Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 25th October 2010, 11:30   #6781  |  Link
BeNooL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Fan View Post
I discovered something interesting with the Sony BDP-S370 (and probably concerning other Sony models) : it can play AVCHD on USB key !
With MultiAVCHD, we have to choose Sony PS3 in the solid media part.
The folder has to be named AVCHD and placed at the root of the USB key.
@ Deank : you could maybe add "and some Sony players" beside "PS3" in this part ?
Same goes for the Oppo BDP-83.

The PS3 profile works like a charm.
BeNooL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2010, 11:44   #6782  |  Link
BeNooL

I tried several times to use AVDHD to produce SD DVD5 but i always end up with an oversized VIDEO_TS folder...
Something like 4500 or 4550 Mb.

Am I missing something?
BeNooL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2010, 17:16   #6783  |  Link
DMagic1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeNooL View Post
I tried several times to use AVDHD to produce SD DVD5 but i always end up with an oversized VIDEO_TS folder...
Something like 4500 or 4550 Mb.

Am I missing something?
I've have output size problems too for DVD9, always have. I just use a manual size output that came up with based on the overage I was getting. Problem was then solved.
DMagic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2010, 09:38   #6784  |  Link
pio011

The lack of support for multiAVCHD development = none of the updates will be released

Former post deleted
Sorry, I was just too upset and sad, that mAVCHD ist not "puplic" anymore......

Last edited by pio011; 31st October 2010 at 15:39.
pio011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2010, 09:54   #6785  |  Link
Adub
Fighting spam with a fish

Um, excuse you? This is just blatantly rude and tasteless.

You post has been reported to the admins.
Old 31st October 2010, 16:15   #6786  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

It is hard to find time and resources to update multiAVCHD at the moment. I posted the note because the project can't run without support (server up time, internet and bandwidth, forum, hosting, etc). Not only I spent hundreds of days and nights improving the program, but now I need to put money in it - I don't think so

I don't think I'm under an obligation to push updates and work constantly on bringing new features to you.

multiAVCHD is a great tool as it is and works just fine for me in its current form. It is free and will always be, so I don't see the problem.

Dean
Old 31st October 2010, 16:17   #6787  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Fan View Post
I discovered something interesting with the Sony BDP-S370 (and probably concerning other Sony models) : it can play AVCHD on USB key !
With MultiAVCHD, we have to choose Sony PS3 in the solid media part.
The folder has to be named AVCHD and placed at the root of the USB key.
@ Deank : you could maybe add "and some Sony players" beside "PS3" in this part ?
Yes, in the next update it will be "Playstation 3 and selected Sony-BDP".
Old 31st October 2010, 18:03   #6788  |  Link
Music Fan

Thanks. Actually, as said above, it also works on the Oppo 83. So, it works maybe also on other players.
Music Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2010, 18:21   #6789  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
multiAVCHD is a great tool as it is and works just fine for me in its current form.
Dean
I agree completely!
I use multiAVCHD quite often, and have been for some time. It allows me to do things that no other free program does.
There may be a few bugs still, and improvements and added features are always welcome! But time and economics are a reality. So I understand and appreciate your situation.
I will continue to follow and support you as I hope others will do too! Thanks deank for your generosity.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2010, 00:39   #6790  |  Link
alluringreality

On the "Select destination media and playback device type" screen it reads "Strict mode employs in-mux menu (static only). Suitable for Panasonic players and DVD media." for the AVCHD area. Apparently the 2nd quote does not apply in re-author mode. At least this is my current best guess at what might be going on with the report we received that a Panasonic DMP-BD85K was unable to play the AVCHD re-author in http://bit.ly/avshd709. Far as I can tell the original uses out-of-mux menus, so the re-author probably also uses out of mux menus. Is this a reasonable explination for why the re-author might not work on a Panasonic player?

Edit: After another report it seems like the out-of-mux menus could be why the Panasonic model is not playing the re-author.

Last edited by alluringreality; 1st November 2010 at 04:53.
alluringreality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2010, 06:12   #6791  |  Link
IanD

I recently authored a Bluray with 1080p24 and 720x480 (4:3) material, however on playback the 4:3 material is stretched to 16:9.

Have I missed a setting in multiAVCHD to tell the player to treat the 720x480 as 4:3, or is this just the way it is?

I'm sure with a few official Bluray titles with 1080p24 and 720x480 (4:3) material that I have played in the past, the aspect ratio has been correct on playback, so there must be a setting somewhere. I assumed multiAVCHD handled it automatically.

I'm also having issues with choosing a poster image from the material for the top menu: it always comes up blue in the preview and black when rendered. If I specifically direct the program to a jpg poster image, all is well.
IanD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2010, 12:40   #6792  |  Link
Music Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanD View Post
on playback the 4:3 material is stretched to 16:9
Are you sure that you didn't check "Force AR flag to 16:9" in the author tab ?
If no, it should work if you put your video in a MKV container with 4/3 Aspect Ratio (I do it with MKVmerge) before adding it in MultiAVCHD.
And you can also verify your player's setup.
Old 3rd November 2010, 00:43   #6793  |  Link
Adub
Fighting spam with a fish

Quote:
I'm also having issues with choosing a poster image from the material for the top menu: it always comes up blue in the preview and black when rendered. If I specifically direct the program to a jpg poster image, all is well.
Actually, I'm getting this same issue. As I reported in my previous post, I am getting black thumbnails for my DVD->Blu-ray renders.
Old 3rd November 2010, 01:13   #6794  |  Link
IanD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adub View Post
Actually, I'm getting this same issue. As I reported in my previous post, I am getting black thumbnails for my DVD->Blu-ray renders.
OMG, I just discovered that I also have the same black thumbnail problem too as well as the poster image problem with DVD resolution sourced material.

I have been creating Bluray structures of DVD resolution material with ClownBD (since that retains chapters) and then importing those structures into multiAVCHD. It is those DVD resolution structures that give the black poster and thumbnail problem: 1080p structures are perfectly fine.

As a previous poster has suggested, perhaps I should have been creating mkv first instead.
IanD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2010, 01:18   #6795  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
I posted the note ...
Huh? What note?
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2010, 02:07   #6796  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
Huh? What note?
Run multiAVCHD and you will see it in the log file just after startup of the program.
Quote:
[15:10:53] Destination path does not exist!
[15:10:53] Changed to: C:\multiAVCHD\AVCHD\
[15:10:54] Initialising...
[15:10:54] Checking for new version...
[15:10:55] You have the latest build.
[15:10:55] The lack of support for multiAVCHD development results in major delay of all the updates and improvements.
[15:10:55] Consistency check finished!
[15:10:55] Initialization finished. multiAVCHD is ready!
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2010, 05:05   #6797  |  Link
bloodta

Choppy Playback on Panasonic BD30

I have been testing a clip that has TrueHD on my Panasonic BD30. I've got the clip to work flawlessly from an SD card with the TrueHD converted to LPCM, but, when I burn, with Imgburn, to a DVD+R or DVD-R, it plays back very choppy. I've tried converting the TrueHD track to plain AC3, still plays back choppy on the BD30. I understand media plays a huge roll in this. Currently I have a crapload of JVC DVD-Rs and Playo DVD+Rs. I would like confirmation, before I shell out the cash, that if I switch to the Verbatims, that all these problems would go away.
bloodta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2010, 08:07   #6798  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
Run multiAVCHD and you will see it in the log file just after startup of the program.
Oh. I haven't done any mAVCHD work lately, as I've been waiting for the generic menu to appear. So, I didn't see that.

Guess I'm going to be waiting a while for that to appear
Old 3rd November 2010, 08:11   #6799  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodta View Post
I understand media plays a huge roll in this.
I very seriously doubt that media has anything to do with it. Who told you that?

I'm suspecting bitrate. What is the bitrate of the video file? It may be too high for DVD use. There is a limit.
Old 3rd November 2010, 11:08   #6800  |  Link
Music Fan

The Panasonic players can't send True HD and DTS HD from AVCHD burnt on dvd, my BD35 had the same problem and there's nothing to do.
Quote:
I've tried converting the TrueHD track to plain AC3, still plays back choppy on the BD30.
That's weird, it should work. Did you keep the core with MultiaVCHD ? It didn't work when I tried that, so you have to keep the core with TSMuxer before importing the video in MultiAVCHD.
I know that it's not logical because MultiAVCHD uses TSMuxer.

Tags
avchd, blu-ray hd-dvd, mkv, multiavchd, re-author