Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 19th June 2018, 20:02   #2941  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
Originally Posted by paauw View Post
Can you update gui options for QSVencc, like LA ICQ and other settings ?
Some new options have been added. I have to wait for a newer version since there currently problems with the latest version.
Revan654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2018, 08:32   #2942  |  Link
paauw

QSV intel h265

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan654 View Post
Some new options have been added. I have to wait for a newer version since there currently problems with the latest version.
I forgot to mention that i missed the options with intel h265....h264 has all this options...

in xmedia recode the options are working
paauw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2018, 20:21   #2943  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
I forgot to mention that i missed the options with intel h265....h264 has all this options...

in xmedia recode the options are working
xmedia uses an older version, Which does work. It's the newer versions that having issues. You can replace the current version with an older versions and everything should work. I know one user said he got everything to work with an older version.

The biggest issue right now it the colorspace flags. The sourcecode/.EXE and the documentation released with it are not matching up. Documentation claims X feature works, However even when you try to run outside of staxrip it still fails to run.

There not much I can do about this until the corrections are made.
Old 21st June 2018, 07:40   #2944  |  Link
mparade

Quote:
One side note, due to the changes in mediainfo for Master-Display will not auto-load anymore. Since mediainfo removed the color coordinates. It only shows the colorspace now.
Hello Revan654,

I would like to reencode my HDR10 sources with StaxRip.
All HDR parameters required for the encoder should manually be inserted to the x265 command line again? Isn't there any workaround out there then? Manual inserting would slow down my projects significantly.
mparade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2018, 08:58   #2945  |  Link
paauw

H265 setings in gui stxrip for intel qsv

revan,

What i ment with my wish, is if you can change the gui stacrip offers to alter the setting for h265 to have the same choices like in h264 intel qsv.
I did not wanted tohe HDR stuff, but would like more options to be available in h265 settings like LA-ICQ...
H265 is becoming popular and these settings are missing in the staxrip gui.
Can you make that ?
Old 21st June 2018, 13:43   #2946  |  Link
easyfab

paauw,

Are you sure intel QSV have LA-ICQ feature for HEVC ? Last time I check it didn't. And it's not Staxrip but intel driver to do that first.
easyfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2018, 15:38   #2947  |  Link
paauw

H265 setings in gui staxrip for intel qsv

Revan,

I did take the --check-- features option with qsvencc 1.06.exe and there were a lot of options available for my processor
Also other software works wher i can choose f.i la -icq (xmedia recode) but has other flaws...

Staxrip did'nt update qsvenc anymore after 2.75 and last 5-6 months i guess (not for sure) and therefore the gui of intel h265 (qsvenc) does not contain the options now available
It is really outdated and should be upgraded with the latest options to choose from....H265 is the next move in encoding and would really improve...it is as important as the nvencc...most computers have now the availability of hardware encoding with lightning fast encode time and quality
Old 21st June 2018, 15:41   #2948  |  Link
imhh11

Thanks Revan654 for the updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by mparade View Post
Hello Revan654,

All HDR parameters required for the encoder should manually be inserted to the x265 command line again? Isn't there any workaround out there then? Manual inserting would slow down my projects significantly.
+1 for that

there must be a way, theres only two master display line possible.

i dont know if its possible but maybe something like this:

-When mediainfo Mastering display color primaries say Display P3 then tell staxrip to set
--master-display "G(13250,34500)B(7500,3000)R(34000,16000)WP(15635,16450)

-When mediainfo Mastering display color primaries say Bt2020 then tell staxrip to set
--master-display "G(8500,39850)B(6550,2300)R(35400,14600)WP(15635,16450)

Display Luminance data are still reported by the newer mediainfo.

*Also, could it be possible to add some kind of CRF estimator/ calculator like Bd-Rebuilder ?

Last edited by imhh11; 9th August 2018 at 14:01.
imhh11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2018, 18:10   #2949  |  Link
Taurus

Quote:
Revan,

I did take the --check-- features option with qsvencc 1.06.exe and there were a lot of options available for my processor
Also other software works wher i can choose f.i la -icq (xmedia recode) but has other flaws...

Staxrip did'nt update qsvenc anymore after 2.75 and last 5-6 months i guess (not for sure) and therefore the gui of intel h265 (qsvenc) does not contain the options now available
It is really outdated and should be upgraded with the latest options to choose from....H265 is the next move in encoding and would really improve...it is as important as the nvencc...most computers have now the availability of hardware encoding with lightning fast encode time and quality
You know that you can tweak your heart out at the command line in the QSVEnc options page.
Just try all the new stuff and if you're satisfied with them save this settings as a template.
Easy as this...
Or wait until a kind soul plug all this new switches to the options page.
Taurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2018, 19:37   #2950  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
Hello Revan654,

Create a profile for HDR is the easiest way, The only thing that doesn't autoload in the VUI is the Master-Display data. Due to mediainfo and that data changes from monitor to monitor.
Old 21st June 2018, 19:49   #2951  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhh11 View Post
Thanks Revan654 for the updates

+1 for that

there must be a way, theres only two master display line possible.

i dont know if its possible but maybe something like this:

-When mediainfo Mastering display color primaries say Display P3 then tell staxrip to set
G(13250,34500)B(7500,3000)R(34000,16000)WP(15634,16450)

-When mediainfo Mastering display color primaries say Bt2020 then tell staxrip to set
G(13250,34500)B(7500,3000)R(35000,16000)WP(15634,16450)

Display Luminance data are still reported by the newer mediainfo.

*Also, could it be possible to add some kind of CRF estimator/ calculator like Bd-Rebuilder ?
The Master-Display should be set to monitor it was graded on. It will usually be within BT.2020 Range. P3 is not considered a proper HDR colorspace by many. Even Youtube refuses to enable HDR if you upload P3. just a small warning about that.

I've never used BD-Rebuilder not sure what that looks like or how it works.

I could add checking line and it would have to pass both sets to be enabled.

If Mediainfo returns BT.2020 = Pass, Now Check Luma if passed send BT.2020 Master-display data to codec.

The results would auto load adding BT.2020 Master-Display data to text box in the codec settings. of course this would only work with BT.2020 space anyone who tries to use P3 will will not pass the check.

Right now it tries to reads the full Master-Display line, Which is completely missing. So it fails everytime. I have no idea why mediainfo removed it. I tried to get them to add it back but never got reply back or it got buried in the massive thread about HDR.
Old 21st June 2018, 20:05   #2952  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
Revan,

QSVENCc settings and switches have been updated, It's one of first things I updated in the core settings. Documentation does not match the source code. If I add X switch from the Documentation it does not work when you enable the flag.

I would add the colorspace switches for 2020 and see if it runs. So far no one can get the newer version to run with BT.2020.

Some changes and updates to the switches some many not be visible to the outside. Many of the hardware encoders are still missing many import flags. It still comes down to Software vs Hardware encoder debate which I'm not going to touch.

I do tests outside of staxrip first to see if it runs, if it fails I know it's not in the source code yet or was cut. Allot of this is out of my hand and have no control over it.

Adding new switches and such is easy enough for me. Maybe list what switches you want added and I'll look into it.
Old 22nd June 2018, 07:16   #2953  |  Link
mparade

Quote:
Create a profile for HDR is the easiest way, The only thing that doesn't autoload in the VUI is the Master-Display data. Due to mediainfo and that data changes from monitor to monitor.
Thanks, but I think without Master-display data in the output
there will be a risk for my HDR TV not to dispay the video correctly. Don't you recommend to replace the new medianfo with the old one?
Old 22nd June 2018, 07:30   #2954  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
Thanks, but I think without Master-display data in the output
there will be a risk for my HDR TV not to dispay the video correctly. Don't you recommend to replace the new medianfo with the old one?
Never said you shouldn't include it, Just saying it doesn't auto-load.

The old one gave bad data readouts when it came to HDR10.
Old 22nd June 2018, 12:30   #2955  |  Link
mparade

Quote:
Never said you shouldn't include it, Just saying it doesn't auto-load.

The old one gave bad data readouts when it came to HDR10.
Thanks, so there is no any workaround yet. : (
Old 23rd June 2018, 20:07   #2956  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
Thanks, so there is no any workaround yet. : (
No, Since it tries to read the data from mediainfo, since the data isn't there so it fails everytime.

I could add default values for BT.2020 and other HDR colorspaces. However if it's off by one number it will fail.

I can't use the encoding settings since it can be completely missing from the metadata (Studios remove this data). I have a habit of removing it as well.

I would contact mediainfo and ask them to add the coordinate system for colorspace(HDR). If there enough interest, they will add it. I did ask them to add it but dev just stopped replying to the post.

I would run the file through mkvinfo and see if it's even output the coordinates. Sometimes that data isn't even in the core metadata but found elsewhere this is specially noticeable with studio releases.

I will do some testing to see what can be done but for now I would just create a codec profile and use that until mediainfo adds the feature.

Media Info:

Mediainfo(Even when I inject custom coordinate by other software, It remains unchanged):

MKVInfo(How it should be showing up):

Old 23rd June 2018, 21:04   #2957  |  Link
mparade

Maybe the answer is that most of/all the displays will not need those values at all to display the content correctly:

"… Metadata Usage
• Some TVs ignore metadata and don’t use it when present entirely (even when they state support for ST.2086) • Some TVs ignore metadata when present and assume own values for MaxCLL/MaxFALL/Mastering Display Peak Luminance (i.e. 1000nits) • Some TVs prioritise MaxCLL over Mastering Display Peak Luminance (i.e. ignore Mastering Display Peak value) • Some TVs prioritise Mastering Display Peak Luminance (i.e. ignore MaxCLL) • Some TVs use the higher of the two values of MaxCLL / Mastering Display Peak Luminance • Some TVs use MaxCLL only if lower than Mastering Display Peak Luminance. • Some TVs assume Metadata MUST be followed at all times and respond accordingly • Some TVs undertake processing of video frames to determine own values for MaxCLL, MaxFALL on a continual basis • Some TVs use combinations of above strategies “Metadata MAY be used by the display Then again it MAY NOT”

What about making use of the info resulting from MKVInfo instead of the ones from Mediainfo and calculate from them the ones that can be feeded into x265 command line?

Last edited by mparade; 23rd June 2018 at 21:13.
Old 25th June 2018, 17:47   #2958  |  Link
SKPN

Auto-generate chapters from cuts in video

Hey everyone,

I apologize if this has been asked before; I did a search of this thread, but didn't see anything for what I'm trying to do.

Is there any way to auto-generate chapters in a video to line up with where a video is cut? Basically, I have a 35 minute video. I cut out 4 separate sections, leaving me with a 21 minute video. I'd like to add chapters to line up with each individual section from cut to cut. Is this something that can be done via Staxrip?
SKPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2018, 21:41   #2959  |  Link
gonca

MediaInfo 17.10 still shows the coordinate system.
It was after this version that it was changed
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2018, 05:07   #2960  |  Link
dvd_maniac

I'm having an issue trying to encode a video file.
Can someone explain what the issue is and/or offer a resolution?

Error Demux audio using MP4Box 0.7.2-DEV-rev79 (1.7.0.0)
Demux audio using MP4Box 0.7.2-DEV-rev79 failed with exit code: 1 (0x1)
The exit code might be a system error code: STATUS_WAIT_1
The exit code might be a system error code: Incorrect function.

--------------- Demux audio using MP4Box 0.7.2-DEV-rev79 ---------------

C:\StaxRip\Apps\MP4Box\MP4Box.exe -single 2 -out "T:\PlayOn\Stargate SG-1\Season 1\Stargate SG-1 -..._temp\Stargate SG-1 - s01e01 - Children of the Gods, Part 1 ID1.m4a" "T:\PlayOn\Stargate SG-1\Season 1\Stargate SG-1 - s01e01 - Children of the Gods, Part 1.mp4"

[iso file] Read Box "tx3g" failed (Invalid IsoMedia File) - skipping
[iso file] Read Box "stsd" failed (Invalid IsoMedia File) - skipping
[iso file] Read Box "stbl" failed (Invalid IsoMedia File) - skipping
[iso file] Read Box "minf" failed (Invalid IsoMedia File) - skipping
[iso file] Read Box "mdia" failed (Invalid IsoMedia File) - skipping
[iso file] Read Box "trak" failed (Invalid IsoMedia File) - skipping
[iso file] Read Box "moov" failed (Invalid IsoMedia File) - skipping
Error opening file T:\PlayOn\Stargate SG-1\Season 1\Stargate SG-1 - s01e01 - Children of the Gods, Part 1.mp4: Invalid IsoMedia File

StaxRip.ErrorAbortException: Demux audio using MP4Box 0.7.2-DEV-rev79 failed with exit code: 1 (0x1)

The exit code might be a system error code: STATUS_WAIT_1

The exit code might be a system error code: Incorrect function.

--------------- Demux audio using MP4Box 0.7.2-DEV-rev79 ---------------

C:\StaxRip\Apps\MP4Box\MP4Box.exe -single 2 -out "T:\PlayOn\Stargate SG-1\Season 1\Stargate SG-1 -..._temp\Stargate SG-1 - s01e01 - Children of the Gods, Part 1 ID1.m4a" "T:\PlayOn\Stargate SG-1\Season 1\Stargate SG-1 - s01e01 - Children of the Gods, Part 1.mp4"

[iso file] Read Box "tx3g" failed (Invalid IsoMedia File) - skipping
[iso file] Read Box "stsd" failed (Invalid IsoMedia File) - skipping
[iso file] Read Box "stbl" failed (Invalid IsoMedia File) - skipping
[iso file] Read Box "minf" failed (Invalid IsoMedia File) - skipping
[iso file] Read Box "mdia" failed (Invalid IsoMedia File) - skipping
[iso file] Read Box "trak" failed (Invalid IsoMedia File) - skipping
[iso file] Read Box "moov" failed (Invalid IsoMedia File) - skipping
Error opening file T:\PlayOn\Stargate SG-1\Season 1\Stargate SG-1 - s01e01 - Children of the Gods, Part 1.mp4: Invalid IsoMedia File

at StaxRip.Proc.Start() in D:\Projekte\VS\VB\StaxRip\General\Proc.vb:line 338
at StaxRip.MP4BoxDemuxer.Demux(String sourcefile, AudioStream stream, AudioProfile ap, Project proj) in D:\Projekte\VS\VB\StaxRip\General\Demux.vb:line 601
at StaxRip.MP4BoxDemuxer.Run(Project proj) in D:\Projekte\VS\VB\StaxRip\General\Demux.vb:line 471
at StaxRip.MainForm.Demux() in D:\Projekte\VS\VB\StaxRip\Forms\MainForm.vb:line 3119
at StaxRip.MainForm.OpenVideoSourceFiles(IEnumerable`1 files, Boolean isEncoding) in D:\Projekte\VS\VB\StaxRip\Forms\MainForm.vb:line 1962
dvd_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote