Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 8th September 2019, 16:01   #17301  |  Link
lemaireus

I have already copied the error log above, at the bottom of page 865.

I encode into x265, two passes, and always encode multichannel lossless master audio tracks into 640k AC3.

It's very frustrating getting that kind of an error at the end of 10:34 hours of work. This is the third file on which I am getting that error. Apparently the audio encoder does not encode DTS-MA track into AC3, which is why mkvmerge cannot find that track. Yes, I have checked the job folder each time, and there has never been an 'Encoded_Audio_1.ac3' file in the folder each time I get this error.

If Ripbot had not immediately deleted the encoded video, then I would have encoded and muxed the audio track myself in cases of such errors.

Atak, would you please consider that option: leave the encoded video intact in the job folder, and delete that only when all the temporary files are deleted? Such a simple option can save hours and hours of work going to waste in case of an error such as the one I posted above, and also in cases where the error is 'video.265 could not be opened.' (I used to get that sometimes in the past, not anymore).

Please leave the encoded video intact in the job folder for the file being encoded, for a user to delete as and when they please.

Last edited by lemaireus; 8th September 2019 at 16:04.
lemaireus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2019, 16:26   #17302  |  Link
slalom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemaireus View Post
If Ripbot had not immediately deleted the encoded video, then I would have encoded and muxed the audio track myself in cases of such errors.
Run CombineAllChunks.cmd in chunks folder to get the video
slalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2019, 20:31   #17303  |  Link
stryker412

I posted my error log on the previous page too. Not sure why all the sudden I'm getting no audio and the chapters cannot be read.
stryker412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2019, 20:46   #17304  |  Link
slalom

Quote:
Originally Posted by slalom View Post
Download the file from the first page and update that
That's what I do when I have trouble. Replace your files except .ini's
Old 8th September 2019, 21:25   #17305  |  Link
GZZ

Cosmetic Change. Can the text in the DE window be breaked into 2 lines or can the window be enlarged. As some of the text is truncated until I resize the column on every DE start.

https://imgur.com/YMFB3tb
GZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2019, 08:59   #17306  |  Link
lemaireus

Quote:
Thank you, Slalom. The question for a relative novice with cmd is 'how'?

May I assume that by 'chunks folder' you mean the job folder, thus, for example, 'job1'? How to I run 'CombineAllChunks.cmd' in that folder. A run down in three to four steps will be very helpful, and much appreciated.

Thanks a lot for what I hope will soon become a working suggestion.
Old 9th September 2019, 11:14   #17307  |  Link
stryker412

Atak, any suggestions?

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...79#post1884279
Old 9th September 2019, 12:00   #17308  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryker412 View Post
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...78#post1884278
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2019, 16:14   #17309  |  Link
lemaireus

Quote:
Slalom, I did a bit of work on your suggestion, and there is an issue. I think you are working with the assumption that I am using distributed encoding. I am not. I am encoding my video on the one machine I have.

Atak, would you please consider the option of leaving the encoded video intact in the job folder, and delete that only when all the temporary files are deliberately deleted by a user? Such a simple option can save hours and hours of work from going to waste in case of an audio or video muxing error (Encoded_Audio_1.ac3 cannot be opened, or video.265 cannot be opened).

Here are references back to my previous two posts on the issue, with the first showing the error log:
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...32#post1884332
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...33#post1884333

Last edited by lemaireus; 9th September 2019 at 20:27.
Old 9th September 2019, 17:15   #17310  |  Link
slalom

Quote:
Slalom, I did a bit of work on your suggestion, and there is an issue. I think you are working with the assumption that I am using distributed encoding. I am not. I am encoding my video on the one machine I have.
Actually, yes I was
Old 9th September 2019, 22:40   #17311  |  Link
stryker412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post

Yes the contents of that file were in my post.
Old 10th September 2019, 22:07   #17312  |  Link
GZZ

I see FFMS2 Video decoder is default. What is the difference and benefits from one another FFMS2 vs. LSMASH ?

Last edited by GZZ; 11th September 2019 at 20:02.
Old 12th September 2019, 15:43   #17313  |  Link
lemaireus

This is becoming routine, and therefore very, very frustrating. Got the error once again today; each time I have to encode DTS/DTS-MA audio into AC3, at the end of a two-pass encode I get the message:

Error: The file 'E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\Encoded_Audio_1.ac3' could not be opened for reading: open file error.

I can copy the entire log file, if you like.

Atak, the solution I have suggested is really a straightforward one, even if it takes time writing some fresh code, but it will save a lot of people a lot of frustration if they could simply pick up the encoded video and mux is manually in case of these errors, rather than having to do the entire encode from scratch.

Please allow Ripbot to leave the encoded video in the job folder, till a user deletes that job folder manually. That is all it will take to save hours and hours of encoding from being flushed down the drain.

Keeping my fingers crossed for a positive response from you.
Old 12th September 2019, 16:19   #17314  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by GZZ View Post
I see FFMS2 Video decoder is default. What is the difference and benefits from one another FFMS2 vs. LSMASH ?
LSMASH is the newer one added to RipBot, so if you never had any issues with FFMS2 I'd use that, but LSMASH works differently so that if you have issues with frame accuracy on a source such as MPEG2 then use that one.

Quote:
This is becoming routine, and therefore very, very frustrating. Got the error once again today; each time I have to encode DTS/DTS-MA audio into AC3, at the end of a two-pass encode I get the message:

Error: The file 'E:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\Encoded_Audio_1.ac3' could not be opened for reading: open file error.

I can copy the entire log file, if you like.

Atak, the solution I have suggested is really a straightforward one, even if it takes time writing some fresh code, but it will save a lot of people a lot of frustration if they could simply pick up the encoded video and mux is manually in case of these errors, rather than having to do the entire encode from scratch.

Please allow Ripbot to leave the encoded video in the job folder, till a user deletes that job folder manually. That is all it will take to save hours and hours of encoding from being flushed down the drain.

Keeping my fingers crossed for a positive response from you.
Have you posted a sample of the source here?
Does it happen consistently on the same source, aka if you ran a sample that had an issue again and again does it happen each time?
byteshare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2019, 18:25   #17315  |  Link
lemaireus

Quote:
Originally Posted by byteshare View Post
LSMASH is the newer one added to RipBot, so if you never had any issues with FFMS2 I'd use that, but LSMASH works differently so that if you have issues with frame accuracy on a source such as MPEG2 then use that one.

Have you posted a sample of the source here?
Does it happen consistently on the same source, aka if you ran a sample that had an issue again and again does it happen each time?
The fist section of the reply was to GZZ, but in my case, I never had problems of the kind I do before the move to LSMASH. Frame accuracy was never an issue with me. My sources are usually BD/BDRemuxes and never did I ever have a problem with FFMS2 in any audio conversions.

The issue has been coming up since the move to LSMASH. I have had the error thrice since that shift, with three difference sources. Common to these three sources was a DTS audio track: lossless DTS-MA tracks in two sources, and 1504k DTS track in the third source. I haven't yet tried converting .thd audio. Will give that a run through and post an update.

I shall do a thorough test tomorrow of samples with three different kinds of audios: DTS-MA, DTS, and TrueHD. Shall post the results after that, and will upload a sample in case that is necessary for analysis.

More tomorrow. Desperately looking for a solution to this because the problem is intensely frustrating: it ruins the encode right at the end of two passes, when it's time to mux the audio-video streams.

Last edited by lemaireus; 12th September 2019 at 18:29.
Old 12th September 2019, 21:26   #17316  |  Link
stryker412

Ripbot (newest version) is not picking up the audio track or the chapter files in my latest TV show rip. The tracks are indeed there as listed in MediaInfo and using VLC. Anyone else seeing this?
Old 13th September 2019, 07:48   #17317  |  Link
GZZ

Quote:
The fist section of the reply was to GZZ, but in my case, I never had problems of the kind I do before the move to LSMASH. Frame accuracy was never an issue with me. My sources are usually BD/BDRemuxes and never did I ever have a problem with FFMS2 in any audio conversions.
Thanks for the explanation, though there was some extra decoding speed hidden in LSMASH, but if it just an alternative to those who have frame accuracy issue, then I leave it a FFMS2 as it has worked fine so far.
Old 13th September 2019, 09:47   #17318  |  Link
sneaker_ger

You will always find samples that make problems in L-SMASH but work fine in ffms2 and vice versa. You can't win.
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2019, 10:05   #17319  |  Link
duffbeer

99.9% of the time FFMS2 works perfectly. LSMASH has caused massive problems.
duffbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2019, 10:25   #17320  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffbeer View Post
99.9% of the time FFMS2 works perfectly. LSMASH has caused massive problems.
Ffms2 is more broken than i thought. Latest version of lsmash
(Not included in ripbot) fixed vc1 decoding and that random skips in avc and hevc. Just test your files in my tool seektester to see what i mean.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360