Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Announcements and Chat > General Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 30th June 2009, 17:57   #1  |  Link
bollemanneke

Express Rip 1.61 problem

Hi!

I really do like Express Rip, but there's one thing that keeps annoying me.
The Express Rip FAQ proudly says: 'The FreeDB database never contains wrong album information!' Yes, it does contain wrong album information!
I've asked the question on the Express Rip Forum, but they ignore me there, as well as my request for a new feature with which one can search again for another album if the information you have is not right.
I'm sick of changing the information myself every time. Can anyone please post a sollution, or a tool to rip Cd's that does not pretend anything that isn't right?
Old 30th June 2009, 18:00   #2  |  Link
Inspector.Gadget

Use Exact Audio Copy or dbPowerAmp.
Old 30th June 2009, 22:09   #3  |  Link
bollemanneke

EAC is so stupid! Never used such a slow program.
Old 30th June 2009, 22:32   #4  |  Link
Inspector.Gadget

You probably have a really scratched CD and EAC is doing the most error correction it can

Make sure you're setting it up correctly: http://blowfish.be/eac/
Old 1st July 2009, 10:20   #5  |  Link
bollemanneke

No, my cd is not scratched at all! Besides, I think that EAC is a little bit stupid.
My settings were MP3, and EAC just keeps copying every track in WAV files, ot to mention that it goes soooooooo slow!
Old 1st July 2009, 13:17   #6  |  Link
Taurus

Dont flame a program thats very well respected by audio enthusiasts around the world.
With the right settings and the right cd reader and burner its terrible fast and accurat.
So the blame is on you.
Sort it out and read the faqs and help, but dont put false statements on EAC.
Old 1st July 2009, 15:12   #7  |  Link
bollemanneke

I'm so sorry that I've touched a tender spot, please forgive me, don't be angry with me...! Can I help it that that program needs 20 minutes for just one single CD and Express Rip 6 or 5 minutes? Don't say that it's my fault. But if you think that you know the program by heart, why don't you give me the 'right' settings? I've scanned and adjusted all the settings, and it didn't change at all. Besides, why are you so angry? Is that program your God you worship and did I just offense your God or what?
Old 1st July 2009, 16:08   #8  |  Link
Taurus

I know a many audio rip programs that will do any audio cd in 5 minutes and less.
But that's not what EAC is designed for.
It is mainly for doing accurat rips.
And yes, on my side EAC rips any audio cd in 5 minutes too...
It depends on the cd reader, and yes in I get these values in secure mode.
Anyway, I dont care what program you like best. If it fits your needs, use it.
But dont throw in false statements if any program doesn't work as you expected.
Some noobs might read it and take you opinion for granted
And no, I'm not angry.
Old 1st July 2009, 16:26   #9  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by bollemanneke View Post
Besides, why are you so angry? Is that program your God you worship and did I just offense your God or what?
Back off, bollemanneke. We don't tolerate trolling and provocations like that here.
Old 1st July 2009, 19:31   #10  |  Link
bollemanneke

False statements? It's not false, it's true! But, all right, I will be still more clear: I'm looking for a program that rips CD's as fast as Express Rip, but also gives accurate album information. I'm not looking for a program like EAC that makes 'accurate rips' and needs more than 15 minutes per cd. And, no, it's not my readers' fault, because Express Rip works superfast, it only sometimes completely gives wrong album information. Guys, if you are discussing something like one normally does at this forum, can't you just accept what another person says? If I think that EAC is stupid, so what? Let me post it, don't start whining about false statements. I've tried EAC on several pc's, and it never went as fast as Express Rip. Are these 6 pc's than inferior or something? And Express Rip does make accurate rips, but it also runs superfast. WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM?
:@
Old 1st July 2009, 19:38   #11  |  Link

I just warned you to stop that. Struck for rule 4.
Old 1st July 2009, 20:00   #12  |  Link
bollemanneke

Forum rule 4! Respect others... Inspector Gadget started, I didn't! I said to never use that program because it is slow! Well, it did work slow! Express Rip makes accurate rips, except the album information. No one wants to wait 30 minutes for one cd! Why don't you ban Inspector Gadget?
Old 1st July 2009, 21:41   #13  |  Link

It's obvious to anyone that reads the thread that Inspector.Gadget did nothing wrong and started nothing. In fact, he merely tried to assist you.

So, because your tantrums are not of any interest to us, I am closing the thread.
Closed Thread

Tags
express rip