Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 2nd March 2016, 06:30   #23701  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
I have a dumb question. Why would you want to rename Star Trek (any series) episode titles?
No, it's not dumb at all... (I'M the one around here asking 'Dumb' questions...) Basically what JD said (above) When you import the TNG discs (or any so far that I've noticed) BDRB shows the titles as: 00001, 00002, 00003, etc. So, when BDRB asks you about the titles that you are importing, I just go to the top of the page for each title highlighted and change it to the name of the episode. I am not currently burning these backups, but they are going to one of my (many) HDDs, so I don't know how they will actually play if I ever need to burn them, but from what I've seen of discs where I have imported a number of BD titles, each title simply shows on the basic menu that BDRB constructs for you. So, I'm ASSUMING that the episode titles that I have renamed will show on the menu.
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2016, 07:28   #23702  |  Link
Rich86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
Hmmm, that is very interesting. I've never had any trouble at all with TrueHD whatsoever. I don't think I've watched too many titles though with seamless branching, so I don't remember if I had any trouble with that. As far as I can say, and I've played probably hundreds of Blu-ray titles on it (including many series) in the last 5 years, I haven't had any trouble with those things that I can remember. Besides, I would expect OPPO, who are VERY conscientious, to keep their players current with updates.

But, if that indeed IS the case, that is good to know... I frigg'n LOVE mine though!
From what I've read, there isn't much Oppo can do about the problem as it is a hardware issue (processor in those models cannot handle Dolby TrueHD/Atmos in conjunction with complex seamless branching). The 103/105 models utilize a more powerful processor and work fine, but of course those have cinavia infected hardware/firmware.
Rich86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2016, 08:15   #23703  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
If you are importing or re-authoring you are given default titles that are fairly meaningless (basic source disc/time text). So in the title editor you can replace those with actual text that matches that used officially for the episode -- for example you can get them from Wikipedia's episode indexes or the disc cover. The titles are used in the newly create menus, and are also used when you create an ALTERNATE output to MKV or MP4.
Oh, those titles. I thought it was episode titles.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2016, 23:42   #23704  |  Link
Todd Sauve

How do I Setup BDRB to Process a Concert with Both Audio Tracks?

Hi,

I am having a terrible time trying to have BDRB process a concert I have while retaining both the DTS-MA and LPCM stereo audio tracks to a BD 25 disc size. It only retains the DTS-MA track and discards the LPCM track.

I have tried virtually every setting I can think of in the program but it always rejects the LPCM track, though one time it did compress both the DTS-MA and LPCM to DTS-Core and AC3 640. But I can't even remember that setting anymore!

Can someone show me the exact settings to use to accomplish this?

I have ripped the "Main Movie" to an MKV file using MakeMKV and it is about 36 GBs in size, and it retained both DTS-MA and LPCM audio tracks. This is the file I am working from and I am using BDRB 50.12.

Last edited by Todd Sauve; 2nd March 2016 at 23:46.
Todd Sauve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2016, 00:49   #23705  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Sauve View Post
Hi,

I am having a terrible time trying to have BDRB process a concert I have while retaining both the DTS-MA and LPCM stereo audio tracks to a BD 25 disc size. It only retains the DTS-MA track and discards the LPCM track.

I have tried virtually every setting I can think of in the program but it always rejects the LPCM track, though one time it did compress both the DTS-MA and LPCM to DTS-Core and AC3 640. But I can't even remember that setting anymore!

Can someone show me the exact settings to use to accomplish this?

I have ripped the "Main Movie" to an MKV file using MakeMKV and it is about 36 GBs in size, and it retained both DTS-MA and LPCM audio tracks. This is the file I am working from and I am using BDRB 50.12.
By default BD-RB reencodes LPCM to AC3. Look for KEEP_HD_LPCM in HIDDENOPTS.TXT. But LPCM is an incredible waste of space with no return benefit and I don't recommend it.

Last edited by jdobbs; 3rd March 2016 at 00:51.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2016, 01:11   #23706  |  Link
Todd Sauve

Thanks for your reply.

However, I can't even get BDRB to keep the DTS-MA and also the LPCM converted to AC3 as a BD25 disc! I don't know why ...

I have found the HIDDENOPTS.TXT and chenged it from n to y. Is that how it is done or is there more to it?

I wouldn't have these troubles if DVDFAB would actually shrink my concert to the BD25 option properly, but it keeps making a file that is just a few megs too big to fit on my Optical Quantum BD25 blanks and it makes me very angry! ARGHH!

Last edited by Todd Sauve; 3rd March 2016 at 01:19.
Old 3rd March 2016, 01:25   #23707  |  Link
jdobbs

Read the directions at the top of the HIDDENOPTS.TXT file. That file is just an informational text file telling you what hidden options are available. The changes have to be made to the [Options] section of BDREBUILDER.INI in the installation folder. You can get to it by selecting "View/Edit Config File" from the BD Rebuilder "File" menu.

BD Rebuilder will keep any audio you have selected. You can set rules for what is kept from the SETUP dialog. You can also override the settings by double-clicking on the audio stream in the streams list (an X means it isn't being kept). You can also force BD-RB to keep (rather than reencode) audio -- look at the FAQ sticky for more info.

Last edited by jdobbs; 3rd March 2016 at 01:57.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2016, 05:13   #23708  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
I wouldn't have these troubles if DVDFAB would actually shrink my concert to the BD25 option properly, but it keeps making a file that is just a few megs too big to fit on my Optical Quantum BD25 blanks and it makes me very angry! ARGHH!
It seems that 9.2.3.1, and the previous version, have this problem. I too have run into the issue.
Old 3rd March 2016, 07:48   #23709  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
Not a bug in BD-RB, just for information:
Since recently I experienced a number of mysterious and random "Encode failed. Aborting" cases. I am normally using DGdecNV as frame server and I noticed that the index file .dgi did not get created. Apparently the indexing process did not start for some reason.
Eventually I found that DGindexNV.exe does sometimes not start, but fails silently instead. In Donald's forum I received the hint that a virus scanner could be the root cause, and indeed, disabling the real-time scanner of Windows Defender (W10) seems to have solved the issue.
I thought I would post this, as same or similar might be the cause for mysterious "Encode failed. Aborting" messages of BD-RB.
I stay corrected:
Startup problem was not due to Defender.
Download the latest DGDecNV binaries (slipstream of 2nd March) where the start-up problem got definitely solved.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2016, 09:02   #23710  |  Link
Todd Sauve

Quote:
It seems that 9.2.3.1, and the previous version, have this problem. I too have run into the issue.
I went scrounging through my older downloads and found DVDFAB 9205 and it works properly, shrinking everything down to a properly working size for a BD25 disc. If you can lay your hands on that version you will be good to go again.
Old 3rd March 2016, 15:00   #23711  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
I went scrounging through my older downloads and found DVDFAB 9205 and it works properly, shrinking everything down to a properly working size for a BD25 disc. If you can lay your hands on that version you will be good to go again.
This is not a DVDFAB thread. Please stay on topic. It's appropriate to talk about DVDFAB as it applies to it's use with BD-RB, but this thread is already big enough without using it as a catch-all.
Old 3rd March 2016, 16:22   #23712  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolito View Post
I already asked a while ago:
Still not endorsing AviSynth 2.60? A lot of other software now requires it, and switching between different versions (while possible) is just annoying.

Cheers
manolito
I've been using it for quite a while now, and have had no issues. BD-RB's INSPECT doesn't give any errors when you have it installed (in fact the only requirement is that the version be 2.57 or higher).

I guess what you mean by "endorsing" is changing the first post of this thread to read v2.60 rather than v2.58 -- so I guess I can do that.
Old 3rd March 2016, 20:34   #23713  |  Link
Sharc

BD-RB still distributes decomb521.dll with the package.
Is there a reason for not updating to decomb524.dll which has been optimized for avisynth 2.6 AFAIK?
Old 3rd March 2016, 21:44   #23714  |  Link
soneca

Quote:
I stay corrected:
Startup problem was not due to Defender.
Download the latest DGDecNV binaries (slipstream of 2nd March) where the start-up problem got definitely solved.
Replacing only the DGIndexNV.exe file with the new version is enough?
soneca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2016, 21:56   #23715  |  Link
Sharc

Yes. But you have to re-download the latest slipstream.
Old 3rd March 2016, 22:03   #23716  |  Link
soneca

Thank you!
soneca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2016, 00:01   #23717  |  Link
manolito

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I guess what you mean by "endorsing" is changing the first post of this thread to read v2.60 rather than v2.58 -- so I guess I can do that.
Exactly...
Thanks
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2016, 05:40   #23718  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Yes. But you have to re-download the latest slipstream.
Slipstream? I've been using DGDecNV for a long time. I have no idea what slipstream is.
Old 4th March 2016, 07:28   #23719  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Slipstream? I've been using DGDecNV for a long time. I have no idea what slipstream is.
It's Anthony Hopkins' directorial debut...
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2016, 08:22   #23720  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
http://rationalqm.us/board/viewtopic...=8&t=463#p4739