Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 6th June 2007, 13:20   #1  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

AVStoDVD Support Thread

Hi all!

Finally I have decided to share my little and very simple "creature". After some months of (very modest) programming and debugging, now I am ready to give AVStoDVD to Doom9 community. My hope is to help AVStoDVD to grow and, why not, help somebody with a very simple and easy-to-use tool.

What is AVStoDVD?

AVStoDVD is a flexible tool to convert various media formats to DVD compliant streams and burn them into a highly compatible single track (from release 1.0.0 to 1.2.3) or multi tracks (since release 2.0.0) DVD with menu creation capability (since release 2.1.0) and multi audio track support (since release 2.3.0).

Features:
- Video and Audio editing using AviSynth
- Video encoding using QuEnc/HCEnc/ReJig/FFmpeg
- Audio encoding using QuEnc/FFmpeg/Wavi/Aften
- Video/Audio muxing using ImagoMPEG-Muxer
- Subtitles encoding using SubtitlesCreator
- DVD Authoring using MuxMan/BatchMux
- ISO Image Building and DVD Burning using ImgBurn
- Internal DVD Menu Editor with customizable menus

Why AVStoDVD?

Because I find very difficult to remember all the scripts and cmd line switches needed by AviSynth, QuEnc, HCenc, MuxMan, etc.
AVStoDVD is basically a friendly GUI with very few buttons to click to quickly produce a DVD from a single A/V file.

Why another one-click solution?

Why not?

Where is AVStoDVD?

You can find the Win32 exe installer and the source code (VB6) on SourceForge.net: AVStoDVD @ SourceForge

What are the hardware requirements?

- 1 GHz CPU or more
- 10GB Hard Disk or more
- DVD Burner

What are the software requirements?

- Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/Vista (runs with Windows 95/98/Me but 100% functionality is not guaranteed)
- Microsoft DirectX 9.0 or higher
- AviSynth 2.5.7 or higher - included in the installer
- DirectShow codecs/filters needed to play media files to convert (I suggest FFDShow)
Since AVStoDVD is programmed in VB6, it does not need .NET Framework to run, and all needed DLLs and OCXs are provided with the installer package.

Please, write your impressions, suggestions and bug reports here on Doom9 forum. I really need them! Since I am not a professional software writer, please do not hit me too hard and be patient if I do not reply in real-time.

Bye
________
synthetic weed

Last edited by MrC; 30th June 2011 at 19:24. Reason: Becoming stable...
MrC is offline   Reply With Quote