Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 24th June 2010, 10:20   #5961  |  Link
bc55

TSMUXER seems to fail processing a file

Hi,

I tried to build a BD today out of 4 titles.

3 went fine, but the fourth didn't.

After the muxing bit, I get the message that relevant files are missing, thus no M2TS file was found ?!

The output folders are then empty.

It's an M2TS file, AVC Codec, and 5.1 AC3. All the other 3 are as well.

Any ideas ?

Cheers

BC55
bc55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2010, 14:35   #5962  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
It is a demo disc which is not for sale and is distributed freely with new Panasonic Viera 3D TV sets.

I thought it is okay to share it.
Dean I think the answer to this question is as simple as examining the disc itself for any copyright symbol or statement. If Panasonic did not apply one, then I would think they will be hard-pressed to complain about its distribution?
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2010, 15:04   #5963  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
I'm glad you found the option. Now please restore avsinfo.exe
Of course!
Having fun again.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2010, 15:29   #5964  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

A quick update:

* Fixed wrong red-channel mix for red/cyan anaglyph mode
* Added drop-down menu in SETTINGS to select:

Anaglyph (red/cyan)
Anaglyph (green/magenta)
Stereo (left/right)
Cross Eyed (right/left)
Stereo (top/bottom)
Stereo (bottom/top)

Dean

p.s. If you get errors (title marked in red) when importing playlists - please update with multiUPDATE.

Last edited by deank; 24th June 2010 at 16:49.
deank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2010, 16:02   #5965  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserfan View Post
Dean I think the answer to this question is as simple as examining the disc itself for any copyright symbol or statement. If Panasonic did not apply one, then I would think they will be hard-pressed to complain about its distribution?
I only see (tm) for the 3D logo - no (c) symbol, nor copyright info on the disc itself.
Old 24th June 2010, 17:31   #5966  |  Link
Capsbackup

deank, is there an option in multiAVCHD to have an intro clip play first, then the main movie plays next, and then go to a motion menu?
Old 24th June 2010, 17:41   #5967  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Until I implement user-defined Welcome/intro screen you can use hidden title for the intro clip (or you can replace the welcome screen generated by multiAVCHD if you're familiar with the procedure).

You can use the intro clip as normal or hidden title.

1) Load the intro
2) Load the movie
3) AUTHOR tab: set [x] Play all, [x] Skip menu playback
4) intro [properties] - Action - [play next]
5) movie [properties] - Action - [go to menu]

If you don't want the intro to show in the menu, set it as hidden title.

If you decide to use your own 'welcome screen' you'll have to prepare your own m2ts/mpls/clpi with tsmuxer, using proper numbering format:

80000.m2ts
80000.clpi
00252.mpls (which refers to 80000.m2ts)

Then let multiAVCHD create its own welcome screen and replace the files.

Dean
Old 24th June 2010, 17:48   #5968  |  Link
Capsbackup

OK, thanks. Got it to work using example above 1-5. Awesome!
Learning something new every day!
What a great program!!
Old 24th June 2010, 18:43   #5969  |  Link
Capsbackup

deank, not trying to push my luck here, , but is there a way to delay the start of the button highlight?
My custom motion menu has several seconds of intro before the display of the button selection, which is really just one choice, to start the movie. It then fades to black, and either returns to the menu again, if enter is not selected, or starts the movie if enter is selected.
Is there a way, or could it be implemented, to have the ability to select the start and end time for the button highlight to be displayed?
Old 24th June 2010, 18:55   #5970  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

I'm sorry to let you down with this one, but I don't really think it is possible. That's why most blu-ray titles have the 'main-menu-look-alike' playing for some 20-30 seconds and then *another* video is played (which looks the same as the 'intro-menu') when buttons show as active.

Last edited by deank; 24th June 2010 at 19:06.
deank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2010, 22:02   #5971  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
I'm sorry to let you down with this one, but I don't really think it is possible. That's why most blu-ray titles have the 'main-menu-look-alike' playing for some 20-30 seconds and then *another* video is played (which looks the same as the 'intro-menu') when buttons show as active.

No problem then, I will have to just get more creative!
Old 25th June 2010, 18:32   #5972  |  Link
insaneoctane

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaneoctane View Post
Dean,
Seems you've fixed something, because now MAVCHD will create a project using a video file that my system can't playback! (MPC says "can't reneder file"). What's strange, is that I was troubleshooting things and I noticed that MAVCHD was running my file through tsmuxer (don't know why), but the output was playable on my PC, but the source wasn't. The only difference I can tell has to do with the audio delay in the source was -140ms and in the output was 0. Here is the mediainfo from the source (won't play on PC - "can't render file") and the mediainfo from the output after MAVCHD created the project (I'll include the log file to). Why is MAVCHD running the file through tsmuxer?

MEDIAINFO of SOURCE (hp_nowork_mediainfo.txt)
MEDIAINFO of OUTPUT (hp_nowork_fixed_mediainfo.txt)
LOG of PROJECT (20100620-231326-multiAVCHD.log.txt)
Well, I'm still struggling with this. I found that another person has had a similar problem with these particular discs (these are the Harry Potter 1-5 or 6 blu rays).link

Anyway, if I just assume that the particular flavor of VC-1 that these discs are encoded with are a slight problem for ffdshow (which would explain why VLC and PS3 can play them), is there any thing you guys could suggest that I could do to my AVCHD directory of the disc (product of using AVCHD Manager) that would make my system (and thus MAVCHD) happy so that I could use it in my MAVCHD project that includes motion menu? I guess I'm looking for a bandaide or workaround.
insaneoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2010, 22:11   #5973  |  Link
Capsbackup

@insaneoctane;
I had no problem backing up the HP 1-6 Blu-ray discs, but I did full movie backups with BD-RB, and they all turned out excellent.
You may not have ffdshow set up correctly for VC-1 files.
You could try, as mentioned in the other thread, to demux the original .m2ts files and then remux to mkv, then import those newly remuxed mkv's into multiAVCHD to create the backup to your liking.
Occasionally, some interlaced VC-1 files can be troublesome, but remuxing to mkv can overcome this decoding problem.. at least this has worked for me.
Old 25th June 2010, 23:34   #5974  |  Link
insaneoctane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
@insaneoctane;
Occasionally, some interlaced VC-1 files can be troublesome, but remuxing to mkv can overcome this decoding problem.. at least this has worked for me.
Okay, I was hesitant to do this because I figured if it is just a container change, the resulting files would still cause MAVCHD problems...
insaneoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2010, 04:23   #5975  |  Link
Capsbackup

deank, I believe I may have found a bug.
I have made a custom BD9 using 5 titles, and also a motion menu. I selected carousel menu style, and have a main, chapter, setup and title menu buttons.
The problem happens when playing back on PowerDVD 7.3 or TMT3. I did not burn to disc without reporting to you first.
On initial startup, the main menu works fine, if I select play movie it also works fine. Chapters and setup are also fine. But if I select title list, and select any of the four title options besides the main movie, at the conclusion of the clip, it returns to the main menu with the play movie button highlighted, and if you select play movie, the previous clip that just played from the title list menu repeats again. Whatever clip is last played from the title list menu will play again when the play movie button is selected.
On first startup of TMT3 or PowerDVD, the main movie will play when selecting the play movie button if no other selection is made first. But if you navigate to the title list menu, and select any title option, after that clip finishes, it will return to the main menu, and at that point if you select play movie, whatever the previous clip was that just played will play again.

EDIT:
On most Blu-rays and DVD's, when you enter an "Extras or Special Features" menu page, and select an option from what could be many options within that page, at the conclusion of a clip it will return to the available options within that menu page, and not the main menu. Is that feature available with multiAVCHD?

Last edited by Capsbackup; 26th June 2010 at 04:34.
Old 26th June 2010, 17:09   #5976  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaneoctane View Post
Okay, I was hesitant to do this because I figured if it is just a container change, the resulting files would still cause MAVCHD problems...
Changing the contaner may sometimes have great impact, depending on user configuration. Although the file contains the same video codec + audio codec, a different type of container may allow or prevent you PC of decoding it.

For example you can have AVC video + AAC audio in MKV container and in MP4 container, but you PC could fail with the second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
deank, I believe I may have found a bug.
Sorry for the delayed answer... Did it happen with your selection to [skip top menu playback]?

There are so many routes for a menu-program to take and I didn't test all.

About DVD... and multiAVCHD...

Note 1: I've never been into DVD authoring. (never authored 1 DVD).

Note 2: multiAVCHD was initially designed for authoring A LOT OF TITLES (like 252 is the max). I managed to make it return to the proper menu page after title-playback (like if you played title#8, after it finishes, menu is shown for title #8).

Title menu was introduced with version 4 as an aux to main menu.

It is hard to code all errorless. I've created over 50 compilations with title-list menu and never had the problem.

Dean
Old 26th June 2010, 17:27   #5977  |  Link
Capsbackup

I only have skip welcome screen selected, and skip top menu playback was unselected.
I am only authoring to AVCHD or Blu-ray, not doing DVD's anymore.
I am using Title List menu as my Extra Features / Bonus menu. It allows me to add the trailers and outtakes, etc.. from a Blu-ray and create my own with the access thru this menu button. Is that OK?
My only point of mention of the after clip play return to the Title List menu was if I have several clips inside of that Title List menu, I would not have to navigate back to this menu button from the main menu, I would still be inside of the Title List menu after conclusion of the clip, ready to select the next one.
From the main menu, the Play button is just for selecting the main movie, right? This is where I think there is a problem, since at times it plays the last clip selected from within the Title List menu instead of always only playing the main movie!
Old 26th June 2010, 17:34   #5978  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

I'll try to replicate it later/tomorrow.

[Title-list] menu is the same (and should act the same way) as the [top-menu] (XMB/SLI/CAR).

There is no such thing as 'main movie' in multiAVCHD. Each title is a TITLE (movie). The [PLAY] button just activates a title/movie. Title-list menu should do the same.

Dean
Old 26th June 2010, 17:43   #5979  |  Link
Capsbackup

I am quite impressed with the look of the Carousel menu, and with the 4 menu selection buttons I have created, Play, Setup, Chapters, and Title List ( renamed to Extras ), it is hard to tell it apart from a retail Blu-ray disc.
Excellent work deank!
I am new at trying out ALL these features, so am just sharing my experience with you. If I am being a PITA with suggestions or requests, sorry. Sometimes I forget/confuse you with Scenarist and MovieFactory!
Old 26th June 2010, 17:50   #5980  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Carousel menu is designed by Atak_Snajpera (the reason to move out from doom9 and create my own forum, a decision I'll never regret)... SLIDE is mostly the same.

Tags
avchd, blu-ray hd-dvd, mkv, multiavchd, re-author