Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 9th April 2010, 22:17   #7641  |  Link
jdobbs

Hmmm... I obviously screwed the pooch on that compile. I'll fix it and upload again. This is really weird.

Last edited by jdobbs; 9th April 2010 at 22:25.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2010, 23:03   #7642  |  Link
jdobbs

New Release: BD Rebuilder v0.33.04 (beta)

I have updated the first link of this thread with a new link to the latest version of BD-RB (v0.33.04). Changes for this version:
Code:
- Moved the reporting from "INSPECT.EXE" into BD-RB so
  it will be activated after any encoding failure.
- Made tweaks to the "Automatic Quality Settings" that
  adjusts a little more finely based on source size.
- Corrected an error in which movie-only alternate
  output could error when the original satisfied the
  output sizing "no reencode necessary" criteria.
- Corrected a bug introduced in v0.33.03 that would
  result in runtime error 11.
- Updated the included version of X264.EXE to the
  latest release (r1523).
- Other minor corrections and cosmetic fixes.
Sorry about the confusion on v0.33.03...
Old 9th April 2010, 23:47   #7643  |  Link
gerald410

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I have updated the first link of this thread with a new link to the latest version of BD-RB (v0.33.04). Changes for this version:
Code:
- Moved the reporting from "INSPECT.EXE" into BD-RB so
  it will be activated after any encoding failure.
- Made tweaks to the "Automatic Quality Settings" that
  adjusts a little more finely based on source size.
- Corrected an error in which movie-only alternate
  output could error when the original satisfied the
  output sizing "no reencode necessary" criteria.
- Corrected a bug introduced in v0.33.03 that would
  result in runtime error 11.
- Updated the included version of X264.EXE to the
  latest release (r1523).
- Other minor corrections and cosmetic fixes.
Sorry about the confusion on v0.33.03...
Thx for your great program Can't wait to begin testing lol

Last edited by gerald410; 9th April 2010 at 23:49.
gerald410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2010, 00:14   #7644  |  Link
woodman

Quote:
I'm not, and I'ver watched a backup of that movie on my Sony S360.
Thanks jdobbs; I was thinking of buying the S360, it might fix a lot of the playback isues
woodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2010, 00:43   #7645  |  Link
Shuttle99

Not sure whats going on I just installed 33.04 and am converting a movie only to DVD9 and both progress bars are identical like its going to do 1 pass, unlike they have been where the overall lagged behind for a 2 pass? Now lookking aT BDrebuilder it does say its going to be 1 pass. This must be something new in this version because I didn't change any of the settings. Will this be Ok compared to a 2 pass?

Last edited by Shuttle99; 10th April 2010 at 00:47.
Shuttle99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2010, 02:07   #7646  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuttle99 View Post
Not sure whats going on I just installed 33.04 and am converting a movie only to DVD9 and both progress bars are identical like its going to do 1 pass, unlike they have been where the overall lagged behind for a 2 pass? Now lookking aT BDrebuilder it does say its going to be 1 pass. This must be something new in this version because I didn't change any of the settings. Will this be Ok compared to a 2 pass?
That's very possible if you have "Automatic" checked as I use a formula for the settings that is based on the output size. It should be fine -- but make sure you give me feedback if it's not so I can make more adjustments. I'm trying to make "Automatic" do some of the thinking needed so time can be saved. If you want to force two-pass, just unselect "Automatic" and unclick the "One Pass ABR" option"

Last edited by jdobbs; 10th April 2010 at 02:09.
Old 10th April 2010, 02:14   #7647  |  Link
Shuttle99

Will do, I have always had the automatic selected and it has lways done 2 pas on dvd9 so this is the first time it has ever done a 1 pass. 28 gig normally does 2 pass in about 5 hours but one pass took only 2 hours. I am burning now and will watch it and hope it works good because that will save a lot of time.
Shuttle99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2010, 02:27   #7648  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuttle99 View Post
Will do, I have always had the automatic selected and it has lways done 2 pas on dvd9 so this is the first time it has ever done a 1 pass. 28 gig normally does 2 pass in about 5 hours but one pass took only 2 hours. I am burning now and will watch it and hope it works good because that will save a lot of time.
I've been tweaking it to try and always choose the best balance of speed and quality. There is also a hidden option that can adjust BD-RB's bias in "Automatic" mode. It's documented in the HIDDENOPTS.TXT file:

AUTO_BIAS=n

n = 0/1/2 - Default= 1, Auto Quality bias, 0=higher speed, 1=normal, 2=higher quality

Last edited by jdobbs; 10th April 2010 at 02:30.
Old 10th April 2010, 07:33   #7649  |  Link
x400

Hi i just tried this program, it converted my bd perfectly (it was only a 27gb file i shrunk down for a bd-25)

However, my computer has no Sound anymore when trying to play Video files.... no program will play a video file, the video plays just the sound is nil

i can still have sounds from say mp3's and windows sounds (test file sounds work as well for the speakers) youtube works too

its just my avi's mkv's m2ts etc
x400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2010, 10:19   #7650  |  Link
Discoboy

Quote:
They should work the same way whether resized or no... but maybe I missed something. I'll take a look.
Hi Jdobbs,

Did you find anytime to look at this issue of the forced subs missing after resizing from 1080p to 720p?

I tested the latest v0.33.04 (beta) and the forced subs are still not display separately from the main subs. Forced subs are still working correctly if 1080p size in not resized down to 720p.

A good latest movie to test on is "2012" at 1hr:19mins where they talk in Chinese.

Many thanks

Last edited by Discoboy; 10th April 2010 at 10:21.
Discoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2010, 13:58   #7651  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by x400 View Post
Hi i just tried this program, it converted my bd perfectly (it was only a 27gb file i shrunk down for a bd-25)

However, my computer has no Sound anymore when trying to play Video files.... no program will play a video file, the video plays just the sound is nil

i can still have sounds from say mp3's and windows sounds (test file sounds work as well for the speakers) youtube works too

its just my avi's mkv's m2ts etc
It has to be something outside of BD-RB. I'd look at any other installations or configuration changes you may have made recentely. BD Rebuilder makes no changes to your system related to audio at all. It doesn't even use the system codecs to decode audio, it uses NicAudio.dll via AVISYNTH.

You may also want to check FFDSHOW's audio configuration and see what is and is not enabled.

Last edited by jdobbs; 10th April 2010 at 14:03.
Old 10th April 2010, 19:44   #7652  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discoboy View Post
Hi Jdobbs,

Did you find anytime to look at this issue of the forced subs missing after resizing from 1080p to 720p?

I tested the latest v0.33.04 (beta) and the forced subs are still not display separately from the main subs. Forced subs are still working correctly if 1080p size in not resized down to 720p.

A good latest movie to test on is "2012" at 1hr:19mins where they talk in Chinese.

Many thanks
Was it a movie-only encode where you had to select the sub to default on, or a full backup?
Old 10th April 2010, 20:30   #7653  |  Link
Discoboy

I’ve never used BD_RB to default the subs to be on. I just select the main English sub which will include the forced subs in it.

I only ever run movie only projects.

For a 1080p movie only project the forced subs only will automatically be shown on my players.

For a 720p resized movie only project the forced subs will not automatically be shown. You have to additionally select the subs to be shown by the player, but then the players shows all subs and not just the forced subs and so not want I wanted to archive.

It seems to me that during BD_RB’s resizing the subs are resized but the forced subs are somehow not being defaulted to being ON separately when played on a player.

I hope the above make sense to you?

If you need more info just ask?
Old 10th April 2010, 21:24   #7654  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
I’ve never used BD_RB to default the subs to be on. I just select the main English sub which will include the forced subs in it.

I only ever run movie only projects.

For a 1080p movie only project the forced subs only will automatically be shown on my players.

For a 720p resized movie only project the forced subs will not automatically be shown. You have to additionally select the subs to be shown by the player, but then the players shows all subs and not just the forced subs and so not want I wanted to archive.

It seems to me that during BD_RB’s resizing the subs are resized but the forced subs are somehow not being defaulted to being ON separately when played on a player.

I hope the above make sense to you?

If you need more info just ask?
Hmmm... I'll have to think about this one and do some research. I didn't think any subs could force on (except hard subs that are in the film) in a movie-only encode by default (I have to tell it do to so).

Last edited by jdobbs; 10th April 2010 at 21:31.
Old 10th April 2010, 21:42   #7655  |  Link
Discoboy

If it helps you to locate the problem and or a work around for it. I’ve found that RipBot264 seems to have a way around this issue:

When using Ripbot264 to process this movie and after extracting the subs if there are any forced subs it creates 2 separate sub files for selection and loading into the encoding project i.e. subs and forced_subs.

So you can just select the forced_subs and not the main subs.

If you then want to resize from 1080p to 720p, RipBot automatically resizes the forced_subs file for you.
Old 10th April 2010, 21:46   #7656  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
If it helps you to locate the problem and or a work around for it. I’ve found that RipBot264 seems to have a way around this issue:

When using Ripbot264 to process this movie and after extracting the subs if there are any forced subs it creates 2 separate sub files for selection and loading into the encoding project i.e. subs and forced_subs.

So you can just select the forced_subs and not the main subs.

If you then want to resize from 1080p to 720p, RipBot automatically resizes the forced_subs file for you.
Thanks. I'll do some testing with "2012" and figure it out.
Old 10th April 2010, 21:51   #7657  |  Link
Discoboy

I understood there to be 3 types of subs:

1. Hardcoded types in the film such as location names, dates and times info in the movie

2. Forced subs that pop-up during a different language dialog otherwise you would not know what was being said

3. Standard subs which you turn on with the player if you want complete subs on thorough the film even though the language is the same
Old 10th April 2010, 23:37   #7658  |  Link
Hookahice

Bugs/Problems Reporting

Hi Everyone,

First I would like to say THANK YOU for this awesome program!!! jdobbs, you are the fucking man for getting us thus far with BD Rebuilder. Great work!
I have been testing BD Rebuilder for many months now and have successfully re-encoded over 100 Blu-Rays.
Here are some of the feedbacks/bugs I have encountered overtime using BD Rebuilder, hopefully some can be fixed for the next version. If you notice however, that some things are wrong on my end, please let me know.

My Configuration:
I use ONLY the BD 25GB output option since I only burn movies on my blank 25GB BD's.
My testing device is PS3. I don't consider my computer BD burner/drive as a testing device since I have seen many times that computers with BD drives sometimes CAN play BD's that have wrong BD structure or will not play on standalone players but are fine on the computer.
So if it works on my PS3, it also works on my friend's Sony standalone player and I place the movie in my "verified & works" BD's spindle.
INSPECT.EXE:
- Windows Version: 6.1 [7600]
- AVISYNTH Version: 2.5.7.0, Ok
- HAALI Splitter: Ok
- FFDSHOW: 3326, Ok
- WIN7 preferred AVC CODEC: Ok
- WIN7 preferred VC-1 CODEC: Ok
- WIN7 preferred MPEG2 CODEC: Ok
- FFDSHOW VC-1 set incorrectly: [0]
- FFDSHOW MPEG2 set to "libavcodec": Ok
- FFDSHOW AVC set to "libavcodec": Ok
- BD Rebuilder v0.33.0.4, Ok
- X264: Ok
- AFTEN: Ok
- FAAC: Ok
- MP4BOX: Ok
- WAVI: Ok
- TSMUXER: Ok

All other settings are default. Nothing has been changed or modified in the ini file. (worked fine for the 100+ BD's I have done so far...) The only thing that I change back and forth is weather I want a "Full" or "Movie-Only" encodes. Which all still remain @ 25GB output.

So let's get to the bugs/problems:

Issue 1 - Disk Space:
If the working folder (Drives) runs out of space while in the process of re-encode, BD Rebuilder freezes (not-responding). It would be nice to have a message regarding this error + prompt a message with 2 options: "Abort" & "Retry". This way I can move some files (other junk in the drive somewhere else) and click "Retry" after I know I freed up some space to continue process...

Issue 2 - Foreign Characters:
Some of the BD's that I am trying to re-encode are not A1 region but C3. That means that the title/label may have a foreign characters in it (even though it is an American movie).

This causes BD Rebuilder to display ???? in its GUI interface (in place where the title goes) and in turn generate an error when the re-encoding process starts and Command Prompt is opened to remux the audio into the working folder. The reason this is happening is because Windows file system cannot create a folder with the "?" character since it's considered invalid. And BD Rebuilder creates a folder based on the title name which in this case is ????
See attached file (WinSharLimit) to see you cannot create a folder with special characters.

It would be nice to have the Unicode enabled/integrated but if it's too much work, have "Unidentified" instead of ???? or some other title that replaces "?" characters.

Issue 3 - Subtitles:
Often with all the movies I re-encode to fit on my 25GB BD's, I tend to remove other subtitles which I don't need. (Only need English). Everything goes as usual however when I test my BD on my PS3, and click the subtitle option, it goes from 1.English to 2.Spanish, 3. French and so on... only that the actual subtitles which works (displays) is only English. Others just stay blank.
It seems like that BD Rebuilder DOES remove the subtitles but doesn't remove the reference (or link) in the options. So if a movie has for instance 20 language subtitles, and you chose to remove 19 leaving English only - you have to scroll through 20 subtitle options in the PS3 which 19 of them are not even there... see what I'm saying - hopefully I made myself clear and not too confusing...

Issue 4 - Sherlock Holmes BD:
I have Sherlock Holmes BD which I am trying to re-encode (movie-only, not Full) into 25GB and 15 minutes into the process the following error:
-----------------------
[03:15:39] BD Rebuilder v0.33.04 (beta)
- Source: SHERLOCK_HOLMES_2009_BLURAY_1080P_VC-1_DTS-HD_MA_5.1
- Input BD size: 25.06 GB
- Approximate total content: [02:08:24.738]
- Target BD size: 22.66 GB
- MOVIE-ONLY mode enabled
- One Pass ABR Mode enabled
- Audio Settings: AC3=1 DTS=1 HD=0 Kbs=640
[03:15:39] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [03:15:39] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00155]
- [03:28:46] Reencoding: VID_00155 (1 of 23)
- [03:28:46] Collecting video information
- Source Video: VC-1, 1920x1080
- Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 1,645 frames
- Bitrate: 22,440 Kbs
- [03:28:46] Reencoding: VID_00155, Pass 1 of 1
- Encode failed. Retrying.
- Encode failed. Retrying.
- Reached retry limit. Aborting.
- BD-Rebuilder v0.33.04 (beta)
- AVISYNTH Version: 2.5.7.0, Ok
- HAALI Splitter: Ok
- FFDSHOW: 3326, Ok
- WIN7 preferred AVC CODEC: Ok
- WIN7 preferred VC-1 CODEC: Ok
- WIN7 preferred MPEG2 CODEC: Ok
- FFDSHOW VC-1 set incorrectly: [0]
- FFDSHOW MPEG2 set to "libavcodec": Ok
- FFDSHOW AVC set to "libavcodec": Ok
- X264: Ok
- AFTEN: Ok
- FAAC: Ok
- MP4BOX: Ok
- WAVI: Ok
- TSMUXER: Ok
[03:31:51] - Failed video encode, aborted

Any suggestions with this - nothing different with what I am doing here usually???

Issue 5 - New Rambo Film BD:
This is a problem that I encountered only with this film so far and it's very wired.
I also want to note that I have not re-tested the re-encoding of this with the new version of BD Rebuilder. It was done 2 months ago with an older version that was out at the time (can't remember which one)
So the problem is that when I tried to recode this film (can't remember if it was full or Movie-only) the disc starts playing normally on my PS3 but once it gets to "chapter 2" into the movie, the audio suddenly switches to the director's commentary audio track which the video remains the same but I start hearing all the comments made by the director on each scene. Skipping to Chapter 3 get it back to the normal sound track but it happens every few selected chapters (not random) which is very weird. It seems during the re-encode/remux of this film in BD Rebuilder, it associated the wrong audio tracks to the wrong video tracks... is this something that was resolved in the new (current) versions of BD Rebuilder? Or is it something on my end I am doing wrong?

Thanks for taking the time and reading this long thread.
This program is excellent, much appreciation!!!
-Liran
Attached Images

Hookahice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2010, 00:31   #7659  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

about your issue nr 4. you don't have FFDShow set correctly for VC-1 video. Wich is probably the culprit. Go to the very first post and follow instructions. Search for VC-1 if you have to
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2010, 02:24   #7660  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
I understood there to be 3 types of subs:

1. Hardcoded types in the film such as location names, dates and times info in the movie

2. Forced subs that pop-up during a different language dialog otherwise you would not know what was being said

3. Standard subs which you turn on with the player if you want complete subs on thorough the film even though the language is the same
True, but I still thought you'd have to turn the forced subs on with a register just like a normal sub. Maybe I got it wrong.