Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 7th November 2016, 22:19   #25201  |  Link
gonca

@jdobbs and Mark_Venture
Testing the Ninja Turtle movie right now
Seems to be encoding fine
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2016, 22:47   #25202  |  Link
gonca

@jdobbs and Mark_Venture
quick encode of Ninja Turtle movie
All is good

Code:
[11/07/16] BD Rebuilder v0.50.18
[16:12:42] Source:  TMNT_2_OUT_OF_THE_SHADOWS_00800
  - Input BD size: 29.28 GB
  - Approximate total content: [01:52:07.595]
  - Windows Version: 6.1 [7601]
  - MOVIE-ONLY/ALTERNATE OUTPUT mode enabled
  - AVS Filtering is enabled
  - Mode: MKV, CRF, Intact Audio
  - Quality: Good (Very Fast)
  - X264 Tweak(s) enabled
  - Decoding/Frame serving: DGDecNV [4-way]
  - Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=0 HD=1 Kbs=640
[16:12:42] PHASE ONE, Encoding
 - [16:12:42] Processing: VID_00800 (1 of 1)
 - [16:12:42] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00800]
 - [16:17:15] Reencoding video [VID_00800]
   - Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
   - Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 161,301 frames
 - [16:17:15] Reencoding: VID_00800, Pass 1 of 1
 - [16:38:43] Video Encode complete
 - [16:38:43] Processing audio tracks
   - Track 4352 (eng): Keeping original audio
[16:38:43]PHASE ONE complete
[16:38:43]PHASE TWO - Rebuild Started
 - [16:38:43] Building ALTERNATE OUTPUT Structure
[16:43:08] - Encode and Rebuild complete
 - WORKFILES folder removed.
[16:43:09] JOB: TMNT_2_OUT_OF_THE_SHADOWS finished.
Code:
[Status]
LABEL=TMNT_2_OUT_OF_THE_SHADOWS
VERSION=v0.50.18
SOURCE_SIZE=31443320832
SOURCE_VIDEO_SIZE=31443320832
TARGET_SIZE=24641536000
REDUCTION=.783681091817828
RESIZE_1080=0
RESIZE_1440=0
AUDIO_TO_KEEP=eng;
KEEP_HD_AUDIO=-1
SUBS_TO_KEEP=eng;
BACKUP_MODE=1
MOVIEONLY_TYPE=3
USE_LAVF=0
INSTANCES=4
DGDECNV=-1
DGDECIM=0
FRIMSOURCE=0
FFMS2=0
SSIF_MODE=0
QUICK=0
ENCODE_STEP=0
COMPLETED=1
REBUILD_COMPLETE=1
[00800]
AUDIO=10000
PGS=11000
APULLDOWN=0
S1440=0
VIDEO2=0
V2MBRATE=0
M2TS_TARGET=24641536000
SPLITS=4
NSIZE=0
FLINK=0
MLINK=0
Old 8th November 2016, 01:09   #25203  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
The way it is supposed to work is that if the menu encode fails, you end up with a menu-less disc (it plays the disc titles sequentially). That doesn't seem to have worked in your case. I'll have to go back and check it.
Ah, OK. Correct. In this case, it locked up one player and just wouldn't play in the other two.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2016, 03:47   #25204  |  Link
Mark_Venture

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonca View Post
@jdobbs and Mark_Venture
Testing the Ninja Turtle movie right now
Seems to be encoding fine
Thanks for checking.

Now I guess its time to figure out what is going wrong with my system...

I just booted to my win10 partition.. and with 50.18, same INI, etc... and TMNT_2 worked.. So its got to be something with my Win 7 setup.

I guess I'll completely blow away my BDRB folder, and start it over.
Mark_Venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2016, 06:56   #25205  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Either dvd-rb@jdobbs.net or dvd-rb@dvd-rb.com should both work. The other alternative is to PM the card number as in gonca's link.

Thanks.
Wow, I stay away for a couple of days and all kinds of great stuff happens! All right, good going whomever thought of that on the other thread from Toronto! (My Mom was born in Brandfort if I spelled that right...)

DAMN! That is awesome that we now FINALLY have a way to send JD something decent. Yeah, I get almost bloody EVERYTHING from Amazon, so that is a frigg'n great idea!
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2016, 15:55   #25206  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Venture View Post
Thanks for checking.

Now I guess its time to figure out what is going wrong with my system...

I just booted to my win10 partition.. and with 50.18, same INI, etc... and TMNT_2 worked.. So its got to be something with my Win 7 setup.

I guess I'll completely blow away my BDRB folder, and start it over.
Did you ever find out what was going on?
Old 10th November 2016, 16:00   #25207  |  Link
Mark_Venture

Quote:
Did you ever find out what was going on?
Well.. No, but I got it working...

First I made a fresh new folder, unzipped 50.18 to it... When I started BDRB for the first time I got told about LAV not being configured, did I want to fix it? I said yes, It errored saying something like SetACL_x64 wasn't compatible with this version of Win 7. I got past that by copying the SetACL_x64 from my 50.17 folder. Trying an encode, it failed nearly immediately saying "Failed to retrieve audio, aborted." Again, 50.17 continued to perform just fine.

I verified FFDshow settings per the OP, even made sure what versions I was running, etc. Still 50.18 failed, but 50.17 continued to work.

Finally, I deleted all folders of 50.18 I made while trying to trouble shoot this. I unzipped again into a new "new folder." Again on first launch I got the LAV not configured.. I answered yes... and it didn't error. I manually setup my options and tried again with TMNT2, this time it worked.

While I've had issues upgrading in the past by just unzipping the new version on top of the old, in this case, I did that weeks ago (ok, month and a half?) and had been working fine. So I'm not sure why all of a sudden I ran into problems when I hadn't changed anything on BD-RB. And other than updates to windows, DVDFab Passkey, Nvidia Geforce drivers, and iTunes, I haven't changed anything on my Win 7 install or BD-Rebuilder since the end of September.
Mark_Venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2016, 16:37   #25208  |  Link
gonca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Venture View Post
Well.. No, but I got it working...

First I made a fresh new folder, unzipped 50.18 to it... When I started BDRB for the first time I got told about LAV not being configured, did I want to fix it? I said yes, It errored saying something like SetACL_x64 wasn't compatible with this version of Win 7. I got past that by copying the SetACL_x64 from my 50.17 folder. Trying an encode, it failed nearly immediately saying "Failed to retrieve audio, aborted." Again, 50.17 continued to perform just fine.

I verified FFDshow settings per the OP, even made sure what versions I was running, etc. Still 50.18 failed, but 50.17 continued to work.

Finally, I deleted all folders of 50.18 I made while trying to trouble shoot this. I unzipped again into a new "new folder." Again on first launch I got the LAV not configured.. I answered yes... and it didn't error. I manually setup my options and tried again with TMNT2, this time it worked.

While I've had issues upgrading in the past by just unzipping the new version on top of the old, in this case, I did that weeks ago (ok, month and a half?) and had been working fine. So I'm not sure why all of a sudden I ran into problems when I hadn't changed anything on BD-RB. And other than updates to windows, DVDFab Passkey, Nvidia Geforce drivers, and iTunes, I haven't changed anything on my Win 7 install or BD-Rebuilder since the end of September.
Use win7dsfiltertweaker to see what filters you are using and then compare to when you start having issues

http://www.videohelp.com/software/Pr...Filter-Tweaker
Old 12th November 2016, 12:10   #25209  |  Link
Yordan5

My OS is Win 7 64bit with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 graphics card. When shrinking BD movies I always use the "Highest (very slow)" encoder setting. This worked just fine with all versions of BD RB and on average took 3 to 4 hours to complete (movie only). For some reason with the lates build of BD RB (0.50.18) the processing time doubled. It now takes overnight to do the same job. I tried clean install of everything, tried it on freshly installed OS, tried with and without LAV filters and Matroska splitter installed but it still takes more than 8 hours to complete a job that would previously take 50% less time. Is there a known issue that I need to be aware of and also is there a solution that would reduce the Reencoding time to previous levels?
Yordan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2016, 15:42   #25210  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yordan5 View Post
My OS is Win 7 64bit with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 graphics card. When shrinking BD movies I always use the "Highest (very slow)" encoder setting. This worked just fine with all versions of BD RB and on average took 3 to 4 hours to complete (movie only). For some reason with the lates build of BD RB (0.50.18) the processing time doubled. It now takes overnight to do the same job. I tried clean install of everything, tried it on freshly installed OS, tried with and without LAV filters and Matroska splitter installed but it still takes more than 8 hours to complete a job that would previously take 50% less time. Is there a known issue that I need to be aware of and also is there a solution that would reduce the Reencoding time to previous levels?
Are you using X264's internal LAVF as your decoding option? If so, see this link and associated posts.
Old 12th November 2016, 16:13   #25211  |  Link
Yordan5

Quote:
Are you using X264's internal LAVF as your decoding option? If so, see this link and associated posts.
I am using whatever BD RB (downloaded from page 1) comes with. Sounds like for the time I will have to accept slower processing speeds.
Old 12th November 2016, 17:50   #25212  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
I am using whatever BD RB (downloaded from page 1) comes with. Sounds like for the time I will have to accept slower processing speeds.
Not necessarily. From within BD-RB go to the SETUP page (Settings/Setup) and report what is checked under "Decoding/Frame Serving Options". The default changes based upon how your system is configured.
Old 12th November 2016, 19:34   #25213  |  Link
mparade

quicktime codec support

Will BD-RB support quicktime codecs to import? My projects include DNxHD 1080p 10-bit (50fps progressive) 4:2:2 output files coming directly from the editor program. I would like to import and reencode them into mkv format using the power of x264 in BD-RB.

Thank you for the help.
mparade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2016, 19:47   #25214  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mparade View Post
Will BD-RB support quicktime codecs to import? My projects include DNxHD 1080p 10-bit (50fps progressive) 4:2:2 output files coming directly from the editor program. I would like to import and reencode them into mkv format using the power of x264 in BD-RB.

Thank you for the help.
It would have to be a Blu-Ray compatible CODEC (MPEG-2, AVC, VC-1, or HEVC) to import without forced reencoding during import. It will also import XVID or DIVX and reencode to AVC during the import process.

The source would have to be in a supported container as well.

Last edited by jdobbs; 12th November 2016 at 19:54.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2016, 00:19   #25215  |  Link
Yordan5

Quote:
Not necessarily. From within BD-RB go to the SETUP page (Settings/Setup) and report what is checked under "Decoding/Frame Serving Options". The default changes based upon how your system is configured.
The checked options are:Use DEINTERLACER on..., Do not convert DTS to AC3, Do not reencode AC3, Keep HD Audio for BD25, Use X264's internal LAVF for frame serving, Strict AVCHD for BD-5/9
Old 13th November 2016, 00:23   #25216  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
The checked options are:Use DEINTERLACER on..., Do not convert DTS to AC3, Do not reencode AC3, Keep HD Audio for BD25, Use X264's internal LAVF for frame serving, Strict AVCHD for BD-5/9
The boldfaced setting above is your problem. Select DirectshowSource instead. If you can't select it, then you're not configured properly -- go back to the instructions in the first post of this thread and uninstall/reinstall.
Old 13th November 2016, 03:40   #25217  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mparade View Post
You have a lot of things going against you: 1) DNxHD 2) 50fps 3) 4:2:2

But, ffmpeg has support for VC-3, so you should be able to directly use ffmpeg to recode to H.264. So, take a look at ffmpeg.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2016, 10:18   #25218  |  Link
Yordan5

Quote:
The boldfaced setting above is your problem. Select DirectshowSource instead. If you can't select it, then you're not configured properly -- go back to the instructions in the first post of this thread and uninstall/reinstall.
Did as you suggested: clean install and selected DirectshowSource. Unfortunatelly it is still taking almost 8 hrs to process a movie that would previously take no more than 4 hrs. Thank you for the time to try and help.
Old 13th November 2016, 15:23   #25219  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Did as you suggested: clean install and selected DirectshowSource. Unfortunatelly it is still taking almost 8 hrs to process a movie that would previously take no more than 4 hrs. Thank you for the time to try and help.
Then I'm guessing you are still using X264/LAVF -- and if that is selected automatically you didn't install LAV Filters (or FFDSHOW) correctly.
Old 13th November 2016, 15:27   #25220  |  Link
mparade

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
You have a lot of things going against you: 1) DNxHD 2) 50fps 3) 4:2:2

But, ffmpeg has support for VC-3, so you should be able to directly use ffmpeg to recode to H.264. So, take a look at ffmpeg.
I will do that way. The second option would be to output from DaVinci in AVC format and then import that file to BD-RB, but that would be a "unnecessary" extra step that may degrade the quality even more. In these specific projects of mine I will use ffmpeg instead.
mparade is offline   Reply With Quote