Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 20th May 2014, 22:18   #20321  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonwk View Post
Hi jdobbs,

I just decided to give BD Rebuilder (BD-RBV04706.zip) a try, but as usual I run any software that I get thru VirusTotal ... and VT tagged your latest version with 3 TROJANS

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/2...5a45/analysis/

But since I totally TRUST doom9 and the team here, I am totally baffled.

So, what is the Story ... are these False Positive?

Thanks,

G!
If you downloaded from Doom9 or from my site you are getting a false positive. Dump your virus software and replace it with one that works.

As always... I'm not positive which is worse, viruses or anti-virus software. They both prevent your computer from working they way it should. I keep mine disabled most of the time. Not only are they always interfering with other software -- they also slow your system down to a crawl.

Last edited by jdobbs; 20th May 2014 at 22:31.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2014, 23:01   #20322  |  Link
gonwk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
If you downloaded from Doom9 or from my site you are getting a false positive. Dump your virus software and replace it with one that works.

As always... I'm not positive which is worse, viruses or anti-virus software. They both prevent your computer from working they way it should. I keep mine disabled most of the time. Not only are they always interfering with other software -- they also slow your system down to a crawl.
Hi jdobbs,

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Feel much better, I will make sure I get it from Doom9.

G!
gonwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2014, 03:36   #20323  |  Link
italianodemivida

Subtitle 3D

When I perform the compression to full 3D BD25, the image is excellent but I don't get the subtitles in 3D, why?
italianodemivida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2014, 03:47   #20324  |  Link
HWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianodemivida View Post
When I perform the compression to full 3D BD25, the image is excellent but I don't get the subtitles in 3D, why?
This is known problem and limitation. BD-Rebuilder rely on external program to build disc back. As a result program which it relies on can't work with 3D subtitle.

Jdobbs, try to get working but no go in this case.
Old 21st May 2014, 07:36   #20325  |  Link
Lathe

Chapter stops disabled...

Mr. Dobbs,

I recently used BDRB to import 3 Blu-ray folders and create one playable disc, which worked perfectly fine. But, for some odd reason, in playing back the resulting disc, only one of the 3 movies allowed me to use chapter stops; the other 2 would not. Is there anything that BDRB would do while importing that would somehow remove the chapter functionality, or do you think that that would more likely have been caused by TSMuxer which I used to create the Blu-ray folders before importing? This was really odd, because in using TSMuxer hundreds of times, this was the very first time ever that I had seen ANY Blu-ray created that would not allow chapter stops on playback.

Thank you JDobbs!
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2014, 14:12   #20326  |  Link

@Lathe

This appears to be a crosspost of an issue you raised in another thread.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=170644

Therefore, I ask you again:

What is your source file please? An original bluray disk? Why do you need TSMuxer?

Note that crossposts can incur strikes. I recommend that you carefully read and follow our forum rules.

Last edited by Guest; 21st May 2014 at 14:18.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2014, 22:19   #20327  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
Mr. Dobbs,

I recently used BDRB to import 3 Blu-ray folders and create one playable disc, which worked perfectly fine. But, for some odd reason, in playing back the resulting disc, only one of the 3 movies allowed me to use chapter stops; the other 2 would not. Is there anything that BDRB would do while importing that would somehow remove the chapter functionality, or do you think that that would more likely have been caused by TSMuxer which I used to create the Blu-ray folders before importing? This was really odd, because in using TSMuxer hundreds of times, this was the very first time ever that I had seen ANY Blu-ray created that would not allow chapter stops on playback.

Thank you JDobbs!
I'm sorry, but please review the thread and the criteria for bug reporting. I don't accept bug reports on preprocessed sources. Experience has proven that almost ALL reports using preprocessed sources were shown to have issues before being presented to BD-RB for backup.
Old 22nd May 2014, 02:56   #20328  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
I'm sorry, but please review the thread and the criteria for bug reporting. I don't accept bug reports on preprocessed sources. Experience has proven that almost ALL reports using preprocessed sources were shown to have issues before being presented to BD-RB for backup.
Sure thing; my apologies. I will be more careful in the future.

Thanks!
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2014, 18:43   #20329  |  Link
Pod7381

Quick rant

I have been using BD-Rebuilder to make backups of my Blu-ray collection for years so I am not a complete novice. Having said that, trying to backup a 3D movie has become way to complicated for my feeble brain. Do I need to modify the ini file when using the latest build or do the automatic settings work "as is"? What are the correct settings anyway? I have tried to configure the settings but it takes 15 hrs. to complete a trial run. That's too long to find out the encode has failed in some way. (so I just abort each attempt).
I have an old i7 processor. Can I enable Quick Sync and how exactly do I do that?
I am not lazy. I have read hundreds of posts, but I cannot figure out what the current "working" configuration is.
If someone could just post step by step instructions on how to back up 3D movies for dummies like me, I would be truly grateful and I bet alot of other people would be grateful as well.
Before ending this quick rant I would like acknowledge the great work that JDobbs has done over the years to develop this software. I am not complaining, I appreciate having this software....just a little frustrated right now that I can't figure this out on my own.
Pod7381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2014, 20:19   #20330  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pod7381 View Post
I have been using BD-Rebuilder to make backups of my Blu-ray collection for years so I am not a complete novice. Having said that, trying to backup a 3D movie has become way to complicated for my feeble brain. Do I need to modify the ini file when using the latest build or do the automatic settings work "as is"? What are the correct settings anyway? I have tried to configure the settings but it takes 15 hrs. to complete a trial run. That's too long to find out the encode has failed in some way. (so I just abort each attempt).
I have an old i7 processor. Can I enable Quick Sync and how exactly do I do that?
I am not lazy. I have read hundreds of posts, but I cannot figure out what the current "working" configuration is.
If someone could just post step by step instructions on how to back up 3D movies for dummies like me, I would be truly grateful and I bet alot of other people would be grateful as well.
Before ending this quick rant I would like acknowledge the great work that JDobbs has done over the years to develop this software. I am not complaining, I appreciate having this software....just a little frustrated right now that I can't figure this out on my own.
You really don't have to do anything special. Use the same settings you always use, and BD-RB handles it fine. It recognizes a 3D source automatically and does what needs to be done without intervention. The only time you have to worry about the INI with 3D is if you want to make a 2D backup from a 3D disc.

But... it does take quite a bit longer since you can't use X264 for the encoding. You are also encoding twice as many frames (left and right views).

If you have an older processor it is unlikely you have quick-sync.

Last edited by jdobbs; 23rd May 2014 at 20:23.
Old 24th May 2014, 00:33   #20331  |  Link
HWK

Quote:
You really don't have to do anything special. Use the same settings you always use, and BD-RB handles it fine. It recognizes a 3D source automatically and does what needs to be done without intervention. The only time you have to worry about the INI with 3D is if you want to make a 2D backup from a 3D disc.

But... it does take quite a bit longer since you can't use X264 for the encoding. You are also encoding twice as many frames (left and right views).

If you have an older processor it is unlikely you have quick-sync.
Jdobbs, I would also add require minimum of windows 7 for 3D to work.
Old 24th May 2014, 02:15   #20332  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWK View Post
Jdobbs, I would also add require minimum of windows 7 for 3D to work.
Good point.
Old 24th May 2014, 09:14   #20333  |  Link
Chuckwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipperBizkut View Post
Hello all. I hate to ask again, but I was wondering if anyone else was having problems importing mkv files and re-encoding them to 720p BD5s. I don't believe that it is my system, but it would be nice to know for sure that I'm not crazier than previously thought. Thanks!

As an aside, is there any way to make an older version of BD Rebuilder work again once you get the expired notice from said version?
I didn't see that there had been a resolution to this problem, and I think I've run into the same issue.

I have only recently started playing with the import feature, so I'm not sure I really know what I'm doing. But, as a test, a tried to import an MKV file that is 1912x1072, using BDRB version 47.06. The resulting output is just a gray screen. Further digging led me to look at the pseudo BD created during the process, prior to backup and re-encode. Looking at the stream created from the MKV, for some reason, it is converted to 720x480. It plays fine, it's just small. Then when the re-encode takes place, BDRB thinks it's 1280x720. I believe this is where the fail occurs and the result is the gray screen.

Since tsmuxer was mentioned earlier, I back-revved it to a different version I had on my system from Aug of last year. (1.10.6) Using that version, the pseudo BD has a stream from the MKV that is now 1912x1072. It also plays fine, and is now the same size as the original.

Wondering if it had something to do with the slightly off resolution of the input file, I have tried with several different MKV files, of varying resolutions, and it always makes them 720x480. However, when I used a MKV file create by BDRB from a blu-ray source, that is exactly 1920x1080, the intermediate step creating the pseudo BD works fine, and I get a stream that is 1920x1080. I then tried a video shot with my DSLR, which is 1920x1080, and it works fine also in spite of being an odd .mts file, and the BD created from it also plays fine, no grey screen.

So it would seem there is some oddity with the 2.6.12 version of tsmuxer included with the 47.06 build. It seems to resize the video, if it isn't 1920x1080, while creating the pseudo BD structure. And that resize seems to cause the re-encode to fail with a gray screen.

I don't have any 1280x720 sized MKVs readily available to test if they import ok, or any slightly off sized ones in the same 720 range. So I can't say if that has an issue or not.

Chuckwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2014, 12:12   #20334  |  Link

@Chuckwagon

Where do you get these MKV files? And did you not see jdobb's statement:

"I'm sorry, but please review the thread and the criteria for bug reporting. I don't accept bug reports on preprocessed sources. Experience has proven that almost ALL reports using preprocessed sources were shown to have issues before being presented to BD-RB for backup."
Old 24th May 2014, 13:31   #20335  |  Link
krassle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckwagon View Post
I didn't see that there had been a resolution to this problem, and I think I've run into the same issue.

I have only recently started playing with the import feature, so I'm not sure I really know what I'm doing. But, as a test, a tried to import an MKV file that is 1912x1072, using BDRB version 47.06. The resulting output is just a gray screen. Further digging led me to look at the pseudo BD created during the process, prior to backup and re-encode. Looking at the stream created from the MKV, for some reason, it is converted to 720x480. It plays fine, it's just small. Then when the re-encode takes place, BDRB thinks it's 1280x720. I believe this is where the fail occurs and the result is the gray screen.

Since tsmuxer was mentioned earlier, I back-revved it to a different version I had on my system from Aug of last year. (1.10.6) Using that version, the pseudo BD has a stream from the MKV that is now 1912x1072. It also plays fine, and is now the same size as the original.
So it would seem there is some oddity with the 2.6.12 version of tsmuxer included with the 47.06 build. It seems to resize the video, if it isn't 1920x1080, while creating the pseudo BD structure. And that resize seems to cause the re-encode to fail with a gray screen.

I don't have any 1280x720 sized MKVs readily available to test if they import ok, or any slightly off sized ones in the same 720 range. So I can't say if that has an issue or not.

I also have one issue with latest tsMuxeR (though not same) and after reverting back to v1.10.6 it disappears.
It seems either tsmuxer or MKVToolNix(or both) cut/add something from/to the elementary stream, so that after making a MKV out of AVCHD muxed m2ts source, there is seeking problem in software players(mpc-hc).
So I'm staying with old version for now, until I figure the cause.

Also MediaInfo does not show 'Writing library' & 'Encoding settings' entries in Video section anymore... Someone know why this is? (I liked being able to see x264 version & settings)

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk
krassle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2014, 16:26   #20336  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:

Wondering if it had something to do with the slightly off resolution of the input file, I have tried with several different MKV files, of varying resolutions, and it always makes them 720x480. However, when I used a MKV file create by BDRB from a blu-ray source, that is exactly 1920x1080, the intermediate step creating the pseudo BD works fine, and I get a stream that is 1920x1080. I then tried a video shot with my DSLR, which is 1920x1080, and it works fine also in spite of being an odd .mts file, and the BD created from it also plays fine, no grey screen.

No resolution because as best as I can tell there is no problem. I've tested it to death -- and it works every time for me.

But... why on earth would anyone create a source that is 1912x1072? That's just silly. I could understand 1920x1072 (to remove an upper/lower border). I could understand 1912x1080 (to remove a left/right border)... but when would you ever need to create something that is that far from any kind of standard?

[Edit]
I just looked at the code, and it will add borders to the top/bottom and left/right to make the source 1920x1080. I see no possible way that it will be resized to 720x480/576 unless you have checked an alternate output of that size (told it to do so).

Last edited by jdobbs; 24th May 2014 at 16:38.
Old 24th May 2014, 22:53   #20337  |  Link
Chuckwagon

Quote:
No resolution because as best as I can tell there is no problem. I've tested it to death -- and it works every time for me.

But... why on earth would anyone create a source that is 1912x1072? That's just silly. I could understand 1920x1072 (to remove an upper/lower border). I could understand 1912x1080 (to remove a left/right border)... but when would you ever need to create something that is that far from any kind of standard?

[Edit]
I just looked at the code, and it will add borders to the top/bottom and left/right to make the source 1920x1080. I see no possible way that it will be resized to 720x480/576 unless you have checked an alternate output of that size (told it to do so).
Heh, I also can't figure why anyone would make such an odd sized resolution. I also encountered files that were even stranger, like 8 hundred something by 960. No telling what folks will try I guess. I doubt this is a code issue on your end, since I'd expect if it were a BDRB issue switching tmuxer wouldn't help. I just thought that since I hadn't seen any resolution I'd play around and see if I could figure out what was causing it.

All of my MKVs are created by BDRB, and I haven't had a problem with them. But since I was just playing around with this, and I thought resolution might have an impact, I grabbed a bunch of MKVs off the net, and ended up with several different resolutions. I'd bet anyone running into this issue has odd sized files, for whatever reason. When the files are "normal" resolutions there doesn't seem to be any trouble.

The 2.6.12 version of tsmuxer seems to dislike the odd sized files, but the older tsmuxer doesn't. Why I couldn't say. I didn't think you did any resizing until the final re-encode. I assumed tmuxer would just grab the video as is and put it into the pseudo BD structure without making adjustments, and any resizing would be done as part of the re-encode. But that isn't how it's working with the 2.6.12 version. The process goes far too fast for it to be encoding the files, so is there some way for tsmuxer to just alter the res? Is tsmuxer supposed to resize when extracting to the pseudo structure, or is that an unexpected behavior?

In any case, there's an easy work around. The older version of tsmuxer did complete an import of 7 of these 1912x1072 resolution MKVs, each around 2GB, and BDRB created an ISO with them and they all play nicely. So, if someone hits this, they can use the older tsmuxer to get around it. Though I have also encountered files that encode the video fine, but pork the audio. So clearly it's best to use well conforming sources in the first place. But folks don't often do what's best. So, for future reference, next time someone has a gray screen issue, maybe it's from this.

Cheers,

Last edited by Chuckwagon; 24th May 2014 at 22:58.
Chuckwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2014, 23:01   #20338  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Heh, I also can't figure why anyone would make such an odd sized resolution. I also encountered files that were even stranger, like 8 hundred something by 960. No telling what folks will try I guess. I doubt this is a code issue on your end, since I'd expect if it were a BDRB issue switching tmuxer wouldn't help. I just thought that since I hadn't seen any resolution I'd play around and see if I could figure out what was causing it.

All of my MKVs are created by BDRB, and I haven't had a problem with them. But since I was just playing around with this, and I thought resolution might have an impact, I grabbed a bunch of MKVs off the net, and ended up with several different resolutions. I'd bet anyone running into this issue has odd sized files, for whatever reason. When the files are "normal" resolutions there doesn't seem to be any trouble.

The 2.6.12 version of tsmuxer seems to dislike the odd sized files, but the older tsmuxer doesn't. Why I couldn't say. I didn't think you did any resizing until the final re-encode. I assumed tmuxer would just grab the video as is and put it into the pseudo BD structure without making adjustments, and any resizing would be done as part of the re-encode. But that isn't how it's working with the 2.6.12 version. The process goes far too fast for it to be encoding the files, so is there some way for tsmuxer to just alter the res? Is tsmuxer supposed to resize when extracting to the pseudo structure, or is that an unexpected behavior?

In any case, there's an easy work around. The older version of tsmuxer did complete an import of 7 of these 1912x1072 resolution MKVs, each around 2GB, and BDRB created an ISO with them and they all play nicely. So, if someone hits this, they can use the older tsmuxer to get around it. Though I have also encountered files that encode the video fine, but pork the audio. So clearly it's best to use well conforming sources in the first place. But folks don't often do what's best. So, for future reference, next time someone has a gray screen issue, maybe it's from this.

Cheers,
You are correct. BD-RB doesn't resize until reencoding. The parameters to be used are stored in the PSEUDO folder and in the PSEUDO.INF file.
Old 24th May 2014, 23:01   #20339  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:

Cheers,
You are correct. BD-RB doesn't resize until reencoding. The parameters to be used are stored in the PSEUDO folder and in the PSEUDO.INF file. This also applies to any audio manipulation (e.g. if the source is 44.1Khz).

It would make sense that TSMUXER might have issues importing odd resolutions. It has to determine how to set the parameters in the MPLS and CLPI files (and they are limited to legal BD resolutions). I'm guessing these files are just to weird for it.

Last edited by jdobbs; 24th May 2014 at 23:04.
Old 24th May 2014, 23:26   #20340  |  Link

Quote:
I grabbed a bunch of MKVs off the net
You can't discuss that stuff here, per rule 6. If you do it again you'll get a strike.