Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20th September 2015, 14:12   #10  |  Link
nalor

Released FindVUK 0.65 - it should fix all problems reported by shadowofdarkness and has a few additional features

After the last keydb update of Starbuck2010 I noticed there are a few discs with volumename 'BDROM' - as this isn't that meaningful I implemented a new feature that reads the movie-title from the meta-files on the disc.
The metafiles can be available for different languages - and so I've introduced 2 new ini parameters for this feature:

Section 'BlurayMeta'
  • PreferredLanguages - this allows to specify an order of preferred languages, e.g. 'deu,fra,ita,spa,eng' means that it should try to read at first the german title, in case it's not available read the french title, next the italian title, ... in case this parameter is empty it always tries to read the english title and when this isn't available it simply takes the first meta file available. so usually you only have to specify your own language (in case it's different from english) and not a complete list
  • AlwaysAddMetaTitleToVolumename - usually the meta-title is only added to the volumename in the keydb-file when the volumename is 'BDROM' - when you set this parameter to 1 it is always added

(Update 201510111: I've checked FindVUK 0.80 with my complete bluray-library and there are the names of all languages that I've found on my discs:
  • ces = czech
  • deu = german (also found 'gem' on IceAge3 that is also german - taking care of it internally in FindVUK)
  • eng = english
  • fra = french
  • hun = hungarian
  • ita = italian
  • jpn = japanese
  • nld = dutch
  • pol = polish
  • rus = russian
  • spa = spanish
  • tur = turkish
So basically I think the ISO 639-2/T 3 character codes are used: Wikipedia-List_of_ISO_639-1_codes
)

When the meta-title is added to the volumename it is surrounded by parenthesis - e.g. BDROM (This is the Meta-Title)
In case the volumename is BDROM but no meta-files are available on the disc (as it is for example on the Resident Evil bluray) FindVUK asks you to input the Movie Title manually - in this case it is added to the volumename and surrounded by square brackets - e.g. BDROM [Resident Evil]

The next thing I noticed when studying the post from Starbuck2010 is that the comments field in the keyfile is limited to 40 characters - so I shortened everything that FindVUK writes in the comment section to stay within this limit:
  • changed all ' - ' separator to '/'
  • changed 'BusEncrEn' to 'BEE'
  • changed 'MKBrev xx' to 'MKBvxx'
  • changed 'VUKNOTVALIDATED!!' warning to 'VUKNOTVAL!'
>> at the moment even in the worst case it should not exceed 38 characters (e.g. MKBv99/BD+/BEE/VUKNOTVAL!/FindVUK 0.65)

And a few bugfixes - the biggest is a correction to a stupid mistake - although I already had a loop to try all available unit-keys I stopped the loop when the first one didn't match...

@shadowofdarkness: please report if it really corrects all your problems - thanks

Last edited by nalor; 11th October 2015 at 21:41. Reason: more details about language codes
nalor is offline   Reply With Quote