Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 11th August 2009, 04:06   #201  |  Link
chudm

what about we can select what to include or not on the bluray? i meant like if we dont want the extras, but still want the menu, or just want some of the extras? doesnt seems to hard to do right?
chudm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2009, 04:07   #202  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chudm View Post
what about we can select what to include or not on the bluray? i meant like if we dont want the extras, but still want the menu, or just want some of the extras? doesnt seems to hard to do right?
I'll eventually add an option to blank them. But you first have to be able to view them so you know what you're blanking. I've started working on that but have hit a couple of snags.
Old 11th August 2009, 04:10   #203  |  Link
chudm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I'll eventually add an option to blank them. But you first have to be able to view them so you know what you're blanking. I've started working on that but have hit a couple of snags.
yeap i was thinking about that, cause sometimes are too many clips that it will be very annoying to check one by one to see what does it have each one!
chudm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2009, 23:20   #204  |  Link
tekmobile
Webmaster

Quote:

What kind of snags

Are you planning on just having some program launch, write your own preview player or just embedding something like MPC.
tekmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2009, 23:43   #205  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekmobile View Post
What kind of snags

Are you planning on just having some program launch, write your own preview player or just embedding something like MPC.
I was going to just embed it in BD-RB (like I do in DVD-RB) using the media libraries already included in Windows.

The snag? Well... the DLL keeps crashing when I call it.
Old 12th August 2009, 02:56   #206  |  Link
HWK

Not sure if this is good idea or not but I have seen tsmuxer doesn’t use more than one cpu core at given time. However today cpu have two to four cores. If tsmuxer instance is launched multiple time we can give each one different stream to extract. Also this would help with rebuilding for final output since we can build more than one stream at same time.
HWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2009, 11:28   #207  |  Link
tekmobile
Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWK View Post
Not sure if this is good idea or not but I have seen tsmuxer doesn’t use more than one cpu core at given time. However today cpu have two to four cores. If tsmuxer instance is launched multiple time we can give each one different stream to extract. Also this would help with rebuilding for final output since we can build more than one stream at same time.
You would still be limited by your disk's performance and with the increased seek times would actually slow down the process.

Last edited by tekmobile; 12th August 2009 at 11:32.
Old 29th August 2009, 20:38   #208  |  Link
cybercurves

Any chance you could add a little audio sound when the conversion is complete? Not that big of a deal, but it's always nice to hear a beep or some type of sound when something is finished.
cybercurves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2009, 20:57   #209  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybercurves View Post
Any chance you could add a little audio sound when the conversion is complete? Not that big of a deal, but it's always nice to hear a beep or some type of sound when something is finished.
Sure.
Old 29th August 2009, 21:45   #210  |  Link
Wolfe999

Don't remember in which version you had a very nice feature: BD showed the approximate bitrate the conversion would have once finished. Then you took it off. Would it be much of a hassle to add it again? Or it's still there hidden and I haven't seen it?

Edit: corrected typo
Wolfe999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2009, 23:08   #211  |  Link
tekmobile
Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfe999 View Post
Don't remember in which version you had a very nice feature: BD showed the approximate bitrate the conversion would have once finished. Then you took it off. Would it be much of a hassle to add it again? Or it's still there hidden and I haven't seen it?

Edit: corrected typo
Do you mean verbose status reporting under the settings tab this states the approx bitrate
Old 30th August 2009, 02:13   #212  |  Link
GaPony

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybercurves View Post
How about a user configurable setting. I'd like to have a loudazzed siren when its complete!

I'm sure some people would like a ding and still others, nothing.
GaPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2009, 02:44   #213  |  Link
Wolfe999

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekmobile View Post
Do you mean verbose status reporting under the settings tab this states the approx bitrate
It might be. Don't know why, I have it unticked now. I'll check it now.
Thank you, tekmobile
Wolfe999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2009, 17:18   #214  |  Link
shon3i
BluRay Maniac

Hello jdobbs, as i alredy ask you here about Level 4.0 comilance in BD Rebulder, i want to elaborate this. Since x264 can't fully produce Blu-Ray compilant stream at level 4.1, according original Blu-Ray specification, encoding only and only with level 4.1 require 4 or more slices. Level 4.0 is full blu-ray compilant only thing is different is that max bitrate drop from 40000 to 24000. Since both level 4 and 4.1 can have max buffer on 30000, which mean max 30mbps peak, quality won't drop by wide margin. You current buffer setting (25000) can hurt quality more than difference between level 4 and 4.1. Anyway x264 as very powerfull and quality at level 4 will be same. Finaly we find settings that are 100% compilant, i think is smarter for near future until x264 not make slices encoding.

I suggest you to add some hidden option and use 100% blu-ray compilant settings in this mode such as
Level 4
vbvmaxrate 24000
vbvbuffersize 30000
bframes=3
refs=4
no bpyramid
no mixedrefs
aud, nalhrd

strems generated with 100% compilant settings will be more usefull for authoring programs such sonic scenarist and others. Buffer 30000 are good for DVD media aslo there is no reason to change it because is compilant to BD 5/9 unless use strict AVCHD specs.

Thanks.

Last edited by shon3i; 30th August 2009 at 17:23.
shon3i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2009, 17:21   #215  |  Link
Dark Shikari
x264 developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shon3i View Post
no mixedrefs
If you have no idea what you're talking about, please don't post.
Dark Shikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2009, 21:54   #216  |  Link
jdobbs

@shon3i

I'm not trying to be confrontational, but I'd ask that you at least look at my BD-RB command lines before trying to correct them. The only downside to using Level 4.1 is the slice requirement -- and there is no known player that enforces that, so I made a decision to stick with it for the extra bitrate. I probably will decide to encode at Level 4.0 just so I can claim complete compliancy, but as of today it is a "much ado over nothing" argument that I've seen get much more attention than it's worth (IMHO).

I'd also add just for clarification that:

- Level 4.0 has a maximum rate of 25000 in High Profile (which is what BD uses), not 24000

- Level 4.1 has a maximum rate of 62500 in High Profile, the 40000 is a limitation of Blu-Ray, not the level

- The refs 4 is driven by resolution. And is only applicable to 1080p, 720p and below can be 5

I would also add that there are other requirements for Blu-ray, such as keeping the GOP length (keyframe spacing) under 1 second (which by the way is one I've seen violated the most in other suggested settings). You also have to severely lower the maximum bitrate when writing to AVCHD or BD-5/9, because the spin speed of a DVD won't handle 25000.

Last edited by jdobbs; 30th August 2009 at 22:12.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2009, 22:47   #217  |  Link
shon3i
BluRay Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs
- Level 4.0 has a maximum rate of 25000 in High Profile (which is what BD uses), not 24000
Quote:
- The refs 4 is driven by resolution. And is only applicable to 1080p, 720p and below can be 5
Sorry no, from ORIGINAL Blu-ray specs, document says

Quote:
Maximum number of frames or complementary field pairs which are stored in DPB is restricted in
addition to ITU-T H.264 | ISO/IEC 14496-10.
�� In case of level 4.1 and 4
�� For 1920x1080: 4 (as defined in ITU-T H.264 | ISO/IEC 14496-10[11].)
�� For 1440x1080: 4
�� For 1280x720: 6
�� For 720x480 or 720x576: 6
�� In case of level 3.2 and 3.1
�� For 720x480 or 720x576: 6
�� In case of level 3
�� For 720x480:6
�� For 720x576: 5
• In case of level 4 and level 4.1, the size of CPB shall be less than or equal to 30000 [1000bits].
Quote:
From bitrate table
40*1000 for level 4.1,
24*1000 for level 4
shon3i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2009, 22:59   #218  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by shon3i View Post
Sorry no, from ORIGINAL Blu-ray specs, document says
I stand corrected on the 24000, I didn't realize the BD spec was different from the H.264 HiP/Level 4.0 spec (which is 25000). But, of course, I'm not using it as of right now so it really doesn't matter.

As for the other one, it pretty much substantiates exactly what I said.

Last edited by jdobbs; 30th August 2009 at 23:01.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 19:02   #219  |  Link
Chefkoch_ico

Hi!

I set my PC mostly to standby when I am not using it.

Imgburn has a nice option where one can set the Shutdown action to for example: Shutdown, Standby, Hibernate, Restart.

Would be nice to see such an option in BD-RB.

I mentioned already in the bug thread, but its more of a feature wish:
a (hidden) option to not overwrite the VID_?????.avs files, if they already exist, would also be nice.

Bye
Chefkoch_ico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 19:13   #220  |  Link
Dark Shikari
x264 developer

Quote:
@shon3i

I'm not trying to be confrontational, but I'd ask that you at least look at my BD-RB command lines before trying to correct them. The only downside to using Level 4.1 is the slice requirement -- and there is no known player that enforces that, so I made a decision to stick with it for the extra bitrate.
x264 supports slices, so might as well add them in now
Dark Shikari is offline   Reply With Quote