Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 1st December 2018, 08:53   #28181  |  Link
MrVideo

Yes, Cinavia detection is required on all current players, from Feb 2012 forward. I have a couple of older Samsung players, one that is 3D capable.

Keep in mind that Cinavia is hardly ever placed on new releases. I'm only guessing that it might be because DVDFab cracked Cinavia and can remove it. Whatever the reason, it is hard to come by these days.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2018, 10:00   #28182  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
It is set to zero. Not the issue. This particular title is a little over 5 min long. Other titles are shorter.
You can set it in the Import menu and in the .INI

From the HIDDENOPTS.TXT:
IMPORT_THRESHOLD=n n = Threshold size (in minutes), default=15, of BD/DVD titles listed for IMPORT selection

I think the menu will overwrite the .ini, but you may want to double-check

Edit:
Can that title be played with a standalone? Sometimes there is orphaned material on discs which is not included in any playlist.

Last edited by Sharc; 1st December 2018 at 10:15.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2018, 14:38   #28183  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
OK, I've re-read all of the discs. D4 now reads without error. That is going to make it extremely difficult to debug.

But, D2 is not displaying all of the titles on the disc. As previously mentioned, there are three bonus features, of which BDRB only "sees" two. VideoReDo "sees" them all. There is nothing in the log to indicate that BDRB is having issues with the disc.
Here's a thought. I've run into discs before where the authors (for some reason) decided to use chapter marks, instead of standard methods, for separating titles. Since chapters are individually addressable, it isn't obvious during playback. They don't do it often... but I've seen it several times -- especially on short titles. I've even seen half-hour series discs in which the episodes were simply chapters in a single unit.

To handle those discs I added a hidden option called IMPORT_DVD_CHAPS. Try that and see if it separates out the titles you mentioned.

Last edited by jdobbs; 1st December 2018 at 14:41.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2018, 17:08   #28184  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
Ch3vr0n, JD, MrVideo and others..

Seems my LG Player is a bit "old"..or not as Hip as the Oppo (sp?) drives. I've been changing settings in decryptions and not using BD-RB to process after doing so. The Pioneer burner is doing well. Older movies, fine. But newer movies..my LG Player is having "jitter" or sync problems.

Does anyone know if "Samsung BD-5700 Multi Region Free" is Good and without Cinavia? Or able to recommend?

Ch3vr0n, you commented some time ago, that I...sort of recall, that Cinavia isn't being included in all devices anymore?? Is that accurate? In this player, or something much cheaper?

Thanks, all.
ANY model released AFTER feb 1st, 2012 is required by the BDA to detect cinavia. There's no way around that (unless looking for unlicensed players, but those generally have no or a limited menu)

If you want a cinavia free one, you're going to have to scan sites like e-bay, 2nd hand local commerce sites or used items stores. It's what i did to pick up my Panasonic DMP-BDT110's.

and dvdcrap (my opinion) isn't the only thing that can remove it. So can AnyDVD+CloneBD, albeit at a cost to the audio.
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2018, 19:52   #28185  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Yes, Cinavia detection is required on all current players, from Feb 2012 forward. I have a couple of older Samsung players, one that is 3D capable.

Keep in mind that Cinavia is hardly ever placed on new releases. I'm only guessing that it might be because DVDFab cracked Cinavia and can remove it. Whatever the reason, it is hard to come by these days.
Wow, I sure hope you are right about that! I didn't know that they weren't using it as much. I wonder why...? Really, from what I've read, there is no real software solution since it is something hidden in the audio track, other than recreating usually at a loss the audio.

That would be GREAT though if they are not using it as much!

Nasty thing!
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2018, 19:57   #28186  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
Unfortunately, that is the bugger of it... I just looked that up the other day and AFAIK Cinavia is mandated on all players after a certain year (2014?) That is why I safeguard my older OPPO BDP-83, which was their first flagship player that I bought almost exactly 8 years ago. If you cannot find anything else, although there likely are less expensive older players available, I would highly recommend a good, used OPPO. My model would probably be the lowest priced. The BDP-93 and 95 models were the last Cinavia free models. Mine's been kind of acting up lately, and I will gladly spend the money to refurbish / clean / repair it, due to it's being Pre-Cinavia...
I was thinking of the same thing some. Getting a hold of LG and asking if they'd do a repair/refurbish with it...and NOT inject anything into the firmware. I know about the date, 2014 already, which is why I was asking. I thought I saw something where the protection has been defeated (DVDFab) and now the makers of Mastering process by different companies isn't going to use it anymore or near as much since it's pricey to use.

I'll look into the Oppo's... Heh, read funny.. But I think checking if mine can be refurbished is a really good idea. I love the internal Hard Drive, and I swapped it for an even larger one. If I'm correct, though, when you make an MKV and play it on a player infected (I know it's not actually "infected") with Cinavia it'll play as normal because that protection only checks the BD structure. Making more BD's from originals (Quick-Play) seems the best workaround, and way to have MKVs played with SUP within them. Pondering a lot, mate...

What do you mean "acting up"??

Quote:

Okay, 2012 and 2014, I knew it was somewhere around there. Ahhh, that's probably what I was reading before and why I commented on it above. That's a big deal, that it's not placed on newer releases. I'm starting to notice that's probably why some newer movies I'm testing with..processed or not with BD-RB are having some "jitter" problems. Newer player, I'm sure that won't happen. So, my LG might not need to be refurbished..just keep it for some older stuff and the internal Hard Drive support. I don't use programs - Netflix, Hulu, YouTube from of my devices. If I'm going to do that, I'll use my Desktop which is much more powerful and full keyboard. Appreciate the confirmation about newer BDs. That's more important, since there are ways around the protection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
ANY model released AFTER feb 1st, 2012 is required by the BDA to detect cinavia. There's no way around that (unless looking for unlicensed players, but those generally have no or a limited menu)

If you want a cinavia free one, you're going to have to scan sites like e-bay, 2nd hand local commerce sites or used items stores. It's what i did to pick up my Panasonic DMP-BDT110's.

and dvdcrap (my opinion) isn't the only thing that can remove it. So can AnyDVD+CloneBD, albeit at a cost to the audio.
I've considered checking eBay. But even buying an older player, you don't know exactly what someone else might have done unless you can sense it, or they're being honest. Honestly, I've had some crappy dealings with people selling on there. I'm not a fan of eBay unless I'm seeking something rare...bad reputation, still, even though they are attempting to clean it.

Yeah, I know about AnyDVD and CloneBD and I haven't tried that method. I read that the audio quality is really altered.. DVDFab does a good job at removing it, they're making a lot of advances in several areas. Whatever our opinions are about whatever decryption, I'm glad to know there are more than 2 choices. Cool reply.

Looking more and more like newer protections + mastering methods are the challenges more than anything and why my LG Player is having some problems. Older movies and self-made BDs through BD-RB are playing fine now that I have the new burner. So..newer player. I'll find one at a local store, and then check that. If that solves it..than, okay. If not, I'll return it.

I don't know what you mean by a limited menu? My only concern is CD/DVD/BD playback..and preferred MKV with SUP/SRT handling. I don't like streaming so I don't use the "apps" built in programs. That should also mean, if I can find it, lower priced units. If Netflix offered full BD quality then I'd consider streaming at times, like making a lossless MKV and streaming that.
Old 1st December 2018, 19:59   #28187  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
Wow, I sure hope you are right about that! I didn't know that they weren't using it as much. I wonder why...? Really, from what I've read, there is no real software solution since it is something hidden in the audio track, other than recreating usually at a loss the audio.

That would be GREAT though if they are not using it as much!

Nasty thing!
From what I've read, and not a lot about it, it's pricey to use. Since it has been "cracked" why use it so much anymore? I'm sure if what they're thinking.
Old 1st December 2018, 20:06   #28188  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
From what I've read, and not a lot about it, it's pricey to use. Since it has been "cracked" why use it so much anymore? I'm sure if what they're thinking.
Awesome! Truly, one the nastier things they've come up with (well, except that underground gonca sex tape... Whew...)

If your unit was made before the Cinavia Apocalypse, ask first, but like with OPPO, I believe it is specific hardware that is incorporated into the newer units, and they can't / don't do anything while refurbishing the older ones. So, if you really like yours, like I like mine, then after double checking with them that would be the way to go.
Old 1st December 2018, 20:24   #28189  |  Link
AmigaFuture

That's very much a consideration. I'll get a hold of them Monday.
Old 1st December 2018, 20:28   #28190  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
That's very much a consideration. I'll get a hold of them Monday.
Get a hold of them by the short-hairs... That should prompt some fast action!
Old 1st December 2018, 20:42   #28191  |  Link
AmigaFuture

LOL!!! Becoming that personal so quick usually won't get you the results you want and you have to do a lot of "hand holding/gripping" as the process happens, or they'll run from you. Wow, Lathe..ha!

Doing some looking around "This may sound controversial, but the Oppo 203 also has the ability to be flashed with a custom 'jailbroken' firmware to circumvent 'region locks' or 'cinavia' problems." Hmm! But the price is wayyyy too high for me.
Old 1st December 2018, 21:14   #28192  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
LOL!!! Becoming that personal so quick usually won't get you the results you want and you have to do a lot of "hand holding/gripping" as the process happens, or they'll run from you. Wow, Lathe..ha!

Doing some looking around "This may sound controversial, but the Oppo 203 also has the ability to be flashed with a custom 'jailbroken' firmware to circumvent 'region locks' or 'cinavia' problems." Hmm! But the price is wayyyy too high for me.
AHHHHHH! I hadn't known that. I was fabulously wealthy like JD I would snag that OPPO has some pretty fervent fans, so I'm not too surprised that someone has come up with a defeat. Actually, I'm not a software expert like many here, but I would THINK that since that is added as a hardware / software addition, that it SHOULD be possible to kill it / circumnavigate it somehow... I know right out of the gate, since makers of players are not allowed (corrected, sorry) to make them Blu-ray Region Free out of the box, that there were hardware mods immediately for mine and the BDP-93. I little bypass wire that you simply plugged into the board (OPPO already DOES or at least DID make their players automatically PAL to NTSC internally, and the SW hack is super simple to play all region DVDs...)

Last edited by Lathe; 1st December 2018 at 21:40.
Old 1st December 2018, 21:25   #28193  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
You can set it in the Import menu and in the .INI

From the HIDDENOPTS.TXT:
IMPORT_THRESHOLD=n n = Threshold size (in minutes), default=15, of BD/DVD titles listed for IMPORT selection
I set it in the INI file manually. Plus, as I wrote, there are other titles on the disc that have a shorter time than the one BDRB missed.
Quote:
Can that title be played with a standalone? Sometimes there is orphaned material on discs which is not included in any playlist.
I think you need to reread my postings. It is only BDRB that misses the title. DVDFab and VideoReDo have no problem seeing all of the titles.
Old 2nd December 2018, 11:04   #28194  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
…. I think you need to reread my postings.
Possibly yes, but it has become pretty laborious at times to roll back through pages of some chitchat to find the original post(s) and problem reports.
Btw, did you succeed with jdobb's suggestion?
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2018, 03:28   #28195  |  Link
AmigaFuture

A friend has a newer Player and I got to check my tests BD-REs. Ok, settled, I'm going to get a newer device..that also supports MKV playing. My older LG plays less complicated-older multi-M2ts BDs okay...but not as well as newer. My friend (yes, Lathe..) also commented about how the BDs don't have the normal stuff, and asked where I got them? "Fair Use of your own owned BDs." and I explained it. He doesn't understand any of the process but said if I'd do it for him to keep some discs in good condition, he'd buy some blanks and brews. I said, "Okay, but also donate to the program." So after Winter Solstice is over, next month, I'll have a donation for you. :-)
Old 3rd December 2018, 04:15   #28196  |  Link
Mark_Venture

All this talk of Cinavia.... I never worried about it. I rip to Alt-Movie only MKV... And played back. Is network share on my LG BD-390 and bd570.. and now Fire TVs
Mark_Venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2018, 04:23   #28197  |  Link
AmigaFuture

I'm not "worried" about it, and I don't care for streaming. Because my newer HDTV plays MKV files from USB (with Subs, Chapters, etc), I do that often but I still prefer Menu driven BDs. I enjoy "themes" a lot. My LG BD590 Player also plays MKVs from USB and HD, but not with Chapters. I keep Records and CD Art because I loved them all of my life. I still prefer to see the Art when I pick through my Lossless collection (converted all CDs to Bin/Cue), but MKV, or at least I haven't tried it yet, doesn't show Images. Hmm...Now that I'm thinking about it, my HDTV might..instead of Thumbnails from a movie.

I'll check now..
Old 3rd December 2018, 06:14   #28198  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Here's a thought. I've run into discs before where the authors (for some reason) decided to use chapter marks, instead of standard methods, for separating titles. Since chapters are individually addressable, it isn't obvious during playback. They don't do it often... but I've seen it several times -- especially on short titles. I've even seen half-hour series discs in which the episodes were simply chapters in a single unit.

To handle those discs I added a hidden option called IMPORT_DVD_CHAPS. Try that and see if it separates out the titles you mentioned.
I somehow managed to miss this reply.

First off, that doesn't explain why DVDFab and VideoReDo have no problem finding this particular special feature title. Also, if a title were to contain more than one special feature, all three programs should see that and the title length would be longer. Plus, other than the deleted scenes, all of the special features have one chapter mark. Secondly, that just doesn't seem to be the pattern for any of the discs in any of the 7 seasons that have been released by Warner Bros. Doesn't make sense for it to be done with just one special feature.

Running a test using the hidden option, found a chapter that was 5:33 in length. That would match the 5:34 that was not found, less the 1 sec chapter mark at the end. But, when attempting to add it to the batch queue, it was listed as 3:30 in length. Then when running the batch, DGIndex failed with an error stating that there were too many pictures per group (GOP >= 500).

If you want, I can make an ISO of this DVD available for you to download for testing.
Old 3rd December 2018, 06:20   #28199  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Venture View Post
All this talk of Cinavia.... I never worried about it. I rip to Alt-Movie only MKV... And played back. Is network share on my LG BD-390 and bd570.. and now Fire TVs
Cinavia survives any ripping process. BD standalone players are supposed to also detect Cinavia on ripped media files like MKV wrapped programs. But, as it turns out, not all manufacturers did. TVs are not subject to Cinavia detection, as the BD media is required to verify legality.
Old 3rd December 2018, 06:22   #28200  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
but MKV, or at least I haven't tried it yet, doesn't show Images.
It doesn't. The MKV wrapper does not have the capability to store images.