Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation

Old 9th May 2010, 22:22   #1301  |  Link
bagheera1

I use to do that, but I've lost my script too many times. (if you edit the script, the go back to the audio tab and change the bitrate, script is reverted back to the default for which ever input source filter is selected in the encoding preferences)

An "Import AVS as source" would save me a bunch of selecting and deleting text, but if it is a pain in the but to implement, I'll somehow manage to go on living without it.
bagheera1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2010, 09:04   #1302  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

@bagheera1

there's something I'm missing.

1. I'm suggesting to add the avs file as input title in main window, not to copy&paste the avs script in 'Title Edit'/'AviSynth'. If you add the avs file as input, then Import() is used. Eventually other avisynth filters are added to reflect the preferences/project settings.

2. Talking about script editing in 'Title Edit' section. If you edit the script ('Auto AVS Script' is off and text become red), then go back to the audio tab and change the bitrate, script simply cannot revert back. It remains modded and red.

Please clarify your request, because I think that the solution is already there.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
MrC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2010, 23:43   #1303  |  Link
Sjakko

Quick question: is it possible to create a menu based on chapters and not on titles? I have a music concert and I want to create a menu containing 1 title per song, but leave the whole concert intact. By intact I mean not cutting it up into many titles (1 title per song). I'd prefer not to cut it up, because I just want to be able to watch the whole concert from beginning to end without noticing the inevitable audio gap during title transition caused by the cutting. Cutting up the concert is just the dirty way anyway.

Thanks!

Sjakko
Sjakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2010, 01:04   #1304  |  Link
bagheera1

I do add the avs file in the main window. it shows up in the edit window as:

Video = Video.ConvertToYV12
#Using DGPulldown to upsize FPS
Video = Video.AddBorders(0,24,0,24)
Video = Video.Spline16Resize(720,480)

AudioDub(Video, Audio)

my video is allready the size I want, 704 x 480, so I dont need the resize.
I then delete the unwanted lines to get:

then I change the audio bitrate from 448 to 192, and the script goes back to:

Video = Video.ConvertToYV12
#Using DGPulldown to upsize FPS
Video = Video.AddBorders(0,24,0,24)
Video = Video.Spline16Resize(720,480)

AudioDub(Video, Audio)

this behavior has been like this for as long as I can remember.
I thought it was by design.

oh yea, the keep compliant check boxes on the audio/video tab of the preferences has no effect on this behavior.
Old 11th May 2010, 11:35   #1305  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

@bagheera1

sorry, I really cannot replicate the issue: if I edit the script (by deleting the AddBorders line), it becomes red and then any kind of changes (Video/Audio/Subs/Chapters) will not reset the script back. What release are you using? Do use the latest Alpha, which will become Final within few days.

A suggestion: use VerticalResize command (94%) to have the AddBorders filter removed. Unfortunately AVS files DAR is exactly W/H and not a separate flag, like other containers have.

@Sjakko

right now it is not possible, as you have already discovered. It is an old feat request that I have delayed in the hope that BatchMux would include in a earlier release. Since more a year has passed without news, I will put it in the AVStoDVD ToDo list.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 11th May 2010, 12:27   #1306  |  Link
Sjakko

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrC View Post
@Sjakko

right now it is not possible, as you have already discovered. It is an old feat request that I have delayed in the hope that BatchMux would include in a earlier release. Since more a year has passed without news, I will put it in the AVStoDVD ToDo list.
Fantastic!
Sjakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 01:53   #1307  |  Link
winmaster
Text Nerd

Hello

AVStoDVD is a fantastic application, however I am having audio issues with it. I am attempting to create a DVD from an MPEG-4 file, but the resulting DVD has no sound. I tried several settings until it finally gave me an error. Could you please tell me how to resolve this problem? I am running Windows 7 64 bit. My log files are attached (there are too many to embed).

I apologize if this is a stupid question that I should already know the answer to, but AVStoDVD is more hardcore than what I'm used to and this is a difficult thread to read entirely.

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Output.zip (15.5 KB, 28 views)
winmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 14:24   #1308  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Hi winmaster,

from your log files, video is always frameserved by FFVideoSource and audio output has always 1 instead of 2 channels. Usually these behaviours are determined by (unproper) codecs. Since you have Windows7:

1. Download and install ffdshow (last stable release)
2. Point n°1 is not enough because Windows 7 uses its own DirectShow filters. Download and install 'Windows7 Preferred Filter Tweaker' and select ffdshow for all (available) video and audio filters.
3. Retry with your project, using the 'Preview Clip' feature before starting to encode (to save time).

Let me know

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 13th May 2010, 15:13   #1309  |  Link
nevragain

I Have a bug report. It seems that the bit-rate control was slightly off. I ended up with an mpeg-2 too large to fit on a single layer DVD even though I selected dvd-5 as the target.
I was attempting to remove black bars from a letter boxed source and get it to fit on a single dvd as I recorded on high quality on my dvd recorder (aprox 9000 cbr). I would suggest that you decrease the size of the dvd-5 preset as it appears too large.
Quote:
<5/12/2010 10:03:08 PM>
START PROCESS
<>

<5/12/2010 10:03:09 PM>
PROJECT SETTINGS

DVD Video Standard: NTSC
DVD Titles number: 1
DVD Size: 4450/4450 MB (100%)
DVD Output Setup: MPEG2 File
DVD Label: DVD
DVD Menu: No Menu
Output Folder: K:\recorder\ts mov crp dvd-5
Delete Temp Process Files: Yes
Delete Working Files: Yes
Edit Command Parameters: No
Post Process Task: Close all applications and shutdown system

PREFERENCES

AVS Source Filter: A2DSource
AVS Resize Filter: Lanczos4Resize
Video Resolution: 0
Video BitRate Min: 2500
Video BitRate Level 1: 6000
Video Profile Level 2: 4500
Video BitRate Max: 8500
Keep DVD Compliant Video: 1
AC3 Audio Encoder: 0
DVD Audio Format: 0
DVD Audio BitRate: 192
Keep DVD Compliat Audio: 1
Normalize Audio: 0
DVD Audio Language: EN - English
DVD Subs Language: EN - English
Chapthers Interval: 5
Use Source Chapters: 1
DVD Burning Drive: E:\
DVD Burning Speed: 4x
Auto Erase DVD RW: 1
Save Log file: 1
Unload ActiveMovie library: 0
Adjust ffdshow mixer: 1
<>

TITLE 1 SOURCE FILES
Video: K:\recorder\totally spies the movie.mpg
Info: MPEG-2 Video - 9056 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 1.333 - 29.97 fps (CFR) - Interlaced (TFF) - 1:24:12 hours - 151421 frames
Audio: K:\recorder\totally spies the movie.mpg
Info: AC3 - 384 kbps - CBR - 48000Hz - 2ch - 1:24:12 hours
Subs:
[]
<>

AVISYNTH SCRIPT
Import("C:\Program Files\AVStoDVD\Lib\A2DSource.avsi")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AVStoDVD\Lib\LeakKernelDeint.dll")

Video = A2DVideoSource("K:\recorder\totally spies the movie.mpg", CacheFolder = "C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp")
# Audio is frameserved by AviSynth just for Preview and Edit purposes.
Audio = A2DAudioSource("K:\recorder\totally spies the movie.mpg", CacheFolder = "C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp")

Video = Video.ConvertToYV12(interlaced = true)
Video = Video.LeakKernelBob(1,7,false,false)
Video = Video.Crop(6,58,-6,-64)
Video = Video.Lanczos4Resize(720,480,0,8,0,-8)
Video = Video.SeparateFields().SelectEvery(4,1,2).Weave()

AudioDub(Video, Audio)
<>

START VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS
Encoding Profile: HCenc VBR 2-pass
Target Video FileSize: 4218.7 MB
HCenc Parameters: -ini "C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\DVD_0_totally spies the movie.HCenc.ini"
HCenc ini file:
*INFILE C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\DVD_0_totally spies the movie.avs
*AVSRELOAD
*OUTFILE K:\recorder\ts mov crp dvd-5\DVD_0_totally spies the movie.m2v
*LOGFILE C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\DVD_0_totally spies the movie.HCenc.log
*MAXBITRATE 9000
*BITRATE 7005
*PROFILE BEST
*ASPECT 16:9
*INTERLACED
*TFF
*BIAS 70
*DC_PREC 10
*MATRIX MPEG
*AQ 2
*LUMGAIN 1
*NOSMP
*PRIORITY IDLE
*WAIT 2
<>

<5/13/2010 7:19:35 AM>
END VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS
A2DVideoSource: FFmpegSource2 (cache off)
Created File: K:\recorder\ts mov crp dvd-5\DVD_0_totally spies the movie.m2v (4220.2 MB)
OUTPUT VIDEO INFO: MPEG-2 Video - 7065 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 1.778 - 29.97 fps (CFR) - Interlaced (TFF) - 1:24:07 hours - 151268 frames
<>

<5/13/2010 7:19:37 AM>
START AUDIO DEMUXING OPERATIONS
FFmpeg Parameters: -i "K:\recorder\totally spies the movie.mpg" -acodec copy "K:\recorder\ts mov crp dvd-5\DVD_0_totally spies the movie.ToFix.ac3"
<>

<5/13/2010 7:26:21 AM>
END AUDIO ENCODING OPERATIONS
Created File: K:\recorder\ts mov crp dvd-5\DVD_0_totally spies the movie.ac3 (231.3 MB)
OUTPUT AUDIO INFO: AC3 - 384 kbps - CBR - 48000Hz - 2ch - 1:24:12 hours
<>

<5/13/2010 7:26:21 AM>
START MUXING OPERATIONS
FFmpeg Parameters: -i "K:\recorder\ts mov crp dvd-5\DVD_0_totally spies the movie.m2v" -vcodec copy -i "K:\recorder\ts mov crp dvd-5\DVD_0_totally spies the movie.ac3" -acodec copy -f vob "K:\recorder\ts mov crp dvd-5\DVD_0_totally spies the movie.mpg"
<>
nevragain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2010, 16:27   #1310  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

@nevragain

log file is missing last lines, where there is the size of the resulting mpg file.

BTW, have you tried to select 'DVD Folder' as output? Looking at the filesize of m2v/ac3 files, I am quite sure that resulting VIDEO_TS/AUDIO_TS will fit into a DVD-5.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 13th May 2010, 17:10   #1311  |  Link
nevragain

Hmm that's the entire log file present in the folder. Windows reports the size of the muxed file as 4.40 GB (4,725,637,120 bytes). I attempted to author the elementary streams using DVAuthorGUI and imgburn stated that the resulting folder would not fit on a dvd+r. I prefer to author manually but I will give dvd folder a try but I wanted the DVD to not have a menu.
Old 13th May 2010, 20:13   #1312  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevragain View Post
Hmm that's the entire log file present in the folder. Windows reports the size of the muxed file as 4.40 GB (4,725,637,120 bytes). I attempted to author the elementary streams using DVAuthorGUI and imgburn stated that the resulting folder would not fit on a dvd+r. I prefer to author manually but I will give dvd folder a try but I wanted the DVD to not have a menu.
The log file should have the mpg filesize and a line showing AVStoDVD release number at the end of it.

Take note that the muxed mpg size could be higher than the elementary m2v+ac3 sizes.

I do not know how DVAuthorGUI works, but you can easily use AVStoDVD to author the DVD (by MuxMan). And menu is not mandatory, as a matter of fact, by default, no menu is created.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 14th May 2010, 08:44   #1313  |  Link
madestmax

Thanks

I'm a newbee at this.

You're program has made it very easy for me. I was trying to use [spam], and didn't even know where to start. Now I'm down to four programs that I use. AVStoDVD, WINAVI, DVD Shrink, and [spam]. Though the last takes to long. When I try to adjust the audio or try to clean up a cam, it can take anywheres from 6 to 24 hours.
WINAVI will adjust the Audio in 30 minutes from 50% to 200%. I just wish that AVStoDVD would allow me to adjust the audio and trim also. I'm not worried about cleaning the cams. By the time [spam] is done the DVDrip is out.

Thanks again for a great useful program.

Last edited by Guest; 14th May 2010 at 13:25. Reason: rule 5
madestmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2010, 14:02   #1314  |  Link
nevragain

Quote:
The log file should have the mpg filesize and a line showing AVStoDVD release number at the end of it.

Take note that the muxed mpg size could be higher than the elementary m2v+ac3 sizes.

I do not know how DVAuthorGUI works, but you can easily use AVStoDVD to author the DVD (by MuxMan). And menu is not mandatory, as a matter of fact, by default, no menu is created.

Bye
Thanks for your patient help. I'm authoring using muxman now. Also I used shut down when completed but found the computer hung at the bios screen and once I moved the mouse it booted like normal. This is most likely a hardware problem but I though I'd tell you any way. Muxman created a disc too large to fit on a DVD I will re run with a smaller target size 4300MB.

Last edited by nevragain; 14th May 2010 at 14:10. Reason: update
Old 14th May 2010, 15:55   #1315  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
Muxman created a disc too large to fit on a DVD I will re run with a smaller target size 4300MB.
Could you please send me (email: avstodvd@gmail.com) the log file? Your case would be the first one with a serious oversize problem.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 14th May 2010, 16:51   #1316  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

AVStoDVD 2.3.0 Final is available to download.

Change log (from 2.2.6):

- Added multi audio tracks encoding and authoring capability
- Added 'AVS DownSize Filter' and 'AVS UpSize Filter' options in 'Preferences'/'Encoding' (removed 'AVS Resize Filter')
- Added 'Export Chapters' feat in 'Title Edit'/'Chapters' (IfoEdit and OGG formats supported)
- Added *PULLDOWN command in HCenc to directly convert NTSC footage from 23.976 to 29.97 fps
- Added DVD Menu highlights colors customization
- Added check on DVD Folder size vs DVD Assets size
- Added check on bitrate spikes causing DVD authoring failure (from BatchMux log file)
- Added 'Resolution' as Audio Media Info
- Changed Video Encoding Profile "HCenc OPV 1-pass" to "HCenc VBR 1-pass" (using internal HCenc 0.24 quantizer predictor)
- Changed default HCenc LUMGAIN option from "0" to "1"
- Changed default Interlaced Encoding field order from BFF to TFF.
- Improved handling of 50 and 59.94 fps based video footage
- Improved support to input MPEG2 video footage (ask for automatic indexing, ask for changing Video Standard at runtime)
- Improved support to input DV video footage
- Improved support to UTF-8 subtitles format (.srt)
- Improved support to DTS and DTS-ES audio track
- HCenc updated to 0.24 beta 04-04-2010
- FFmpeg updated to r22815
- ImgBurn updated to 2.5.1.0
- Haali Media Splitter updated to 1.10.120.15
- MediaInfo updated to 0.7.32

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 14th May 2010, 20:57   #1317  |  Link
nevragain

Unfortunately I already deleted the muxman log.
Old 14th May 2010, 21:56   #1318  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
Unfortunately I already deleted the muxman log.
I meant the AVStoDVD log of the project with 'DVD Folder Structure' as output (if you have run it).

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 14th May 2010, 22:20   #1319  |  Link
nevragain

Oh my mistake I used muxman by itself not avs2dvd. I didn't run it so there's no log for the avs2dvd > folder.
Update
Second encoding seems to have encoded correctly with the log including the lines that were missing last run. I don't know why this would happen but it did I'm authoring now but it looks correctly sized.

Last edited by nevragain; 15th May 2010 at 00:19. Reason: update
Old 15th May 2010, 00:42   #1320  |  Link
bagheera1

Quote:
@bagheera1

sorry, I really cannot replicate the issue: if I edit the script (by deleting the AddBorders line), it becomes red and then any kind of changes (Video/Audio/Subs/Chapters) will not reset the script back. What release are you using? Do use the latest Alpha, which will become Final within few days.

A suggestion: use VerticalResize command (94%) to have the AddBorders filter removed. Unfortunately AVS files DAR is exactly W/H and not a separate flag, like other containers have.

I just tried the new release and it eliminated the reappearing script issue I was having. But, I dont know what you mean by "VerticalResize command (94%)".

I did notice an error in the Prefrences/system info window.
It correctly identifies my CPU and Speed, but says "-1 MB Ram",
and the operating system as Windows 2003 sp2, when it is WinXP64 sp2 (I think the OS description is normal though)