Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Announcements and Chat > Forum / Site Suggestions & Help

Old 16th October 2019, 21:24   #1  |  Link
stax76

About the the vBulletin software the forum runs on

I think there are some issues with the forum software, things that don't work are:

1. E-mail notifications, at least some threads don't work, there was a thread about it so more people are affected.

2. Posting images don't work, at least with my High DPI setup it's hardly usable, images are two big and the layout breaks.

3. Code with long lines also breaks the layout.

Of course, it's work and costs money to update or migrate the forum software but how about raising funds using a crowdfunding platform? Any other ideas?

Last edited by stax76; 16th October 2019 at 21:27.
stax76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2019, 21:40   #2  |  Link
stax76

img:

Old 16th October 2019, 21:43   #3  |  Link
stax76

code:

Code:
public static List<KeyValuePair<string, Action<bool>>> BoolPropChangeActions { get; set; } = new List<KeyValuePair<string, Action<bool>>>(); public static List<KeyValuePair<string, Action<bool>>> BoolPropChangeActions { get; set; } = new List<KeyValuePair<string, Action<bool>>>();
Old 28th October 2019, 18:39   #4  |  Link
patrick_

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
Of course, it's work and costs money to update or migrate the forum software but how about raising funds using a crowdfunding platform? Any other ideas?
I'd say that a forum like this can get easy funding using Patreon. If -and I'm not sure about this because I've been gone for a long time- this place is still alive, because it looks as dead as the doom9.org TLD (and www subdomain BTW).
patrick_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2019, 03:42   #5  |  Link
filler56789
SuperVirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
Any other ideas?
Surely. Create a successor to Doom9, e.g., a Doom9two forum and then HTML-copy all topics and posts written to Doom9 thus far.
The new forum could use phpBB (freeware and good) instead of vBulletin, why not?

One thing that should be obvious but it's not: nothing lasts forever. Besides, the web is as solid as quicksand :-/
The admin chimes in once in a blue moon and this forum has already been compared to a ghost town
filler56789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2019, 20:46   #6  |  Link
stax76

Obviously you are not into Hip Hop otherwise you would know that Wu Tang lasts forever.