Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 13th September 2008, 19:38   #101  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
Thanks, but StaxRip 1.0.0.3 works finely. It even cut softsub beautifully.
The old version worked a bit different, it didn't demux mp4 or mkv files but was opening them with DirectShowSource, audio was also decoded with DirectShowSource but since it did not demux the mkv file was opened instead of the demuxed aac file. You can enable the old behaviour, in the options under Preperation add the mkv extension to the decode preparer. Your AAC decoding is probably broke regardless of the container so I don't think the old way will work.

Quote:
Im getting this muxing error: MKV muxing failed with exit code 1
Looks like mkvmerge has a problem with the idx file, hard to tell how to fix this.
stax76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2008, 23:15   #102  |  Link
Bh4i

But the file did get muxed correctly after that.

Is there anyway StaxRip can ignore this error? Im asking this cause im ahead of a big project, planning to rip ~40 episodic DVD's...
Bh4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2008, 23:42   #103  |  Link
stax76

I think it's just a ripping problem.
Old 14th September 2008, 01:14   #104  |  Link
zirkov

I got error message when trying to encode MP4 video, its said "MP4 Muxing Failed". I put my log on attachment
Attached Files
File Type: txt errorlog.txt (11.3 KB, 26 views)
zirkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2008, 06:37   #105  |  Link
Hero1711

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax View Post
The old version worked a bit different, it didn't demux mp4 or mkv files but was opening them with DirectShowSource, audio was also decoded with DirectShowSource but since it did not demux the mkv file was opened instead of the demuxed aac file. You can enable the old behaviour, in the options under Preperation add the mkv extension to the decode preparer. Your AAC decoding is probably broke regardless of the container so I don't think the old way will work.
Yea, you were right, the old way did not work. When I enabled "Decode audio using DirectShow" for mkv and mp4 files, it did not decode (found no WAV in the folder). But then I reinstalled version 1.0.0.3 and it worked nicely.
Hero1711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2008, 09:22   #106  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bh4i View Post
But the file did get muxed correctly after that.
Were the subtitles correctly synchronized?
I also get this error <MKV muxing failed with exit code 1> sometimes, I still try to figure out when and why.
Sometimes I have to set a delay offset in the idx file in order to get the subs properly synchronized.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2008, 12:49   #107  |  Link
Bh4i

I ripped ~12 files and got this error. All of them were perfect, no sync errors at all....

I guess i will have to manually include the subtitles now...
Bh4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2008, 17:48   #108  |  Link
atlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by subrom View Post
hello,

Just wondered if the "264/DXVA/HD-Insane" profile in latest beta is broken? It seems to be passing "--me 4" to the command line of x264.exe and stops.

x264 [error]: invalid argument: me = 4
I have since then the same problem. Even installing older Versions of Staxrip doesn´t work. The profiles seem to be separate.

Did you solve this somehow?
atlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2008, 03:22   #109  |  Link
stax76

I've uploaded a new beta now tolerating mkvmerge error code 1 and fixing x264 switch --me tesa used in the HD-Insane profile.
Old 17th September 2008, 08:41   #110  |  Link
uladzislau

Quote:
I've uploaded a new beta now tolerating mkvmerge error code 1 and fixing x264 switch --me tesa used in the HD-Insane profile.
The latest beta 917 has problem with riping subtitles. Before was fine, after update auto rip sub doesn't work any more. I've verified it on the same data were this feature has being working. Also tried clean install -- same problem. BTW, thanks for const qualite insane profile :-). --Vlad.
uladzislau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2008, 11:31   #111  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
The latest beta 917 has problem with riping subtitles.
I guess it's caused by the new temp dir feature, I'll check it.
Old 17th September 2008, 19:44   #112  |  Link
Ramir Gonzales

I have some problems with this one movie, for all my movies (all about 1h30min long) I convert to .AVI (xVid) after I do a "Compressibility Check", Staxrip advices (for a Quality of 60%) some "resize to " of about 560x240 ... but with this one movie (1h30min long, black and white) ... Staxrip always advises to resize to 380x272 to get a 60% quality.

I guess something is seriously wrong here, why for this one movie Staxrip advises me such a LOW dimension ????
Ramir Gonzales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2008, 08:30   #113  |  Link
uladzislau

Quote:
I guess it's caused by the new temp dir feature, I'll check it.
Mmm, any progress on that issue? Thanks!
Old 18th September 2008, 08:39   #114  |  Link
uladzislau

Juts got my hands on 918 build. So the subtiteles problem persistes. And I have a question, why did you drop B-frames from 16 to 4 in Insane x264 profiles?... Otherwise program is getting better and better :-). Thanks!
Old 18th September 2008, 09:24   #115  |  Link
stax76

The subtitle issue was like expected introduced with the new temp dir folder feature, I've just uploaded a new beta fixing it.

Sharktooth changed the profiles, please read here and here.
Old 18th September 2008, 09:56   #116  |  Link
uladzislau

Quote:
The subtitle issue was like expected introduced with the new temp dir folder feature, I've just uploaded a new beta fixing it.
I tried the new beta 918.1016, but subs are still not ripped. Thanks for 4 b-frames explanation!
Old 18th September 2008, 09:59   #117  |  Link
uladzislau

And on more question. If source is interlaced why doesn't StaxRip enables yadif? I always have to preview source and enable it... Maybe I don't understand something here. Thanks!
Old 18th September 2008, 10:09   #118  |  Link
uladzislau

One sec, I'm wrong, it works! Subs I mean, thank you! But I have another problem to discuss regarding subs. After VSRip I'm getting like 4 .srt files and 1 .idx. They all are same subs but in different format/code page. They all are auto added to MKV container so if I don't remove all srt file from Container Config I'll get 5 english subs streams :-). Do I missing anything here?
Old 18th September 2008, 10:47   #119  |  Link
Bogg

Latest (hope so) beta version (StaxRip.beta.0918.1016) crashed . Hm... i wanted to write about my setup, an entire story about how i managed to crash the program... but i've noticed that all the info needed is present in the archive attached.

The only thing is that Windows Vista 64 Business is reported as OS version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1.

Click here to Download (2shared)
or
Click here to Download (Filebam)

Thank u STAX for notice . Now i've uploaded the file to several host's.

Last edited by Bogg; 18th September 2008 at 13:18.
Bogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2008, 12:37   #120  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
They all are auto added to MKV container so if I don't remove all srt file from Container Config I'll get 5 english subs streams :-).
Does VSRip really create srt files? IIRC it was reported before but I don't remember the reason.

@Bogg

Welcome to the forum, please use a hosting service as stated in the first post. Good to know your OS, unfortunately .NET don't seem to return a more friendly name, probably there is a registry key or something containing a friendly name but I don't know what key it is.

Tags
bug, staxrip