Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 13th June 2022, 06:36   #31281  |  Link
Hooman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
CURRENT VERSION 0.61.28 (May 11th, 2022)

9. Please DO NOT replace the versions of software included in the BD-RB ZIP with other versions (e.g. replacing the 32 bit X264 with a 64 bit version). In doing so you are very likely creating a self-inflicted injury that will not be addressed as a bug.
Hi, the included NVEnc fails to initiliaze my GPU's Cuda driver but some other/newer/x64 version of that encoder has no proplem initilaizing. Can I replace it?

Hooman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2022, 18:00   #31282  |  Link
jdobbs

As long as it works. But please remember that I haven't tested it with that version... it's possible there may be changes that cause issues. It wouldn't be the first time.

It is less likely to be an issue with NVENCCRE than BD-RB since NVENCC does most of the work with that program.

Last edited by jdobbs; 13th June 2022 at 18:04.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2022, 06:47   #31283  |  Link
Hooman

Quote:
As long as it works. But please remember that I haven't tested it with that version... it's possible there may be changes that cause issues. It wouldn't be the first time.

It is less likely to be an issue with NVENCCRE than BD-RB since NVENCC does most of the work with that program.
Thanks for replying, What is NVENCCRE?
The one encoder that works is NVEncC64.exe(v5.46, x64 architecture) and the file(name)s in its folder are different from the ones in "BD Rebuilder\Tools\NVENC" folder (according to the screenshot).
Could it be a problem with Cuda driver that is only x64 (not working with a 32 bit NVEncC.exe)? If so, is there a 32-bit compatible Cuda driver I should install?

Last edited by Hooman; 14th June 2022 at 07:48.
Old 14th June 2022, 11:36   #31284  |  Link
cartman0208

Did you try using the 64bit version renaming the executable to NVEncC.exe?
That way you won't mess up your system with ... drivers.
cartman0208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2022, 06:00   #31285  |  Link
Lathe

Hello All!

Ummm... for some odd reason when I go to run the recent version of BDRB.exe in the folder, I get a prompt from Windows saying that I don't have permission or something. And then, very mysteriously, the BDRB.exe vanishes!

I have the last version and I don't THINK I'm doing anything differently. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2022, 11:01   #31286  |  Link
gonca

Have you tried "Run as Administrator"
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2022, 12:19   #31287  |  Link
cartman0208

Looks almost like a bad case of Antivirus false positive... What antivirus solution do you use?
If you can't remember any and you are on Win10 oder 11, then Windows Defender might have kicked the .exe into quarantine.
cartman0208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2022, 14:00   #31288  |  Link
musiclover

If you are using Malwarebytes you need to make an exception for BDRB.exe. It sees it as a virus.
musiclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2022, 14:31   #31289  |  Link
Mark_Venture

Didn't Norton/Symatec also have false positive issues in the past?
Mark_Venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2022, 03:27   #31290  |  Link
SquallMX
Special SeeD

@jdobbs when re-encoding a UHD Menu with Dolby Vision the keyframe placement is not respected, which is needed for proper compliance.
SquallMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2022, 20:21   #31291  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquallMX View Post
@jdobbs when re-encoding a UHD Menu with Dolby Vision the keyframe placement is not respected, which is needed for proper compliance.
Hmm... I'll take a look at it, but I thought I kept the keyframes consistent for Dolby Vision. I must have missed something.
Old 30th June 2022, 08:19   #31292  |  Link
Hooman

Are BD-rebuilder's 3D .AVC / .MVC workfiles usable in Scenarist BD re-authoring(Base view and dependent view)? I'm encountering errors such as "The MVC scalable nesting SEI message(offset_metadata) is not contain first view component in decoding order of GOP" and/or "SSIF allocation Error, Fail at Condition 5" at muxing.
Old 3rd July 2022, 14:49   #31293  |  Link
Hooman

Quote:
In-mux is not "supposedly" anything. I know what I'm doing, and when I say it is 100% compliant -- it is 100% compliant. Support is required by the spec -- so if there is a 3D player out there that doesn't support it THE PLAYER IS NOT COMPLIANT. It is used on many commercial discs. Frankly I think the SSIF format is ridiculous (with its faux appearance of two files that really only exists due to exotic use of sector pointers) and can see no good reason why it is used. I think it's just there to make copying difficult.

Can you send me the MPLS of the playlist that is reversed?
PowerDVD (The last version with 3D Blu-ray support and probaly WinDVD as well) + NVidia 3d Vision Glasses + 120 Hz display don't like this in-mux format at all and as someone who has no standalone player connected to a 3D TV I'm unable to view BD-RB(uilt) 3D movie contents.
Can you please add a OUTPUT_3D_ISO (SSIF directory structure) option for Full backup mode?

Last edited by Hooman; 3rd July 2022 at 14:54.
Old 4th July 2022, 01:32   #31294  |  Link
MrVideo

As a refresher course, what is in-mux 3D format?
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2022, 10:17   #31295  |  Link
ggtop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooman View Post
PowerDVD (The last version with 3D Blu-ray support and probaly WinDVD as well) + NVidia 3d Vision Glasses + 120 Hz display don't like this in-mux format at all and as someone who has no standalone player connected to a 3D TV I'm unable to view BD-RB(uilt) 3D movie contents.
Can you please add a OUTPUT_3D_ISO (SSIF directory structure) option for Full backup mode?
Hi, I personally never tried to full backup a 3D BD, but this hidden option sounds promising:

Code:
OUTPUT_3D_ISO=n		n = 0/1 - 0=Off (default) - if set to "1", movie-only output is to an ISO rather than a folder
From the change log:
Code:
April 7th, 2014 - v0.47.04
- Implemented 3D Full Backup Mode.  Note that
  BD-RB converts 3D method so that the SSIF
  folder is no longer required -- the method
  is 100% compliant with the BD standard.
  (v0.47.03)
- Due to the changes in the way 3D is handled,
  BD-RB no longer outputs to ISO by default on
  movie-only 3D encodes.  It can be enabled by
  using the OUTPUT_3D_ISO hidden option. Note:
  This option only applies to movie-only 3D
  encodes. (v0.47.03)
- Made in-mux (single M2TS) 3D multiplexing
  mode the default on full-backup 3D.  This
  can be changed back with the hidden option
  FORCE_INMUX_3D=0.
- Modified 3D movie-only mode so it also now 
  uses the in-mux structure for BD-3D output.
BTW Option "FORCE_INMUX_3D" is no longer listed in <HIDDENOPTS.TXT>

ggtop
ggtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2022, 11:19   #31296  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
As a refresher course, what is in-mux 3D format?
A method where the two views are packed (muxed) into one single file (container), as opposed to the MVC structure where the 2 views are arranged in separate files (as base and dependent view), with SSIF folder structure. It's a standard 3D packing method, as valid as the commercial MVC structure.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2022, 17:00   #31297  |  Link
Hooman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggtop View Post
Hi, I personally never tried to full backup a 3D BD, but this hidden option sounds promising:

Code:
OUTPUT_3D_ISO=n		n = 0/1 - 0=Off (default) - if set to "1", movie-only output is to an ISO rather than a folder
ggtop
After a movie-only backup using that option it appears to me the 3d output of my BD rebuilder has artifacts(video pixelation) and is shaky with or without SSIF directory structure. I don't know if it's because of Frim(decoder/encoder) and/or the mux process.

I tried to import the 264 and mvc ESs from the workfiles into scenarist bd and re-author but it fails at 90% muxing("SSIF allocation Error, Fail at Condition 5").
Is there any other means to check/test those encoded/muxed files?

Last edited by Hooman; 4th July 2022 at 17:11.
Old 5th July 2022, 10:39   #31298  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
A method where the two views are packed (muxed) into one single file (container), as opposed to the MVC structure where the 2 views are arranged in separate files (as base and dependent view), with SSIF folder structure. It's a standard 3D packing method, as valid as the commercial MVC structure.
Thanks for the info. I've never seen it used on any 3D disc that I have.
Old 6th July 2022, 14:26   #31299  |  Link
MrVideo

Does BDRB not like a BD structure that has an audio file that is TrueHD 7.1? I took the MKV file and ran it thru tsmuxer to get a BD folder (HEVC video). Tsmuxer warned that the MLP audio will not play on a BD player. When I try and import the BD folder into BDRB, during the reading playlist portion, it takes a few minutes before it even gets to 0.10% progress. Another MKV file has DTSMA audio and the BD folder is imported just fine,

Am I not going to be able to import the BD folder?
Old 6th July 2022, 15:27   #31300  |  Link
gonca

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
Does BDRB not like a BD structure that has an audio file that is TrueHD 7.1? I took the MKV file and ran it thru tsmuxer to get a BD folder (HEVC video). Tsmuxer warned that the MLP audio will not play on a BD player. When I try and import the BD folder into BDRB, during the reading playlist portion, it takes a few minutes before it even gets to 0.10% progress. Another MKV file has DTSMA audio and the BD folder is imported just fine,

Am I not going to be able to import the BD folder?
THD must have an interleaved ac3 core file for BD compliance.
MKV cannot store two interleaved tracks, so it splits them.
Stores them as a thd track and an ac3 track.
You are trying to encode a non compliant track.
Merge the thd and ac3 tracks together or re-encode an ac3 core into the thd track.
Or wait while BD_RB does it
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote