Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 4th April 2020, 22:53   #29361  |  Link
Mike-uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotswood View Post
You did Rocky as a BD9 here https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...25#post1905725. Was this just a test or do you encode to BD9 as well?
ah ok cool, everyone has there preferred method

yes it was just a test as ive never encoded to that size so was just to see what file size I ended up with, I encode to BD25 keeping audio as is, as BD50 discs are horrendously expensive here ( UK ) and I only use verbatim
Mike-uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2020, 00:05   #29362  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
I understand that the audio is reencoded or the core is used for BD5/9 for either Dolby or DTS due to size restrictions. In the second log I chose to keep the DTS core which is why it's "keeping original audio". I also switched to Decoding/Frame serving: DGDecNV hoping for a different outcome, not knowing at the time what happens over 8500. If the restrictions are removed at 8500 the bitrate should increase in my way of thinking. If I'm using a custom target over 8500 there should be no restrictions, but BDRB still thinks I'm using DVD-R/+R and decreases the bitrate?
The bitrate is lower because the DTS audio is much, much larger. It has to lower the bitrate to make room for the larger audio.
Old 5th April 2020, 00:19   #29363  |  Link
Mike-uk

AS Emulgator said in your ini you have AUTO_QUALITY=1

also you have a few other options that I don't have

ENABLE_TEST=1
AUTO_BIAS=2
AUTO_TWOPASSONLY=1

so not sure if any of thouse options are messing with it

if you did a fresh install of bdrebuilder then I guess thouse options shouldn't be there ??

heres my ini

[Options]
VERSION=0.61.0.5
ENCODER=0
MODE=0
ENCODE_QUALITY=2
ONEPASS_ENCODING=0
AUTO_QUALITY=0
TARGET_SIZE=8032
AUDIO_TO_KEEP=eng;
SUBS_TO_KEEP=eng;
SD_CONVERT=0
OPEN_GOP=0
RESIZE_1080=0
RESIZE_1440=0
RESIZE_720=0
DEINTERLACE=0
SD_TO_1080=0
IGNORE_3D=0
CONVERT_WIDE=0
DTS_REENCODE=0
AC3_REENCODE=0
AC3_640=1
AC3_192=0
KEEP_HD_AUDIO=1
AUDIO_DRC=0
DECODER=3
AVCHD=1
REMOVE_WORKFILES=0
REMOVE_OUTPUT=0
USE_FILTERS=0
BDMV_CERT_ONLY=0
IVTC_PULLDOWN=0
ASSUME_DVD_PAL=1
FRIMSOURCE=0
COMPLETION_BEEP=0
OUTPUT_SBS=0
NEROAAC=0
SUPTITLE=0
PGSTOSRT=0
AUDIO_TRACK_LIMIT=1
SUBTITLE_TRACK_LIMIT=0
CUSTOM_TARGET_SIZE=23500
MOVIEONLY_TYPE=0
ALTCRF=23
ALT_TARGET=1024
ALT_CRF_TARGET=1024
ALTMETHOD=0
ALTAUTOCROP=0
PRIORITY_CLASS=1
QUICK_EXTRAS=0
MULTIPROCESS=2
Old 5th April 2020, 10:35   #29364  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

multi-process is a "testing" feature, you need to have that enable_test in there for it to work.
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2020, 12:16   #29365  |  Link
Mike-uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
multi-process is a "testing" feature, you need to have that enable_test in there for it to work.
oh ??? I don't have enable test, and I see 2 x264 prosesses with multiprosess 2 ?? also enable_test isn't listed in the hidden ops txt file ?? and even the multiprocess webpage don't mention enable_test, it just says set multiprocess to 1, 2 or 4

Last edited by Mike-uk; 5th April 2020 at 12:27.
Old 5th April 2020, 13:42   #29366  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Because I don't burn to disc, I save all my encodes on hard disks
So why not make MKV files instead? Then you won't have any bitrate issues.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2020, 13:44   #29367  |  Link
Mike-uk

I guess he wants to preserve menues, which ovs MKV wont do
Old 5th April 2020, 23:08   #29368  |  Link
spotswood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike-uk View Post
AS Emulgator said in your ini you have AUTO_QUALITY=1

also you have a few other options that I don't have

ENABLE_TEST=1
AUTO_BIAS=2
AUTO_TWOPASSONLY=1

so not sure if any of thouse options are messing with it. if you did a fresh install of bdrebuilder then I guess thouse options shouldn't be there ??
Yes, I did a fresh install of everything, but came out with the same result (undersized BD9), so I added my preferred options back in (and came out with the same result again).

AUTO_QUALITY=1: This is not a hidden option that you add to your .ini. BDRB changes this setting when you enable/disable Auto Quality settings. 0=disabled, 1=enabled. I had Auto Quality enabled in this instance.

ENABLE_TEST=1: https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...77#post1526277. This enables the Movie and Menu's mode and blanking feature allowing you to remove things you don't want like special features etc. Works independently from the MULTIPROCESS setting.

AUTO_BIAS=2: This is explained here (thanks for the link jdobbs... ;^)) https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...51#post1449851

AUTO_TWOPASSONLY=1: This should force two-pass encoding which I prefer and should result in better picture quality. Takes a little longer but my 2700x processor doesn't mind... ;^)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
MULTIPROCESS takes advantage of multi-core processors, allowing more than one instance of x264 (up to 4) when using DGDecNV or DirectshowSource which significantly speeds up the encoding process. Works independently of the ENABLE_TEST setting. See http://www.jdobbs.net/freeware/multiprocessing.html.

Quote:
oh ??? I don't have enable test, and I see 2 x264 prosesses with multiprosess 2 ?? also enable_test isn't listed in the hidden ops txt file ?? and even the multiprocess webpage don't mention enable_test, it just says set multiprocess to 1, 2 or 4
Actually, you don't need to add ENABLE_TEST for MULTIPROCESS to work. See above...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
So why not make MKV files instead? Then you won't have any bitrate issues.
What Mike-uk says below... ;^)

Quote:
I guess he wants to preserve menues, which ovs MKV wont do
Exactly!

Thanks for chiming in everyone. If any of my explanations/understandings are incorrect, let me know!

Last edited by spotswood; 8th April 2020 at 02:05. Reason: addl info/clarification...
spotswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2020, 05:32   #29369  |  Link
spotswood

My bad! Sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
@spotswood

I've been looking at your log in this post. It looks like the reason your bitrate is dropping on "Rocky" is because you'd set a target size that is greater than 8500. When BD-RB sees that, it assumes you are writing to something larger than a DVD-R. So, it removes the restrictions. One of the restrictions is that large audio streams are reencoded to AC3. You'll notice that in the first log you see this:
Code:
 - [22:18:17] Processing audio tracks
   - Track 4352 (eng): Reencoding audio to AC3...
for your first encode, while you see this:
Code:
 - [19:50:51] Processing audio tracks
   - Track 4352 (eng): Keeping original audio
in your second log. The bitrate is dropping because you have your audio settings set to not reencode to AC3. When outputting to DVD-R, the audio is always reencoded because of output disc size. Setting the target above 8500 tells BD-RB you aren't using DVD-R.
OK, I've figured it out. It wasn't the audio setting set to not reencode to AC3 that was mucking things up, it was the setting to Keep HD audio for BD25 intact. I normally keep this enabled since it's overridden when encoding to BD5/9, and I don't have to remember to enable it when encoding to BD25. My problem came about when adjusting a custom target size over 8500 MB to compensate for the undersizing I was experiencing (and not understanding what happens over that). I got it now...

As you explain, at 8501 MB the BD5/9 restrictions are lifted and BDRB assumes I am writing to BD25 and keeps the DTS-MA track (or TrueHD/Atmos), rather than reencoding to AC3 like I'm used to, resulting in the very low video bitrates. So my bad everyone. Sorry for taking you on a wild goose chase. I now return you to your regular scheduled "programming".

Stay safe and healthy...

Last edited by spotswood; 6th April 2020 at 20:33. Reason: addl info...
Old 8th April 2020, 00:17   #29370  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
OK, I've figured it out. It wasn't the audio setting set to not reencode to AC3 that was mucking things up, it was the setting to Keep HD audio for BD25 intact. I normally keep this enabled since it's overridden when encoding to BD5/9, and I don't have to remember to enable it when encoding to BD25. My problem came about when adjusting a custom target size over 8500 MB to compensate for the undersizing I was experiencing (and not understanding what happens over that). I got it now...

As you explain, at 8501 MB the BD5/9 restrictions are lifted and BDRB assumes I am writing to BD25 and keeps the DTS-MA track (or TrueHD/Atmos), rather than reencoding to AC3 like I'm used to, resulting in the very low video bitrates. So my bad everyone. Sorry for taking you on a wild goose chase. I now return you to your regular scheduled "programming".

Stay safe and healthy...
Yeah. The way BD-RB works with audio isn't as obvious as I wish it could be. This post goes into depth as to how BD-RB works with the different settings when outputting to DVD-R and BD-R.
Old 8th April 2020, 02:17   #29371  |  Link
spotswood

Quote:
Yeah. The way BD-RB works with audio isn't as obvious as I wish it could be. This post goes into depth as to how BD-RB works with the different settings when outputting to DVD-R and BD-R.
Thanks for the link. I understand AUTO_BIAS better now too. I've always used High Quality as my default, at the expense of a little more time. I normally start a job (sometimes two) right before I go to bed anyway, setting shutdown after rebuild, and it's all done in the morning. Thanks again!

Last edited by spotswood; 8th April 2020 at 22:13.
Old 10th April 2020, 00:55   #29372  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Hellraiser: Judgement

Hello,

I noticed what seems like a bug. Select the BD, then export to MKV all lossless. I've repeated this several times and the same result happens. The video is altered or...something is altered in the process. When MKV is made from ripped BD..it looks great, and smooth. After importing the MKV and that is successful I checked IMPORT directory and the resulting BD. That's where the glitch that isn't in the original shows.

There is a video glitch that is not present all the way through the movie. It's like frame are corrupted. JD, I could send you a PM with a link to 2 5MB files so you may check the differences. Audio and subs looks good.

Any thoughts? Suggestions? Shall I send you the link?

Code:
----------------------
[04/09/20] BD Rebuilder v0.61.05
[15:55:49] Source:  HELLRAISER_JUDGMENT_00000
  - Input BD size: 16.38 GB
  - Approximate total content: [01:21:09.906]
  - Windows Version: 6.1 [7601]
  - MOVIE-ONLY/ALTERNATE OUTPUT mode enabled
  - Mode: MKV, Intact Video, Intact Audio
  - Quality: Good (Fastest, BD-25+)
  - Decoding/Frame serving: X264/LAVF
  - Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=1 HD=0 Kbs=640
[15:55:50] PHASE ONE, Encoding
 - [15:55:50] Processing: VID_00031 (1 of 1)
 - [15:55:50] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00031]
 - [16:02:11] Reencoding video [VID_00031]
 - [16:02:11] Keeping original video (no reencode)
 - [16:02:11] Processing audio tracks
   - Track 4352 (eng): Keeping original audio
[16:02:11]PHASE ONE complete
[16:02:11]PHASE TWO - Rebuild Started
 - [16:02:11] Building ALTERNATE OUTPUT Structure
[16:10:38] - Encode and Rebuild complete
[16:10:38] JOB: HELLRAISER_JUDGMENT finished.
----------------------
[16:17:59] Importing MKV: HELLRAISER_JUDGMENT
  - Collecting audio/video streams from source...
  - Building pseudo-BD source structure...
[16:29:01] Video import completed successfully.
Old 11th April 2020, 11:50   #29373  |  Link
Mike-uk

have you tried with another source file ?? have you tried the failing file with a different frame server ?
Old 11th April 2020, 20:36   #29374  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Yup, X264's internal LAVF and DGDecNV. Both have same results. I have used other BDs, and noticed it. I was making MKV USB HD and then decided to rerender it smaller so I was prepping for DVD-9 to use less space when I checked it. I've not "gone that route" before so I was surprised to see that. My Windows 7 Pro is also also a pretty fresh install.. I installed AviSynth 2.60 but I doubt that's it.

Update: I'll remove it and used 2.58.. That didn't help. Heh.
Old 12th April 2020, 01:59   #29375  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
Hello,

I noticed what seems like a bug. Select the BD, then export to MKV all lossless. I've repeated this several times and the same result happens. The video is altered or...something is altered in the process. When MKV is made from ripped BD..it looks great, and smooth. After importing the MKV and that is successful I checked IMPORT directory and the resulting BD. That's where the glitch that isn't in the original shows.

There is a video glitch that is not present all the way through the movie. It's like frame are corrupted. JD, I could send you a PM with a link to 2 5MB files so you may check the differences. Audio and subs looks good.

Any thoughts? Suggestions? Shall I send you the link?
I can't imagine how that could even happen. The problem is presented in the imported BD folder after importing an MKV that BD-RB created? Please send me the link -- and also post the contents of your INI so I can see if there is anything that might help identify the cause.

Last edited by jdobbs; 12th April 2020 at 02:02.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2020, 02:56   #29376  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
I can't imagine how that could even happen. The problem is presented in the imported BD folder after importing an MKV that BD-RB created? Please send me the link -- and also post the contents of your INI so I can see if there is anything that might help identify the cause.
I'mmmmm as surprised as you! Okay, was holding on to link until you agreed.

BD to MKV. Nope.
MKV to Import - Yes.

Code:
[Options]
VERSION=0.61.0.5
ENCODER=0
MODE=3
ENCODE_QUALITY=5
ENABLE_TEST=1
FORCE_ENCODE=1
MULTIPROCESS=0
IVTC_SELECTION=1
ONEPASS_ENCODING=2
AUTO_QUALITY=0
ENABLE_BLANKING=0
QUICK_EXTRAS=0
TARGET_SIZE=8032
AUDIO_TO_KEEP=eng;
SUBS_TO_KEEP=all
SD_CONVERT=0
OPEN_GOP=0
RESIZE_1080=0
RESIZE_1440=0
RESIZE_720=0
DEINTERLACE=0
SD_TO_1080=0
IGNORE_3D=0
CONVERT_WIDE=0
DTS_REENCODE=1
AC3_REENCODE=0
AC3_640=1
AC3_192=0
KEEP_HD_AUDIO=0
AUDIO_DRC=0
DECODER=2
AVCHD=1
REMOVE_WORKFILES=0
REMOVE_OUTPUT=0
USE_FILTERS=0
BDMV_CERT_ONLY=0
IVTC_PULLDOWN=1
ASSUME_DVD_PAL=0
FRIMSOURCE=0
COMPLETION_BEEP=0
OUTPUT_SBS=0
NEROAAC=0
SUPTITLE=0
PGSTOSRT=0
AUDIO_TRACK_LIMIT=1
SUBTITLE_TRACK_LIMIT=1
CUSTOM_TARGET_SIZE=23500
MOVIEONLY_TYPE=28
ALTCRF=23
ALT_TARGET=1024
ALT_CRF_TARGET=1024
ALTMETHOD=0
ALTAUTOCROP=0
[Paths]
WORKING_PATH=O:\OUTPUT\
SOURCE_PATH=O:\OUTPUT\IMPORTS\HELLRAISER_JUDGMENT\
DGIndexNV=C:\Users\User\Desktop\BD_Rebuilder\nVidia\2053\DGIndexNV.exe
DGDecNV=C:\Users\User\Desktop\BD_Rebuilder\nVidia\2053\DGDecodeNV.dll

Last edited by AmigaFuture; 12th April 2020 at 03:01. Reason: Dyslexia correction.
AmigaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2020, 15:24   #29377  |  Link
musiclover

Track does not show-up in the stream window
I want to replace the audio track in 00006.m2ts from the bluray 'Script For A Jesters Tear'. But the problem is that BD_RB does not show this track in the stream window. Further problem is that this track has no stand alone playlist. It shares a playlist with 00004.m2ts, 00005.m2ts and 00007.m2ts. Only 00004.m2ts shows up in BD_RB's stream window. I tried composing the track with tsMuxer and replacing it in the STREAM directory but that did not work. How do I get 00006.m2ts to show-up in the stream window so BD_RB can work on it and I can replace the audio track?

I have 'BLANK_THRESHOLD=0' set in the .ini file but 00006.m2ts, 00005.m2ts and 00007.m2ts do not show. The files are 312, 343 and 395 Mb in size.

What do I overlook? How can I get it to work?
musiclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2020, 20:52   #29378  |  Link
CraigWally

try the following

MIN_M2TS_SIZE=0
MIN_PLAYLIST_MINS=0
CraigWally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2020, 09:37   #29379  |  Link
musiclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigWally View Post
try the following

MIN_M2TS_SIZE=0
MIN_PLAYLIST_MINS=0
Thanks CraigWally for your reaction.
But that did not work either.
musiclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2020, 14:49   #29380  |  Link
Mike-uk

demux 0006.m2ts with tsmuxer, demux the file with the track you want, then remux vid from 0006 and the audio from the file you want the audio back to m2ts ??