Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 5th March 2019, 03:13   #28401  |  Link
Rich86

Making a DVD from a BD using BDRB

I just had to jump through hoops again to make a DVD from my "A Star Is Born" (2018 release) blu-ray, as BDRB is unable to create a DVD directly from this (and many other) BDs.

It failed towards the end of "Starting to MPLEX":
[21:32:59]PHASE TWO - Rebuild Started
- [21:32:59] Building ALTERNATE OUTPUT Structure
- [21:32:59] Converting 1 subtitles to DVD format.
- [21:33:46] Starting MPLEX.
- ERROR in attempt to mux (MPLEX)
[21:35:37] - Failed to REBUILD

I got it to work by:
The BD was ripped to hard disc using DVDFab64.
I then created a movie only BD50 folder/files using BDRB and forcing BDRB to convert the audio to lossy Dolby Digital by unchecking everything under "Audio Encoding Options" in Setup.
Then I used BDRB to create a DVD from those BD folder/files successfully.
It appears the process to create a DVD from a BD in BDRB doesn't like the lossless audio tracks in many titles?
Rich86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2019, 06:08   #28402  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Rich86:

Your Log is incomplete. [Snips] are good when redundancy is not required. Movie-Only Alt. output (DVD) will create AC-3 (Lossy). BD-RB isn't about "like" or "not like".. It's about function; logic.

Low HD space? Stuff missing. DVD's also uses Dolby Digital (AC-3) which is Lossy.

Last edited by AmigaFuture; 5th March 2019 at 06:19.
AmigaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2019, 14:16   #28403  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich86 View Post
I just had to jump through hoops again to make a DVD from my "A Star Is Born" (2018 release) blu-ray, as BDRB is unable to create a DVD directly from this (and many other) BDs.

I got it to work by:
I then created a movie only BD50 folder/files using BDRB and forcing BDRB to convert the audio to lossy Dolby Digital by unchecking everything under "Audio Encoding Options" in Setup.
It appears the process to create a DVD from a BD in BDRB doesn't like the lossless audio tracks in many titles?
I'll pick up that release (using a recent generous donation from mparade) and give it a try. I've never experienced any problems in DVD conversion, so I'll be interested to see how it works.

Last edited by jdobbs; 5th March 2019 at 14:18.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2019, 17:28   #28404  |  Link
jdobbs

No problem with "A Star Is Born":
Code:
[03/05/19] BD Rebuilder v0.60.06
[08:05:05] Source:  A_STAR_IS_BORN_2018_00002
  - Input BD size: 33.97 GB
  - Approximate total content: [02:15:45.136]
  - Windows Version: 6.2 [9200]
  - MOVIE-ONLY/ALTERNATE OUTPUT mode enabled
  - Mode: DVD-5, 720x480/576, AC3 Audio
  - Quality: High Quality (Default)
  - Decoding/Frame serving: DirectShow
  - Audio Settings: AC3=1 DTS=1 HD=0 Kbs=640
[08:05:06] PHASE ONE, Encoding
 - [08:05:06] Processing: VID_00018 (1 of 1)
 - [08:05:06] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00018]
 - [08:12:30] Reencoding video [VID_00018]
   - Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
   - Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 195,288 frames
   - Bitrate: 3,956 Kbs
 - [08:12:30] Reencoding: VID_00018
 - [09:00:51] Video Encode complete
 - [09:00:52] Processing audio tracks
   - Track 4353 (eng): Reencoding audio to AC3...
[09:05:40]PHASE ONE complete
[09:05:40]PHASE TWO - Rebuild Started
 - [09:05:40] Building ALTERNATE OUTPUT Structure
 - [09:05:40] Converting 1 subtitles to DVD format.
 - [09:08:14] Starting MPLEX.
 - [09:09:49] Multiplexing 1 subtitles into stream.
 - [09:12:49] Building DVD File Structure.
[09:15:01] - Encode and Rebuild complete
[09:15:01] JOB: A_STAR_IS_BORN_2018 finished.
I'll try it with a different audio track... but I think the result will be the same.

Last edited by jdobbs; 5th March 2019 at 18:29.
Old 6th March 2019, 00:28   #28405  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich86 View Post

I got it to work by:
Well, I found the issue... but it isn't BD-RB. The DD TRUE_HD track has an issue. BD-RB extracts the core audio -- and, strangely enough, it is 448Kbs (instead of 640Kbs as you normally see). That isn't really an issue since 448Kbs is what is used on DVD. But... it makes BD-RB try to use it intact. The problem is that the core audio track is corrupt. So when MPLEX tries to mux it, it gets this error:

**ERROR: [mplex.exe] Can't find next AC3 frame: @ 456128512 we have e027 - broken bit-stream?

The other english track is DTS-HD XLL. That one is used by default on my system. It works fine because BD-RB correctly realizes it must be encoded.

I'll try to put a fix in by adding an option in which the audio is forced to be reencoded.

Last edited by jdobbs; 6th March 2019 at 00:32.
Old 6th March 2019, 07:06   #28406  |  Link
AmigaFuture

It works fine with the 2nd Eng (DTS) for me to DVD-5/9. The 1st failed for me, as it did for JD...

Last edited by AmigaFuture; 6th March 2019 at 07:11.
Old 6th March 2019, 15:56   #28407  |  Link
Rich86

Yes - I had chosen the 1st audio track and it (mplex) failed trying to go to DVD-5 output. As I described, when I ran BDRB to create a movie only BD50 and forced the conversion of the True_HD track to lossy AC3 - then it ran fine. Then I ran BDRB again using the created movie only BD to make the DVD-5 and that ran fine.
I didn't think to try using the DTS track as the source when trying to go directly from the original BD to DVD5.
Thanks for looking at this.

Last edited by Rich86; 6th March 2019 at 16:00.
Rich86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2019, 10:09   #28408  |  Link
gamete

Hi

For bdrebuilder is better win7 or win10?

Thanks
gamete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2019, 16:02   #28409  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

Works the same. That said you should update to a newer is anyway. Win7 is in its last year of extended support. Jan '20 it's definitively game-over. Not even security updates anymore.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2019, 16:03   #28410  |  Link
gamete

I know
Thanks 😊
gamete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2019, 21:05   #28411  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
Works the same. That said you should update to a newer is anyway. Win7 is in its last year of extended support. Jan '20 it's definitively game-over. Not even security updates anymore.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk
It has been a while since I've looked at Stardock WindowBlinds, and they've finally got it looking much better.. Hmm.. Stock Windows 10 is just...horrible to look at. I'll check it. Otherwise I'm my own security for 7 and XP. JD hasn't complained about 10 and BD-RB so...is functional.
Old 7th March 2019, 22:05   #28412  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

It's really not that bad. Despite being a bit big, once you remove all the tiles, it looks a lot like a classic start menu just more modern.

There's no need for third party stuff.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2019, 01:47   #28413  |  Link
AmigaFuture

I have attempted many times to enjoy the "modern" look. Flat, bland colors are good for an older OS before pizzazz was possible. I like the correct "Window" logo vs ?colored windows? logo (WHO puts "Wallpaper" over a Window anyway? A lot of hidden activity in the background also; lots of snooping.) No one from the State, of Federal where I live enjoys it. Most people I know deal with it because they aren't "tech enough to remove it". Now our Phones look like it. Anyway, I dig changes - not Loseer10. My son works at Intel and has told me a lot also. I would obliterate the tiles/Browser incorporation..not remove them. At least Windows 7 control panel is still there last time I checked. Auto-Updates are also...lame-as-the-figment.

Making Windows 10 mandatory...also excludes a large part of the population that doesn't dig, like, or even want to use it. Windows 10 was not introduced as a transition, it was forced. Bad, MS...*spanking*.

Anyway, when JD returns, I'm excited for new videos being supported. Taking some videos with my S9, I noticed some challenges as others have. Found work-around but... I'm laughing because now I'm also interested in the UHD support (camera).

Last edited by AmigaFuture; 8th March 2019 at 06:03.
Old 10th March 2019, 20:26   #28414  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
I have attempted many times to enjoy the "modern" look. Flat, bland colors are good for an older OS before pizzazz was possible. I like the correct "Window" logo vs ?colored windows? logo (WHO puts "Wallpaper" over a Window anyway? A lot of hidden activity in the background also; lots of snooping.) No one from the State, of Federal where I live enjoys it. Most people I know deal with it because they aren't "tech enough to remove it". Now our Phones look like it. Anyway, I dig changes - not Loseer10. My son works at Intel and has told me a lot also. I would obliterate the tiles/Browser incorporation..not remove them. At least Windows 7 control panel is still there last time I checked. Auto-Updates are also...lame-as-the-figment.

Making Windows 10 mandatory...also excludes a large part of the population that doesn't dig, like, or even want to use it. Windows 10 was not introduced as a transition, it was forced. Bad, MS...*spanking*.

Anyway, when JD returns, I'm excited for new videos being supported. Taking some videos with my S9, I noticed some challenges as others have. Found work-around but... I'm laughing because now I'm also interested in the UHD support (camera).
I've been quite happy with W8 which I've had since it came out. I know it's kind of a bastardized version since Windows I believe now only recognizes 8.1 Everything has always run simply and smoothly. I DO use Classic Start Menu for the Retro look and it gives you a crapload of options for how Explorer looks and works. And, of COURSE the very first thing I had the guy do who was building my computer at the time and going from W7 to W8 was IMMEDIATELY eliminate all the tiles! But, to be fair, I've never tried W10, and for all I know it could run better or faster. Just REALLY don't like changing my OS.
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2019, 23:20   #28415  |  Link
AmigaFuture

I've been messing with Start10 and WindowBlinds with XP and Seven skins. Ahhh, finally...doesn't look so horrible-eye-sore. Tiles are replaced, Yeess!!! Now I'm checking speeds...as well as how it functions with BD-RB. So far I haven't noticed the browse button click-no-response, click-again-and-get-the-prompt "bug" isn't there. Hmmm. 10 is supposed to be a lot better with RAM+CPU, so..for now, on a test partition only. Once in a great while it required 2 to 3 clicks before the source browse button actions of BD-RB would show a prompt.
Old 10th March 2019, 23:42   #28416  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
I've been messing with Start10 and WindowBlinds with XP and Seven skins. Ahhh, finally...doesn't look so horrible-eye-sore. Tiles are replaced, Yeess!!! Now I'm checking speeds...as well as how it functions with BD-RB. So far I haven't noticed the browse button click-no-response, click-again-and-get-the-prompt "bug" isn't there. Hmmm. 10 is supposed to be a lot better with RAM+CPU, so..for now, on a test partition only. Once in a great while it required 2 to 3 clicks before the source browse button actions of BD-RB would show a prompt.
Hmmm, well, I certainly could use 'a lot better' with RAM & CPU, that's for sure! I just FINALLY realized today that I had my CPU set to 'Turbo', which under normal circumstances is fine. BUT... I've been having x264 fail on encodes, so I checked the CPU temperature and I know that's it because I've been having some very long-standing trouble with it. Just today I had an encode fail part way through. So, just on a whim, mainly to see if I could boost the CPU fan speed or something, I noticed the Turbo setting. So, I THINK I put it back to normal. After rebooting up the system, I re-checked the CPU temperature, and sure enough, even during the same encode again, it was a HELL of a lot cooler, at least in CPU terms. So, maybe that will get me by until I am bloody forced to build another system.
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2019, 14:13   #28417  |  Link
wambaz

BD-UHD Jerky video without re-encoding

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to use the function "movie only" to fit one film UHD o a BDR-DL.
the main movie is a file.M2TS of 53GB, so removing additional languages it is within 50GB.
if I look at the log both audio and video are processed without re-encoding.

I use a player to see original M2TS file and it is ok
I use a player to see HEVC file inside WORKFILES directory, and it is ok
But when I open final M2TS file after rebuilding, the video is jerky, audio plays ok but it goes more and more out of synchro (because video is jerky).
practically the video is becoming longer because every 4-5 secs it hangs for 1 second.

any idea?
thanks a lot
wambaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2019, 14:46   #28418  |  Link
Sharc

^^^
BD-UHD is still experimental. See previous posts on this subject. You have to wait for a new release.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2019, 10:28   #28419  |  Link
musiclover

You might want to try TSM2UHD. See http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=175120
musiclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2019, 10:44   #28420  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiclover View Post
You might want to try TSM2UHD. See http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=175120
With regard to generating UHD (HEVC) muxes, unfortunately any muxing application that relies on TSmuxer is going to have problems!

The development of TSmuxer ceased years ago, way before the creation of HEVC...