Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 AVC / H.264

Old 11th July 2012, 00:02   #21  |  Link
kutjong

For anyone interested, here's an example of final product on Youtube.
http://youtu.be/SszWUtSmB98
It does suck to see so much loss in quality when uploading to Youtube, sigh.

I have another test from an older game, here it actually looks quite ok in Youtube! But I suppose it's because the source works quite well at lower bitrates since there's not too much happening on screen.
http://youtu.be/smiYpz8Em78

And just to clear up, I used Simple x264 launcher without Avisynth involvement and encoded with these parameters (thanks to Snowknight26):
Code:
--crf 18 --preset veryslow --deblock -2:-2 --ref 7 --aq-strength 1 --psy-rd 0.5:0.1 --force-cfr --range tv
Source was Fraps YV12.
kutjong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2012, 14:10   #22  |  Link
TheSkiller

Both look like typical YouTube videos quality wise. So yes, it's mainly YouTube's fault.
I have said this before, in my opinion the "1080p" on YouTube is useless and a waste of traffic as the bitrate is too low for the given video resolution. They'd do better if they ditch 1080p and in return increase the bitrate of 720p, but that's just me.
They would never do that because today it's all about publicity and people only see that 1080 is a greater number than 720, and FullHD and all, so it must be better...

Anyway, as you can see, if it's going to YouTube the slight loss in color resolution due to YV12 capturing is...invisible.
Mission accomplished.

Last edited by TheSkiller; 11th July 2012 at 14:13.
TheSkiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avisynth, encoding, fraps, x264, youtube