Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 ASP

Old 7th February 2009, 02:56   #1  |  Link
nitricpyro

Pineapple Express R1 DivX Issues

Has anyone been able to encode Pineapple Express R1 into a DivX file. (without audio sync issues)

I have tried

Ripping DVD with:

AnyDVD 6.5.0.8 (appeared to rip successfully)
RipIt4Me 1.6.4 (appeared to rip successfully)
DVDFab HD Decrypter 4.1.2.0 and 5.2.3.2 (appeared to rip successfully)

I have tried encoding EACH rip with:

DGIndex 1.5.0 - Gordian Knot - 3 ways
1. Forced Film (first few minutes okay, about 15 minutes into the movie a delay was noticeable and stayed about that delayed the whole movie) (Happens in middle of VOB 2)
2. Ignore Pulldowns (same as above, however audio was MUCH more delayed by end of movie)
3. Honor Pulldowns (HUGE audio delays)

and with MPEG Mediator 1.5 - 2 ways DivX 6.8.3 and DivX MPEG-4 Fast-Motion both once with MP3 audio and once with Uncompressed (PCM) audio. (No matter what audio codec I used/didn't use, the audio was delayed from the very beginning and off by minutes at the end)

I've tried MPEG Mediator 1.5 with the "DivX ;-) Audio" option under audio codec however It stalls the program on video frame 4 and audio frame 4.

Has anyone had success at this? If you have an alternative, or a different combination I'd love to hear it.

Thanks

(I have made DVD Backups of this movie without a problem)

Last edited by nitricpyro; 7th February 2009 at 02:58. Reason: Addition
nitricpyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2009, 05:00   #2  |  Link
setarip_old

With RipIt4Me and DVDFab HD Decrypter, did you perform full DVD or movie-only rips?

I ask because I had no trouble doing a full disc rip of the R1 version with (My longtime favorite) RipIt4Me v.1.6.4 - and then I successfully used MPEGMediator v.1.5 (Another longtime favorite) to convert to DivX-compressed .AVI...
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2009, 05:28   #3  |  Link
nitricpyro

I did movie only for all of them. (If you didn't, then I'm certain that is the problem)

I will definantly do it over with a full disk rip. But I have to admit I still don't know how to "find" the movie in a full disk rip without using DVD Shrink. What did you do/ use to get the movie out of the full disk rip so that you could plug it into MPEG Mediator?
Old 7th February 2009, 07:53   #4  |  Link
setarip_old

Quote:
What did you do/ use to get the movie out of the full disk rip so that you could plug it into MPEG Mediator?
Just open the ripped DVD's hard drive directory and look for a sequence (e.g. VTS_01_1.VOB, VTS_01_2.VOB, VTS_01_3.VOB) of from three to five .VOB files. Typically, each of these .VOBs, except for the last one in the sequence) will be 1 Gigabyte in size.

**IMPORTANT** Do NOT select a .VOB that is numbered "0" (e.g. VTS_01_0), as it's the menu, which will not be functional...
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2009, 23:01   #5  |  Link
nitricpyro

I will do that and see if I can get it to work...

One other question, what is the difference between the movie only and the full dvd that would affect encoding? I.e. Working for the full dvd and not for the movie only versions? What's actually going on behind the scenes ya know?
Old 10th February 2009, 19:24   #6  |  Link
weaver4

I had a movie last year that had the same problem. It was in sync, they all the sudden it went out of sync and stayed out of sync the rest of the movie. I looked at the movie and saw that they had different angles in the movie at that point (purely to fool me). So I used DVD Decrypter to take the rip I already had on my hard drive to a new rip that only included the angle that I wanted. Then it encoded properly.
weaver4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2009, 07:39   #7  |  Link
Ajax_Undone
I dont care so should you

Was wondering if I could get a copy of RipIt4Me v.1.6.4 do you mind uploading it to a public server...
Old 11th February 2009, 11:34   #8  |  Link
burfadel

Download Projectx from here:
http://oozoon.de/main_en.html

Make sure you get the b28 version (or later), and not the original. Projectx requires JAVA to be installed.

In Projectx, load up all the vob files under the file area, then demux to the location of your choice. You can do several DVD's at once, but you need to set them as different collections and to process all collections at once.

This is a great programme for working out sync issues!
burfadel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audio, divx, dvdfab hd, pineapple express, sync