: null
-[Error] Unhandled error
--[Information] [03/10/18 9:46:39 AM] Exception message: Exception of type 'System.Exception' was thrown.
--[Information] [03/10/18 9:46:39 AM] Stacktrace
--[Information] [03/10/18 9:46:39 AM] Inner exception: null

Last edited by hello_hello; 3rd October 2018 at 02:10.
Old 3rd October 2018, 20:23   #6404  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
Edit: I originally thought this was a VSFilter problem but it turns out it's not. I can index and create and preview scripts and load them into the job queue, but I get the following errors when I try to run them (XP and Avisynth 2.6). It's happening for both MeGUI 2876 and 2886, so I'm assuming it's due to something else I updated when I updated MeGUI to version 2886 as prior to that MeGUI 2876 was working normally.

What could the missing dll be?
I tried some switching between the stable and development update servers and rolling back and re-updating components to find the cause, so I could use MeGUI again, and it appears to be caused by an x264 update, although I don't understand how.
Version 2901 on the update server is fine, version 2935 causes the missing dll error.
Old 3rd October 2018, 21:56   #6405  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
...it appears to be caused by an x264 update, although I don't understand how. Version 2901 on the update server is fine, version 2935 causes the missing dll error.
Maybe they have dropped XP support?

Quote:
--[Information] [03/10/18 9:42:06 AM] Exception message: Exception of type 'System.Exception' was thrown.
Are you able to reproduce those?

Quote:
The temporary worker option is greyed out when more than one encoding job is selected. Is it possible to restore the old functionality for temporary workers, while keeping them oblivious to any rules for normal workers? Please! Not being able to run just the selected jobs seems like a step backwards, and the way temporary workers could be used made normal workers obsolete most of the time.
The workers do not have anymore a queue on their own so it is not possible to assign multiple jobs to a worker (temporary or not). This change was intended to reduce code complexity. Therefore this feature will not come back. However... I may add an option to start only selected jobs. That way all other jobs will go to postponed and the selected ones to waiting and will be processed by the workers. This way only the desired jobs start.
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2018, 01:06   #6406  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
Maybe they have dropped XP support?
Maybe. If so, they certainly haven't gone out of their way to tell anyone about it. That would've saved some grief.
I tried running x264 from the command line and it complained about not being able to find bcrypt.dll, so I downloaded that, and then it complained about some entry point in kernel32.dll, so I gave up.
Looks like I should stop procrastinating over switching to Linux and learning VapourSynth.

Quote:
Are you able to reproduce those?
Not with MeGUI 2876. It only happened a few times with MeGUI 2886 when I tried running an encode again after the first attempt had failed, and if I didn't restart MeGUI first. I haven't gone back to 2886 yet.

Quote:
The workers do not have anymore a queue on their own so it is not possible to assign multiple jobs to a worker (temporary or not). This change was intended to reduce code complexity. Therefore this feature will not come back. However... I may add an option to start only selected jobs. That way all other jobs will go to postponed and the selected ones to waiting and will be processed by the workers. This way only the desired jobs start.
Bummer. Are you sure that wasn't a case of fixing something that wasn't broken?
Of course it's possible to change the status of the jobs you don't want to run to "postponed" manually and run only specific jobs that way, but it's a less convenient. If you want to run a specific job while the rest are running you'd have to change it's status to "waiting" before running it in a temporary worker, and if you want to do that a second time you have to wait for the first temporary worker to finish before starting the next one, whereas before you could tell the same temporary worker to run them both, one at a time.

Could I also ask.... were you intending to have another look at the chapter creator at some stage? It's still a bit of a disaster in respect to showing one thing in the GUI while the chapter file being saved is often something else.

Cheers.

Last edited by hello_hello; 4th October 2018 at 01:12.
Old 4th October 2018, 07:10   #6407  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Of course it's possible to change the status of the jobs you don't want to run to "postponed" manually and run only specific jobs that way, but it's a less convenient. If you want to run a specific job while the rest are running you'd have to change it's status to "waiting" before running it in a temporary worker, and if you want to do that a second time you have to wait for the first temporary worker to finish before starting the next one, whereas before you could tell the same temporary worker to run them both, one at a time.
My current idea is that there is an option in the right click menu which does this with one click (set all other waiting jobs to postponed and the desired ones to waiting + creating a temporary worker).

Quote:
...were you intending to have another look at the chapter creator at some stage? It's still a bit of a disaster in respect to showing one thing in the GUI while the chapter file being saved is often something else.
Could you please explain more? What does not work?
Old 6th October 2018, 05:34   #6408  |  Link
imsrk48

how to add a .PNG as logo via megui?

please give some guide

Sent from my P4 using Tapatalk
imsrk48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2018, 08:58   #6409  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Logo? Blended into a corner of your copy?

Manually edit the generated AviSynth script to read the image, loop it as long as the main movie, and use Overlay or Layer to cover it partially.

MeGUI does not support that via UI because per definition, additional differences to the original mean decreased quality.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2018, 19:38   #6410  |  Link
imsrk48

okay thanks sir
Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
Logo? Blended into a corner of your copy?

Manually edit the generated AviSynth script to read the image, loop it as long as the main movie, and use Overlay or Layer to cover it partially.

MeGUI does not support that via UI because per definition, additional differences to the original mean decreased quality.
Old 7th October 2018, 19:40   #6411  |  Link
imsrk48

I'm created scrolling subtitles with black bg in .ass but megui doesn't show black bg but in direct player subtitles showing black bg

please fix these bugs with .ass

Old 7th October 2018, 19:47   #6412  |  Link
imsrk48

how to fix these errors

Old 7th October 2018, 19:50   #6413  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Suddenly released: x265 v2.9+1

New German Gleitz board
Old 7th October 2018, 21:28   #6414  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsrk48 View Post
how to fix these errors
You do have to load ...\tools\avs\plugins\ImageSeq.dll first, before you can call ImageSource
Old 8th October 2018, 03:39   #6415  |  Link
dissory

Hi @Zathor

I noticed a bug when transcoding only the audios within mkv files using One-Click when set to transcode/mux files with 3 audio streams or more.

Steps to reproduce:
In one folder there is 3 mkv files
1.mkv that has 2 audio streams (formats: eng 5.1 flac, italian 2.0 flac)
2.mkv that has 3 audio streams (formats: eng 5.1 flac, italian 2.0 flac, french 2.0 flac)
3.mkv that has 3 audio streams (formats: eng 5.1 flac, italian 2.0 flac, french 2.0 flac)

Enable qaac (not sure if this is necessary to reproduce but included because I used qaac when I realized this bug)
Set One-click profile config to:
Don't encode video
in audio tab set 3 audio langs (lang settings: english ffmpeg ac3 640, italian qaac91, french italian qaac91. set "if codec does not match.." and "use only first audio track" for all 3 audio lang)
Don't have any preselected audio language in language tab.

Then transcode the folder.
1.mkv audios will transcoded/muxed properly (result: eng 5.1 ac3, italian 2.0 aac)
2.mkv audios will transcoded/muxed wrongly (result: eng 5.1 ac3, french 2.0 aac)
3.mkv audios will transcoded/muxed wrongly (result: eng 5.1 ac3, french 2.0 aac)
The 2nd audio stream will be totally removed from the episodes with 3 audio streams.

If you remove 1.mkv from the folder and then transcode from start:
2.mkv audios will transcoded/muxed properly (result: eng 5.1 ac3, italian 2.0 aac, french 2.0 aac)
3.mkv audios will transcoded/muxed wrongly (result: eng 5.1 ac3, french 2.0 aac)

It looks like for some reason only the first mkv file will have its audios transcoded/muxed correctly (loading just 1 mkv in megui one-click gui works also) and the other mkvs with 3 audio streams transcoded/muxed incorrectly when dealing with multiple files.

Last edited by dissory; 8th October 2018 at 03:50.
dissory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2018, 07:17   #6416  |  Link
imsrk48

dear sir which avisynth working with megui and where i can find this ImageSeq.dll?
Quote:
You do have to load ...\tools\avs\plugins\ImageSeq.dll first, before you can call ImageSource
Old 8th October 2018, 09:49   #6417  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Quote:
where i can find this ImageSeq.dll?

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2018, 13:41   #6418  |  Link
imsrk48

ok thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessS View Post
Old 8th October 2018, 13:41   #6419  |  Link
imsrk48

what about this??
Quote:
Originally Posted by imsrk48 View Post
I'm created scrolling subtitles with black bg in .ass but megui doesn't show black bg but in direct player subtitles showing black bg

please fix these bugs with .ass

Old 8th October 2018, 13:44   #6420  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

I believe MeGUI supports several AviSynth plugins supporting subtitles. Which did you select? (log file) – Does it work with a different selection of subtitle filters?

New German Gleitz board