Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Newbies
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 20th February 2010, 02:35   #1  |  Link
spidamonk

Dvd>xvid

Hey there! this may have been covered before, I have searched the forum but cant find the solution to my problem.

The method i normally use to rip is as follows Robot4Rip (which rips a single vob, subtitles an audio track and the d2v.
Then load up Gordian knot open the d2v, set up however i want and convert.

The problem i got is with movies that DVD Decrypter cant rip, i have DVDfab and AnyDVD, i am able to rip the whole disk to the computer but then i dont know where to go from there, i can work out how to rip the audio off, i assume i can quite easily rip the subs, but when i make a d2v file using DGindex etc Gordian knot wont accept it as a project file.

Is there anything i can add to DVD Decrypter (plugin? i have read about something but cant find any decent links) as Robot4rip would be the quickest solution, or a way for robot4rip to rip movie using the whole disk rip on my computer?
Any tips would be much appreciated, thanks in advanced guys
spidamonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2010, 03:13   #2  |  Link
stax76

I thought DVD Decrypter would work when running AnyDVD.
stax76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2010, 07:51   #3  |  Link
CWR03
Custom User Title

If you're ripping a movie with DVD Decrypter to encode with Gordian Knot, rip it in IFO mode. If DVD Decrypter alone can't rip it, have AnyDVD running in the background. If that combination won't give you a file you can run through DGIndex to create your d2v file, you almost certainly have a bad disk.
CWR03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2010, 14:05   #4  |  Link
spidamonk

Well this question clearly did belong in the newbie section. I simply ran anyDVD in the background and it worked, thanks for the help guys!
spidamonk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvd, dvd decrypter, gordian knot, robot4rip, xvid