Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 16th July 2017, 17:21   #26261  |  Link
gonca

@Sharc
Do you, by chancs, have Verbose Status Reporting checked under Settings?
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2017, 18:32   #26262  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonca View Post
@Sharc
Oh yes! That's a change which I made recently only. I didn't think that it disables the logging to the HD. Thanks!
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2017, 19:01   #26263  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryrabknowles View Post
Slightly better audio quality than 640kbps ac3 that maintains backwards compatibility with SPDIF.
That's debatable... especially since double-blind tests have proven 640Kbs AC3 to be indistinguishable from lossless (to human beings).
Old 16th July 2017, 19:05   #26264  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
Oh yes! That's a change which I made recently only. I didn't think that it disables the logging to the HD. Thanks!
I doesn't stop from writing to HD, but it does reduce the number of things written.

But... there is an option under the FILE menu called "Status Logging On". Make sure that is checked. I'd forgotten I even had that there.

Last edited by jdobbs; 16th July 2017 at 19:15.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2017, 19:57   #26265  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
But... there is an option under the FILE menu called "Status Logging On". Make sure that is checked. I'd forgotten I even had that there.
Oh I missed that option. It got probably reset when I installed v0.50.24 from scratch. All ok now. Thanks!
Old 16th July 2017, 20:19   #26266  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
Oh I missed that option. It got probably reset when I installed v0.50.24 from scratch. All ok now. Thanks!
It defaults to on. I'm guessing it just accidentally got reset at some point.
Old 16th July 2017, 20:56   #26267  |  Link
bryrabknowles

Quote:
I don't think I ever explained my other question very well.

BDRB stops Multiprocessing from being used on smaller files during a Full Disc Reencode.

When using Multiprocessing, I find that I get better results if I lower the number of threads used. For Multiprocess=12, I set Threads=1.

This works great for the main feature.

The problem I run into is when BDRB processes the smaller files on the disc that default back to only 1 process, the program still uses Threads=1. I was hoping you might include a fix for this in hidden options so that BDRB knows to use a different number of threads for those files.

For Multiprocess=0, the program would use the number of threads defined in Threads=y
For Multiprocess=x>0, the program would use the number of threads defined in Threads_MP=y
Am I the only one with this issue... seems to keep getting lost in the thread.
bryrabknowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2017, 23:42   #26268  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
@Sharc
Ah, yet again, Gonca dazzles us with his keen insight. Take note fellow Dobbsies, it's kind of like a full solar eclipse... You may only see this once in your lifetime...
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2017, 01:06   #26269  |  Link
gonca

@Lathe
First it a small g
Second, please accept this in the spirit it was meant,

Old 17th July 2017, 01:36   #26270  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
@Lathe
First it a small g
Second, please accept this in the spirit it was meant,

WOW, that is quite a face!

small 'g' huh...? Oooooh, aren't we humble... small 'g'.... No capital pretensions from me, oh no... Just a lowly, I'm your humble servant, 'I don't need a capital' gonca...

Old 17th July 2017, 02:01   #26271  |  Link
gonca

Lathe, you really need to get out more
Old 17th July 2017, 02:49   #26272  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Lathe, you really need to get out more
Don't change the subject little 'g'...

And, YES, I do indeed need to get out more...

Last edited by Lathe; 18th July 2017 at 01:40.
Old 17th July 2017, 21:41   #26273  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Slightly better audio quality than 640kbps ac3 that maintains backwards compatibility with SPDIF.
As jdobbs says, doubtful. Especially when feeding it an EAC3 file. You can't get something better from such a source. You'll never hear the difference.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2017, 02:47   #26274  |  Link
Lathe

WOW! I had taken the Xtras from 'GHOST IN THE SHELL' and created a playable BD5. But, my older OPPO sometimes doesn't like some of the newer Java or something in some of the newer menus (I remember reading SOMETHING about it, but I can't remember precisely what it was) and it just showed 'Wrong disc' as it has a number of times before.

So, I don't normally do this, but I then imported that BD folder and rendered it with a quick play menu. Now the WOW part I was stunned when I went to play the disc and all of the sudden the entire background was full of these awesome graphics and sound. NEVER saw that before. Apparently, BDRB recognized and took the original discs background imagery and sound and used it here. WOW, did that look frigg'n AWESOME! Very impressive JD! I guess I just had never had opportunity to use this aspect of BDRB, but I had to come here and say how amazing that looked! Bloody awesome feature man, thanks for that!
Old 18th July 2017, 05:04   #26275  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
WOW! I had taken the Xtras from 'GHOST IN THE SHELL' and created a playable BD5. But, my older OPPO sometimes doesn't like some of the newer Java or something in some of the newer menus (I remember reading SOMETHING about it, but I can't remember precisely what it was) and it just showed 'Wrong disc' as it has a number of times before.

So, I don't normally do this, but I then imported that BD folder and rendered it with a quick play menu. Now the WOW part I was stunned when I went to play the disc and all of the sudden the entire background was full of these awesome graphics and sound. NEVER saw that before. Apparently, BDRB recognized and took the original discs background imagery and sound and used it here. WOW, did that look frigg'n AWESOME! Very impressive JD! I guess I just had never had opportunity to use this aspect of BDRB, but I had to come here and say how amazing that looked! Bloody awesome feature man, thanks for that!
Glad you got some use out of it. I put a lot of work into that reauthoring code. Thanks for the kind words.

Last edited by jdobbs; 18th July 2017 at 13:09.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2017, 05:59   #26276  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Glad you got some use out of it. I put a lot of work into that restoring code. Thanks for the kind words.
Absolutely! Normally, if there are just a few Xtras, I would just import them into BDRB and let it create it's default, static menu. But, sometimes with more visually oriented films, it might be nice to keep the menus, especially if there are numerous Xtras. BUT... like I mentioned, the older OPPO players sometimes choke on the newer menus if they've been backed up. Something about 'something' timing out, I don't remember... But, what is nice now that I've seen how BDRB can retain the original menu visuals and sound, simply importing the already BDRB created Xtras disc with menus, entering the title names of the Xtras, and THEN burning it, yields REALLY nice results!

I remember discussion here about how BDRB could use the existing menu backgrounds, but I had NO idea that it would come out so amazingly. So, after this, I will plan on doing that every time

I will try to attach a link if you wanna see how the background looks and sounds. You can imagine since this was my very first time seeing BDRB do this, I was quite blown away!

http://lathe-of-heaven.com/gitsmenu.mkv (it IS about 50 megs, sorry... it took me about 20 seconds to DL)
Old 18th July 2017, 11:05   #26277  |  Link
bbcby

Help please.
Code:
Target BD size: BD-25
Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=0 HD=1 Kbs=640
Why BD Rebuilder force reencode DTS-HD 2.0 to AC3?
bbcby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2017, 17:55   #26278  |  Link
mparade

@jdobbs

In case of an alternate output (if I remember correctly you told you might add such a feature to BD-RB) is it possible to use unique parameters without any restrictions that are added automatically to the commandline? My playback device is a HTPC, so there would be no need for any restrictions to be able to play back alternate outputs without any playback issues.

I just would like to determine the preset, the profile, the tune and some other parameters by myself in the command line using the tweak option. If I remember correctly, in the previous releases some restrictions were added automatically to the commandline. Is it possible to disable them with a hidden switch and add my own parameters?

Thank you very much for your help.
mparade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2017, 22:00   #26279  |  Link
bryrabknowles

Rather than use Quick Encode for Extras, is there any way to set BDRB to encode extras in SD?
bryrabknowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2017, 13:42   #26280  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mparade View Post
@jdobbs

In case of an alternate output (if I remember correctly you told you might add such a feature to BD-RB) is it possible to use unique parameters without any restrictions that are added automatically to the commandline? My playback device is a HTPC, so there would be no need for any restrictions to be able to play back alternate outputs without any playback issues.

I just would like to determine the preset, the profile, the tune and some other parameters by myself in the command line using the tweak option. If I remember correctly, in the previous releases some restrictions were added automatically to the commandline. Is it possible to disable them with a hidden switch and add my own parameters?

Thank you very much for your help.
From the hiddenopts.txt:
Quote:
ALTERNATE_BLURAY=n n = 0/1 Default "1", if set to "0" --bluray-compat setting not used for ALTERNATE encodes
removes the blu-ray restrictions.