Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 24th October 2013, 21:11   #18061  |  Link
HWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiophile1178 View Post
jdobbs, I just found out that it looks like the recently updated tsMuxeR now supports DTS Express as I was able to demux the 3 DTS Express audio tracks for X-MEN: WOLVERINE. Will this mean that BDRebuilder will now support DTS Express properly to work correctly on all players?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Yes... but that version of TSMUXER is still in early beta (it was alpha not long ago). I'll support it as soon as I've tested it enough and know it's stable.
As jdobbs said it is early beta version and according release notes it is not fully finished yet either. However one of the great add-on so far is support for creating iso image directly within.

Quote:
version 1.12.10(b):
- add DTS-express support. Is not fully complete yet, tsMuxeR doesn't produce subpath for secondary audio

Last edited by HWK; 24th October 2013 at 21:14.
HWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2013, 21:39   #18062  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWK View Post
As jdobbs said it is early beta version and according release notes it is not fully finished yet either. However one of the great add-on so far is support for creating iso image directly within.
A great addition -- and the only way of truly supporting BD 3D.
Old 24th October 2013, 21:48   #18063  |  Link
Audiophile1178

Yes, I just read that but it's nice to know that the software is being worked on again as I know that jdobbs had trouble implementing DTS Express in the first place and if I remember reading correctly he stated that it would be a lot easier if tsMuxeR was updated to support DTS Express. It now looks like it's being worked on again so hopefully with enough time it'll be fully supported.
Audiophile1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2013, 22:15   #18064  |  Link
HWK

Quote:
A great addition -- and the only way of truly supporting BD 3D.
Indeed it is just few days ago, physic said he would add support for processing full disc. My guess is it would go like this open or drag bdmv folder in tsmuxer and it will display all title on disc and user can modify title and it will rebuild disc and update necessary files.

Edit: Here is the link if any wants to read it.
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1649212#post1649212

Last edited by HWK; 24th October 2013 at 22:17.
Old 25th October 2013, 19:00   #18065  |  Link
marco421

audio failure

i have just installed bdrebuilder, ffdshow, haali splitter, avisynth, imgburn. i immedialely get an error 'failure to retrieve audio'. right above that msg, it said bitstream exception and contact somebody. win 7 64-bit, sp 1. was working fine, but i had to do a full recovery. ami i missing an app or file of some kind?

please help.
marco421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2013, 19:07   #18066  |  Link
HWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco421 View Post
i have just installed bdrebuilder, ffdshow, haali splitter, avisynth, imgburn. i immedialely get an error 'failure to retrieve audio'. right above that msg, it said bitstream exception and contact somebody. win 7 64-bit, sp 1. was working fine, but i had to do a full recovery. ami i missing an app or file of some kind?

please help.
Just a quick question you source of download for ffdshow, haali splitter, avisynth were first thread of BD Rebuilder Beta - Bug Reports Only. Jdobbs want specific version only.

Also post logs from BD-RB

Last edited by HWK; 26th October 2013 at 03:17.
Old 26th October 2013, 02:31   #18067  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

I've encountered a weird issue with "Man of Steel, barcode 5051888154366". When using DGdecNV, after demuxing tsmuxer closes and bdrb just "sits" there at 100% of "Extracting/indexing VID_00001". I doublechecked task manager and it was indeed not closed. Aborting and restarting results in "directory not empty, start over?". Extracting that way takes about half an hour and never goes into the recoding phase. Now here's the weird part. If i swap to internal x264 LAVF frameserving the extracting completes in 17 minutes and then goes about it's business as usual and goes into recoding phase.

so for some reason on this movie DGIndexNV is SLOWER than LAVF (afaik it should be the other way arround), and DGIndexNV never goes into the x264 encoding phase while LAVF just operates normally.
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2013, 03:21   #18068  |  Link
greslogo

I have the same problem with DGdecNV as you have but with The Conjuring. I started it, again, and the second time it went into the rebuild phase. In this case, it didn't need to reencode.
greslogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2013, 06:18   #18069  |  Link
Fooshnik

Quote:
I have to disagree with the full disc remark. If the copy protection wasn't removed correctly and the disc is referencing an improper playlist when you press the play button then what you need to do is replace that improper playlist with the correct one and my method as described above should work. Yes, you are correct that the proper playlist will be there on a whole disc backup but if the disc didn't have the copy protection properly removed then it'll have the playlist obfuscation problem which we had back in the day of when the "Hunger Games" first came out and AnyDVD didn't decode it properly. Everybody was getting incorrect playback of their "FULL DISC" as Fooshnik is describing. There has been discs to where there were 20 playlists for the main movie and there was only one correct playlist for the movie and all the others were the playlist obfuscation problem. Finding out which one is the correct playlist and removing all the other 19 incorrect playlists and follow the rest of my guide should fix this issue as even if a whole disc backup is referencing an incorrect playlist it wouldn't matter as you copied the correct playlist 19 times and renamed those copies to the same numbers as the incorrect playlist numbers so no matter what playlist the disc tries to access all 20 playlists are now correct.

Anyway, I was merely stating that it's most likely not a problem with BDRebuilder and made a suggestion on how to fix the issue.
Thanks gentlemen. Quick questions: What's the quickest way to verify the correct playlist? Is this something that's likely to only be an issue with Sony disks?
Fooshnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2013, 07:08   #18070  |  Link
omegaman7

Quote:
I have to disagree with the full disc remark. If the copy protection wasn't removed correctly and the disc is referencing an improper playlist when you press the play button then what you need to do is replace that improper playlist with the correct one and my method as described above should work. Yes, you are correct that the proper playlist will be there on a whole disc backup but if the disc didn't have the copy protection properly removed then it'll have the playlist obfuscation problem which we had back in the day of when the "Hunger Games" first came out and AnyDVD didn't decode it properly. Everybody was getting incorrect playback of their "FULL DISC" as Fooshnik is describing. There has been discs to where there were 20 playlists for the main movie and there was only one correct playlist for the movie and all the others were the playlist obfuscation problem. Finding out which one is the correct playlist and removing all the other 19 incorrect playlists and follow the rest of my guide should fix this issue as even if a whole disc backup is referencing an incorrect playlist it wouldn't matter as you copied the correct playlist 19 times and renamed those copies to the same numbers as the incorrect playlist numbers so no matter what playlist the disc tries to access all 20 playlists are now correct.

Anyway, I was merely stating that it's most likely not a problem with BDRebuilder and made a suggestion on how to fix the issue.
"Source code" came before "Hunger Games". Just saying...
Old 26th October 2013, 07:41   #18071  |  Link
Audiophile1178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fooshnik View Post
Thanks gentlemen. Quick questions: What's the quickest way to verify the correct playlist? Is this something that's likely to only be an issue with Sony disks?
Usually if it's a big problem a google search will be your best friend. For instance, on the Hunger Games if you google search "Hunger Games correct playlist" (without quotes) will usually lead to some forum (most likely slysoft or dvdfab). I know it's not exactly what you want to hear but unless you really know the movie well or want to watch every playlist then an internet search will be your best option.

I'll try to help you:

Now You See Me:
http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6972

Peeples:
I'm not sure about this disc as there isn't a lot that I found quickly on the net. I would probably use BDinfo to help look at all the playlists and time to try to determine which one might be correct.

The question was asked about this disc here but nobody responded:
http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7122

Read through some of the information on here to possibly help you out on this disc:
https://forum.slysoft.com/forumdisplay.php?53-AnyDVD-HD

Basically, you could use BDinfo to see if there are m2ts files that are repeated in a playlist. If there is then you can eliminate those playlists as a movie isn't going to play the same m2ts file twice. You can also play certain parts to try to get an idea of how the movie should be played in order (like a jig saw puzzle). Find the first and last m2ts file (just like jig saw puzzle of starting with outside/corner pieces) and see what playlists have those m2ts files as the first and last. Then try to find out what m2ts file would play after the first one and keep on working the playlists like that until you found the correct one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaman7 View Post
"Source code" came before "Hunger Games". Just saying...
LOL

BTW, this is SOOO off topic of BDRebuilder bugs reports.

Last edited by Audiophile1178; 26th October 2013 at 07:44.
Audiophile1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2013, 01:18   #18072  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
I have SALT running now... if you can wait a day or two it will be fixed.
Sorry for the delay. I've found a couple things that needed fixing -- and they turned out to be bigger than I thought. It shouldn't be much longer.
Old 30th October 2013, 02:05   #18073  |  Link
A.Fenderson

My apologies if this has been mentioned.

Selecting any input directory ending in (but not completely comprised of) "_BDMV" (and possibly just "BDMV") instantly throws an error that the content is not Blu-ray format. Adding anything to the end of one of these directories prevents this from happening.
A.Fenderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2013, 03:02   #18074  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Fenderson View Post
My apologies if this has been mentioned.

Selecting any input directory ending in (but not completely comprised of) "_BDMV" (and possibly just "BDMV") instantly throws an error that the content is not Blu-ray format. Adding anything to the end of one of these directories prevents this from happening.
Maybe I'm confused. But if a folder name isn't named exactly BDMV or it doesn't contain a folder called (exactly) BDMV -- then it isn't Blu-ray and the message seems appropriate.
Old 30th October 2013, 03:20   #18075  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Jdobbs, You're confused about many things (Haaa, Haaa, Haaa) but not that.
Old 30th October 2013, 03:23   #18076  |  Link
A.Fenderson

Quote:
Maybe I'm confused. But if a folder name isn't named exactly BDMV or it doesn't contain a folder called (exactly) BDMV -- then it isn't Blu-ray and the message seems appropriate.
Sorry if I wasn't clear. The folder in question did contain both "BDMV" & "CERTIFICATE" folders and otherwise passed verification once it was renamed so that it did not end in "_BDMV".

The input folder was essentially named 'movie_name_here_BDMV' as it was a Blu-ray remux of a digital OTA TV show I had recorded the raw MPEG stream of. That input folder then contained both the BDMV and CERTFICATE folders created by tsMuxeR. Obviously, since I named these myself and it's preprocessed content, it's not a case of any particular Blu-ray giving a problem--more of a heads-up that whatever logic you have to test for proper Blu-ray format is overriden any time the input folder's name ends in "_BDMV" and in all cases a false-positive for it being incorrect format is reported. Once the name of the input folder is changed so that it does not end with "_BDMV" it is accepted and can then be processed.
A.Fenderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2013, 09:28   #18077  |  Link
pasadena

I have a question with regards to movies with TrueHD Sound tracks.

In short, BD's I have ripped with a DTS-HD track, authored to a movie only custom 12GB ISO image with high speed option works fine when playing back through either my Oppo BDP-95 or Popcornhour PCH-A400. When performing the above with TrueHD tracks, playback of the ISO images works perfectly fine through the Oppo BDP-95. Through the PCH-A400, the 10-15 seconds cannot be heard. Playing back the Full ISO image with TrueHD track on the A400 works fine.

There seems to be something during the encode that causes the A400 to dropout TrueHD audio in the first 10-15 seconds. Has anyone else come across this?

----------------------
[10/30/13] BD Rebuilder v0.44.17 (beta)
[15:05:40] Source: TRANSFORMERS_3_EU_00800
- Input BD size: 42.47 GB
- Approximate total content: [02:34:23.295]
- Target BD size: 11.72 GB
- Windows Version: 6.1 [7601]
- MOVIE-ONLY mode enabled
- Quality: High-Speed Option (BD-25), Two Pass
- Decoding/Frame serving: DirectShow
- Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=0 HD=1 Kbs=640
[15:05:40] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [15:05:40] Processing: VID_00800 (1 of 1)
- [15:05:40] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00800]
- [15:15:14] Reencoding video [VID_00800]
- Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
- Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 222,097 frames
- Bitrate: 2,754 Kbs
- [15:15:14] Reencoding: VID_00800, Pass 1 of 2
- [15:15:15] Reencoding: VID_00800, Pass 2 of 2
- [16:12:35] Video Encode complete
- [16:12:35] Processing audio tracks
- Track 4352 (eng): Keeping original audio
[16:12:35]PHASE ONE complete
[16:12:35]PHASE TWO - Rebuild Started
- [16:12:36] Rebuilding BD file Structure
[16:17:04] - Encode and Rebuild complete
[16:17:04] Writing BD structure to ISO file
- ImgBurn completed successfully
- TRANSFORMERS_3_EU folder removed.
- WORKFILES folder removed.
[16:22:29] JOB: TRANSFORMERS_3_EU finished.

[Status]
LABEL=TRANSFORMERS_3_EU
VERSION=v0.44.17 (beta)
SOURCE_SIZE=45600626688
SOURCE_VIDEO_SIZE=45600626688
TARGET_SIZE=12582912000
REDUCTION=.27593726038224
RESIZE_1080=0
RESIZE_1440=0
AUDIO_TO_KEEP=eng;
KEEP_HD_AUDIO=-1
SUBS_TO_KEEP=eng;
BACKUP_MODE=1
MOVIEONLY_TYPE=0
USE_LAVF=0
INSTANCES=1
DGDECNV=0
SSIF_MODE=0
QUICK=0
ENCODE_STEP=0
COMPLETED=1
REBUILD_COMPLETE=1
[00800]
AUDIO=100000
PGS=00100000001
APULLDOWN=0
S1440=0
VIDEO2=0
V2MBRATE=0
M2TS_TARGET=12582912000
RATE=2754
SPLITS=1
NSIZE=0
FLINK=0
MLINK=0
NSTART=27000000
NEND=443846880

Thanks

Last edited by pasadena; 30th October 2013 at 09:53.
pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2013, 12:11   #18078  |  Link
Wizzu

Quick-play backups not compatible with my player

Thanks again for the nifty app. :-) Its gets better and better with each release. Very glad user here.

To the subject:

Don't know if it's a bug, but ever since the "Quick play" feature exists, my Panasonic BD-75 player refuses to play discs made this way, with a "Copyright violation" message.

Full backups and movie-only backups play totally fine on this player, thus I'm wondering what can be different with Quick-play backups, to make my player refuse them...
Wizzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2013, 13:22   #18079  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
I have SALT running now... if you can wait a day or two it will be fixed.
Quote:
Sorry for the delay. I've found a couple things that needed fixing -- and they turned out to be bigger than I thought. It shouldn't be much longer.
NP at all. Last night I watched the Theatrical version and it was A LOT better than I expected. I should have known from his review--I'm gonna miss Roger Ebert...

laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2013, 16:53   #18080  |  Link

Posts discussing forum rules have been deleted per rules 3 and 17. Please remain on topic and leave the moderating to the moderators. Thank you.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote