Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 23rd July 2017, 04:11   #8381  |  Link
mcwups1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
Click in the top left corner on settings and enable the encoder
Thank you so much.

It is there, but slightly easy to miss, since I've never had to use it.

I sincerely enjoy this program, as I have for many years.

Thank you for the support.
mcwups1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2017, 13:20   #8382  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
P.S.:

opus-tools 0.1.10-9-gbd65450 (using libopus 1.2.1) (Win32 + Win64, built with jb-alvarado's MABS)
Code:
Usage: opusenc [options] input_file output_file.opus

Encode audio using Opus.
The input format can be Wave, AIFF, FLAC, Ogg/FLAC, or raw PCM.
Thanks, which is the source of this? = Who has compiled it?
I am always a bit suspicious if it is not from the official download page and this seems to be: http://opus-codec.org/downloads/
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2017, 13:46   #8383  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

As I told you: I did that, straight from the official sources, using

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
jb-alvarado's MABS
https://github.com/jb-alvarado/media-autobuild_suite

If you don't trust me, build it yourself.

For my x265 builds, I use XhmikosR's slightly older MSYS (32b) package; MABS uses MSYS2 (64b) and updates itself regularly, instead.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid

Last edited by LigH; 23rd July 2017 at 13:53.
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2017, 14:25   #8384  |  Link
Zathor

If it is from you, that is fine
I was not sure about that.
Old 23rd July 2017, 14:35   #8385  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

OK, the "DIY" was not meant as expression of offense, but as recommendation for getting less dependent on others' activities.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2017, 11:51   #8386  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
Zathor,
Should the settings option be a button or drop down list or something more obviously clickable?

I haven't used the HD Streams Extractor for a while but I read the last couple of posts, opened it for a look, and at first wasn't sure what you were referring to. I assume "Settings" was added as a menu item, but on it's lonesome it's not obvious that's what it is.
I do have 4 options to select. Adding them directly as buttons will enlarge the window. Which would be in your eyes the best way how to proceed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
Speaking of drop down lists.... on MeGUI's Input tab where you choose a video and audio encoder..... could the drop down list be expanded to reveal more presets than the current limit? Just to save a bit of scrolling if like me, you have quite a few saved presets.
That is a default drop down list for which I cannot extend the limit (easily).
Old 28th July 2017, 13:16   #8387  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
I do have 4 options to select. Adding them directly as buttons will enlarge the window. Which would be in your eyes the best way how to proceed?
I assume it's an item on a menu bar but because it's on it's own there's nothing really distinguishing it from normal text unless you move the cursor over it. It looks just like the "Input" text below which isn't clickable.

Keeping it as it is, but making it look like a button would give it a more clickable appearance, or even an arrow pointing down next to the text to indicate it opens a list, maybe something similar to the method for selecting a frame rate in the bitrate calculator. It's obviously clickable.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2017, 17:46   #8388  |  Link
Zathor

I am currently in a time window with nearly zero available time for MeGUI. This should change again in a few weeks.
Old 2nd August 2017, 03:15   #8389  |  Link
HOB

I just updated to 2768 and when MeGUI restarted it crashed my computer to a blue screen of death. I was able to reboot and change the megui.exe to the BU file but when I started the program ALL my configuration settings were GONE...this is disaster. I finally got it restarted but it was the stable version,2715, not from the Development Updater site. Is there anywhere I can download the 2767 .exe file?
Old 2nd August 2017, 08:55   #8390  |  Link
tebasuna51

I'm still running 2767.

[@To all users
Please report any trouble or success changing to 2768.
Because Zathor holidays maybe we can stay at 2767 untill there are success reports.
I don't know the 2768 changelog.]
EDIT: Forget that, seems a problem not related with MeGUI 2768.

@HOB
Please inform about your OS, AviSynth version, etc.
Check if you have already ...\megui\update_cache\_obsolete_megui-core-2767-32.7z
If not I can upload it.

Last edited by tebasuna51; 2nd August 2017 at 17:37. Reason: remove warning
tebasuna51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2017, 13:44   #8391  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Just updated from 2755 to 2768, no problems (not yet tried encode).
WinXP32 SP3

Quote:
I don't know the 2768 changelog.
Changelog
Code:
2768 [x264]                 improved custom command line parameter detection
2767 [L-SMASH Indexer]      fixed some issues (regression of 2757)
2766 [OneClick]             fixed an issue if the input audio codec cannot be used for direct muxing (regression of 2759). bug #890
2765 [Video Preview]        aligned the total time and frame count in the title bar with the Info() output
2764 [OneClick]             fixed external audio file handling (regression of 2759). bug #889
2763 [Audio Encoder]        ignore a requested sample rate change if source and target are identical
2762 [Audio Encoder]        fixed "NicAudio" not being saved as preferred decoder (regression of 2693)
2761 [OneClick] + [AVS SC]  select AviSource() or DirectShowSource() only if suitable
2760 [OneClick]             cosmetics
2759 [OneClick]             improved handling of audio tracks:
                            - FLAC encodings use the HD track instead of the core if possible. Feature request #610
                            - fixed demux of multiple audio tracks using the same input track (eac3to only)
                            - fixed handling of TrueHD+AC3 tracks if using an intermediate MKV file
2758 [Muxer]                removed dtshd and dtsma file extension and added eac3 and thd+ac3 file extension where suitable
     [MediaInfo]            improved audio codec/type detection
2757 [L-SMASH Indexer]      improved error handling
2756 [Chapter]              added a workaround for MediaInfo sometimes not detecting all chapters in MPLS files (regression of 2753)
2755 [AutoEncode]           fixed a crash if trying to add additional content (regression of 2753)
                            improved logging
2754 [MKV Info]             switched to the JSON format as the old switch is deprecated (requires mkvmerge 9.7+) 
2753 [Chapter]              improved chapter handling
                            all MediaInfo supported files and TXT/XML files can be used as chapter files
                            !!! existing jobs have to be recreated as otherwise the chapter information will not be added !!!
     [Muxer]                use chapter information from the input video file if available
     [Muxer] + [OneClick]   disable/enable the chapter selection box based upon the selected container and device type
2752 [MKV Muxer]            ignore invalid subtitle files
2751 [HD Streams Extractor] improved handling of audio tracks with unknown parameters
2750 [Worker]               fixed rare invisible progress window (regression of 2743)
2749 [Update]               fixed a rare crash when a restart is required and MeGUI is already closed
2748 [HD Streams Extractor] added detection of "core/embedded" tracks
                            removed the DTSHD "extract as" option
                            added the DTS_CORE "extract as" option
                            added settings menu:
                            - added option to select by default the (non-)HD tracks (defaults to non-HD)
                            - moved the language track selection option from the global settings into the new menu
                            - added settings to inlcude the encoding and/or all demuxer "extract as" options
                              AAC encoding is only available if neroaacenc.exe is found in the eac3to directory
2747 [Worker]               improved handling of multiple worker instances. part II
2746 [Worker]               improved handling of multiple worker instances
2745 [Main]                 added option to extend logging
2744 [Worker]               improved child process priority handling. part II
2743 [Worker]               improved child process priority handling
2742 [Main]                 improved OS detection
2741 [MediaInfo]            fixed chapter detection
                            prevent MediaInfo from locking the GUI
2740 [OneClick]             disable controls while input detection is ongoing
2739 [MediaInfo]            removed the external dependency to MediaInfoWrapper.dll
2738 [OneClick]             fixed detection of audio track names
2737 [Muxer] + [OneClick]   removed unnecessary "X" buttons
2736 [Update]               x64: fixed detection of the DGIndexIM package 
2735 [MP4 Muxer]            write always aspect ratio information to preserve anamorphic information. Bug #837
2734 [Profile]              removed redundant second warning when changing a profile which should be saved to the scratchpad. Feature request #606
2733 [OneClick]             added button to clear the working directory path and the chapters file
     [AVS Script Creator]   added button to clear the subtitle file
     [Muxer]                added button to clear the chapter file
2732 [OneClick]             fixed OneClick startup error (regression of 2631)
2731 [OneClick]             added aspect ratio selection to the OneClick profile
                            input aspect ratio can always be selected
                            if an input aspect ratio will be selected this will be forced
                            the aspect ratio will not be forced by the muxer if the video track has been encoded
                            cosmetics
2730 [AutoEncode]           do not force the aspect ratio to be written by the muxer as it is available in the video stream
2729 [Muxer]                added/improved aspect ratio writing (all muxers except the AVI muxer)
                            for the M2TS muxer only some input video types are supported
                            improved logging
2728 [VideoEncoder]         forced aspect ratio to be written to the encoding
                            if not available in the job the avs aspect ratio information will be used
2727 [Worker]               priority changes will also be applied to child processes. Feature request #615
2726 [OneClick]             removed the "Anamorph Output" option in the OneClick profile. Please use the anamorphic encoding options in the AviSynth profile instead.
2725 [Main]                 fixed wrong AR of a "video encoding" queued job in rare cases (regression of 2610)
2724 [OneClick]             cosmetic fix as sometimes even with "don't encode video" some video processing options were not disabled
2723 [OneClick]             improved error handling of invalid AviSynth scripts
2722 [Main]                 if not at least AviSynth 2.6 is installed the portable build will be used
                            improved AviSynth logging
2720 [AviSynth Wrapper]     added functions to detect AviSynth details
2719 [AviSynth Wrapper]     updated wrapper to interface 3
2718 [FFMS Indexer]         enabled AVI file handling
2717 [AviSynth Wrapper]     improved error handling
2716 [VideoEncoder]         extended avs log information

Changelog 2624 --> 2715

Features/Changes:
[AudioEncoder]         default to LWLibavAudioSource()/LSMASHAudioSource()
[AviSynth]             replaced Yadif by Yadifmod2
[FileIndexer]          added title selector for DVD sources incl. multi-angle support
[Update]               improved updater to download appropriate architecture packages (can be deselected in the options)
[VobSubber]            The VobSubber has been enhanced
                       - to support demux of forced subtitles
                       - to select if the subtitles should be extracted to multiple files
                       - with improved speed as the source will only be indexed once for multiple tracks
                       - to detect DVD sources incl. multi-angle suppor
[x265 Encoder]         x265 is now always enabled

Enhancements/Fixes:
[AudioEncoder]         added downmix option to 5.1
[FileIndexer]          added IFO as supported input file type
[Haali Media Splitter] if the Haali Media Splitter is needed by the HD Streams Extractor it will be installed (administrative permissions are required)
[HD Streams Extractor] Unknown or not supported tracks cannot be selected
[OneClick]             added MPLS as supported input files
[Title Selector]       improved DVD/Blu-ray support & added option to change the minimum title length also in the global settings
[Various]              where appropriate for DVD/Blu-ray sources a prefix and suffix is attached to the output file name

Changelog 2525 --> 2624

Features/Changes:
[Aften Encoder]        The Aften AC-3 encoder has been removed. Please switch to FFmpeg AC-3.
[DGAVCIndex Indexer]   DGAVCIndexer has been removed. Please use another indexer.
[DGIndexIM Indexer]    DGIndexIM has been added. It is disabled by default and has to be enabled in the settings. 
                       The new default indexer order is: DGIndexNV, DGIndexIM, DGIndex, L-SMASH, FFMS
[Main]                 .NET 4.0 is now required for MeGUI
[Main]                 The support for Windows XP has been dropped
[x265 Encoder]         Added n-pass support
[Xvid Encoder]         Added support for Xvid 1.3. An additional automated step is required as the output file must be prepared with FFmpeg.

Enhancements/Fixes:
[FFMS Indexer]         disabled AVI file handling as FFMS may cause jittery motion
[HD Streams Extractor] + [MediaInfo] if a language cannot be detected or matched the default MeGUI language will be used
[HD Streams Extractor] improved feature selection & handling of unsupported tracks
[Main]                 added ~300 additional languages to select based upon ISO 639-2
[Muxer] + [OneClick]   improved language detection based on the file name
[Profile]              profiles will be saved to disk also when a profile is changed. 
                       additionally "Load Defaults" resets now the selected profile (before it was the scratchpad one). 
[Update]               clean package directory during update

Changelog 2507 --> 2525

Features/Changes:
[Audio Encoder]        added custom command line support
[Chapter Creator]      added option to sort the title list by chapter count
[FDK-AAC Encoder]      added FDK-AAC encoder support
                       due to the FDK-AAC license the encoder will not be available in the online updater

Enhancements/Fixes:
[Chapter Creator]      cosmetics
[Chapter Creator]      improved error handling
[HD Streams Extractor] cosmetics
[OneClick]             better support for Blu-ray playlist where eac3to and mediainfo report different track information
[OneClick]             fixed removing the wrong subtitle track when using the DEL key
[Update]               get update server configuration data from the update server itself
[Update]               if an outdated package is enabled the update will be downloaded automatically (if auto update is not disabled)
[VobSubber]            improved error handling
[x265]                 adjusted command line for recent avs4x265

Known Problems:
- Windows XP and older is not supported
- Unicode is not supported
- non default DPI values are not supported
- M2TS bitrate calculator does not calculate correct values as the specifications are unknown

Full changelog: 
http://sourceforge.net/p/megui/code/HEAD/tree/megui/trunk/Changelog_full.txt?format=raw
EDIT: Full Changelog URL @ bottom of your current MEGUI Menu Help/Changelog.

These were updated:-

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 26th May 2020 at 15:11.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2017, 13:50   #8392  |  Link
HOB

Hello tebasuna51
Thanks for replying so quickly. YES I do have that file, which I was unaware of until you pointed it out thank you. I was able to use a Windows 7 System Restore point to return my computer to the state it was in the day before I upgraded to 2768 so I'm back to 2767 and will leave it like that until Zathor returns...GOOD advice! I lost my configuration settings so it went back to default, might there be a backup for that file? If not I think I've got it back to the way it was, I tested it last night on a movie I just worked on recently and the results looked just fine.

Once again thanks for your quick response it was most helpful, I'll make a note of where those files are in case I ever need them again.

Hi StainlessS
Just saw your post, glad to hear it worked for you. I just checked my updates with the ones in your screen grab and mine are all the same versions.

Last edited by HOB; 2nd August 2017 at 13:57. Reason: correct mistakes
HOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2017, 14:10   #8393  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Did an x264 encode and here is the (successful) log:- http://www.mediafire.com/file/al9k5y...2_13-49-55.zip

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebasuna51 View Post
@To all users
Please report any trouble or success changing to 2768.
Because Zathor holidays maybe we can stay at 2767 untill there are success reports.

@HOB
Please inform about your OS, AviSynth version, etc.
@HOB, can you provide above requested Info, might become pertinent if others have problems.

Also, you could retry, eg
Make copy of MeGUI folder,
Execute MeGUI update. If crash, restore from copy and retry one update at a time till crash.
Report what happened.

Here log of x265 encode on same file/script.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/01sv2b...2_14-14-39.zip

x265 seems to have improved nicely, last time I tried it I think I got about 0.2 FPS on StdDef (with similar-ish script),
with Core2Duo 2.4GHz CPU.

Today, Core2Quad 2.4GHz, x264 (CRF 21.5, SLOW preset), getting 6.75 FPS encode, CPU @ ~72%.
x265, Same settings, 1.46FPS and CPU @ 100.0% most of the time.
(Encode clip output 1280x720@25FPS, reasonably heavy processing script including MCDegrainSharp and FFT3DFilter-ing).

Think I might sometimes use x265 now

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 2nd August 2017 at 15:19.
Old 2nd August 2017, 15:04   #8394  |  Link
HOB

StainlessS
I notice you're using WinXP, I wonder if that might have something to do with it? I'm using Windows 7. Also...your Changelog reference to 2768 says "custom command line parameter detection", I can imagine any mistake accessing a command line might cause a Blue Screen Crash and perhaps as you are using XP and I'm using 7 that might explain the difference? Glad it's working for you...
Old 2nd August 2017, 15:16   #8395  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

HOB, See EDIT.

All Changelog stuff between your current and 2768 is pertinent, and I think your ref to custom command line would only be relevant
when update success and using MeGUI to call x264.
Quote:
2768 [x264] improved custom command line parameter detection
EDIT: Below might be relevant.
Code:
2749 [Update]               fixed a rare crash when a restart is required and MeGUI is already closed
2736 [Update]               x64: fixed detection of the DGIndexIM package
EDIT: Above not relevant, as your old setup was 2767 (not 2715, stable).

Kinda curious about below

Code:
Changelog 2624 --> 2715
[Update]               improved updater to download appropriate architecture packages (can be deselected in the options)
Cant find it in settings.
EDIT: Arh In Update, for MediaInfo, when trying to Enable, option is disabled, but allows "Ignore Updates" and "Force Reinstall".
MediaInfo [EDIT: update] must now not be usable in XP (lovely to have that Zathor, Thanx).

Last edited by StainlessS; 3rd August 2017 at 16:58.
Old 2nd August 2017, 15:23   #8396  |  Link
HOB

StainlessS
Thanks for the feedback, I guess I'll just stick with 2767 till Zathor gets backs and has a look at things.

After the Blue Screen appeared, just after updating from 2767, I rebooted into Windows 7 and tried to start MeGUI 2768 once again at which point it went straight to the blue screen. I've got a system with XP on it, when I get the time I'll try and update it to 2768 and see what happens.

Back again...
I updated to 2768 on my XP with no Blue Screen so there may be something going on that's specific to Windows 7 in general or my computer in particular.

Last edited by HOB; 2nd August 2017 at 15:57.
HOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2017, 17:33   #8397  |  Link
tebasuna51

Thanks for your info StainlessS.

And yes, the change:

Quote:
2768 [x264] improved custom command line parameter detection
can't be dangereous, was because https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...34#post1812334

I upgrade to 2768 (W 7) without problems, seems a problem in HOB system not related with MeGUI.
Old 2nd August 2017, 21:11   #8398  |  Link
HOB

Hello tebasuna51
After seeing that you successfully upgraded to 2768 in Win 7 it encouraged me to keep working on the problem. I had a BU folder of MeGUI and tried updating it to 2768 and it worked. Out of curiosity I tried once again to update MeGUI from that original WORKING folder with the same BLUE SCREEN results. So there is something going on in that folder that is the cause of the problem...what it could be is beyond me and not that important as I've been able to update MeGUI from my BU folder.

Thanks to both you and StainlessS for your help...
Old 2nd August 2017, 21:12   #8399  |  Link
HOB

Sorry about the double post...
Old 3rd August 2017, 01:08   #8400  |  Link
shae

How does MeGUI pipe AviSynth output to external audio encoders?
How can it be done directly on the commandline?

For example, here's what's executed thru MeGUI:
Code:
fdkaac.exe --ignorelength -m 5 -p 2 - -o output.m4a
shae is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
megui