Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 13th November 2017, 03:36   #5741  |  Link
ratpack

OK thanks for the answer on the sar.

Attached is the log. The box to demux video stream was not checked, but the files were still created.

If it's not occurred in general testing then I wonder if it's because MeGUI isn't installed in the normal default location? It looks like it's been installed in the same folder on my system since back at version 2624.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Log demux video stream unchecked.zip (2.8 KB, 26 views)
ratpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2017, 12:12   #5742  |  Link
laurentje

Problems with update 2774 and audio

Yesterday version 2774 was installed on top of an existing 2715 version on Windows 10.
Result: problems of audio. The audio is messed and a clicking noise (like a gun is shooting) is produced in the audio.

What want I to do with Megui? I have m2ts-files and I want to convert them to mp4-files (h264-video en aac-audio). I do this with an avs-file like this:

LoadPlugin("C:\programs\megui\tools\avs\plugins\DirectShowSource.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\programs\megui\tools\avisynth_plugin\TDeint.dll")
DirectShowSource("D:\roland\Videos\can\m2ts\04-08-17\20170804141228.m2ts",fps=25.000)
TDeint() #Deinterlaces the clip
#Crop(4,0,-4,0) #Crops video to get rid of black bars
Spline36Resize(640,360) #Resize the clip
ConvertToYV12()

The audio in the original file is:
Audio
ID : 4352 (0x1100)
Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Format settings, Endianness : Big
Codec ID : 129
Duration : 2 min 16 s
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 448 kb/s
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate : 31.250 FPS (1536 spf)
Bit depth : 16 bits
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 7.28 MiB (3%)
Service kind : Complete Main

I want this audio tranfered to :LC-AAC format

Before the last update I did this several years, without problems!! The last year I use the QAAC-encoder. Testing with several options of the audio-dialog shows that the problem is with the "Downmix multichannel to Stereo"-option is.

When I download the version 2774 from the official site and I run this version, the QAAC-encoder is not anymore present. Is this normal or a bug?
So my question is now: how to encode the audio to format lc-aac if QAAC-package is not present?
laurentje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2017, 12:23   #5743  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratpack View Post
Also, now when I try and start off using the File Indexer (FILE > Open > browse to the first VOB) it always creates a duplicate set of all the VOBs.
Thats hapens when VOB's have more than a PGC stream:

Quote:
---[Information] [2017-11-12 8:39:45 PM] File: C:\Backups\WE_BOUGHT_A_ZOO\VIDEO_TS\VTS_02_0.IFO
----[Information] PGCCount: 4
and the VOB's created aren't duplicated but with only the main PGC stream.
The others PGC's can have copyright message, credits, extras, etc. than must be eliminated from original VOB's using pgcdemux:

Quote:
--[Information] [2017-11-12 8:40:10 PM] Preprocessing
--[Information] [2017-11-12 8:40:10 PM] Job command line: "C:\Program Files (x86)\MeGUI_2624_x86\tools\pgcdemux\pgcdemux.exe" -pgc 1 -noaud -nosub -customvob n,v,a,s,l "C:\Backups\WE_BOUGHT_A_ZOO\VIDEO_TS\VTS_02_0.IFO" "C:\Backups\WE_BOUGHT_A_ZOO\VIDEO_TS\WE_BOUGHT_A_ZOO_VTS_02_1"
Old 13th November 2017, 12:43   #5744  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

@laurentje:

QAAC is only a command line interface tool to the Apple CoreAudio encoder. To use it, you need to have either QuickTime or iTunes installed, or at least unpack the required DLL's from their installer (preferably from iTunes 64-bit), using the "makeportable" batch provided by the QAAC author. Furthermore, to use QAAC, you have to enable it in the "Settings" dialog in the "External Program Configuration" tab.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2017, 12:47   #5745  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

The "Abort" button in the updater window still does nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
Maybe best thing is to remove it.

New German Gleitz board
Old 13th November 2017, 13:05   #5746  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurentje View Post
Yesterday version 2774 was installed on top of an existing 2715 version on Windows 10.
Result: problems of audio. The audio is messed and a clicking noise (like a gun is shooting) is produced in the audio.
I don't know if changes in last version modify the MeGUI behaviour, but if you use DirectShowSource to open a file we can't know what happens with the audio.

The correct way is extract the AC3 file (Tools -> HD Streams Extractor)
and recode it to aac-lc (using LWLibavAudioSource or NicAudio)

The QAAC package (and NeroAacEnc than can be equivalent for aac-lc) must be enabled (Options -> Settings -> External Program Configuration) and maybe manually download the first time or update.

Check if you have already, from your previous MeGUI version:
...\megui\tools\qaac\QTfiles...
...\megui\tools\eac3to\neroAacEnc.exe
Old 13th November 2017, 14:34   #5747  |  Link
Zathor

@laurentje: In any case a full log of the encoding (including versions header) is required for proper support - currently we can only guess that you have used DirectShowSource also for the audio encoding, which architecture you are using (32/64bit), ...

@All: If not noticed already I have released yesterday a new "stable" build 2774.
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2017, 17:06   #5748  |  Link
laurentje

@Zathor:
No problem for the log list but the audio is terrible. And the system is Windows 10, which is 64bit.
The log is here.

The result video is here.

In the beginning of the clip you hear clicks like gunshots... which are not in the original clip.

Last edited by laurentje; 13th November 2017 at 17:10.
Old 13th November 2017, 17:31   #5749  |  Link
laurentje

@tebasuna51

1) audio encoding AAC
Well, this was quite simple: in the Settings, 3rd tab 'External Program Contifuration', activate checkbox QAAC. Then the program shall ask for update, etc...

2) The splitting task via the tool is an extra step in the workflow, too much... A better solution is to put the name of the mts-file directly in the input field of the audio file. (the standard beheviour is that Megui put the same name here als the viedofilename)
Old 13th November 2017, 17:52   #5750  |  Link
Zathor

What is in this script?
Code:
Import("C:\tmp\video\can\m2ts_raw\can_dag01_raw2.avs")
Btw you can try OneClick. You have to setup it once but then you can drag your m2ts files on it or even use batch encoding if you drag multiple files on it. It will then be properly processed without DirectShowSource.
Old 13th November 2017, 18:53   #5751  |  Link
laurentje

@Zathor

Here is the avs:

LoadPlugin("C:\programs\megui\tools\avs\plugins\DirectShowSource.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\programs\megui\tools\avisynth_plugin\TDeint.dll")
DirectShowSource("D:\roland\Videos\can\m2ts\04-08-17\20170804141228.m2ts",fps=25.000)
TDeint() #Deinterlaces the clip
#Crop(4,0,-4,0) #Crops video to get rid of black bars
Spline36Resize(640,360) #Resize the clip
ConvertToYV12()

For the Oneclick-solution: I'll see, but I want also resize the frames at the same time. Thanks for your suggestion.
Old 13th November 2017, 20:45   #5752  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

And again, the "Groundhog Day" of AviSynth in general, and MeGUI specifically: How old is the guide which recommends DirectShowSource over the File Indexer? We don't, rather the opposite.

New German Gleitz board
Old 13th November 2017, 22:21   #5753  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
For the Oneclick-solution: I'll see, but I want also resize the frames at the same time. Thanks for your suggestion.
Give it a try, you can also resize in there if you need no preview.
Regarding your audio issues - I cannot support DirectShowSource. Either use the old MeGUI version if that works for you (change should only be the AVS+ version used) or switch to file indexer / OneClick.
Old 15th November 2017, 10:11   #5754  |  Link
hello_hello

Hi Zathor.

Is there any chance of an option to disable the disabling of the "Improve AVS opening" setting when MeGUI thinks it's crashed or there's been a preview error or a light shower within 30 miles while previewing a video?
I ask, because when you're fiddling with scripts and experimenting with plugins etc it's inevitable you'll do something to hurt MeGUI's feelings, and I swear I must go back into Options at least 354 times per day to re-enable "Improve AVS opening".

Under what sort of circumstance would disabling that option allow MeGUI to open a script it otherwise couldn't open?

Thank you!

PS. When you open a source, MeGUI always sets the Input DAR in the script creator, but if it's not a standard DAR and you change the Input DAR yourself, you can't change it back to what it was. An InputDAR "scratchpad" maybe? Otherwise you have to reload the source and start again or create a custom Input DAR, which will force you to delete any currently saved custom DAR's when you want to eventually remove it (which is annoying because MeGUI still uses the old ITU PARs rather than the mpeg4 PARs).

PPS I've noticed MeGUI is fairly attached to choosing an ITU or generic Input DAR if the source is of a DVD-type resolution. For instance if you open an MKV at 720x576 with something close to 4:3 written to the container/video stream, MeGUI will ignore it and choose ITU or generic instead. When the aspect ratio differs enough from a standard generic or ITU PAR, MeGUI starts to pay attention, but to my way of thinking it should always do so.

PPPS. Is there any chance one day MeGUI could display the resizing resolution in the script creator? Somewhere near the aspect error area maybe? So if you set 640x480 as the resizing for example, MeGUI would tell you it's 4:3. While 640x480 is fairly obvious, often it's not.

I'm sure I had something else to complain about, but I seem to have forgotten what it was.

Thanks for the continued work. It's appreciated.

PPPPS. I remembered.
Do you think the option to add a pre-recording job to the queue gets much use? I ask, because I use it, but mainly to encode to a lossless output, and then I re-encode that, but usually after manually creating a new script and adding more filtering etc. Theretofore, I always have to delete the other jobs MeGUI adds to the queue, but it's the only way to losslessly encode with huffYUV.
I assume the original purpose of the "pre-rendering" option was to automatically encode to an intermediate file while running slow filtering and MeGUI would then busy itself running a 2 pass encode, which is why I asked how much use it's likely to get these days. I was wondering if it'd be more useful now if it simply ran a lossless encode and let the user do the rest.

I'm done now.

Last edited by hello_hello; 15th November 2017 at 12:05.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2017, 19:52   #5755  |  Link
laurentje

Quote:
Btw you can try OneClick. You have to setup it once but then you can drag your m2ts files...
I tried OneClick, but Megui crashed.
Log file is here.

Tried several files with same result (crashing...)
Crashed at job3: Creating LSMASH index....
Old 16th November 2017, 20:15   #5756  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
Is there any chance of an option to disable the disabling of the "Improve AVS opening" setting when MeGUI thinks it's crashed or there's been a preview error or a light shower within 30 miles while previewing a video?
I ask, because when you're fiddling with scripts and experimenting with plugins etc it's inevitable you'll do something to hurt MeGUI's feelings, and I swear I must go back into Options at least 354 times per day to re-enable "Improve AVS opening".

Under what sort of circumstance would disabling that option allow MeGUI to open a script it otherwise couldn't open?
Not sure anymore why I added that. It had something to do with preventing crashes. It may be time to remove it and see what will happen. Btw. it did not happen for me in years so not sure why it will be raised for you so often.

Quote:
PS. When you open a source, MeGUI always sets the Input DAR in the script creator, but if it's not a standard DAR and you change the Input DAR yourself, you can't change it back to what it was. An InputDAR "scratchpad" maybe? Otherwise you have to reload the source and start again or create a custom Input DAR, which will force you to delete any currently saved custom DAR's when you want to eventually remove it (which is annoying because MeGUI still uses the old ITU PARs rather than the mpeg4 PARs).
The last point is easy - disable "use ITU aspect ratio" in the settings. The part with the lost aspect ratio information is not so easy :-(

Quote:
PPS I've noticed MeGUI is fairly attached to choosing an ITU or generic Input DAR if the source is of a DVD-type resolution. For instance if you open an MKV at 720x576 with something close to 4:3 written to the container/video stream, MeGUI will ignore it and choose ITU or generic instead. When the aspect ratio differs enough from a standard generic or ITU PAR, MeGUI starts to pay attention, but to my way of thinking it should always do so.
Do you have a sample file for that? What does MediaInfo report?

Quote:
PPPS. Is there any chance one day MeGUI could display the resizing resolution in the script creator? Somewhere near the aspect error area maybe? So if you set 640x480 as the resizing for example, MeGUI would tell you it's 4:3. While 640x480 is fairly obvious, often it's not.
Mhm, need to check that.

Quote:
Do you think the option to add a pre-recording job to the queue gets much use? I ask, because I use it, but mainly to encode to a lossless output, and then I re-encode that, but usually after manually creating a new script and adding more filtering etc. Theretofore, I always have to delete the other jobs MeGUI adds to the queue, but it's the only way to losslessly encode with huffYUV.
I assume the original purpose of the "pre-rendering" option was to automatically encode to an intermediate file while running slow filtering and MeGUI would then busy itself running a 2 pass encode, which is why I asked how much use it's likely to get these days. I was wondering if it'd be more useful now if it simply ran a lossless encode and let the user do the rest.
I never have used that option myself likely because I am not doing multi-pass encodings.

Quote:
I'm done now.
Ideally you raise for the changes feature requests on sourceforge. Likely it will not be faster, but your points are also no points I can implement / change right now. So it may happen that it will be burried here which I want to avoid.
Btw great to have you here!

Quote:
I tried OneClick, but Megui crashed.
Log file is here.

Tried several files with same result (crashing...)
Crashed at job3: Creating LSMASH index....
Glad that you would like to try it - not so good that it crashes MeGUI. MeGUI itself should never crash itself so when it happens when the first time lsmash is called the crash very likely is related to it. Are there additional information? E.g. an error window? Maybe a redist is not installed.
As a workaround you can try to change the priorities in the oneclick profile so that ffms will be used as primary indexer.
Sorry for the trouble...
Old 18th November 2017, 00:49   #5757  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
Not sure anymore why I added that. It had something to do with preventing crashes. It may be time to remove it and see what will happen. Btw. it did not happen for me in years so not sure why it will be raised for you so often.
I think it's just because I fiddle with scripts a lot while previewing. Naturally I couldn't make it happen when I tried. Next time MeGUI resets AVS opening, I'll make a note of what happened so I can reproduce it.

Quote:
The last point is easy - disable "use ITU aspect ratio" in the settings. The part with the lost aspect ratio information is not so easy :-(
I maybe didn't explain it well.
I don't use the old ITU pixel aspect ratios because they were never exactly correct to begin with (MeGUI is the only current GUI I know of that still uses them). The mpeg4 aspect ratios are simpler and easier to work with, they match the SARs in the x264 encoder configuration, they generally make it easier to crop to exactly 16:9 or 4:3, and they apply to both PAL and NTSC.
I was just having a little whine about MeGUI removing the custom MPEG4 DAR's every time I create a temporary InputDAR and then delete it.

Quote:
Do you have a sample file for that? What does MediaInfo report?
Here's two.

NTSC & PAL.zip (6MB)

I started with an NTSC DVD (using an Input DAR of 15:11), cropped 2 pixels from each side and resized back to 720x480. I then encoded it again, resizing to 720x576. The script itself:

Quote:
# Set DAR in encoder to 179 : 132. The following line is for automatic signalling
global MeGUI_darx = 179
global MeGUI_dary = 132
<source>
crop(2, 0, -2, 0)
Spline36Resize(720,480) # or 720x576
MPC-HC (File/Properties) reports a DAR of 72:53 for the NTSC encode and 781:576 for the PAL resolution. Aside from some very minor rounding, both are correct. MeGUI opens both as 4:3 (or ITU).
It only applies when the resolution is exactly 720x480 or 720x576 and I haven't tried to work out how far the DAR needs to be from 4:3 or 16:9 before MeGUI starts using it, but there's obviously a point at which it does.

Quote:
I never have used that option myself likely because I am not doing multi-pass encodings.
I only use it because it's the only way to encode as huffyuv. The pre-rendering option is possibly obsolete, but there's probably no need to remove it, however it'd be nice to have huffyuv as an encoder choice along with x264 and xvid etc.

Quote:
Ideally you raise for the changes feature requests on sourceforge. Likely it will not be faster, but your points are also no points I can implement / change right now. So it may happen that it will be burried here which I want to avoid.
Btw great to have you here!
Thanks. I think I've still got a few requests waiting in the queue over there but I'll add some later.
Did you ever read my request for adding filtering to each trim you add with the AVS Cutter? I'm longing for the day....
The idea was to be able to include filtering with each Trim so not only could the AVS Cutter do basic cutting, you could use it as an editor of sorts. Like so:

Trim(0,100).ThisFilter().ThatFilter()

MeGUI's preview is already open and ready to preview the changes, all that's required is a way to enter them and life would be joyous once again...

Quote:
As a workaround you can try to change the priorities in the oneclick profile so that ffms will be used as primary indexer.
On the subject of indexing, when the output folder is something other than the input folder, MeGUI no longer deletes the lsmash index file from the source directory after copying it to the output directory. Was that an intentional change?

Thanks

Last edited by hello_hello; 18th November 2017 at 17:46.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2017, 03:25   #5758  |  Link
raymondjpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
Is it possible to change the order of preference of source filters in the File Indexer (e.g. always FFMS2 over L-SMASH Source)?

Also asked in the VideoHelp forum by someone else...
Was this question ever answered? I can't find it.

Regards

Edit: Looks like ability to change priority of indexer has been implemented in One-Click under the 'Other' tab.

Last edited by raymondjpg; 19th November 2017 at 05:07.
raymondjpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2017, 10:04   #5759  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

An issue with xvid_encraw has just been discussed in the German doom9/Gleitz board. It turned out that xvid_encraw (in contrast to other encoders) only accepts an avisynth.dll located in a directory where a registry value of the AviSynth installation points at, but not from its base directory or %PATH%.

Recompiling an enhanced xvid_encraw (after adding such code) would require Visual Studio. I can't offer this service. Any other volunteers? — Until that, MeGUI may have to temporarily manipulate this registry value (and "temporarily" means, there may be a risk of getting permanent in case it crashes before it restores the original value).

New German Gleitz board
Old 19th November 2017, 13:56   #5760  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
It turned out that xvid_encraw (in contrast to other encoders) only accepts an avisynth.dll located in a directory where a registry value of the AviSynth installation points at, but not from its base directory or %PATH%.
That is not correct.

xvid_encraw (and I presume similar tools that use the VfW API) will work just fine with these registry entries present:
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\AVIFile\Extensions\avs]
@="{E6D6B700-124D-11D4-86F3-DB80AFD98778}"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{E6D6B700-124D-11D4-86F3-DB80AFD98778}]
@="AviSynth"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{E6D6B700-124D-11D4-86F3-DB80AFD98778}\InProcServer32]
@="avisynth.dll"
"ThreadingModel"="Apartment"
Tools that use the native Avisynth API don't need them to work.

Last edited by Groucho2004; 19th November 2017 at 14:03.
Groucho2004 is offline   Reply With Quote