Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

 

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD Rebuilder

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 9th May 2013, 00:39   #17101  |  Link
Ch3vr0n
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,271
Well aslong as the menu's work correctly "eg: watch film in RealD > triggers SBS copy". For movies like the most recent resident evil it may be a little tricky. There's 3 versions on it. 2D, anaglyph & RealD. The 1st 2 can easily be shrinked. Afaik the anaglyph one from what i can see on my iso probably uses some kind of "anaglyph overlay" on the 2D stream as there is no seperate anaglyph stream. It's the RealD (2nd eye stream) that as you know prevents shrinking.
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 00:50   #17102  |  Link
jdobbs
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 20,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
Well aslong as the menu's work correctly "eg: watch film in RealD > triggers SBS copy". For movies like the most recent resident evil it may be a little tricky. There's 3 versions on it. 2D, anaglyph & RealD. The 1st 2 can easily be shrinked. Afaik the anaglyph one from what i can see on my iso probably uses some kind of "anaglyph overlay" on the 2D stream as there is no seperate anaglyph stream. It's the RealD (2nd eye stream) that as you know prevents shrinking.
An anaglyph feature would not be flagged as 3D, it would be contained in an M2TS just like 2D. Only MVC 3D has special settings (e.g. the packet indexes into the SSIF are different from the M2TS and has to be specified independently).
__________________
Help with development of new apps: Donations.
Website: www.jdobbs.net
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 03:15   #17103  |  Link
Ch3vr0n
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,271
The disc i was talking about was Resident evil: afterlife. After reading your post i went back to double check. you're right. I must have missed anaglyph stream initially. There's the 2D stream (14GB on the dot) and a 2nd anaglyph stream (15.7GB) in the stream root folder. If you manage to pull of that 3D half-SBS you'll probably succeed at shrinking my 3D backup rips from a 471GB folder to arround 200 tops ^^

I've been wanting to do this for a while but never had the funds available till now. I've been using this wonderful piece of software ever since i found it 2+ years ago. I've been able to make backups ever since. You've also implemented quite some feature requests i've asked for and have gotten. Check your account. Just made a $30 donation You've more than earned it and way overdue

** edit ** in the (auto?) response i got there is a claim of name being added to the contributors list? Can't find it on the site though ^^

Last edited by Ch3vr0n; 9th May 2013 at 03:49.
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 04:30   #17104  |  Link
sojourner353
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
If I did this it would have to be to ALTERNATE MKV or MP4 only -- as the size would not be compliant with AVCHD or Blu-ray.
Thanks for the info jdobbs and nice to hear it can be done and is it something you might consider? I am looking for other program's that can do this at the moment, the reason for seeking this is it would be the closest one could get to a 3D Remux, have done a few 3D's now with new BDRB and it works great but can defiantly see a loss in quality on my projected image, cheers.
sojourner353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 12:41   #17105  |  Link
colinhunt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 998
BD-RB v0.44.04
Disc: Django Unchained (US)
Job: Tried to create a 1080p MKV with intact audio of 00002.m2ts
Error log:
[14:30:55] Importing M2TS: 00002
- Preparing M2TS for processing...
- Collecting audio/video streams from source...
- Warning: Framerate [23,976fps] not BD compliant.
- Building pseudo-BD source structure...
[14:33:14] Video import completed successfully.
----------------------
[05.09.13] BD Rebuilder v0.44.04 (beta)
[14:35:06] Source: 00002_00000
- Input BD size: 2,02 GB
- Approximate total content: [00:14:22.043]
- Windows Version: 6.1 [7601]
- MOVIE-ONLY/ALTERNATE OUTPUT mode enabled
- Mode: MKV Container, 1920x1080, Intact Audio
- X264 Tweak(s) enabled
- Decoding/Frame serving: X264/LAVF
- Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=0 HD=1 Kbs=640
[14:35:06] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [14:35:06] Processing: VID_00000 (1 of 1)
- [14:35:06] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00000]
- [14:35:45] Reencoding video [VID_00000]
- Error: Video framerate is illegal/unknown.
[14:35:45] - Failed video encode, aborted
colinhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 12:54   #17106  |  Link
Sharc
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,435
^^
Quote:
- Warning: Framerate [23,976fps] not BD compliant.
A problem of , versus . ?
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 13:13   #17107  |  Link
colinhunt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
^^

A problem of , versus . ?
Change notes from 44.02:

Quote:
- Corrected an error in the importing function
in which framerates can be incorrectly read
on systems the use "," as a decimal point.
Didn't take, it seems
colinhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 13:19   #17108  |  Link
jdobbs
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 20,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
The disc i was talking about was Resident evil: afterlife. After reading your post i went back to double check. you're right. I must have missed anaglyph stream initially. There's the 2D stream (14GB on the dot) and a 2nd anaglyph stream (15.7GB) in the stream root folder. If you manage to pull of that 3D half-SBS you'll probably succeed at shrinking my 3D backup rips from a 471GB folder to arround 200 tops ^^

I've been wanting to do this for a while but never had the funds available till now. I've been using this wonderful piece of software ever since i found it 2+ years ago. I've been able to make backups ever since. You've also implemented quite some feature requests i've asked for and have gotten. Check your account. Just made a $30 donation You've more than earned it and way overdue

** edit ** in the (auto?) response i got there is a claim of name being added to the contributors list? Can't find it on the site though ^^
Actually it is your e-mail address that is added. The list isn't available to the public. In the event I ever decide to create a "Pro" version anyone on that list gets it for free. However, my current plan is to keep it freeware based on voluntary donations.
__________________
Help with development of new apps: Donations.
Website: www.jdobbs.net
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 13:20   #17109  |  Link
jdobbs
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 20,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by sojourner353 View Post
Thanks for the info jdobbs and nice to hear it can be done and is it something you might consider? I am looking for other program's that can do this at the moment, the reason for seeking this is it would be the closest one could get to a 3D Remux, have done a few 3D's now with new BDRB and it works great but can defiantly see a loss in quality on my projected image, cheers.
If you see a loss of quality -- you're doing something wrong.
__________________
Help with development of new apps: Donations.
Website: www.jdobbs.net
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 13:22   #17110  |  Link
jdobbs
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 20,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinhunt View Post
BD-RB v0.44.04
Disc: Django Unchained (US)
Job: Tried to create a 1080p MKV with intact audio of 00002.m2ts
Error log:
[14:30:55] Importing M2TS: 00002
- Preparing M2TS for processing...
- Collecting audio/video streams from source...
- Warning: Framerate [23,976fps] not BD compliant.
- Building pseudo-BD source structure...
[14:33:14] Video import completed successfully.
----------------------
[05.09.13] BD Rebuilder v0.44.04 (beta)
[14:35:06] Source: 00002_00000
- Input BD size: 2,02 GB
- Approximate total content: [00:14:22.043]
- Windows Version: 6.1 [7601]
- MOVIE-ONLY/ALTERNATE OUTPUT mode enabled
- Mode: MKV Container, 1920x1080, Intact Audio
- X264 Tweak(s) enabled
- Decoding/Frame serving: X264/LAVF
- Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=0 HD=1 Kbs=640
[14:35:06] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [14:35:06] Processing: VID_00000 (1 of 1)
- [14:35:06] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00000]
- [14:35:45] Reencoding video [VID_00000]
- Error: Video framerate is illegal/unknown.
[14:35:45] - Failed video encode, aborted
That's caused by the "," as a decimal point. I thought I'd fixed that, but I'll check again.
__________________
Help with development of new apps: Donations.
Website: www.jdobbs.net

Last edited by jdobbs; 9th May 2013 at 13:29.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 14:50   #17111  |  Link
colinhunt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
If you see a loss of quality -- you're doing something wrong.
Well you do lose half of the resolution when going from BD3D to side-by-side 3D... but maybe he meant something else.
colinhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 15:38   #17112  |  Link
sojourner353
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinhunt View Post
Well you do lose half of the resolution when going from BD3D to side-by-side 3D... but maybe he meant something else.
Yes that is what I meant, I can defiantly notice a quality difference on a 130" screen when watching Half SBS hence why I want to go Full SBS, thanks.
sojourner353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 16:37   #17113  |  Link
Mark_Venture
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 180
Total Recall 2012 audio out of sync

(as mentioned here -> http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?p=1627263&postcount=2 )

When the movie starts, the audio is in sync. By the end, it is noticeably off.

The attached text file has the BD-Rebuilder LOG, INF, and INI files.

I ripped the bluray to hard drive (folders, not ISO), with AnyDVD HD like I have with all others to date.

This is the only bluray I've noticed audio sync issues with.

I tried again after I updated to 0.44.04, but it failed to complete the rebuild, and I rolled back to 0.43.06. The attached text file also contains the log of the failed rebuild from when I tried after upgrading to 44.04..
Attached Files
File Type: txt TotalRecall.txt (52.2 KB, 6 views)
Mark_Venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 16:38   #17114  |  Link
jdobbs
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 20,252
Thanks. I'll take a look at it today.

I did Total Recall a while back and don't remember any issues... but I'll do it again with your settings.
__________________
Help with development of new apps: Donations.
Website: www.jdobbs.net
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 16:49   #17115  |  Link
jdobbs
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 20,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinhunt View Post
Well you do lose half of the resolution when going from BD3D to side-by-side 3D... but maybe he meant something else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sojourner353 View Post
Yes that is what I meant, I can defiantly notice a quality difference on a 130" screen when watching Half SBS hence why I want to go Full SBS, thanks.
I see. Of course you'll lose horizontal resolution at half SBS -- there's really not anything you can do about that. I thought he meant the extra compression for BD-5/9/25 was showing degradation. While a full backup to DVD-5 is probably a little much on some discs -- none of the others should show a noticeable quality drop.

No need to be defiant, though.

I've added full SBS to the next release. It is turned on with a hidden setting, and only works with MKV or MP4 ALTERNATE output selections that aren't inherently being resized.
__________________
Help with development of new apps: Donations.
Website: www.jdobbs.net

Last edited by jdobbs; 9th May 2013 at 16:52.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 17:15   #17116  |  Link
Sharc
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I see. Of course you'll lose horizontal resolution at half SBS -- there's really not anything you can do about that. I thought he meant the extra compression for BD-5/9/25 was showing degradation. While a full backup to DVD-5 is probably a little much on some discs -- none of the others should show a noticeable quality drop.

No need to be defiant, though.

I've added full SBS to the next release. It is turned on with a hidden setting, and only works with MKV or MP4 ALTERNATE output selections that aren't inherently being resized.
Wouldn't L/R interleaved instead of SBS keep the resolution intact? Don't know if this is standard compliant and compatible 3-D TVs.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 17:24   #17117  |  Link
jdobbs
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 20,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
Wouldn't L/R interleaved instead of SBS keep the resolution intact? Don't know if this is standard compliant and compatible 3-D TVs.
Most TVs only support SBS and Over/Under (Top/Bottom).

At the HDMI level they all support full O/U with 45 lines of blank between them. Some support interleaved and SBS -- but getting that sent to the HDMI input from a non-specialized player is almost impossible. So even if you create the file -- what good is it if you can't play it back?

I also think there would be a significant loss of efficiency in encoding interleaved. It could be that X264 has a way to compensate for it, but if it does I don't know about it.
__________________
Help with development of new apps: Donations.
Website: www.jdobbs.net

Last edited by jdobbs; 9th May 2013 at 17:29.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 18:22   #17118  |  Link
colinhunt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 998
As far as I know, very few displays are compliant with full SBS. The frame size is simply way too large.
colinhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 18:46   #17119  |  Link
Sharc
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,435
That's why I thought interleaving could be a possibility. By this I meant L/R arranged in alternating full frames, means doubling the frame rate. But as jdobbs explained this seems to be beyond a standard. I noticed that "double framerates" for blu-ray are only specified for the reduced resolution of 1280x720@50fps or 59.94fps. So no luck ......
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 19:14   #17120  |  Link
jdobbs
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 20,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
That's why I thought interleaving could be a possibility. By this I meant L/R arranged in alternating full frames, means doubling the frame rate. But as jdobbs explained this seems to be beyond a standard. I noticed that "double framerates" for blu-ray are only specified for the reduced resolution of 1280x720@50fps or 59.94fps. So no luck ......
From the WIKI:
Quote:
HDMI 1.4a requires that 3D displays support the frame packing 3D format at either 720p50 and 1080p24 or 720p60 and 1080p24, side-by-side horizontal at either 1080i50 or 1080i60, and top-and-bottom at either 720p50 and 1080p24 or 720p60 and 1080p24.
__________________
Help with development of new apps: Donations.
Website: www.jdobbs.net

Last edited by jdobbs; 9th May 2013 at 19:20.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 14:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.