Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Old 20th March 2011, 13:14   #1  |  Link
billsantos

any way to install Nero 7 and keep Nero 8 on XP SP3?

Recently tried to install Nero 7 so that I could use the encoders from it for DD extraction using eac3to. However, when trying to install, I get the message that the newer version I have (Nero 8) must be uninstalled first and I really don't want to do this. I would like to be able to use the encoders from Nero 7 rather than the default in eac3to for the audio extractions. Currently using XP PS3 as OS. Any way to make this work? Thanks.
billsantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2011, 19:49   #2  |  Link
Midzuki
Unavailable

You can (try to, at least) decompress the Nero 7 installer with the "Universal Extractor", copy the required files, and do the subsequent 'registry-trickery' . Since Nero 7 is a quite-old application already , it's very-probable its installer is not «uniextract-resistant».

Last edited by Midzuki; 20th March 2011 at 19:51. Reason: grammar
Midzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2011, 00:03   #3  |  Link
shon3i
BluRay Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midzuki View Post
You can (try to, at least) decompress the Nero 7 installer with the "Universal Extractor", copy the required files, and do the subsequent 'registry-trickery' . Since Nero 7 is a quite-old application already , it's very-probable its installer is not «uniextract-resistant».
And it work flawlessly on Windows 7, and maybe last nero that i installed, before jump on ImgBurn.
Old 21st March 2011, 02:06   #4  |  Link
billsantos

Thanks, guys, but what I ended up doing was just uninstalling Nero 8 from my identically cloned PC and installing Nero 7. I can afford to not have Nero 8 on that one because I hardly ever use it.
billsantos is offline   Reply With Quote