Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

 

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 17th October 2017, 14:21   #26561  |  Link
jdobbs
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 20,863
BD Rebuilder v0.50.25

I have updated the first post of this thread with a link to the most recent version (v0.50.25) of BD Rebuilder. Changes for this release:
Code:
- Fixed an issue that could cause CRF value
  prediction to jump dramatically on the
  final value when using One-Pass CRF.
- Added a fix that prevents encoding from
  failing when attempting to encode multipart
  sources to ALTERNATE HEVC that have the
  ATCDelta flag asserted.
- Modified the file import mechanism so it
  fixes MKV inconsistencies caused by oddball
  muxing engines.  It "prepares" (remuxes)
  MKV files before attemping import. This 
  fixes occasional sync issues with audio 
  during imports of MKV. This can be disabled
  via the "Import/Quick-Play Settings" dialog
  from the SETTINGS menu (to save time).
- Added a new IMPORT_CONVERT_FORCE hidden
  setting.  Forces imports to be reencoded
  (to AVC) during import (even when it isn't
  required).
- Added IMPORT_VFR_DISABLE as a hidden option
  When set to "1", BD-RB ignores indicators
  to the contrary, and assumes constant frame
  rate.
- Corrected a rare issue that could occur 
  when performing file imports that require
  conversion to AVC or VFR reencoding.
- Fixed an error in which ALTERNATE resizing
  may not occur as specified on certain files
  that have been imported into a pseudo-BD
  structure.
- Updated the included version of X264.EXE to 
  the latest release (r2851).
- Updated the included version of X264-64.EXE 
  to  the latest release (r2851).
- Other minor corrections and cosmetic fixes.
__________________
Help with development of new apps: Donations.
Website: www.jdobbs.net
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2017, 15:00   #26562  |  Link
jdobbs
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 20,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorro101 View Post
i have try tsmuxer with input .m2ts uhd (from bd uhd) and:
dont create Blu-ray folder
can create .m2ts
I also noticed that a start code of x000001E0 is used in TSMUXER HEVC M2TS streams I've tested... while it appears UHD M2TS files use x000001E1 (at least on the one disc I have for testing). That means the entire output M2TS would likely have to be scanned and start codes rewritten. It's easy enough to do -- but certainly time consuming. It might be possible to patch TSMUXER, but I'm not sure if that's even allowable under its freeware license agreement.

If you use a 2160p source to mux, TSMUXER will accept it and write a BD structure, but flags it as 1080p in the MPLS and CLPI files. The headers on the the files (MPLS, CLPI, etc) would all have to be updated to version 3 as well.
__________________
Help with development of new apps: Donations.
Website: www.jdobbs.net

Last edited by jdobbs; 17th October 2017 at 15:31.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2017, 15:37   #26563  |  Link
Mark_Venture
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
That's just one application. How about that family video you created with your UHD camera? Even the iPhone records UHD now.
Ahh yeah... I never thought about using BD Rebuilder for my phone videos...
Mark_Venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2017, 16:42   #26564  |  Link
Ch3vr0n
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,366
@jdobbs: can't download latest version. Asking for dl credentials
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2017, 17:04   #26565  |  Link
kufo
Registered User
 
kufo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 57
Canīt download file too. Page wants a special login, also im still logged in
authentication required ?
There ist still 0.50.24 on the fist page, but download link is correct.
kufo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2017, 17:15   #26566  |  Link
DrinkLyeAndDie
Registered User
 
DrinkLyeAndDie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
@jdobbs: can't download latest version. Asking for dl credentials
Likewise.
DrinkLyeAndDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2017, 18:49   #26567  |  Link
MrVideo
Registered User
 
MrVideo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I have updated the first post of this thread with a link to the most recent version (v0.50.25) of BD Rebuilder. Changes for this release:
Code:
- Added IMPORT_VFR_DISABLE as a hidden option
  When set to "1", BD-RB ignores indicators
  to the contrary, and assumes constant frame
  rate.
Thanks.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2017, 20:34   #26568  |  Link
Lathe
Registered User
 
Lathe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Venture View Post
Ahh yeah... I never thought about using BD Rebuilder for my phone videos...
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2017, 20:37   #26569  |  Link
Lathe
Registered User
 
Lathe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,042
And, a big, sincere 'THANK YOU' for the new version JD!

And, when I'm done with my current avid hobby of being POOR, I will send you something. Of course, I could EASILY afford a monthly subscription of $5.99!
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2017, 22:32   #26570  |  Link
jdobbs
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 20,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
@jdobbs: can't download latest version. Asking for dl credentials
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkLyeAndDie View Post
Likewise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kufo View Post
Canīt download file too. Page wants a special login, also im still logged in
authentication required ?
There ist still 0.50.24 on the fist page, but download link is correct.
Argghhh... Sorry about that. Fixing it now -- it was a rights issue. Should be available in a few minutes.
__________________
Help with development of new apps: Donations.
Website: www.jdobbs.net

Last edited by jdobbs; 17th October 2017 at 22:38.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2017, 00:07   #26571  |  Link
Lathe
Registered User
 
Lathe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Argghhh... Sorry about that. Fixing it now -- it was a rights issue. Should be available in a few minutes.
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2017, 03:31   #26572  |  Link
soneca
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Brazil
Posts: 753
Thanks for the new version!
soneca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2017, 04:38   #26573  |  Link
kufo
Registered User
 
kufo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 57
Tahanks jdobbs for the new version and fixing the download bug.
kufo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2017, 07:29   #26574  |  Link
zorro101
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I also noticed that a start code of x000001E0 is used in TSMUXER HEVC M2TS streams I've tested... while it appears UHD M2TS files use x000001E1 (at least on the one disc I have for testing). That means the entire output M2TS would likely have to be scanned and start codes rewritten. It's easy enough to do -- but certainly time consuming. It might be possible to patch TSMUXER, but I'm not sure if that's even allowable under its freeware license agreement.

If you use a 2160p source to mux, TSMUXER will accept it and write a BD structure, but flags it as 1080p in the MPLS and CLPI files. The headers on the the files (MPLS, CLPI, etc) would all have to be updated to version 3 as well.
I don't know, but it would be nice!!
on my experiment with tsmuxer with 2160p hevc it was impossible produce Blu-ray (error: unsupported or similar)
only .m2ts output it works

this night i retry

Last edited by zorro101; 18th October 2017 at 07:35.
zorro101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2017, 08:39   #26575  |  Link
Sharc
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I have updated the first post of this thread with a link to the most recent version (v0.50.25) of BD Rebuilder. Changes for this release: ........
Thank you for the new version.
The --sar bug reported here seems to have happily survived in 0.50.25, right?
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2017, 09:00   #26576  |  Link
varekai
Registered User
 
varekai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
And, a big, sincere 'THANK YOU' for the new version JD!
And, when I'm done with my current avid hobby of being POOR...
varekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2017, 13:19   #26577  |  Link
MrVideo
Registered User
 
MrVideo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorro101 View Post
on my experiment with tsmuxer with 2160p hevc it was impossible produce Blu-ray
Of course it was impossible to produce a Blu-ray structured ISO file, or BD layout. HEVC is not supported on Blu-ray. No player would play it.

It would have to be recoded to H.264 and tsmuxer doesn't do encoding.

You can retry until you are blue-in-the-face. It ain't gonna happen.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2017, 13:26   #26578  |  Link
jdobbs
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 20,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
Of course it was impossible to produce a Blu-ray structured ISO file, or BD layout. HEVC is not supported on Blu-ray. No player would play it.

It would have to be recoded to H.264 and tsmuxer doesn't do encoding.

You can retry until you are blue-in-the-face. It ain't gonna happen.
Well... not with the old Blu-Ray standards. But with the new standard that supports UHD playback, HEVC is supported.
__________________
Help with development of new apps: Donations.
Website: www.jdobbs.net
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2017, 17:14   #26579  |  Link
DrinkLyeAndDie
Registered User
 
DrinkLyeAndDie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 136
It would be nice to see BD Rebuilder add support for UHD be it size reduction, UHD to BD, UHD to DVD, or UHD to alternate movie-only output. Obviously, this requires work. It would be wonderful if a "Pro" version weren't necessary but there are obvious reasons why it would have to be. Count me as one of those interested.

Regardless of whether or not this path is gone down your hard work is always appreciated, jdobbs.

Last edited by DrinkLyeAndDie; 18th October 2017 at 17:39.
DrinkLyeAndDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2017, 17:38   #26580  |  Link
MrVideo
Registered User
 
MrVideo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Well... not with the old Blu-Ray standards. But with the new standard that supports UHD playback, HEVC is supported.
Right, only if you purchased a new UHD/4K player. I knew I should have stipulated 1080p H.264 (best video ) Blu-ray players. The Blu-ray term is very confusing, since both players use Blu-ray media, but even the 4K BD media is a little different. Just that they both use the Blu-ray laser.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.