Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Subtitles

Old 10th August 2009, 01:25   #1  |  Link
Martin_DK

DVB subtitles

Hello :-)

This is my first post...

I have read some threads about subtitles, checked the guides and FAQ, but I'm not sure that any of these solutions are those I seek.
Therefore I've started this thread...

I have recorded a .ts-file with DVBViewer and I would like the subtitles to be "switched on" all the time.
I have tried to create a SRT-file using Projekt X and other programs (OCR). I realized that the
DVB subtitles are pictures - not text, and that was why it was necessary to use the OCR-method.

I record quite a lot programmes with subtitles, but analouge because the progress with digital recording
with subtitles included takes too long time.

Therefore I'm looking for a quick and easy way to "burn" the subtitles in the video, so they
can be a part of it (which means that it won't be an oppotunity to swith them off).

Short explanation: I'm looking for software that can convert a ts-file with DVB subtitles to a TS or MPEG2/4-file with
the subtitels included in the video as a part of the picture (like as an analogue broadcast).

I hope that you are able to help me
Martin_DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2009, 17:10   #2  |  Link
Ghitulescu

There are 2 type of subtitles, those that come from teletext (which are TEXT-based, suprise) and those that are DVB compliant (like ones on the DVD).

Are you sure you used search, as I remember there was a thread dealing with a similar problem. Like this one ->
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...81#post1301381
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2009, 19:18   #3  |  Link
Martin_DK

Not all programmes are broadcasted with TeleText subtitles. And I'm no longer trying to convert the subtitles to SRT.
I just want the subtitles to be a part of the picture. Not any software that can do this?
Martin_DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2009, 20:06   #4  |  Link
Ghitulescu

I've spent 2 hours trying to find for you the exact thread.
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=147813
You just need to adapt it to your needs.
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2009, 09:48   #5  |  Link
jsa

You can do this with the combination of ProjectX and AutoMKV (and possibly others, I think RipBot works too).

ProjectX is used to trim the video (.ts), and the demux video audio and idx/sub subtitles. You need a special profile for ProjectX to get correct colors in your subtitles, as they are different for each provider.

AutoMKV (and others) can recode the audio and video, while burning the subtitles.

All this is pretty cumbersome, especially the AutoMKV part, so I have started using ProjectX and a set of batchfiles I wrote, which reduces the amount of pointing and clicking significantly.

ProjectX uses a couple of minutes to demux a video. Coding with x264 (using AutoMKV) can take several hours, depending on the speed of your PC.
jsa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvb, mpeg2, subtitles