Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 8th January 2009, 15:18   #201  |  Link
G_M_C

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
Yes, next compliant resolution. ~528p will become 576p

height<480 = 480p
480<height<576 = 576p
576<height<720p = 720p
720<height<1080 = 1080p

Nothing can be done for the annoying green bar, yet, but this way subtitles are shown and saps play it better.

----

Later I will rework the way *TS files are imported, because now it seems to have problems with audio out-of-sync or not importing properly at all. Everything is fine with MKV so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
why not adjust the resolution according to the width?
if width=1280 -> height=720
if width=1920 -> height=1080
Judging by width seem the better option to me;

For instance; A clip with resoution 1280 x 544 is actually a clip that was 720p, but was cropped to 2,35:1 aspect ratio.

In this case you know that the original hight must have been 720, simply because of the width. So adding borders ((720 -/- 544)/2) for top + bottom is best. Same thing can go for 1080p (width beeing 1920).

Exception is the 1440x1080 4:3 (anamorphic or not). And speaking of that resolution; I grabbed a cap from a BBC HD transmission, wich is 1440x1080p anamorphic, and simply muxed the sream in tsMuxeR to BD structure. And my BD30 plays it fine @ 1920 x 1080p, without reencoding
G_M_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2009, 15:28   #202  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Okay... I changed it in build 134.
deank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2009, 15:37   #203  |  Link
G_M_C

Quote:
Okay... I changed it in build 134.
Thx, but i'd like to warn you in advance about complaints you can get. When the original was badly cropped and, even worse, badly resized ... just adding borders wont help. I forsee some complaints of movies not beeing correct AR

In that case, and when you are at the point that you want to add re-encoding funtions to your app; People should write their own resize/AVISynth command script to correct the problem. And therin lies a feature request for the future, but only when you are able to support stuff like this and come around to it, so no hurry; I'd would like to see an abillity to review and/or correct the AVISynth script before executing the reencode or whatever.
Old 8th January 2009, 15:39   #204  |  Link
Forrest

Unfortunately a clip 1280x532 is not played on PS3 as 720p, but there are subtitles that are not seen in build 132-133
Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2009, 15:39   #205  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

You probably misunderstood the point of using this option.

It doesn't resize nor change m2ts/video streams in anyway. It just fixes CLIP and MPLS files with correct values, because tsMuxers leaves [HEIGHT] blank if input MKV is not with compliant height.

Please, read my post again.
Old 8th January 2009, 15:43   #206  |  Link
G_M_C

Quote:
You probably misunderstood the point of using this option.

It doesn't resize nor change m2ts/video streams in anyway. It just fixes CLIP and MPLS files with correct values, because tsMuxers leaves [HEIGHT] blank if input MKV is not with compliant height.

Ahhh, sorry for the interuption then. I'll reask the question when and if re-encoding eventually comes into play But my idea about using the width to determine the correct hight still stands.

And another thing; Does setting that hight even matter to non-PS3 SAP's ? I'd like to try that with my BD30 than, but i have the feeling it wont work ... since the BD30 seems to behave in a non-standard way.
Old 8th January 2009, 15:47   #207  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_M_C View Post
Ahhh, sorry for the interuption then. I'll reask the question when and if re-encoding eventually comes into play But my idea about using the width to determine the correct hight still stands.
It is no problem to add reencoding with x264 and avisynth. I just want to keep away from re-encoding.

Quote:
And another thing; Does setting that hight even matter to non-PS3 SAP's ? I'd like to try that with my BD30 than, but i have the feeling it wont work ... since the BD30 seems to behave in a non-standard way.
In fact patching with correct value was suggested by Samsung BD player user, not talking about PS3 at all. But it seems that it fixes subtitles in PS3

Code:
... SamSung BD-P1400 and Earlier Sony models ...
Old 8th January 2009, 15:54   #208  |  Link
asherungar

what about the green bar in PS3...
come on...we can do it!!
asherungar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2009, 16:17   #209  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Okay... Yes, we can.

I just made it on Playstation3.

I decided to fill the primary video buffer with 1 second black video 1920x1080p (about 24KB) before each title, so when next title starts the bottom is not green but black, so no green bars.

Last edited by deank; 8th January 2009 at 16:25.
Old 8th January 2009, 16:26   #210  |  Link
robshot

Quote:
Okay... Yes, we can.

I just made it on Playstation3.

I decided to fill the primary video buffer with a 1 second black video 1920x1080p (about 24KB), so when next title starts the bottom is not green but black, so no green bars.
How did you do that? Care to explain it step by step? Are those green bars located both on top and bottom? or just bottom (double sized black bar)?
Old 8th January 2009, 16:30   #211  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

I will add it in next release.

I just created AVCHD folder with 1 m2ts file of blank video. If it is played before each not-compliant title it will fill the bottom with black so next title will have no artifacts.

Yes, the video is not centered, but aligned at the top. Just the annoying green bar is not there.

I don't know if it will work for SAPs.
Old 8th January 2009, 16:38   #212  |  Link
robshot

Quote:

I just created AVCHD folder with 1 m2ts file of blank video. If it is played before each not-compliant title it will fill the bottom with black so next title will have no artifacts.

Yes, the video is not centered, but aligned at the top. Just the annoying green bar is not there.

Wow, quick reply...
How about addiing something similar to another program, that will check whether mkv is compliant or not for PS3. You see, there are 2 issues at hand here. First the resolution - which is not actually not-compliant with PS3, since it can still output the AVCHD created with that kind of video, albeit green bars.
Second, the ones that created blank video with only sound, this is not caused by resolution, but the way the mkv originally created (something with x264 encoding parameter). And no, this is also not caused by the not-4.1 profile - as this can be easily changed by tsmuxer.
A program called GOTSent will immediately warned "This video is not compliant/playable on PS3)" when someone input the MKV with certain x264 parameter that won't cut it for PS3. If you can have this feature, i think there won't be any more case of "my video doesn't show, only audio." ...
just my 2 cents... Great Proggie. Can't wait to use the black bar cheat
Old 8th January 2009, 16:43   #213  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

You can try it yourself:

Download this RAR: avchd_black.rar

It containts a folder. Extract it.

In multiAVCHD add the extracted folder before EACH mkv file, that does not have compliant resolution.

If your first MKV is such non-compliant file, add the folder as a first title.

The downside of this is that the blank video occupies one TITLE. I will add it in next release so it will be added before each non compliant mkv, without losing title space.

Dean

---

about compatibility check - i will add it... mediainfo gives precise information on the way MKVs were encoded with x264, so it is easy to detect if the video will not play on PS3.
Old 8th January 2009, 16:47   #214  |  Link
asherungar

Quote:

but i thought you found a way to center the video:
"Interesting find on page 94 of TS specifications (iso 13818-1) is the grid descriptor:...."
"So it allows positioning the video in the lower part of the screen and (probably) making the green bar/artifacts unvisible...

Who knows... we'll see. "

what about that?
Old 8th January 2009, 16:48   #215  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

You're gettin' pushy, aren't you.
Old 8th January 2009, 16:49   #216  |  Link
asherungar

you're the one who found that ...
Old 8th January 2009, 16:52   #217  |  Link
robshot

Quote:
You're gettin' pushy, aren't you.
Can't hold myself to comment on this . Think about it, Deank... you'll be the first to provide the solution that has been screamed about, searched about, and prayed for... And it also in line with your "stay away from re-encoding" philosophy

cheers... and don't get mad

robshot
Old 8th January 2009, 16:58   #218  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

So there is a donate button not that it will create more hours in a day but will buy me more coffee&milk hah.
Old 8th January 2009, 18:02   #219  |  Link
B4tm4n
Caped Crusader

Quote:
Can anyone try multiAVCHD under Wine emulator for Linux/MacOS?

----

Also download links in first post are updated. They point to my site, instead to rapidshare.

Latest PAL/NTSC LITE/FULL versions include everything you need (build 130).
I tried running it under Crossover ( commercial wine app) on my MacBook.
A window appears with this error.

Quote:
= GetUrlHeader: (RT) Access violation at address 56033DD6 in module 'wininet.dll'. Read of address 00000000 - Line 301
B4tm4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2009, 18:05   #220  |  Link
nwg

I have used it a few times and so far it has worked great. A small request. As AVCHD is also compliant with mpeg2 and VC1. I wonder if you will allow a mpeg2 mpg to be selected (could add to the mkv/ts button). It should work as long as the audio is compatible.

I have some clips/demos and I am finding it hard to get a bit of software to put them on a DVD in the blu ray format.
nwg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avchd, blu-ray hd-dvd, mkv, multiavchd, re-author