Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Announcements and Chat > General Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 2nd January 2009, 07:24   #1  |  Link
netmask

Playing 44.1khz wave files over a network?

I have backed up my entire classical CD collection on to a couple of 1TB drives (NTFS) using EAC http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/ to do the backups.

I have a Beyonwiz http://www.beyonwiz.com.au/DP_P1_overview.asp PVR/Jukebox/SlideShow box and have tried all the audio settings but it won't recognise 44.1kHz wave files.
If I transcode a file up to 48kHz they play but of course that involves time, reprocessing and a rise in pitch.

As an alternative to using the Beyonwiz any recommendations for a reliable media player that has a LAN connection and does recognise normal PCM wav uncompressed 44.1kHz files, doesn't matter if it does other things. I have researched but I can't clarify if 44.1kHz is supported, usually just a reference to "supports wav". I don't mind another black box specific to my needs sitting in my living room as long as it works. Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong area but wasn't sure..
Zidoo UHD3000, Popcorn Hour A-500
BeyonWiz PVR T3 & V2 (Enigma2 clone)
Chromecast
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 7 Ultimate
QNAP NAS TS851
netmask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2009, 11:36   #2  |  Link
mikeytown2
Resize Abuser

you might have better luck over at HydrogenAudio. Me personally, I would convert it on the fly to 48kHz with something like VLC
mikeytown2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2009, 11:37   #3  |  Link
netmask

Solved the problem, I was testing files in the composer alphabetic group A to G which I had ripped with Windows Media Player 11.

On checking H to Z that have been ripped using EAC and are perfect. To double check I loaded one of the early files into CoolEditPro and saved over the file without any changes - played perfectly, so I guess Mr Windows had something to do with it..... Sorry for the panic, guess I've got another 100 or so to re-do
BeyonWiz PVR T3 & V2 (Enigma2 clone)
Chromecast
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 7 Ultimate
QNAP NAS TS851
netmask is offline   Reply With Quote