Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Newbies

Old 4th March 2010, 02:14   #1  |  Link
n0an
Britain's Finest!

AVISynth MT memory leak issues.

So, I have been using Jeremy Duncan's AVISynth MT for quite a while, and I often face memory leak issues. Same scripts work fine without it, but die during 2 pass with MT/SetMTMode()->Distributor(). SetMemoryMax helps usually to prevent the leak, but it fails at times too. This one particular script I am using even leaks with SetMemoryMax(512). First pass is fine at ~30fps, but the leak starts in the 2nd pass and the encode starts to die - it eventually hits 0 fps.

Here's the script:

Code:
SetMemoryMax(512)
SetMTMode(2,0)
dgdecode_MPEG2Source("C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Videos\MT_test\VTS_12_1.d2v)

tfm(field=1, order=1, mode=6).tdecimate() #TIVTV

Crop(0, 60, -2, -60) #Crop

#resize

FFT3DFilter(sigma=0.3, sigma2=0.3, bw=32, bh=32, ow=16, oh=16, bt=3, plane=4, wintype=2, dehalo=0.2, degrid=0.3) #Denoise

sharpen(0.2) #sharpen

tweak(bright=-4, sat=1.05) #Colors

Distributor()

#Encoder: x264
#CPU Usage: 100%
#Processor Type: Core i7 920
#RAM Usage: 109k
#Installed RAM: 12GB
Can anyone recommend me a workaround for this? What other MT builds could I use? I checked the support page for MT and tried SEt's x64 version of FFT3DFilter() and followed the steps on the readme, but that gives the doesn't-exist error for SetMTMode().

Last edited by n0an; 4th March 2010 at 02:30.
n0an is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 11:48   #2  |  Link
Gavino
Avisynth language lover

Why not use the official MT build (based on Avisynth 2.5.7)? There's nothing in your script that requires the new features of v2.5.8.

Also, I believe Mpeg2Source requires SetMTMode(5).
Gavino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 16:29   #3  |  Link
n0an
Britain's Finest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavino View Post
Why not use the official MT build (based on Avisynth 2.5.7)? There's nothing in your script that requires the new features of v2.5.8.

Also, I believe Mpeg2Source requires SetMTMode(5).
Is it the one by SEt? The one I am using worked fine after 4 failures yesterday, but now when I re-run the same encode, it either leaks or crashes the vfw4x264.exe. Also, the CPU usage on all cores was 100%. Is it safe?
Old 4th March 2010, 17:23   #4  |  Link
Gavino
Avisynth language lover

SEt's build is probably more reliable than Jeremy Duncan's. But I was referring to tsp's original MT build, available from http://www.avisynth.org/tsp/MT_07.zip.
Gavino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 23:09   #5  |  Link
n0an
Britain's Finest!

The one by JD's acts up a few a few encodes, then replacing the .dll's makes it work fine. I will try tsp's and report back. Thanks!