Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10th October 2009, 01:25   #5521  |  Link
Wolffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolffe View Post
Instead I just used TsMuxer to open the 0081 playlist and unselected the unnecessary video, audio, and subtitles. This generated a Blu Ray folder structure that seemed to play fine with TotalMedia Theatre and it included the subtitles.

I'm now feeding this into BD Rebuilder as I write this to see what comes out the other end. I realise that use of a modified source is unsupported though.
Just in case anyone is interested, this seemed to work just fine. The final movie-only Blu-Ray produced by BD-Rebuilder played fine under TotalMedia Theatre. I jumped through various chapters and the audio seemed to be in-sync throughout.

The only odd thing was that the progress bar in TotalMedia Theatre wouldn't work properly. The movie actually ends at about the 1/6 mark as if TotalMedia thinks the movie is about 6 times longer. Clicking the end of the progress bar makes Total Media jump to about 9:45:00. Odd... but I can live with that.
Wolffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2009, 14:32   #5522  |  Link
turbojet

x264 --fps changes framerate from avs input since r1271. This is OK for the most part except when converting 30 to 60 fps. x264 --fps 30000/1001 is used which outputs a choppy 30 fps stream.

There's many solutions to the problem but since DirectShowSource is the culprit I'd use AssumeFPS immediately after DSS and not use x264 --fps.
turbojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2009, 16:44   #5523  |  Link
DrKajun

Had pretty good luck with BDRB thus far, but finally ran into an issue. I think this would be my frist one with HD audio and the file plays fine on the PC but when I put it to a BD and play it on the set-top the audio is slightly out of sync. What am I doing wrong?

Would FFDshow have anything to do with this? cuz I was running a newer verison untill I saw a previous post and have sencie down graded.
DrKajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2009, 17:23   #5524  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Shikari View Post
Sounds like the decoder in the Blu-ray player might have a broken decoder; an extremely common mistake is to forget to realize that CAVLC+8x8dct uses different nnz values for deblocking as it uses for context. This can cause serious artifacting in some cases, and if hardly anyone ever used CAVLC on the device, probably nobody would notice until now.
The interesting thing is that it does it both on my PC (with MPC) and on my standalone but CABAC fixed it. Even more interesting is that I didn't see it on any other fade-ins or dark scenes (the bitrate is pretty high because this was a BD-25 encode) -- only the intro to LOST. Maybe because of the contrast of the large moving white letters (the LOST text) on a black background? Don't know.

Last edited by jdobbs; 10th October 2009 at 17:26.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2009, 18:37   #5525  |  Link
jdobbs

BD-Rebuilder Version 0.30.03 (beta)

I've just updated the first post of this thread with a link to an update to BD-RB (v0.30.03). Changes for this release are:
Code:
- Changed default for "High Speed (BD-25)" setting
  so that it now uses CABAC. This corrects the 
  blockiness experienced in fade-ins and low light 
  scenes.
- Modified settings so the VC-1 video is never set to
  be blanked.  Removed associated code.
- Added FFMS2.DLL to package.  It is automatically
  used for decoding when a failure is detected after
  on attempt to encode.  This should bypass certain
  errors when DirectShow filters are misconfigured, or
  when the Windows 7 registry fix wasn't completed.
- Added a hidden setting "USE_FFMS2=1".  When enabled
  this setting uses FFMS2.DLL as the primary method
  of frame serving.  Note:  As of this release FFMS2 
  does not decode field based VC-1 sources (those marked
  with a "**" in the stream list). But I'm hoping a
  solution will be found for this soon.
- Removed "--fps" from the X264 command line.  The
  AVS now sets thet bitrate.
- Added a new hidden option "QUICK_USE_QUALITY=1" in
  which, when set, BD-RB will use the currently chosen
  quality level in quick extra encodes rather than the
  default of "--ultrafast" mode.
- Fixed an error in which the source aspect ratio for 
  video resized from SD to HD was not being set 
  properly. 
- Other minor corrections and cosmetic fixes.
Old 10th October 2009, 18:54   #5526  |  Link
DrKajun

do you think .03 will resolve my sync issue?
DrKajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2009, 18:54   #5527  |  Link
elrond81

CHUDM
Now it's working perfectly!
elrond81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2009, 19:38   #5528  |  Link
chudm

Quote:
Originally Posted by elrond81 View Post
CHUDM
Now it's working perfectly!
not a problem man
chudm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2009, 23:15   #5529  |  Link
lican

a ringrazziamento to Mr. jobby x its job already I use dvd reb with great esteem .da some day use bd reb, if someone puo to help made me baikap of twilight audio dts but on my play does not feel audio .qualcuno me puo to help use then as it arranges op xp, or pure seven 64 bit would appeal to that it also worked them thanks I am up your news and thanks to the Mr. jobby when I want to leave language dts I put dulls just and on rows configurazzione ce dts =0 and just thus thanks
lican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2009, 00:40   #5530  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by lican View Post
a ringrazziamento to Mr. jobby x its job already I use dvd reb with great esteem .da some day use bd reb, if someone puo to help made me baikap of twilight audio dts but on my play does not feel audio .qualcuno me puo to help use then as it arranges op xp, or pure seven 64 bit would appeal to that it also worked them thanks I am up your news and thanks to the Mr. jobby when I want to leave language dts I put dulls just and on rows configurazzione ce dts =0 and just thus thanks
Very funny. Did you use Babelfish?

Mr. Jobby, I think he/she likes the program!

Last edited by Groucho2004; 11th October 2009 at 00:43.
Groucho2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2009, 00:57   #5531  |  Link
lican

si , mi dispiace non consco l inglese si fa quel che si puo scusate.
Old 11th October 2009, 01:01   #5532  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by lican View Post
si , mi dispiace non consco l inglese si fa quel che si puo scusate.
No need to apologize. You might want to try a different translation engine, the one you used is horrible.
Groucho2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2009, 01:14   #5533  |  Link
lican

aiutare fatto mi |baikap| dei |dts| di audio di crepuscolo ma sul mio dramma non senta l'audio .qualcuno mi |puo| aiutare ad usare poi come esso accomoda |xp| di operazione, o il sette 64 pezzo puro farebbe appello a che li ha lavorato anche ringrazi sono sulle sue notizie e grazie a |jobby| il Sig. quando voglio lasciare i |dts| di lingua che io metto smussi giusto e su spingono i |dts| di |ce| di |configurazzione| =0 ed appena cosė ringrazi
Old 11th October 2009, 01:14   #5534  |  Link
lican

cosi va bene me sa di no
Old 11th October 2009, 03:09   #5535  |  Link
jdobbs

@lican -- Rule 13. Also --- please remember this thread is for bug reports only.
Old 11th October 2009, 09:26   #5536  |  Link
turbojet

Thanks a lot for the new version. 59.94 and crf extras are much more efficient. However a few things I've noticed that have changed.

- REBUILDER.INI is included in the zip again, which wipes out all settings, is that needed?
- x264 --me umh --psy-rd 1.0:0.2 don't exist any longer in the high settings, could they be used again for higher quality?
Old 11th October 2009, 11:28   #5537  |  Link
Sharc

BD-RB v0.30.03, 1-pass CRF mode.
I tried QUICK_USE_EXTRAS=1. It doesn't seem to have an effect. The Extras are still encoded 'ultrafast' -- as indicated by the lastcmd.txt and by analyzing the encoded file with MediaInfo.
I selected "High Quality" (default), which uses --preset medium IIRC, and enabled "Quicker" Encode for Extras. I would expect that QUICK_USE_EXTRAS=1 should now have taken the "High Quality" (i.e. --preset medium) switches.
Did I miss something?

Secondly, is it ok to use a preceding # to disable certain options in the config file for testing?
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2009, 12:04   #5538  |  Link
turbojet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
BD-RB v0.30.03, 1-pass CRF mode.
I tried QUICK_USE_EXTRAS=1. It doesn't seem to have an effect. The Extras are still encoded 'ultrafast' -- as indicated by the lastcmd.txt and by analyzing the encoded file with MediaInfo.
I selected "High Quality" (default), which uses --preset medium IIRC, and enabled "Quicker" Encode for Extras. I would expect that QUICK_USE_EXTRAS=1 should now have taken the "High Quality" (i.e. --preset medium) switches.
Did I miss something?
QUICK_USE_QUALITY=1 is working for me

Quote:
Secondly, is it ok to use a preceding # to disable certain options in the config file for testing?
I've never had a problem using it.
Old 11th October 2009, 12:28   #5539  |  Link
PurpleMan

@jdobbs:

I think I may have found a new bug with the way BD-Rebuilder handles MPLS files for pip discs.

I did Resident Evil: Extinction and left out the PiP in the full disc (BD25) backup. The result disc would play perfectly in powerdvd7 and tmt3, but would not play in PowerDVD9 (when you click 'play movie', it would show the FBI warnings then get back to the main menu, refusing to even start playing the main m2ts).

I figured this must be a PowerDVD9 bug with the disc, so I tried playing the original one. To my surprise, it played perfectly. So I started to dig - what could possibly make PowerDVD9 not play the bd-rb output? I replaced bd-rb's main-movie MPLS with the original disc MPLS (knowing it will screw up alot of stuff), just wanted to see if powerdvd will then at least start playing, and - IT DID! So I concluded that there's something in the BD-RB outputted MPLS that it did not like.

The original disc MPLS had the IN_TIME set to 00:00:11,650, and I know that BD-RB changes it in the rebuild to correspond with TSMuxer (IN_TIME = 00:10:00,000). Nothing wrong with that, and the chapters have been adjusted accordingly.

Further digging in BDEdit revealed something that is probably wrong. The sub-path chatper-points (used for the pip, I think) only had the IN_TIME adjusted to the new main m2ts IN_TIME (10mins). meaning, for each of the chapters the IN_TIME increased in ~10mins, which is good, but the OUT_TIME was not (and it should have been!). So the OUT_TIME for each of the chapters was BEFORE the IN_TIME (not good!)

I attached two screenshots of BDEdit illustrating this. One of the original disc, and one of the BD-RB output disc. You can see what I'm talking about there.

P.S.
This disc was done with 0.29.03, so if you addressed the bug since then, I apologize.
Attached Images

PurpleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2009, 13:16   #5540  |  Link
turbojet

PurpleMan: Would fixmpls help you debug it further?