Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 22nd September 2020, 19:59   #18681  |  Link
GZZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripmann View Post
Hey guys, is there a way to set up the encoded file's custom title within the program?

By default, it sets the title to the output file's name, and since I often make notes with my filenames (I use my own, but the idea is: XXX_NO_SUBTITLES, or XXX_TEST_BEFORE_DELETING_SOURCE, etc.), the file's title often looks ugly/undesirable within some media players like MPC-BE. You can easily fix it by remuxing with something like MKVToolNix, but adds extra work to each encode. Is there a quick way to do it within RipBot?
This is not a fix... But you do know that you can use the Header Editor in MkvToolnix and change the title afterwards, then you dont have to remux the file - much faster.
GZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2020, 20:09   #18682  |  Link
Ripmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by GZZ View Post
This is not a fix... But you do know that you can use the Header Editor in MkvToolnix and change the title afterwards, then you dont have to remux the file - much faster.
Thanks, very helpful tip. I used to use it myself but forgot about how easy it was to batch edit stuff with it. Now I went through an entire batch of files and fixed their headers in a few minutes. Hopefully, RipBot will someday have a field to set the title prior to the encode.

Last edited by Ripmann; 22nd September 2020 at 20:37.
Ripmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2020, 03:35   #18683  |  Link
mrlenny

more detail on the stop-restart encoding issue:
I'm encoding HEVC Default very slow 2 pass lock size. It does the stop-restart never encode thing when fast first pass is UNCHECKED in the settings OR if I use QC for sizing, it works.
mrlenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2020, 11:45   #18684  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlenny View Post
I'm encoding HEVC Default very slow 2 pass lock size. It does the stop-restart never encode thing when fast first pass is UNCHECKED in the settings OR if I use QC for sizing, it works.
FYI, those attached screenshots you posted, have not been approved, so no one can view them, you need to use another means to attach / show screenshots, etc.

Maybe a reason why there's been no response.
Old 26th September 2020, 17:12   #18685  |  Link
activoice

I've been running RipBot for years with no major problems, but this morning I opened RipBot and it did an update, and now EncodingServer.exe just hangs.

First when I did the update, launching EncodingServer.exe just opened a Command Line window, and the message Encoding Server is not Responding just kept scrolling by over and over... so I deleted Ripbot and did a fresh install.

I can run Ripbot264.exe fine, I can also run EncodingClient.exe fine, but when I try to run EncodingServer.exe it never opens, and I look in task manager and the task is just stuck.

Any ideas?

I also did a Malware Scan, and a SFC scannow to fix any corrupted system files.
activoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2020, 17:40   #18686  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

I DID NOT UPDATE ENCODINGSERVER.EXE. Just check file date or file version. Try again in Safe Mode. Most likely some app running in background is blocking encodingserver.exe.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2020, 18:24   #18687  |  Link
mrlenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
I DID NOT UPDATE ENCODINGSERVER.EXE. Just check file date or file version. Try again in Safe Mode. Most likely some app running in background is blocking encodingserver.exe.
it looks like x265 was updated nearly at the same you added the work schedule to the ui. it appears as though the parameters that get passed to x265 specifically around no fast first pass on a two pass encode, which you have not changed, now no longer work with the new version of x265. two pass encode with no fast first pass with a lock-size encode is the only way I can replicate the failure.
mrlenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2020, 18:42   #18688  |  Link
activoice

Quote:
Thanks for the reply... so I know what's got it stuck Now but not why it's getting stuck.

I ran EncodingServer.exe and can see that it's sitting there in task manager but the window isn't open, I went to the Details tab in Task Manager right clicked and selected Anaylze Wait Chain, it looks like it's stuck waiting on nvcontainer.exe which is part of the Nvidia software...

I killed the nvcontainer.exe process, and then the Encoding Server window appeared. If I close the Encoding Server window, and re-run EncodingServer.exe it opens fine the second time and all subsequent times, it's just the first time I run it after a fresh boot that NvContainer.exe is always holding it up.
activoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2020, 10:51   #18689  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by activoice View Post
Thanks for the reply... so I know what's got it stuck Now but not why it's getting stuck.

I ran EncodingServer.exe and can see that it's sitting there in task manager but the window isn't open, I went to the Details tab in Task Manager right clicked and selected Anaylze Wait Chain, it looks like it's stuck waiting on nvcontainer.exe which is part of the Nvidia software...

I killed the nvcontainer.exe process, and then the Encoding Server window appeared. If I close the Encoding Server window, and re-run EncodingServer.exe it opens fine the second time and all subsequent times, it's just the first time I run it after a fresh boot that NvContainer.exe is always holding it up.
I did a Ripbot encode today, the first one in, like forever (months, anyway), and it wouldn't start the Encoder, and then I recalled that either (or both) MSI Afterburner, or this NVDisplay.Container.exe "thing" could be the problem, so I turned off AfterBurner...nothing, then I tried to disable the Nv thing, but that wasn't working, so then I Googled it, and found a way to turn it off in (Windows) "Service's", rebooted, and away she went.

So either you need to somehow disable the Nv thing, OR use an older driver version that doesn't have this NVDisplay.Container.exe.

https://appuals.com/fix-nvidia-conta...igh-cpu-usage/

Anyway, that's my 2 cents worth. There always seems to be something that's a complete PITA !!!!
Old 28th September 2020, 11:17   #18690  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

I always remove all telemetry crap from NVIDIA installer before installing ( https://www.techpowerup.com/download...-nvcleanstall/ ) . I also check and remove all scheduled tasks created by driver installer. Zero problems on my side with ripbot.
Old 28th September 2020, 12:10   #18691  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
I always remove all telemetry crap from NVIDIA installer before installing ( https://www.techpowerup.com/download...-nvcleanstall/ ) . I also check and remove all scheduled tasks created by driver installer. Zero problems on my side with ripbot.
Thanks Atak, I actually just grabbed the latest nVidia drivers (not installed yet), so I will give the "cleaner" a go, first.

update:- OK, ran it thru the "cleaner", and it does get rid of a lot of stuff (user's choice, tho), and after a clean install, the NvDisplay.Container thing was still active in Task Manager, so I still had to disable it, from starting.

I wonder if it's a Windows 10 thing...does W7 have the container ??

Last edited by Pauly Dunne; 29th September 2020 at 07:26. Reason: update
Pauly Dunne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2020, 04:20   #18692  |  Link
Daringbaaz

Hello, Ripbot isn't Working on My Pc,
Please Help Me to Solve

Code:
C:\Users\Alone\Downloads\Video>"C:\Users\Alone\Desktop\RipBot264v1.25.1\EncodingClient.exe" "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\job1_EncodingClient.meta" 
'"C:\Users\Alone\Desktop\RipBot264v1.25.1\EncodingClient.exe"' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Users\Alone\Downloads\Video>"C:\Users\Alone\Desktop\RipBot264v1.25.1\tools\mkvtoolnix\mkvmerge.exe" -o "D:\Abhay S02E07 Hindi 1080p WEB-DL [BollYFlix].mkv" --compression 0:none --title "Abhay S02E07 Hindi 1080p WEB-DL [BollYFlix]" --default-duration 0:25fps  "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.265" --compression 0:none --language 0:hin  --aac-is-sbr 0:1  "C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\Encoded_Audio_1.aac"  
mkvmerge v50.0.0 ('Awakenings') 64-bit
Error: The file 'C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.265' could not be opened for reading: open file error.
-------------------------

Elapsed Time: 00h:00m:30s
Daringbaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2020, 09:04   #18693  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Click manually on encodingclient.exe and see what happens.
Old 4th October 2020, 07:18   #18694  |  Link
Daringbaaz

Quote:
Click manually on encodingclient.exe and see what happens.
I Tried, But it's Showing OFFLINE Status,

and Also Checked That There was Miltuple Encoding Server Opened on Taskbar icon section,

but All are Showing offline,.
Old 4th October 2020, 09:41   #18695  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

I just wanted you to confirm that EncodingClient.exe exists and IT is not corrupted. Check again also in safe mode.
Old 4th October 2020, 11:21   #18696  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daringbaaz View Post
I Tried, But it's Showing OFFLINE Status,

and Also Checked That There was Miltuple Encoding Server Opened on Taskbar icon section,

but All are Showing offline,.
How long have you been using Ripbot ??

Have you got your IP address's set up properly, and are you using Distributed Encoding ?? (you did mention the icons in the taskbar)

Try without DE turned on.
Old 5th October 2020, 07:47   #18697  |  Link
TheSickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlenny View Post

Same problem here, when fast first pass is disabled, encoding does not work on 2pass mode in any way.

Servers return the following error:
57 --ctu 64 --slow-firstpass --y4m --pools "+" --output NUL -"
x265 [warning]: extra unused command arguments given <->

I believe when option is disabled, somewhere in the code there is a "-" left hanging and it messes up the script settings send to the server. Can someone validate this and if possible provide a fix / workaround ?
TheSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2020, 07:54   #18698  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Well, the error message
Code:
is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
clearly means that the command line interpreter (cmd.exe usually) either cannot find "C:\Users\Alone\Desktop\RipBot264v1.25.1\EncodingClient.exe" at this location or believes that it does not look like an executable inside.

IMHO, putting an application into a directory on the desktop is not recommendable (also note that if you use several user accounts, another user's desktop may not be accessible), and using complex folder names with version numbers and many dots neither (also I noticed in your screenshot that you are running v1.26.0, but the path contains v1.25.1). Better create a short directory right in a drive's root (like "D:\RB264"), that decreases the risk of typos in the application's path a lot.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2020, 17:36   #18699  |  Link
Daringbaaz

Quote:
I just wanted you to confirm that EncodingClient.exe exists and IT is not corrupted. Check again also in safe mode.
Thanks, It's working Now,

there was some issue with antivirus,

After disabling, Issue fixed,

I am Completely New With Ripbot

Thanks to Everyone
Old 5th October 2020, 17:38   #18700  |  Link
Daringbaaz

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
Well, the error message
Code:
is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
clearly means that the command line interpreter (cmd.exe usually) either cannot find "C:\Users\Alone\Desktop\RipBot264v1.25.1\EncodingClient.exe" at this location or believes that it does not look like an executable inside.

IMHO, putting an application into a directory on the desktop is not recommendable (also note that if you use several user accounts, another user's desktop may not be accessible), and using complex folder names with version numbers and many dots neither (also I noticed in your screenshot that you are running v1.26.0, but the path contains v1.25.1). Better create a short directory right in a drive's root (like "D:\RB264"), that decreases the risk of typos in the application's path a lot.
I wasn't aware about Such Problems, Thanks For Detailed Explanation

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360