Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Closed Thread

Old 13th January 2018, 06:28   #1661  |  Link
no-one

Do you have a problem with muxing m2ts HEVC? After process done when I play m2ts directly, it's stuttering and video/audio not sync.

Do you know how to fix it?
Old 17th January 2018, 22:47   #1662  |  Link
Yordan5

When tsMuxeR was created UHD was not around. It does not support HEVC hence, the stuttering.
Old 18th January 2018, 05:03   #1663  |  Link
spexman

tsMuxer does accept HEVC streams, so there is 'some' support.

That being said, any insight into solving the HEVC m2ts stutter issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old 18th January 2018, 10:42   #1664  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by spexman View Post
That being said, any insight into solving the HEVC m2ts stutter issue would be greatly appreciated.
What's the maximum bit-rate and profile settings of your HEVC encodes?

I recently created some 10Mbps encodes using Main and High @ Level 4.0, which were muxed to .m2ts with TSmuxer and both my LG TV and Oppo play them fine...
Old 18th January 2018, 13:52   #1665  |  Link
spexman

Thank you for your insight!
The mkvs have an average bitrate of 20Mbps and the level is 5.1.
Are you saying that perhaps a lower bitrate and or a lower level would allow them to play without the stutter/sync issues?
Have you created higher bitrate/level .m2ts files that do play properly?
Thanks!
Old 19th January 2018, 09:19   #1666  |  Link
A.Fenderson

If your target playback device is UHD-BD player (or something with similar restrictions), perhaps check this thread.
Old 19th January 2018, 10:45   #1667  |  Link
no-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Fenderson View Post
If your target playback device is UHD-BD player (or something with similar restrictions), perhaps check this thread.
Yes, I know this. But the problem is m2ts.
tsmuxer can make m2ts but it's stuttering and video/audio not sync.
Old 19th January 2018, 12:00   #1668  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-one View Post
Yes, I know this. But the problem is m2ts.
tsmuxer can make m2ts but it's stuttering and video/audio not sync.
What playback device are you using?
Old 19th January 2018, 12:46   #1669  |  Link
spexman

Sony UBP-X800
Old 19th January 2018, 12:51   #1670  |  Link
spexman

So, DVDFab UHD ripper, https://www.dvdfab.cn/uhd-ripper.htm...erpage,navmenu, claims it can create compliant .m2ts streams, passthrough or encoded....so why can't we from an mkv?
Old 19th January 2018, 14:22   #1671  |  Link
no-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
What playback device are you using?
I use Zappiti 4k mini player for play m2ts (tsmuxer output) directly.
And use lg up970 for play uhd-bd (TSM2UHD output).
Both have same problem.

Quote:
So, DVDFab UHD ripper, https://www.dvdfab.cn/uhd-ripper.htm...erpage,navmenu, claims it can create compliant .m2ts streams, passthrough or encoded....so why can't we from an mkv?
Yes, DVDFab can make it. But it can't to add sound that i want and it can add subtitle only srt file.

Last edited by no-one; 19th January 2018 at 14:27.
Old 19th January 2018, 15:12   #1672  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Sony UBP-X800
That's the same player I have... and I can mux with TSMUXER and play back UHD fine. You just have to make sure the stream is UHD-BD compliant -- which means you almost always have to reencode it.
Old 19th January 2018, 17:01   #1673  |  Link
spexman

jdobbs, thank you for your comments...and your interesting program.
Having the same player, you will know then that mkvs with DTSHD will play just fine(smooth video, proper audio), even at level 5.1. But, with Atmos mkvs, the video will play smoothly, but the Atmos is not recongnized(though AC3 is).
Thus the need to remux Atmos mkvs to m2ts. Remuxing to m2ts with TsMuxer gives Atmos playback but video stutter and sync issues.
I tried your program and then tried to playback the m2ts stream only--again, the stutter/sync issues were present. I did NOT try to burn to disc and play as a UHD.
You mention that the stream needs to be BD compliant--are you saying that it is the level 5.1 that makes it non-compliant, even though level 5.1 does work in an mkv?
Your insight is appreciated.
Old 20th January 2018, 12:28   #1674  |  Link
von Suppé

Strange. I was never able to use tsMuxer and mux Atmos only stream within m2ts.
Try to embed an independent AC3 stream into your Atmos stream and then mux again.
I think it has something to do with legacy hardware support in BD specs.

Of course, your video has to be BD compliant too.

Quote:
I think because within mkv you can only put Atmos in one audiotrack. For legacy AC3 you have to add an extra track.

BD m2ts has Atmos (which is True-HD(2D) core + extra Atmos-data) and an embedded, independent AC3 stream within one track. So, the AC3 track is not a core in this case.

There is a good thread here https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/...KV#post2432963 for making atmos mkv work on m2ts. This thread was started for BD, not UHD BD, but my guess is it maybe work...

For your completion, DTS-HD/DTS:X is different in build-up. It has a legacy dts core (such you'll find on movie dvd's), and a second, dependent data-stream for DTS-HD (2D). The core plus that extra data makes the DTS-HD (2D) stream. For DTS:X, there is a third, dependent data-stream. The core plus the second plus the third make up for your (3D) DTS:X sound.

Last edited by von Suppé; 20th January 2018 at 12:47.
Old 20th January 2018, 13:31   #1675  |  Link
spexman

von Suppe, thank you for the information--I am aware of the way the 2 audio streams/formats differ. When one embeds the AC3 into the Atmos stream, and creates an HEVC/THD(with)Atmos+ac3 m2ts via tsMuxer, the audio plays fine, but the picture stutters and the audio is out of sync. A standard BD m2ts stream works just fine, but the UHD stream doesn't, unfortunately. The bottom line is, can we make an mkv with THD/Atmos+embedded ac3, or can we create a HEVC m2ts that work properly...so far, the answer is no to both.
Old 20th January 2018, 13:53   #1676  |  Link
von Suppé

I know that for FullHD BD I have to use version 2.6.9 because higher version should have timing-bugs.
Don't know where I read it but I understand one needs latest version for UHD support...
Maybe jdobbs can help out in his TSM2UHD thread.
Old 20th January 2018, 15:01   #1677  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

I have noticed the time code bugs in the two latest versions, but AFAIK, they concern only the demuxing of the subtitle streams from a BD. I don't use tsMuxeR much for muxing, so I'm not sure, but AFAIK the two most recent versions work well for that job.
Old 20th January 2018, 15:10   #1678  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
jdobbs, thank you for your comments...and your interesting program.
Having the same player, you will know then that mkvs with DTSHD will play just fine(smooth video, proper audio), even at level 5.1. But, with Atmos mkvs, the video will play smoothly, but the Atmos is not recongnized(though AC3 is).
Thus the need to remux Atmos mkvs to m2ts. Remuxing to m2ts with TsMuxer gives Atmos playback but video stutter and sync issues.
I tried your program and then tried to playback the m2ts stream only--again, the stutter/sync issues were present. I did NOT try to burn to disc and play as a UHD.
You mention that the stream needs to be BD compliant--are you saying that it is the level 5.1 that makes it non-compliant, even though level 5.1 does work in an mkv?
Your insight is appreciated.
TSMUXER muxes HEVC using a start code that is the same as AVC. The BD standard uses a unique start code for HEVC. So all the headers in the video stream have to be updated as well as all the Program Map records. This applies only to the M2TS files in a BD structure, not MKV files. TSMUXER also uses incorrect values for the type and format of the video in the MPLS and CLPI files -- so that has to be updated. If the stream uses HDR, there also has to be an extension added to the MPLS. Finally, all the files (CLPI, MPLS, and the .BDMV files) have to be updated to show they comply with v3 of the BD standard (which supports UHD).

There are other requirements for HEVC in a BD structure as well, such as limits to GOP size, maximum bitrates, etc.

I don't believe Atmos support is required in a BD player -- if I recall correctly it is an extension that is optional. That's why a stream that contains Atmos must also contain a standard AC3 stream in the same mux. It could be the missing AC3 stream that is causing the confusion (even in the MKV) -- but that's just a guess.

Not sure if that answers your question. Let me know. As for level 5.1 -- every original disc I've seen uses 5.1.

Last edited by jdobbs; 20th January 2018 at 15:26.
Old 20th January 2018, 19:27   #1679  |  Link
Strigoyu

Hi, mates! I get some problems when trying to backup some of my Twilight Time & Eureka Blu-ray collection into custom Blu-rays (movie-only backup copies).

I try to remux the main movie with tsmuxer, but I get either a blurring image (Twilight Time), or a video/screen (some 2 minutes long) at the beginning (Eureka). Another strange (and interesting) case is that of Kino Lorber Blu-rays, very similar to that of Eureka, with a video of the company logo at the very beginning of the remuxed Blu-ray.

So, my question is, how can I get rid of that blurring image and of those boring videos at the beginning? I’m pretty sure it must be a kind of protection Eureka/Kino Lorber/Twilight Time use for their Blu-rays, and there has to be kind of a trick or something similar to remux the main movie properly, just as I do with other movies...

P.S.: I’ve also tried multiAVCHD with no remarkable good results, though...
Old 21st January 2018, 13:33   #1680  |  Link
von Suppé

Did you try the possibility to "Enable cutting" under the "Split & cut" tab? You'll need the start & end times.
Closed Thread