Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 5th June 2010, 10:42   #5781  |  Link
Laurent

Hi

I have a problem with chapter marks when converting HD-DVD to AVCHD. Chapter positions are not correct. I have reported the problem in the eac3to thread:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...37#post1405537
As I explained, chapter jumps lead to positions before the real position, and the difference is bigger on the last chapters.

Could it be something wrong in multiAVCHD ?
Laurent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 11:13   #5782  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

I don't know how you import chapters in multiAVCHD.

It uses time-based format and if you load chapters it will use them properly. If their values are not correct you will get incorrect output.

I would guess that the tool you use to extract chapters reports inaccurate values because of framerate conversion.
Old 5th June 2010, 12:14   #5783  |  Link
Laurent

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
I would guess that the tool you use to extract chapters reports inaccurate values because of framerate conversion.
If it was so obvious, I imagine someone before me would have already reported the problem ?

I hade done a fast computation, I don't think the problem could be a mistake between 29.970 and 23.976, but it could be between 23.976 and 24.000. Such mistake leads to 7 seconds after 2 hours.
Old 5th June 2010, 15:46   #5784  |  Link
mic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
If it was so obvious, I imagine someone before me would have already reported the problem ?

I hade done a fast computation, I don't think the problem could be a mistake between 29.970 and 23.976, but it could be between 23.976 and 24.000. Such mistake leads to 7 seconds after 2 hours.
FWIW & IF it helps, I've found a lot of variance in the player, e.g. a stand-alone, Cineplayer BD, PowerDVD etc. In most cases I *know* where the chapters are, having set them myself, so they're not wrong. I've also seen no difference no matter what authoring app was used, including multiAVCHD, and, re-encoding/re-purposing the video/audio for DVD & BD, on the DVD versions the same chapt timings work flawlessly. As with DVDs, delaying the chapter point a bit -- i.e. not having the chapt occur exactly when the scene starts -- helps... maybe it would help in your case to just add a small amount to each of the chapt times, say 0.5 - 1 sec, maybe more? As Dean said, multiAVCHD & the tools it uses do not do anything other than use the times you set [unless of course you use the auto chapter timings every X number of minutes].

Whatever software you use, as far as fps conversions go, IF you're doing fps conversions [& if so why?], it can get tricky. I often work with the audio, so I'm always monitoring duration & sync, & I've found that timing results after changing video fps can vary from what you'd expect -- the audio in this case is my constant, I change the video, & compare the two so I can re-match the audio if needed. The only way to make 100% sure of chapter timing would be (is) to check your final video on some sort of timeline, whether it's in a player or in an editing app -- I've used Vegas for years, but have heard good things about the free Wax editor, the simpler editors that come with Nero &/or Roxio would be usable, &/or any app really where you can get the time when the the chapter scenes start. That said, (as above) I already do this because DVD chapters align with I frames [either you set them to the correct I frame or take your chances], & [usually] if I don't allow enough of a delay, the BD version with the same timings can show early depending on the player. I've seen this often enough with retail BD discs BTW.
mic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 16:07   #5785  |  Link
Laurent

So, you think it could be a problem with the player, a PS3 in the current case ?
I will compare on the PS3 if there are differences between a Blu-Ray and an AVCHD done from this Blu-Ray.
Old 5th June 2010, 16:13   #5786  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Chapter marks created by tsMuxeR (and multiAVCHD for that matter) do not use I/IDR frames the way it is done with DVD authoring.

Although, when doing complete re-encoding of the video multiAVCHD requests that x264 create IDR frames at each chapter mark, still some players don't land exactly where supposed to when skipping to a chapter/scene.

We discussed that a lot in tsmuxer thread some time ago.

I was thinking of creating a small tool (routine in multiAVCHD) to parse m2ts files and find the IDR frames and then to rewrite the mpls (playlist) files with the closest possible values, but it would take a lot of time (processing wise). It could've been much better if tsMuxeR had the option.
Old 5th June 2010, 16:57   #5787  |  Link
Laurent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
So, you think it could be a problem with the player, a PS3 in the current case ?
I will compare on the PS3 if there are differences between a Blu-Ray and an AVCHD done from this Blu-Ray.
Ok, after checking, no problem with chapter marks for a Blu-Ray disc and the AVCHD created from this Blu-Ray. Marks are at the same locations and at the right position.
So PS3 is ok when jumping to chapters and eac3to + multiAVCHD is ok to create chapters when dealing with Blu-Ray discs.

That would mean the problem is only with HD-DVD discs and the problem is relative to chapter extractions from these discs.
Old 6th June 2010, 10:09   #5788  |  Link
pio011

Quote:
I'll need to look into this, but for the moment you can do much better than joining these MTS files.

Just load the BDMV/AVCHD folder which contain these scenes (mts files) and click [merge playlists] button in MEDIA tab.

Then you'll get one title from merging all playlists with 100% the original video+audio+subtitles.
Thanks, Deank! Merging Playlists really seems to be an option. But for the moment I still have problems with it:

1. How can I choose the Playlists, which should be merged? Right now - I think - mulitACVHD merges all playlists into one big playlist and I end up with one title. Not so good, if you have filmed e.g. some different "happenings" which should be seperated into different titles. I could not figure out, when and why my camcorder chooses to create a new playlist. That's my problem!
2. That means I am into trouble, if one clip belongs to another playlist and if I want to put this scene to another playlist/title. Therefore it would be great, if you could "fix" the missing subtitles in the "joining"-funtion. I know, that if I use the joining option, I would also be ending up with one big title, because you can only choose the whole folder of mt2-files to be joined. To avoid that, I would copy the belonging mt2-files/scenes in seperate folders, to create different tiles.
So what is the conclusion of all this? Maybe you could fix the subtilte "bug" in the joining option and also implement to choose the mt2-files/Playlists, which you want to join/merge. I don't now, how much work this would be
3. I have tested the merging feature - great. But the resulting BR-Disc has not the pop-up menu, although I have checked the pop-up-option in the "author-tab". Using the "merging" feature, the pop-up menu works. Why?

Thanks again for your support!

Last edited by pio011; 6th June 2010 at 10:31.
pio011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2010, 10:42   #5789  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

The pop-up menu has nothing to do with the merge/join function.

You can select which playlists to join by loading only those that you want.

1) Load 00000.MPL
2) Load 00010.MPL
3) Open [PROPERTIES]
4) Change [full-mode] to [fast-mode] for both playlists
5) Click [OK]

Then you can merge these two only.
Old 6th June 2010, 10:59   #5790  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Build 755(+):

* MPlayer/MEncoder updated to Sherpya-SVN-r31170-4.2.5 (May 10th, 2010) (in full download)
* Fixed: 6 channel audio in AVI/TRP/AVS was converted to stereo. It should work now (although DTS in AVI may not be decoded properly).
* Added: DEBUG prompt when error occurs during CHAPTER page encoding/muxing
* Added: files/titles with unsupported video codec will be auto-marked for transcoding (including all flash .flv and windows .wmv files)
* Fixed: date detection of camcoder recordings (m2ts) showed wrong day-of-month (always 19th). Should be okay now.

Dean

Last edited by deank; 6th June 2010 at 13:48.
deank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2010, 14:06   #5791  |  Link
pio011

Quote:
The pop-up menu has nothing to do with the merge/join function.

You can select which playlists to join by loading only those that you want.

1) Load 00000.MPL
2) Load 00010.MPL
3) Open [PROPERTIES]
4) Change [full-mode] to [fast-mode] for both playlists
5) Click [OK]

Then you can merge these two only.
Okay thanks for the info - i will test that. Are you going to check on the problem with the "lost" subtitles in the joining mode?
Old 6th June 2010, 15:53   #5792  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Nice... it works... You can update your multiAVCHD.

Code:
[17:23:52] 7 media files will be joined in one title! (C:\Users\Dean Kasabow\Desktop\SD_TEST\AVCHD_TG7VE_HQ_Test\BDMV\STREAM\)
[17:23:52] *** Pre-processing is required, please wait...

[17:23:52] tsdemux AVCHD/Blu-Ray HDMV Transport Stream demultiplexer
[17:23:52] Copyright (C) 2009 Anton Burdinuk (clark15b@gmail.com)
[17:23:52] http://code.google.com/p/tsdemux
[17:23:52] *** Compiling files...
[17:23:54] *** Pre-processing completed. Adding joined media...
[17:23:54] *** Subtitles detected (PGS/SUP)...
[17:23:57] *** Re-packing elementary streams [C:\calcit\templates\temp\_tsd\20100606-172352-293\camdump.m2ts]...
[17:24:00] *** Done!
[17:24:03] Detected Recording Date/Time: 2010/03/09 18:40:12 [C:\calcit\templates\temp\_tsd\20100606-172352-293\camdump.m2ts].
Even the recording date/time from the joined media is detected and added as title name

Subtitles from camcoder recording will be added to the joined title ONLY if you answer with "YES"/OK at the prompt to re-pack the joined media into M2TS container. M2TS will contain video+audio+subtitles and will get the recording date/time as title-name.

Something worth mentioning: Once you opt to merge all streams into a single file you get a .m2ts file with all scenes (for a particular day/week of shooting). You don't have to create a compilation out of it, but you can store it for later use. Have in mind that each subsequent launch of multiAVCHD may clear the contents of _tsd folder.

In the example above you can see that the file is stored under multiAVCHD's folder in .\templates\temp\_tsd\YYYYMMDD-HHMMSS-***\camdump.m2ts. Move it to a safe location and name it properly. Doing this will allow you to create volumes for later re-use, without going through the join mode again.

An example would be to store each week (or day) recordings into a single file/title and use them whenever you wish.

Dean

//

Needless to say, multiAVCHD provides the easiest, fastest and complete way to transfer AVCHD HD camcoder recordings to SD DVD Video format in just few clicks (3).

1) Drag your camcoder STREAM folder and answer YES to join the files and then YES to repack into m2ts container
2) Click [START]
3) Click [SD-DVD] and select media-FIT option

You get a nice DVD Video disc to share with relatives and friends, using standard DVD players. You get the chapters and subtitles (recording information).

Last edited by deank; 6th June 2010 at 17:28.
Old 6th June 2010, 16:17   #5793  |  Link
Music Fan

Does anybody know if the Sony BDP-370 has problems playing AVCHD or BD5/9 made with MultiAVCHD ?
Someone in this topic says that he had problems with AVCHD in strict mode on the 373 (nearly same than 370, different remote) ;
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...52#post1404052
Another one says the 370 can't play BD5 with Java menues but he can play Movie-only backups made with BD-Rebuilder, which looks like the Strict mode of MultiAVCHD.
I'm bored of my Panasonic BD-35 and I wanna test animated and pop-up menues !

Last edited by Music Fan; 6th June 2010 at 16:21.
Music Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2010, 16:50   #5794  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

I'm sure you won't have any troubles playing multiAVCHD authored discs (BD5/BD9/BD25) with this player (authored as AVCHD replaxed/strict or as Blu-ray).

BD-Rebuilder's "Movie-only" mode is similar to 'no-menu' output from multiAVCHD and to tsMuxeR's [x] AVCHD disc mode.

Important thing to mention is that these 3 applications output different authoring-wise structures. I won't comment on any other free application which claims to be able to produce AVCHD... there is no such app anyway.

tsMuxeR's so-called "AVCHD" output has almost nothing to do with AVCHD.
BD-Rebuilder's "Movie-only" output will be 100% AVCHD compliant may be in one of the next releases.
multiAVCHD "AVCHD" output is AVCHD what it should be.

Not being able to play BD-J disc backups burned to BD5/BD9 is not good, because most Blu-ray titles nowadays are java authored, but the same goes for Playstation3 and probably will affect more and more players.

Dean

Last edited by deank; 6th June 2010 at 17:31.
Old 6th June 2010, 18:14   #5795  |  Link
pio011

Quote:
Nice... it works... You can update your multiAVCHD.
That was fast, DeanK. Thanks again! I will test it soon!

Is it to much to ask for, to implement an option to actually choose the mts-files you want to join? Maybe something like a browser-window to open and not just to choose a whole folder of mts-files?
Old 6th June 2010, 20:35   #5796  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

May be a window when you drag the folder to select files with a video-preview box?

I guess in one of the next builds.

It is almost ready anyway, so I guess it will be available in the next update tomorrow.
Old 7th June 2010, 09:32   #5797  |  Link
Music Fan

Quote:
I'm sure you won't have any troubles playing multiAVCHD authored discs (BD5/BD9/BD25) with this player (...)
Dean
Thanks for this clear answer !
Music Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 14:45   #5798  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quick update:

* Fixed: color/outline for classic-title list menu (worked in the preview but not in the final encoding)
* Removed: Prompt where user decides whether to get joined files into elementary streams or in one m2ts file. Defaults to one m2ts file now.
* Added: M2TS/MTS join selection window (in the screenshot above) when drag&drop folder with m2ts/mts files. User can re-arrange files, sort and remove files, drag&drop other m2ts/mts files (but not folders).

Needless to say, all files added must have the same properties (video and audio codec, framerate, scan type and stream count).

Dean

Last edited by deank; 7th June 2010 at 15:25.
Old 7th June 2010, 19:14   #5799  |  Link
pio011

Quote:
Quick update:

* Fixed: color/outline for classic-title list menu (worked in the preview but not in the final encoding)
* Removed: Prompt where user decides whether to get joined files into elementary streams or in one m2ts file. Defaults to one m2ts file now.
* Added: M2TS/MTS join selection window (in the screenshot above) when drag&drop folder with m2ts/mts files. User can re-arrange files, sort and remove files, drag&drop other m2ts/mts files (but not folders).

Needless to say, all files added must have the same properties (video and audio codec, framerate, scan type and stream count).

Dean
WWWOOOOOOWW! Great DeanK, you are the Man! Thank you!
By the way: Since the "AVSInfo.exe"-Update it takes forever to open the title-properties? I have tried to un-/reinstall multiAVCHD with no success.

Last edited by pio011; 7th June 2010 at 19:29.
Old 7th June 2010, 19:30   #5800  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

You can safely delete avsinfo.exe from tools folder. multiAVCHD will default to the old preview style. Such problem means that there is something wrong with your directshow processing.

//

"Forever" is usually = 30 seconds. multiAVCHD kills most tasks if they take more than 30 seconds to complete, when expected to do their job in just 1-3 seconds.

Last edited by deank; 7th June 2010 at 19:45.

Tags
avchd, blu-ray hd-dvd, mkv, multiavchd, re-author