Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 3rd June 2010, 15:33   #5761  |  Link
insaneoctane

more info on my new windows 7 installation. on my fifth title the program crashed into the option to debug. i took the avs script file play back in mpc and give me an error that says "can not render file".now what has me most confused is that all the file references in the avs script are playable in mpc. so i'm not sure had trouble shoot this.X
Quote:
Originally Posted by insaneoctane View Post
its me again with windows 7 with the new installation problems trying to work through it and understand what is required to get a working copy of multi avchd on a new installed os.
so i've made progress but i'm not 100 percent fixed yet. i was able to start over and reinstall everything for the directions i read on the board and the biggest difference came for making sure in windows 7 to use the tweak tool that seems to give it a big difference by manually setting everything to use at ffshow now i have a different problem i was able to create a compilation and it was able to process through all of the titles until i got to the motion menu section and then within the first 3 titles i had a machine locked up with the error message the x 264 has quit responding. i noticed when it's creating that motion menus i get at least a dozen icons filling my tray i get 1 of haali and 1 of ffshow and it get some titles well give me the next 264 has stop working. any suggestions?
insaneoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2010, 15:40   #5762  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
In the past the reencoded menu had a smaller than the original file size.
For this particular backup, all is well. But is this normal for the reencoded menu to be larger than the original?
The menu encoding uses different options for the last 4-6 builds to achieve better quality. You can try to disable the option in MENU/Advanced about menu-quality encoding.
Old 3rd June 2010, 15:42   #5763  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaneoctane View Post
more info on my new windows 7 installation. on my fifth title the program crashed into the option to debug. i took the avs script file play back in mpc and give me an error that says "can not render file".now what has me most confused is that all the file references in the avs script are playable in mpc. so i'm not sure had trouble shoot this.X

Try to uninstall avisynth, reboot and install it again (2.58). Until MPC is able to play the menu .avs - I really can't do anything.

//

"Cannot render file" means that either you have no directshow decoder available for the video or you have way to many filters loading and your OS simply can't handle it.

Last edited by deank; 3rd June 2010 at 15:52.
deank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2010, 15:46   #5764  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
The menu encoding uses different options for the last 4-6 builds to achieve better quality. You can try to disable the option in MENU/Advanced about menu-quality encoding.
I prefer the high quality menu look!
I will just prepare in advance my movie backup size to allow for the higher quality/larger menu size.
Thanks deank.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2010, 15:55   #5765  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Well... 40-50MB is not that much if you think of it. Backups are never 100% the DVD/BD size and even 100MB is not that much.

The difference is 6200kbps for HQ menu and 4200kbps with regular-old-style menus. 2mbit difference + some extra parameters to x264, but the bitrate is what counts.

Obviously it will be different everytime you encode a BD menu, because sometimes it (the original) may be encoded with bitrate <4200kbps or >6200kbps and you'll end up with either smaller or larger re-encoded menu file.

Dean
Old 3rd June 2010, 19:54   #5766  |  Link
pio011

Joining M*TS Files and keeping the subs

Hello Deank & all the others,

I am now a proud owner of a AVCHD 1080-Cam: Panasonic SD707. Which is indeed a great cam. And again, multiAVCHD helps me a lot to easily create a great looking Blu Ray of my homevideos. Since the camcorder records each scene as a single file, multiAVCHD has the option to join all the scenes to one title, which is absolutely great, because I don't want to end up with a BR Disc containing 120 seperate screnes. I cannot say it enough: mulitAVCHD is a great tool
But theres one little problem: after joining the files, the subs are gone! Of course, keeping the cam-subs (showing recording date and time) is for me absolutely necessary - it's a good feature when you watch the homevideo after some time and you just want to know, when the scene originally "happened" - you just have to press the "sub" button on your remote.
So Deank, is there a way to keep the original subs while joining the files? That would be so great!!

Thanks & greets!

PS: I was very amazed, that after joinging the files, there's automatically created an index with chapters for each scene! WOW!! Things can be so easy

Last edited by pio011; 3rd June 2010 at 19:57.
pio011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2010, 08:00   #5767  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

I'll need to look into this, but for the moment you can do much better than joining these MTS files.

Just load the BDMV/AVCHD folder which contain these scenes (mts files) and click [merge playlists] button in MEDIA tab.

Then you'll get one title from merging all playlists with 100% the original video+audio+subtitles.
Old 4th June 2010, 12:13   #5768  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Some improvements in the latest build (you'll need to use multiUPDATE.exe):

* Download this nice small (50kb) CLI tool from another doom9 user (Groucho2004) (link to the post) and extract AVSInfo.exe in your multiAVCHD\tools folder. This may greatly improve the speed for all image processing/visualization in multiAVCHD. Until now x264 was used for executing avisynth scripts and sometimes caused 'x264 crashed' errors, but with avsinfo it shouldn't happen. Plus, it is much faster and doesn't need colorspace conversion at the end of each avs script. The tool is included in the full-download.

* Small fix: menu font color setting will be available even when [-] Create top menu is not selected (useful for title-list menu setting when no main top menu is created).

* Fixed: sometimes the crop zone when using zoom (%H) in [transcode] window will cause slight AR distortion. It is fixed now + some more zoom %s.

Dean

Last edited by deank; 4th June 2010 at 12:28.
deank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2010, 15:27   #5769  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

I posted some time ago in BD-Rebuilder thread that I'll create a small tool to check user PC Directshow capabilities of decoding AVC/H.264, MPEG-2 and VC-1, so here it is:

Download link (3MB)

Contains:

Code:
.\multiTEST\multiTEST.exe
.\multiTEST\calclib.dll

.\multiTEST\testdata\test_AVS.JPG
.\multiTEST\testdata\test_H264.m2ts
.\multiTEST\testdata\test_MPEG2.m2ts
.\multiTEST\testdata\test_VC1.m2ts
.\multiTEST\testdata\x264.exe
Old 4th June 2010, 15:47   #5770  |  Link
insaneoctane

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
Try to uninstall avisynth, reboot and install it again (2.58). Until MPC is able to play the menu .avs - I really can't do anything.

//

"Cannot render file" means that either you have no directshow decoder available for the video or you have way to many filters loading and your OS simply can't handle it.
Thanks for the reply Dean. I will try this first chance I get. Unfortunately that won't be for 2 weeks as I'm headed out of town today. I also saw the multitest tool you added. Ill be sure to use that too. Thanks again and ill report back in a few weeks.
insaneoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2010, 15:58   #5771  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Okay get back with the results... this small tool should report something like:

Code:
* Checking AviSynth presence...
* [OK] AVISYNTH (encoded 7782 bytes)

* Checking AVC/H.264 decoding...
* [OK] AVC/H.264 (encoded 56512 bytes)

* Checking MPEG-2 decoding...
* [OK] MPEG-2 (encoded 2761 bytes)

* Checking VC-1 decoding...
* [OK] VC-1 (encoded 2998 bytes)

* All tests completed!
if all is okay.
Old 4th June 2010, 16:42   #5772  |  Link
speedway76

Hi Dean
This is my result :-(((

* [OK] AVC/H.264 (encoded 56512 bytes)

* [ERR] VC-1 FAILURE

* All tests completed!
* 1 teast failed!
speedway76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2010, 16:44   #5773  |  Link
speedway76

What to me to do?
Old 4th June 2010, 17:40   #5774  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Check the link and tutorial:

http://multiavchd.deanbg.com/downloads/

Dean
Old 4th June 2010, 20:37   #5775  |  Link
speedway76

Dean.
Has made everything that is written in a management. Has established all components. Result the same:-(((. I do not know, what to me to do?
My OS is Windows 7 32 bit
Old 5th June 2010, 03:02   #5776  |  Link
Adub
Fighting spam with a fish

Did you do what this guide says: http://adubvideo.net/how-to/setup-pr...hain-windows-7
Old 5th June 2010, 05:56   #5777  |  Link
speedway76

Yes. All has made, it is exact on points
Old 5th June 2010, 06:03   #5778  |  Link
speedway76

This is my new result :-((((

* [ERR] AVC/H.264 FAILURE

* [ERR] VC-1 FAILURE

* All tests completed!
* 2 teast failed!
Old 5th June 2010, 07:34   #5779  |  Link
lchiu7

multiAVCHD seems to remove chapter marks

I looked everywhere in the menus but couldn't see where I could set this.

I usually create my content for the program from rips of my own titles (HD-DVD -> AVCHD so I can play them on my Oppo). When I am muxing the content back to ts format, I usually tell tsmuxer to create chapter points every 5 or 10 minutes. But for some reason, when this content is imported into multiAVCHD, the chapter marks get lost.

I see there is an option to create 12 equal chapter points but shouldn't the program observe any existing chapter marks or am I missing something in the menus or options.
lchiu7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 08:56   #5780  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

You can't get chapters with tsMuxeR when using m2ts or ts muxing. Chapters are available only when you create Blu-ray or AVCHD disc with tsMuxeR (they are stored in mpls files).

If you do that (or import a mpls file) multiAVCHD will see the chapters. Chapters are also supported in MKV files or with external .txt/.chp files.

Tags
avchd, blu-ray hd-dvd, mkv, multiavchd, re-author