Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 18th May 2015, 06:51   #1741  |  Link
Blurayhd

Hi again Jdobbs I want to ask you if you can add some features/options?

First, (as example) when I disable from some movie audios and subtitles that I donīt want to keep, in the final result, that audios and subtitles registers are there, thereīs some posibility you can add or fix that for eliminate those registers?

Second, when I choose the Movie only option I really like to push the button "Splash menu" and see on screen the splash menu for setting up the movie but keeping the movie only. Why that? because in first place I want to start inmediatly the movie and setup this movie with splash menu. Can you do it Jdobbs?

Thank you very much for your time and really hope you can do it!!
Blurayhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2015, 13:22   #1742  |  Link
gonca

The audio and subtitle pointers "issue" has been explained before, They will probably stay as they are.
Splash menu?
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2015, 14:55   #1743  |  Link
Blurayhd

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonca View Post
The audio and subtitle pointers "issue" has been explained before, They will probably stay as they are.
Splash menu?
Sorry if I not was clear, i meant Popup menu
Old 18th May 2015, 15:16   #1744  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
First, (as example) when I disable from some movie audios and subtitles that I donīt want to keep, in the final result, that audios and subtitles registers are there, thereīs some posibility you can add or fix that for eliminate those registers?
The audio/subtitles you've selected are no longer there. What is there is the choice for those items from menus, the remote, etc. But they now point, via references, to the first audio/subtitle stream you decided to keep.

As I've explained before, when doing a full-backup you are still using the original authoring (it is, after all, a full backup). In that authoring is HDMV or BD-J code that can select/deselect audio and subtitle streams. If you remove the references -- the code (and the disc) can (and likely will) fail to operate after the backup.
Quote:
Why that? because in first place I want to start inmediatly the movie and setup this movie with splash menu.
I have no idea what you are asking.

Last edited by jdobbs; 18th May 2015 at 20:14.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2015, 15:49   #1745  |  Link
gonca

@Blurayhd
If I understand you correctly, what you want is Movie & Menu mode.
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2015, 18:44   #1746  |  Link
HWK

Jdobbs,

Could you implement an option to resume from second pass when encoding using X265.

Currently what BD-RB does, it encode pass 1 and then move on pass 2 which is fine. However if it stops on second pass, BD-RB will redo pass 1 and 2 even though data from stats file is there.

Also If I may can I request option to add option to tweak pass 1 and pass 2 separately for X265. Currently it only does for X264 encoder.

Last edited by HWK; 25th May 2015 at 18:48.
HWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2015, 12:57   #1747  |  Link
jdobbs

On normal encodes it will pick up on the second pass and not redo the 1st... what kind of encode are you doing. ALTERNATE, maybe?
Old 26th May 2015, 16:18   #1748  |  Link
HWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
On normal encodes it will pick up on the second pass and not redo the 1st... what kind of encode are you doing. ALTERNATE, maybe?
Yes, Jdobbs I am doing alternate ones.
Old 27th May 2015, 01:55   #1749  |  Link
jdobbs

Ok. Yeah, I knew that was there. I'll look at it and see what I can do. It's a little different than BD encodes.
Old 27th May 2015, 12:20   #1750  |  Link
musiclover

@jdobbs

I seem to remember you mentioning the plan to make an imported dvd convert to blu-ray with working original menu. Alas I could not find this information in this thread. Must be a long time ago.

My question is: Did you indeed have that plan and is it still on your todo list?
musiclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2015, 14:12   #1751  |  Link
jdobbs

I don't think that was ever in my plan. I currently get the menu's background sound from the original, and I tested using the original background picture. But unfortunately because DVD has limited overlay capability -- most menus have a lot of "junk" built into the background picture, and I abandoned the idea of using the menu's picture.

I guess I could still look at it, but honestly I'm not sure it's worth the effort.
Old 27th May 2015, 15:37   #1752  |  Link
musiclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I don't think that was ever in my plan. I currently get the menu's background sound from the original, and I tested using the original background picture. But unfortunately because DVD has limited overlay capability -- most menus have a lot of "junk" built into the background picture, and I abandoned the idea of using the menu's picture.

I guess I could still look at it, but honestly I'm not sure it's worth the effort.
My mistake. Please don't waste time on things you know will not work properly. Thanks for your prompt answer.
musiclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2015, 23:13   #1753  |  Link
SquallMX
Special SeeD

An option to blank multiple items at the same time, some international FOX titles have tons of Legal Warnings and is a PITA to remove them one by one.
SquallMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2015, 23:52   #1754  |  Link
Audiophile1178

Jdobbs,

Have you gotten a chance to take a look if you could implement the option of not encoding certain vid files which was discussed here:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...72#post1696672

I ask because I'm currently doing The Expendables 3 and I have to encode 1 bonus vid and the main movie vid manually as BDRebuilder is encoding the biggest bonus vid as 2-pass instead of 1-pass. If this option was present it would make things a lot easier to do as this type of problem is fairly common in BDRebuilder when doing full disc backups. In this case I could tell BDRebuilder to not encode the movie and do 1-pass CRF encoding on all the extras for an output bigger than a BD25. After that is done, I'd take that output that BDRebuilder just did and do another round but this time tell BDRebuilder to not encode the extras and only do the main movie as 2-pass for the final size down to a BD25.

As always, thank you very much for this great useful program!

Last edited by Audiophile1178; 1st June 2015 at 04:28.
Audiophile1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2015, 11:06   #1755  |  Link
Blurayhd

Hi dear Jdobbs I was thinking about if you can add an option on Bd rebuilder to convert and extract between audio files without encode?

I mean, and as an example, I have Taken movie and I need to convert the DTS true or DTS HD or simply DTS to a single AC3 5.1 audio file 640 bit just for add this file on the project so I can choose between DTS or AC3 and for make this I have to use some others programs. For that, I wonder if you can add some option for that but without need to reencode the bluray, I mean, just like an extra or bonus of Bd rebuilder?

Hope you can, and the best for your JD!!
Old 28th June 2015, 05:16   #1756  |  Link
DoctorM

Kind of a request, maybe there is a way to do this already, but I don't see how.

I'm working with Airplane! The disc contains a "Long Haul" mode (like the "Follow the White Rabbit" feature on the Matrix). It allows you to view 59 bonus clips/video commentary from within the movie, but no way to select them from the menu.

What I WANT to do is make a disc without a menu that plays the movie and then the 59 video clips sequentially.

Looking at the Import/Quick-Play Settings there seems to be an option to play items sequentially (which look to be a 'play all' of sorts) and another to skip going to the menu at the start of the disc, but this still implies that a menu must exist.

The problem is those 59 clips are untitled and too much for a menu. There is no chance of it looking any good or being useful.

I'd like a way to make a disc that is just the videos sequentially, no menu at all. Is it possible? If not it might make a nice option.
DoctorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2015, 13:23   #1757  |  Link
jdobbs

No, not today. Import will create a menu -- but with MENU_PLAY_SEQUENTIAL set, when you start the first item it will not return to the menu until it has either played all items or you push the MENU button on your remote.

I'll look at it -- but I'm not sure that it's really worth the effort to save a single click from a start menu.
Old 28th June 2015, 18:43   #1758  |  Link
DoctorM

I was looking for no menu at all, not a single click play. Sort of movie only, but with all video files as well.
I guess I'll just go with numbered extras for the menu.

I seem to recall there is a limit to the number of menu items. What happens when you reach that limit, are the videos ignored, or just unreferenced?

Edit: My mistake. I saw MENU_MAXITEMS=n and assumed it was the total limit, not per page. Mind you the HiddenOpt.txt says the default is 32, but my first test produced a page with 48 items on the first page.

I'll manually set it to 32 and (hopefully) things should be fine.

Oh, also, as with most menus, this movie has a first play video file and then the a second one that loops. Is it supposed to be the default behavior to use the second of those files? Is there a way to adjust which is chosen?

Last edited by DoctorM; 29th June 2015 at 01:48.
Old 29th June 2015, 13:44   #1759  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorM View Post
I was looking for no menu at all, not a single click play. Sort of movie only, but with all video files as well.
I guess I'll just go with numbered extras for the menu.

I seem to recall there is a limit to the number of menu items. What happens when you reach that limit, are the videos ignored, or just unreferenced?

Edit: My mistake. I saw MENU_MAXITEMS=n and assumed it was the total limit, not per page. Mind you the HiddenOpt.txt says the default is 32, but my first test produced a page with 48 items on the first page.

I'll manually set it to 32 and (hopefully) things should be fine.

Oh, also, as with most menus, this movie has a first play video file and then the a second one that loops. Is it supposed to be the default behavior to use the second of those files? Is there a way to adjust which is chosen?
There was a 64 item limit to the menu at one point -- but that went away a while back. Now BD-RB will create as many menus as are needed.
Code:
March 8th, 2015 - v0.50.05
- Updated Quick-Menu code.  Now multiple menu
  pages are created when more menu items are 
  present than will fit on one page. Applies
  to menus created with Quick-Menu or Imports.
Old 1st July 2015, 05:01   #1760  |  Link
DoctorM

Ah, okay. I'll clear that from my .INI since I don't anticipate needing specifically 32 again any time soon.