Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26th July 2018, 16:06   #16  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwiggo View Post
Did you cut the youtube video to the same size as the one I made? I will try cutting it and then go through frame by frame with the youtube one and my one on a different monitor.
Yes; as mentioned earlier, I aligned them temporally (using trim , so the start frame is the same) , and spatially by resized them. (so they are the same dimensions). This enables you to stack them or view in different tabs superimposed

Another way you can do this frame by frame on a single 720p monitor is split screen and in avspmod (e.g. left half YT, right half jm_fps) , but put the reverse in tab 2 (e.g. left half jm_fps, right half YT). So you could advance frame by frame with arrow keys and swap views by hitting number keys (1 for tab 1, 2 for tab 2)

It's important to just "watch" it normally for motion issues, but having them superimposed in different tabs and looking frame by frame reveals problems each version too. For example there are worse problems in YT version at the end zooming away from the tower. But overall, the motion "smoothness" is the same, and overall the motion artifacts are very similar; you can tell that some mvtools2 derivative was used for sure because of this
poisondeathray is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frame rate, framerateconverter, interpolation, smoothness, svp