Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors

Old 8th March 2013, 18:01   #101  |  Link
ggtop

Glad to hear it works for you now.
Donations, however, to r0lZ

ggtop
ggtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2013, 23:35   #102  |  Link
DrMerlin

Newb question-
Background- I am trying to make a list of chapter pairs for the different Scene It DVDs. Basically a list of questions/answers. One thought I had was to put the DVD in my PC, play the DVD in 'Party Mode' (which cycles through all or most of the questions in a random order) and get a log of titles/chapters played and sort them into question/answer chunks that way. As I was searching for a software DVD player that logged this kind of info, I found PgcEdit which seems like it might be the right tool for the job. However, I wasn't up on my Pgc's and Gprm's, etc... so I did a little reading... and am more or less in over my head.

Question- What I really want to do is tell PgcEdit (or other tool, if more appropriate) a starting title and have it tell me what titles/chapters each one links to in a list. Something that looks like this:

Title 5/Chapter 1 ->
Title 5/Chapter 26 ->
Title 5/Chapter 132 ->
Title 6/Chapter 73 ->
Title 2/Chapter 48 (etc..)

Then I could assume (maybe) that the first title is a dummy, and each pair after that (starting with 26 in the example above) is a question/answer pair.

Would anyone be willing to give me some pointers out of the goodness of their heart(s)?

Thanks,
DrMerlin
DrMerlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2013, 06:41   #103  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Welcome DrMerlin.

IMO, playing all titles randomly and logging the number of title/chapters is not a good method, because you will almost certainly miss some pairs, that will take much time, and the log will be long and confusing.
It is probable that your DVDs have a structure that can be analysed to discover how they link the questions and answers, and where they are located. For example, when a question is played, one or two GPRMs can be set to specific values, and that GPRMs are used later to jump to the title and chapter corresponding to the answer. If you can discover what GPRMs are used for that usage and how the value they contains are converted to title and chapter numbers, you can probably easily build the list of questions and answers simply by looking at the commands of the various PGCs of the DVD.
Of course, that requires to somewhat understand how the navigation commands work, but you can guess most of the things, and you don't need to know everything.

I suggest to use the Trace mode to follow the navigation, and try to find a "pattern" in the way the questions and their answers are called. You should open the Watch window and pay attention to the GPRMs. For example, when the nav jumps to or returns from a title containing a question, it is probable that the values of several GPRMs change. Pay attention of that changes, and play another question. Look at the changes again. Some GPRMs should have different values that with the first question. The GPRM holding the title and/or chapter number of the answer is probably among them. Continue to play the DVD until you can identify the right GPRM for sure. You should now be able to deduce the title and chapter number of the answer when a question is played, just by looking at the line that changes the value of the GPRM. You should also try to understand how the questions are called, to discover in which PGCs they are stored.

I agree that it's not an easy task, especially if you know nothing about how a DVD works, but IMO it's the only viable solution. Unfortunately, I can't help much without the DVDs, as I don't know how they are programmed. If you need more info, open a new thread to post your questions. You can also send me the PgcEdit backup of one of your DVDs, and I'll try to help you. (If you do so, be sure to use the function File -> Backup -> Create Zip Backup, and include the background menu images. Send me the ZIP file by email. You can find my email address at the bottom of the PgcEdit home page.)

Good luck anyway.

Last edited by r0lZ; 10th September 2013 at 06:45.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2014, 08:03   #104  |  Link
david42
Former Technical Janitor

VM_TT_SRPT corrupted

VM_TT_SRPT corruption
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
Usually, Disney/ARccOS/RipGuard protected DVDs (the same crap anyway) are protected with unreadable sectors in the main movie (skipped by cell commands) and a lot of fake titles/VTSses. In the beginning, the fake titles were unreferenced, but it was too easy to remove them (with a logic similar to PgcEdit's Delete Uncalled PGCs). Therefore, now, they are referenced by fake menus. The fake menus are short menus with buttons and a black background. Since the playback duration is extremely short and there is nothing shown (except a black image) when the menu is played, the user has no chance to select a button, and the playback continues. (More on this below). But the ripper programs are supposed to "think" that those menus are real menus, and as a consequence, they "think" that the fake VTSses can really be called, ans they cannot decide if it is safe to remove them.

So, to help PgcEdit, you have to remove the fake menus yourself, to make the fake titles unreferenced.

[remainder of original msg deleted for brevity]
Sometimes I do this type of editing when stripping down a purchased DVD (from Paramount). Occasionally the Remove Useless Stuff runs into a problem because a title needs to be moved to the end of the DVD and the VM_TT_SRPT gets corrupted (somehow) into thinking the title belongs to a VTS that it has already removed earlier in the Remove or from a previous Remove Useless Stuff. I get a pop-up window (running winXP Pro SP3) saying this -

Quote:
PgcEdit: Get VTS Sectors
! WARNING: There is something wrong in the VMG_TT_SRPT table!
Title 1 refers to VTST 4, which doesn't exist.

Do you want to fix the value of the Number of Title Play Maps to 0 (and the Length of Table value from 307 to 7)?
WARNING: doing so will remove the entries for Titles 1 to 25. Some of those Titles may refer to another (possibly existing) VTST.

Answer "no" to leave this entry unchanged and check the next one, or "abort" to leave all entries unchanged.
You will need to fix the VM_TT_SRPT table yourself.
The problem comes if I pick Yes to delete Titles 1-25 it deletes Title 23 which IS THE REAL MOVIE. I'm fairly good using PgcEdit but fixing the VM_TT_SRPT is not a task I've found in it. Doing it myself makes it sounds like a job for some other program perhaps IfoEdit? The problem is I'm unsure how a VM_TT_SRPT is laid out so deleting 24 sequential Titles while saving the 2nd to last one of a 25 titles sequence is tricky. Stripping out titles and adjust offsets and lengths requires a better understanding of how to change an IFO file's VM_TT_SRPT. I'd 1st try opening IfoEdit and selecting VM_TT_SRPT in the top window which shows the contents in the bottom window but that's where I'm stuck. Am I going in wrong direction (ie. program) or is there any explanation of how to fix a VM_TT_SRPT table as PgcEdit recommends? I did a google search but it mostly pointed at afterdawn and doom9 forums so this appeard to be a reasonable place to ask for help to find a program and instructions for someone who need a good write up (like a mock strip recipe) to do this type of adjustment to an IFO's VM_TT_SRPT. I'm using winXP so if a hex editor is required (other than what is a button at the bottom of IfoEdit) to make the IFO file's VM_TT_SRPT smaller is required please also suggest a hex editor origram to use for winXP.

As always your inputs are appreciated!
david42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2014, 09:57   #105  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by david42 View Post
Occasionally the Remove Useless Stuff runs into a problem because a title needs to be moved to the end of the DVD and the VM_TT_SRPT gets corrupted (somehow) into thinking the title belongs to a VTS that it has already removed earlier in the Remove or from a previous Remove Useless Stuff.
Can you give me more info? I need a way to reproduce the problem and I'll try to fix it.
You can also send me the PgcEdit-backup of a DVD "ready to crash" when applying Remove Useless Stuff. (I need the IFOs and the VOBs of the menus with buttons only.)
My email address can be found near the bottom of the PgcEdit home page.
Quote:
... but fixing the VM_TT_SRPT is not a task I've found in it. Doing it myself makes it sounds like a job for some other program perhaps IfoEdit? The problem is I'm unsure how a VM_TT_SRPT is laid out so deleting 24 sequential Titles while saving the 2nd to last one of a 25 titles sequence is tricky.
It's even more tricky than just having to remove some entries from the table. If you remove some titles, the subsequent Title numbers are decreased, and you will have to fix all JumpTT commands in the DVD. PgcEdit does it automatically, but it's not something easy to do manually.
Quote:
Am I going in wrong direction (ie. program) or is there any explanation of how to fix a VM_TT_SRPT table as PgcEdit recommends?
IMO, the easiest way to avoid that bug is to prepare the DVD before applying Remove Useless Stuff, and remap the title numbers and move manually the VTSs so that PgcEdit will not have to remap them automatically later.

Use Info -> Find Uncalled PGCs to locate the uncalled Titles and the VTSs containing only uncalled PGCs.

Then, use Title -> Remap Title numbers to move the unused title numbers to the end of the list.

Similarly, use DVD -> Remap Titlesets to move the unreferenced titlesets to the end of the DVD.

At this point, you should be able to apply Remove Useless Stuff without problem, but as an additional precaution, I suggest to use DVD -> Delete Uncalled VTSs followed by Delete Uncalled PGCs, instead of Remove Useless Stuff, that does many things in one shot. If everything went OK, you can then use Remove Useless Stuff.

Of course, if at some point the program crashes again, please let me know exactly what you did.
Old 2nd February 2014, 02:40   #106  |  Link
david42
Former Technical Janitor

Sending the menu VOBs is problematic because they contain proprietary image data so even though I may own the DVD and fair use to back it up doesn't give me the right to propagate it legal thing.

Funny thing is I did what you recommend and was even tighter about it.

Info that may help includes -

First the title is Jackass: Bad Grandpa. Second I used DVDFab HD Decrypter version 8.2.3.0 (after it is scanned switch from full DVD -> customize then check all titles) to backup the files to HDD.

Third I noticed (winXP Pro) Pgcedit v9.3 start-up warning windows about some of the titles couldn't be deleted until after moving them to the last VTS which caused me to reorder all of them so it wouldn't keep coming back later on other useless titles. I continued on by editing the speccial features menu completely; then the audio menu away (and the title PGC user flag allowing it) and modified the subtitle menu and PGC to limit the choices to English and None with Play and Main choices as well. The Subtitle mennu PGC was changed so it checks current SPRM-2 and highlights the opposite button to make it easier for the user to minimize navigating buttons. Fourth I traced playing the movie, exercising all the menu choices, then during play of the movie did breaks and clicked on any menu PGCs allowed by the movie PGC option flags. Finally I did a movie play->break->and ran the trace from the First Play PGC.

After that I knew which PGCs and titles were unused, I manually deleted all commands in them and then checked if they were called and evaluated/edited the calling PGCs thus removing their calls. I basically completed re-authored the whole DVD until it had only optimized commands throughout. Next was time to clean it up as you stated I first ran Remove uncalled titles then Remove uncalled PGCs. At that point I exited PgcEdit to check out how I was doing on disk space and take a rest.

When I started PgcEdit up again it complained, as I sent you in this thread yesterday, for each title 1-22 & 24-25 which were all that was left.

PS: I've cleanly done PgcEdit re-author/optimizing many times and suspect that is NOT a glitch on my part here. This type of problem seems to be Paramount specific from having seeing it before a handful of times in the past year. Of course they're getting better at moving the titles around to muck things up. (8>)

Let me take another more layered attack at it and see if there's something I can share. By the way, would it be possible for me to ship you only the bad VIDEO_TS.ifo file I've created (if telling me how to fix it's VM_TT_SRPT is too difficult). I could then use that bad ifo to let me change the DVD title #s and save then restart PgcEdit with the fixed ifo file. Can that work? Maybe it's easier to try telling me how to modify the ifo myself.

It'll take me a couple of days to try redoing the re--author/optimize again so hold off responding unless I get back to you. I'm not too clear on which PgcEdit Backup folder you were asking me to get the menu vob/ifo's from because there's end up being multiple such folders?

PS: Thank you much for your help and wisdom which is greatly appreciated!!!
Old 2nd February 2014, 09:06   #107  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Thanks for the long explanation, but unfortunately, that doesn't help me much. I need to know exactly what you did just before the crash. That means that you should redo everything, but save after each important steps, close and restart PgcEdit. Then, when the bug happens, you should keep the last backup (with the VOBs) for future reference. It's that backup that I have requested.

Unfortunately, I can't do much with VIDEO_TS.IFO alone (and BTW, the IFOs are also copyrighted). And as I said, fixing the table manually can lead to additional problems, such as broken navigation.

So, I can only suggest to undo your last(s) incremental backup(s), up to the point where the DVD was still correct, and redo, step by step, the operations you did after that point. If you can locate exactly the operation that caused the problem, maybe I'll be able to debug, but that will be difficult anyway.
Old 2nd February 2014, 14:53   #108  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Thanks david42 for bumping this thread, as I have owed r0lZ a donation for a long time and will make one via PayPal today!

I don't work with DVDs much any more but when I do need to "jump to the movie" or whatever PgcEdit has always worked well for me! Well OK I have found a few discs for which the "jump to" doesn't work but I don't think that's your proggies fault. In any case thanks for the great tool and for your devoted presence here these many years r0lZ!
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2014, 15:57   #109  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Thanks for the thanks, and for the donation, laserfan. :-)
Old 14th February 2014, 21:32   #110  |  Link
david42
Former Technical Janitor

Resume question

Please advise if there is a minor problem with how PgcEdit v9.3 (used on winXP Pro 32-bit) handles "RSM" when tracing.

I look at the movie title PGC (let's call it title_1) to check which menus are callable for resume from title_1. Next is tracing to step into playing the movie BUT break before letting all the chapters play just to check if I can resume from the appropriate menu(s). Typically RootM and SubpicM are callable during playing of a movie.

If I don't "step through all the movie chapters before executing a resume/play from a menu" it has trouble (halts on the RSM) in code like this :
if( gprm(15)=1 ) then { RSM }
(JumpVTS_TT) jump to TTN 1 in this VTS
Where gprm(15) gets set to 1 in TTN1 before playing and set to 0 after.

I know that this sequence on a actual DVD player let's me resume so am unsure why I've seen it in PgcEdit on any DVD whihc uses the RSM command.

Perhaps this is a some resume state variable in the tracing code that currently only gets set after the movie plays completely yet which should possibly get set the movie first starts playing during a trace session?

I'm just guessing at what RSM means so if it's not a problem; please tell me a bit about what to expect RSM to do.

THANX
Old 14th February 2014, 22:47   #111  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

I don't understand the problem. It works fine here.

When a Title has been "visited", it is automatically defined as the resume point. If it has been interrupted manually by pressing a menu button, the resume point is the current position in the movie. Otherwise, the resume point is the beginning of the cell specified in the CallSS command that has been executed to quit the Title PGC and jump to the menu.

PgcEdit saves the resume point when it's necessary, and when a RSM command is executed, the nav returns to that point. At least, it's what it is supposed to do.

Note that the nav can resume with a RSM command and if the user presses the Root menu button when the Root menu is playing (or Title Menu when the VMGM is playing). However, the player may crash (and PgcEdit issues an error message) if RSM is executed before any title has been visited, as there is still no resume point to jump to. Also, to resume with the menu button, a video must be playing. You cannot resume when the nav is somewhere in the pre, post or cell commands section of the PGC, or anywhere in a dummy PGC. It is also possible to prohibit resuming with PUOs. The RSM command should resume anyway, regardless of the PUOs, as long as there is already a valid resume point.

I have just verified, and it's what PgcEdit does, so I don't understand what is not working as expected in your case. If you need more info, can you post the Trace log?

Last edited by r0lZ; 14th February 2014 at 22:52.
Old 14th February 2014, 22:58   #112  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

I have read again your explanation, and I note this:
Quote:
Next is tracing to step into playing the movie BUT break before letting all the chapters play just to check if I can resume from the appropriate menu(s).
Break is just a PgcEdit trick to control the trace, and is not related at all to the real navigation. You cannot simply break the trace, then select a menu manually, and continue to trace from that position. You have to click the Root, Title or any other menu button to jump to the corresponding menu. It's when you do that that the resume point is recorded by PgcEdit. Is it what you did?
Old 15th February 2014, 23:49   #113  |  Link
david42
Former Technical Janitor

Quote:
Break is just a PgcEdit trick to control the trace, and is not related at all to the real navigation. You cannot simply break the trace, then select a menu manually, and continue to trace from that position. You have to click the Root, Title or any other menu button to jump to the corresponding menu. It's when you do that that the resume point is recorded by PgcEdit. Is it what you did?
Sounds like I need to study the last 2 emails in detail because my "guess" at how to check out resume in trace mode was way off.

I'll check out what happens when using it per your inputs and let you know. It's likely questions will follow as I try to learn the correct way to do it.

Sorry if it initially came off as sounding like PgcEdit has a resume problem. I do maintain that PgcEdit is the coolest program ever written for authoring backups!

Thanks for the inputs so I can see how it really works.

THANX
Old 4th March 2014, 03:57   #114  |  Link
david42
Former Technical Janitor

is the menu 4x3 or 16x9

Perhaps this is a strange/silly question but here goes...

When I look at a menu using Cntrl-M can I depend on the picture of it that comes up to detect if it is 4x3 (square) or 16x9 (rectangular)?

If not, is there another way for me to tell whether the menu is for Analog or HD?

THANX
Old 4th March 2014, 04:12   #115  |  Link
david42
Former Technical Janitor

Rsm

Quote:

Yes that is what I did before the movie completed playing by using "Close and Break" while a movie cell was playing.

Maybe it is best to reset the question by explaining what I'm trying to do...

When I play a DVD, in an actual DVD player, it is possible for me (while the movie is playing) to call the subtitle menu, change to turning on English, then use (depending on the code in that movie's PGC's) Play or Resume buttons in the Subtitle or Main menus to continue watching the movie from where it was playing (before I changed the subtitle choice.

Since it depends on the code on the DVD PGC's I 'assumed' that it is related to commands containing RSM. So I was curious how to (while Trace is on) stop in a movie cell and call up the Subtitle menu (if the movie Prohibited Operations allows) continue executing in the Subtitle menu; so I can confirm my that the re-authoring I'm doing will work on an actual DVD Player.

THANX
Old 4th March 2014, 10:00   #116  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Yes, it's possible. If the Preview window is opened, you can click the red button "Close and Break trace", but it's not absolutely necessary. You can also simply move the window out of the way to access the Trace panel.
Similarly, in the Trace panel (aka the Virtual Player panel), you can click the Break button, but again, it's not necessary. The only advantage of clicking Break at this point is that you can examine easily the current state of the GPRMs, SPRMs, PUOs and the trace log, and you can continue the trace in step by step mode if you need to carefully examine how the DVD reacts.

In the Trace panel, if there are no PUOs prohibiting to jump to the subtitle menu, the SubPic menu should be available. Just click it, and, if you have broken the trace before, continue it (in Step or Run mode). The SubPicM entry PGC of the current VTS will be called immediately. (If that entry PGC is not defined, PgcEdit will issue the message "! USER: Target menu not found. No Action." in the trace log, and the nav will stay in the current PGC, where you can continue to play the movie.)

Of course, the fact that the SubPicM PGC is defined and there are no PUOs prohibitting to call it is not sufficient to ensure that you can change the subtitle stream and return immediately from the menu to the movie. The nav of the menu must have been explicitly created (or modified) with that possibility in mind.

In other words, you can use the buttons of the Trace panel just like the buttons of a real remote. They should act identically. (In addition of the trace panel, you can also use the cursor keys and the Return key on your keyboard to simulate the arrows and the OK button of a real remote when a menu with buttons or a title with BOVs is playing, but that's another story.)
Old 4th March 2014, 10:33   #117  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Perhaps this is a strange/silly question but here goes...

When I look at a menu using Cntrl-M can I depend on the picture of it that comes up to detect if it is 4x3 (square) or 16x9 (rectangular)?

If not, is there another way for me to tell whether the menu is for Analog or HD?

THANX
Yes and no. The aspect ratio of the menu depends of the way it has been created, as you suspected, but also of the settings you have defined via Trace -> Virtual Player Setup, in the Video Setup frame.

The aspect ratio of the menu is defined by the stream attributes of the menu domain. Have a look at the stream attributes of your menu by right-clicking any VTSM PGC of the current VTS and selecting Domain Stream Attributes. In the Video frame, you can see if the 4:3 or 16:9 mode is defined. When the 4:3 mode is defined, the menu can be played only in 4:3, and will appear with vertical black borders on a 16:9 TV. In PgcEdit, it will be displayed always in 4:3 in the Preview window and in the menu viewer and editor, regardless of the settings of the virtual player.

(The Source Picture Letterboxed is an option that can be ticked when the video is a 16:9 video but it has been encoded in 4:3 with horizontal black borders. Some players can crop the black borders and zoom in the image to show it full screen on a 16:9 TV, but it's not the real 16:9 anamorphic mode. Anyway, that mode is extremely rarely used with a menu.)

If the 16:9 mode is defined in Stream Attributes, there are two additional options that can be enabled: Automatic Letterbox or Automatic Pan&Scan. At least one of these 2 modes MUST be enabled. Sometimes (but rarely), the two modes are enabled.
When a 16:9 menu is displayed on a 16:9 TV (or, with PgcEdit, when the 16:9 TV is selected in the Virtual Player Setup), the menu is displayed full screen, in its original 16:9 aspect ratio. But when the same menu is displayed on a 4:4 TV (or in PgcEdit with the 4:3 TV option), the way it is shown depends of the Automatic LB or P&S option of Domain Stream Attributes. When Automatic LB only is selected, it is displayed in 16:9 with horizontal black borders to fill in the remaining space in the 4:3 screen. When Automatic P&S option is selected, the right and left borders of the 16:9 image are cropped, and the menu is displayed without black borders on the 4:3 screen (but with some parts hidden). Usually, most 16:9 menus use that Automatic P&S option alone, but in some rare cases, the two Automatic modes are selected at the same time. When it's the case, the player should use the mode that the user has selected in the player's preferences. For example, if you have selected "4:3 TV - Display 16:9 preferably as Letterboxed" and the two options have been enabled in Domain Stream Attributes, then the player will react as if only Automatic LB was active.

So, to reply to your question, the simplest way to see if a menu has been designed for 16:9 or 4:3 is to look at Domain Stream Attributes. Having a look at the Menu viewer is also a good indication, but don't forget that a 16:9 menu will be displayed in 4:3 (with or without horizontal black borders), if the 4:3 TV option has been selected in the player's preferences.

Note that you should NEVER change the 4:3/16:9 or Automatci options in Domain Stream Attributes, unless you know exactly what you are doing. The button highlights of the menu must be designed especially for each mode, and if you force another mode, they will disappear or be misplaced. Although it's safer, it doesn't make much sense to tick the Source Picture Letterboxed option of a 4:3 menu. You can change these options with PgcEdit, but you should do it only with the Title domains (VTST), when the title has been encoded in the wrong format.

I'm not suer what you call "analog or HD". There is no HD on DVD, and everything is digital. I guess you mean 4:3 and 16:9, right?
Old 5th March 2014, 00:05   #118  |  Link
david42
Former Technical Janitor

Quote:
I'm not suer what you call "analog or HD". There is no HD on DVD, and everything is digital. I guess you mean 4:3 and 16:9, right?
Sorry. I forgot that Europe and USA standards were different before HD came about here.

Analog is what the pre-digital tv's in the USA used which was 4:3. By HD I meant 16:9 which is a number of digital resolutions (eg. 720P, 1280I, & 1280P in the USA). There is also a digital 480I which is 4:3 in the USA.

THANX
Old 8th March 2014, 01:31   #119  |  Link
manono

Quote:
...(eg. 720P, 1280I, & 1280P in the USA).
Do you mean 1080i and 1080p? And these resolutions have nothing to do with DVD.
Quote:
There is also a digital 480I which is 4:3 in the USA.
Given that all NTSC DVDs output 480i, then 4:3 doesn't enter into it. But 16:9 DVDs can be encoded as interlaced also, and will always output 480i at 29.97fps.
manono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2014, 09:47   #120  |  Link
david42
Former Technical Janitor

problem editing 007 Dr. No DVD

I'm using the PgcEdit v9.4b4 (February 20, 2014) and have the same problem using v9.3. I run this on winXP Pro (32bit).

When I open the VIDEO_TS it starts ok but as soon as I attempt to remove uncalled PGC's or VTS's or run FixVts it throws an ERROR window pop-up and the bottom status line tells me to exit immediately and start up PgcEdit again. When I start it up again and it opens the VIDEO_TS folder it gets into scanning it when it suddenly pops up a Console Window which ends with the message "Error sourcing /Tcl/Work/PGCEDIT/PgcEdit.tcl: extra characters after close-quote () 1 %"

I re-ripped using ripit4me and end up with the same problem even if I immediately do a vobblanker then a mock-strip.

This is a 1962 James Bond movie that MGM made a "Special Edition" DVD of in 2000 so it surprises me that it is being problematic.

Any ideas how I can get around this editing issue would be appreciated?!

THANX