Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 30th August 2018, 04:10   #27681  |  Link
sieve

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
Run the M2TS file through the MediaInfo program that comes with BDRB, in CLI mode, to see if it reports a delay of the audio. I've had issues with it reporting an audio delay with some MKV files.
This must be operator error, but how do I run it?

I tried running the program directly from the directory, both as admin and not. It brought up a black window, then almost instantly disappeared.

I tried opening the main M2TS file via "open with" mediainfo, and the black window opened, I could see it accumulating many lines of text, but that closed quickly also.
sieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2018, 20:53   #27682  |  Link
MrVideo

Open a Command Prompt window and enter the commands there. I suggest "cd"ing to the location of the M2TS file and then entering the long path to the mediainfo program.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2018, 21:00   #27683  |  Link
sieve

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
Open a Command Prompt window and enter the commands there. I suggest "cd"ing to the location of the M2TS file and then entering the long path to the mediainfo program.
OK, Thanks! Since I've never run the program, I naively assumed it would be a GUI. I wasn't even thinking that CLI would mean command line interface.
Old 5th September 2018, 19:41   #27684  |  Link
sieve

I didn't get around to learning the codes for or running MediaInfo, although I think I might do that sometime.

Anyway, the problem seems to be solved now.

Strangely, it took two tries of uninstalling/reinstalling BDR and all related programs to get things back to normal. I don't know why the first time didn't work but the second did, even though it was the same procedure steps and downloaded items.

Thanks for the assistance!
Old 6th September 2018, 20:15   #27685  |  Link
ChuckUFarley

Has anyone found issues with the Quick-Play menus in the most recent build?
I used BD-RB for the first time in a long time last week, and the final disc was unplayable. All the files were right and the new menu appeared to be present, but the disc would start to spin up then freeze my player.

I know that's vague, and I'm going to do more testing, probably rolling back a version, but I was curious if this was something anyone else had come across.
Edit: A clean install of v.0.50.25 seems to have fixed the problem. I'll still have to do a test burn, but things look better.

Now I have another question. In the past I was told if I wanted to build a BD with the movie untouched, but the bonus features compressed to fill whatever extra space was left, use: FORCE_NOENCODE=1 with "Quicker Encode for Extras". That doesn't seems to work. NoEncode seems to override the Quicker Encode.
How should those settings correctly work together?

Last edited by ChuckUFarley; 6th September 2018 at 21:47.
ChuckUFarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2018, 04:45   #27686  |  Link
MrVideo

Are you trying to take a BD50 disc and transfer the contents to a BD25 disc and do so without recoding the main feature? The odds are pretty slim that the main feature will even fit a BD25 disc. Even if the main feature did fit, there sure wouldn't be much room left for the special features. I'd hate to see the horrible bitrate required to get anything to fit.
Old 7th September 2018, 05:02   #27687  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckUFarley View Post
Has anyone found issues with the Quick-Play menus in the most recent build?
I used BD-RB for the first time in a long time last week, and the final disc was unplayable. All the files were right and the new menu appeared to be present, but the disc would start to spin up then freeze my player.

I know that's vague, and I'm going to do more testing, probably rolling back a version, but I was curious if this was something anyone else had come across.
Edit: A clean install of v.0.50.25 seems to have fixed the problem. I'll still have to do a test burn, but things look better.

Now I have another question. In the past I was told if I wanted to build a BD with the movie untouched, but the bonus features compressed to fill whatever extra space was left, use: FORCE_NOENCODE=1 with "Quicker Encode for Extras". That doesn't seems to work. NoEncode seems to override the Quicker Encode.
How should those settings correctly work together?
Well, it kinda depends on what exactly you are trying to do. For example, what Mr. Video mentions above could be one thing that you could do. Personally, what I do IF the main feature WILL fit easily on a BD25 (which sounds like what you mean, but I'm not totally sure...) I, myself, just put the movie only on a BD25, and if I really want the extras, media is SO affordable these days, I would simply just do another 'encode' with just the menus and Xtras and put it on another disc. That way you have no re-encoding, no wait time, and it's about 50 cents a disc (20 if you can fit the Xtras on a DVD [BD5] )

However, if you instead wish to put the movie and the Xtras on one disc AND, if I understand you correctly, the movie will fit by itself on a BD25 (with whatever audio trax you want) I'm not quite sure how you JUST compress the Xtras to fit into the remainder on the disc. x264 is so efficient, that unless you have pretty high powered or huge Xtras, you should be able to figure some bitrate out just to do the Xtras and add them to the movie disc. Unless BDRB somehow 'knows' intuitively that if the movie fits uncompressed and you choose 'Fast encode for Xtras' that it just needs to compress the Xtras only. I'm just not quite sure how it works it, sorry...
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2018, 01:19   #27688  |  Link
ChuckUFarley

There are many movies on BD50 discs that the movie, stripped of unneeded audio tracks, can fit on a BD25 with a few GB to spare. If there aren't many extras, they can usually be compressed to fit in that remaining space.
In the past I would do this crazy thing where I would create 2 new discs. One stripped, but uncompressed and the second stripped with a custom size matching the remaining space, blanking the movie. I then manually copy the movie into the compressed disc's folders including PLAYLISTs and CLIPINFs. It works well, but takes some juggling.

It's also why the other method someone previously suggested (NO_ENCODE/Quicker Encode for Extras) is a great solution... if it actually worked. It might have in a previous version.

Btw, as an update, the burned QUICKPLAY disc from the fresh install still freezes my Sony BD player. I'll try an older version of BD RB next and a different movie, just to see if there is something hinky with Mummy 3. (Although no errors or problems are shown in the log.)

Edit:
1) v0.50.24 - No luck with Mummy 3/quickplay burned disc again.
2) v0.50.25 - Tested a different BD (Indiscreet) with quickplay. Burned disc plays fine.
3) v0.50.25 - Mummy 3 again, unchecked "Attempt to find original background/menu" options. Burned disc freezes in player.

Zuh? I'm ready to write this off as an unsolvable mystery.

Last edited by ChuckUFarley; 8th September 2018 at 22:21.
ChuckUFarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2018, 05:03   #27689  |  Link
Blurayhd

Hi all, I have my Bluray disc that the movie is in 3D and I need to make a backup but in 2D, so I need to know, BD rebuilder can encode the 3D movie to 2d movie? how to do that? Thank you in advance!!!
Blurayhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2018, 07:27   #27690  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurayhd View Post
Hi all, I have my Bluray disc that the movie is in 3D and I need to make a backup but in 2D, so I need to know, BD rebuilder can encode the 3D movie to 2d movie? how to do that? Thank you in advance!!!
I believe there is a setting in the 'Setup' settings where you check the box for 'Process 3D video to 2D backups' I use that one also...
Old 15th September 2018, 12:14   #27691  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

that setting will only convert the 3D movie to 2D. However, what it does NOT fix is the java code on the disc. Most 3D discs's java code still checks for full 3D capable equipment where the disc is inserted (checking for 3D player and 3D capable screen), if that's not found the disc still won't play. Regardless of the fact if the movie has been converted to 2D or not (if your doing 3D BD to 2D BD disc backup)
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2018, 14:42   #27692  |  Link
jdobbs

Correct. The only way to reliably do it is to do a movie-only backup or quick-play backup.
Old 15th September 2018, 19:34   #27693  |  Link
Video Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
I believe there is a setting in the 'Setup' settings where you check the box for 'Process 3D video to 2D backups' I use that one also...
Really useful feature. There are some 3D blu-rays that are Open Matte, while the standard Blu-ray version is the cropped 2.35:1. I don't have a 3D TV, but I do want the extra video real estate of the movie.
Video Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2018, 20:32   #27694  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

any news on a new release JD? been a while 1 more month and it'll be a year since the last release
Old 15th September 2018, 21:52   #27695  |  Link
Blurayhd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Correct. The only way to reliably do it is to do a movie-only backup or quick-play backup.
Thank all of you for helping me, so, if I encode the backup in only movie or quick play so IŽll can do it without problems
Blurayhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2018, 22:30   #27696  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurayhd View Post
Thank all of you for helping me, so, if I encode the backup in only movie or quick play so IŽll can do it without problems
Well... it kinda depends on what ELSE you happen to be doing at the time...

Old 15th September 2018, 23:39   #27697  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
any news on a new release JD? been a while 1 more month and it'll be a year since the last release
Yeah... the failure of reliable UHD backups has held it back. After a while I just threw up my hands and said "I'm tired of this". Frankly I think the problem is in X265, or at least my inability to find a set of X265 settings that work. I can do a no-reencode backup that muxes and plays fine on my Sony... but any time I reencode, there is a problem. If I find a setting that fixes that problem -- an new one results.

I may just release it and say "UHD at your own risk".

Last edited by jdobbs; 15th September 2018 at 23:45.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2018, 02:15   #27698  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
However, what it does NOT fix is the java code on the disc. Most 3D discs's java code still checks for full 3D capable equipment where the disc is inserted (checking for 3D player and 3D capable screen), if that's not found the disc still won't play.
So, put the original into your system and see if it will play, or if you get the warning that you do not have a 3D system.
Old 16th September 2018, 12:31   #27699  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

Why are you quoting me, i'm not the one asking the question. For the record my PC is fully 3D capable (screen, and optical drive or the standalone hooked up to the screen).
Old 16th September 2018, 12:32   #27700  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Yeah... the failure of reliable UHD backups has held it back. After a while I just threw up my hands and said "I'm tired of this". Frankly I think the problem is in X265, or at least my inability to find a set of X265 settings that work. I can do a no-reencode backup that muxes and plays fine on my Sony... but any time I reencode, there is a problem. If I find a setting that fixes that problem -- an new one results.

I may just release it and say "UHD at your own risk".
I'm not in it for the UHD, i'm in it for that switch you'd ask with the SEI data fix or something to potentially fix the 3D artifact glitching in software players for 3D disc backups made by BDRB