Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Announcements and Chat > General Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 30th July 2018, 21:09   #1  |  Link
jake9wi

video card LUT gets unloaded

Hello, so today i got a SPYDER5express and have calibrated my displays with it and the spyder software BUt now i have an big issue; every time i play a video useing mpc-hc and madvr the videocard lut gets wiped and i have to go into the spyder tray icon a select reload profile. How can i stop madvr from doing this?
jake9wi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2018, 01:33   #2  |  Link
Asmodian

Do you have "disable GPU gamma ramps" checked under "calibration" for your display or are you loading a 3DLUT with a linear ramp attached?
Note: madVR is supposed to restore them after it closes in these instances but those should be the only situations that cause madVR to interact with the GPU LUTs.
Old 31st July 2018, 05:46   #3  |  Link
jake9wi

"disable GPU gamma ramps" is unchecked and it behaves the same with disable callibration selected and already calibrated selected. (madvr 92.14)

forgot to say originaly im running win7, nvidia, and two moniters.
Old 31st July 2018, 06:09   #4  |  Link
jake9wi

Have switched to using DisplayCAL it (overal) works better. Their loader keep the calibrations loaded if i use mpchc and evr renderer but it still gets unloaded if i use madvr. Have tried madvr in FSE mode as-well-as overlay mode, both unload the cal.
Old 31st July 2018, 10:46   #5  |  Link
chros

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake9wi View Post
Have switched to using DisplayCAL it (overal) works better. Their loader keep the calibrations loaded if i use mpchc and evr renderer but it still gets unloaded if i use madvr. Have tried madvr in FSE mode as-well-as overlay mode, both unload the cal.
That's correct and fine in this way (although there's a checkbox under the actual display device setting in madvr (I think) which responsible for this).
You can create a 3dlut with displaycal for MadVR and that will be used using madvr (which is way better).
Old 31st July 2018, 19:28   #6  |  Link
Asmodian

That said, madVR should not unload the LUTs. It doesn't on my system unless I have that box checked or use a 3DLUT with linear ramps (and madVR sets them back when it closes in both cases).

If you are already using DisplayCal creating a 3DLUT with your calibration's gamma ramps in place is a great idea. madVR will then load those ramps when it loads the 3DLUT.
Old 1st August 2018, 13:43   #7  |  Link
dipje

I don't remember the thread or where I asked, but I have / had this exact same issue. For me reason to not use madVR anymore. Also a Spyder5Express but also using DisplayCAL. Didn't encounter any other program doing it, only madVR (in MPC-HC, Win10 x64). The options for gamma-ramps where also unchecked.

Most of the time closing the video would reactivate the ramps, but sometimes it wouldn't and this was the reason that I couldn't stand it... not having the color calibration active 100% while I'm thinking it is caused me some problems in other projects :S.
dipje is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
color calibration, spyder5