Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 3rd July 2018, 22:58   #27501  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Thanks for the lecture, Capt Obvious. It's amazing that I've managed to last this long without your insights! That's pretty much what I meant by changing the font. As the spacing gets adjusted, the point size changes as well. Otherwise the text in the lines would start overlapping very quickly.
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2018, 11:06   #27502  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
I'm hoping that the problem will be solved with a different mobo.
Well, the new Gigabyte mobo is installed. Of course, with the old ASUS drivers installed, the mobo refused to boot: BSOD. Try as I might to remove drivers, it still crashed. M$, in their wisdom (they have wisdom?), do not detect driver failure and not bother to use said driver, so that the OS could boot and allow for the new drivers to be installed. Nope, to easy.

I've not run a project yet, but will in a day, or too. The issue with the keyboard/rodent connected via USB has not shown up yet. Hopefully that is a start of good things to come, like no permission errors.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2018, 20:39   #27503  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Well, the new Gigabyte mobo is installed. Of course, with the old ASUS drivers installed, the mobo refused to boot: BSOD. Try as I might to remove drivers, it still crashed. M$, in their wisdom (they have wisdom?), do not detect driver failure and not bother to use said driver, so that the OS could boot and allow for the new drivers to be installed. Nope, to easy.

I've not run a project yet, but will in a day, or too. The issue with the keyboard/rodent connected via USB has not shown up yet. Hopefully that is a start of good things to come, like no permission errors.
Rodent...

I hope you get it running Bro!
Old 19th July 2018, 08:16   #27504  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
I hope you get it running Bro!
Hurray!!!! The Doom9 server is back up.
I can now run jobs without the dreaded "file not found" or the most often produced "permission denied" errors. The rodent/keyboard issue via the USB connection still happened, but that took a long time before it did. There is a strange display issue that has nothing to do with BDRB. But, it doesn't keep BDRB from doing its thing.

At the moment, I am a happy camper.
Old 19th July 2018, 17:34   #27505  |  Link
Rich86

Problem: BDRB frequently fails when converting a BD to DVD in movie only mode when including english subtitles.
Ripped using DVDFab64 to hard disc - folders/files mode.
"Starting MPLEX" goes all the way to 100% - but then fails (see below).
[15:17:31] PHASE ONE, Encoding
[15:17:31]PHASE ONE complete
[15:17:31]PHASE TWO - Rebuild Started
- [15:17:31] Building ALTERNATE OUTPUT Structure
- [15:17:31] Converting 1 subtitles to DVD format.
- [15:18:27] Starting MPLEX.
- ERROR in attempt to mux (MPLEX)
[15:20:27] - Failed to REBUILD

This does not happen on all titles - but it seems to happen more frequently as time passes. This latest example is on "Pacific Rim: Uprising" using the BD included in my 4K-UHD set.
multiAVCHD converts these BD titles to DVD just fine - in case that is helpful info.
I am happy to assist in testing or providing more info.
Rich86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2018, 19:48   #27506  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Hurray!!!! The Doom9 server is back up.
I can now run jobs without the dreaded "file not found" or the most often produced "permission denied" errors. The rodent/keyboard issue via the USB connection still happened, but that took a long time before it did. There is a strange display issue that has nothing to do with BDRB. But, it doesn't keep BDRB from doing its thing.

At the moment, I am a happy camper.
Hey, that's great!

'Strange display issue'... Hmmm... have you been getting unwanted pictures of gonca too? I think he's hacked into our systems and then sends questionable pictures of himself in various states of undress.

Terrible thing...
Old 19th July 2018, 20:28   #27507  |  Link
dracore

will bd rebuilder be supporting the encoding of 4k uhd disks to keep menus ect aswell
dracore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2018, 20:34   #27508  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

Jdobbs is looking into that, so don't ask for an ETA

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2018, 21:55   #27509  |  Link
dracore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
Jdobbs is looking into that, so don't ask for an ETA

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk
Thank you for the reply
Old 20th July 2018, 01:57   #27510  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
Hmmm... have you been getting unwanted pictures of gonca too?
Nope. Must be only you. Probably because he knew that you would love them.
Old 20th July 2018, 02:28   #27511  |  Link
gonca

Quote:
Terrible thing...
You looking in the mirror?
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2018, 03:09   #27512  |  Link
Wolfe999

Exactly 2 months since I asked for help in this matter:

When I import the MKV files set in the same folder with the name of the BD I want (all mkv's are compliant), the process always aborts when it enounters latin accentuated words, in this specific case, of 12 files, 4:

-Satélite
-Tecnología
-Área
-Titánico

I'm sure there must be a way to solve it, but I wasn't able to locate it. Would appreciate any help.

So I must understand there is no way to avoid this?

Well, in any case thank you for the interest showed.
Wolfe999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2018, 03:46   #27513  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Nope. Must be only you. Probably because he knew that you would love them.
Old 20th July 2018, 04:21   #27514  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfe999 View Post
Exactly 2 months since I asked for help in this matter:

When I import the MKV files set in the same folder with the name of the BD I want (all mkv's are compliant), the process always aborts when it enounters latin accentuated words, in this specific case, of 12 files, 4:

-Satélite
-Tecnología
-Área
-Titánico

I'm sure there must be a way to solve it, but I wasn't able to locate it. Would appreciate any help.

So I must understand there is no way to avoid this?

Well, in any case thank you for the interest showed.
I’m sorry that my free support for my free software hasn’t met your standards. I guess I was busy doing something that puts food on the table.

Last edited by jdobbs; 20th July 2018 at 04:33.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2018, 04:23   #27515  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
I love the sense of entitlement. I write free software... and you feel you are entitled to it... but are disappointed with how long I take to provide the free support. Oh well... I guess this is where we are these days.

Don't worry, the rest of us ingrates, deviants, and all around roust-a-bouts appreciate you Boss!
Old 20th July 2018, 12:48   #27516  |  Link
dracore

Quote:
I’m sorry that my free support for my free software hasn’t met your standards. I guess I was busy doing something that puts food on the table.
everything you do is appreciated
Old 20th July 2018, 23:21   #27517  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfe999 View Post
When I import the MKV files set in the same folder with the name of the BD I want (all mkv's are compliant), the process always aborts when it enounters latin accentuated words
I suggest changing the accented characters to non-accented during the BDRB build. When the build is done, replace the non-accented characters with the accented characters.

Yes, it is a little bit of extra work, but it will get you through the builds.
Old 21st July 2018, 13:49   #27518  |  Link
Wolfe999

Quote:
I suggest changing the accented characters to non-accented during the BDRB build. When the build is done, replace the non-accented characters with the accented characters.

Yes, it is a little bit of extra work, but it will get you through the builds.
Will try it.
Thank you, MrVideo
Old 21st July 2018, 19:42   #27519  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Hmm, that could be read another way also. Making it known how long it has been between first request, and some people are very precise. My Girlfriend is like that, and me, too sometimes. But I don't get a sense of entitlement, like I do from a guy with combed forward hair and an almost constant "O" face when he talks. Haha!

But I'm also able to read it from your view, Boss, and it does seem that way then. Then again, I haven't keep updated with the thread.. But the Highlighted MrVideo wasn't really called for...that, I view as a little bit of a slap.

Do you remember that "bug" I reported a long time ago about clicking a button with BD-RB and it Looks like it clicked but there isn't a reaction? I came across it the other day, and I DIDN'T remember to record it before I click it. HAHA! It's become a funny for me. I capture it soon enough.

Anyway, other than that and DVD's 16:9 becoming resized if I don't use DirectShow, BD-RB is doing very well. Love this program!

@Lathe

Those pictures...a bit TMI of your personal interests. Perhaps a little less Parrot drink before replying? Hehe!

Last edited by AmigaFuture; 21st July 2018 at 19:43. Reason: Added..
AmigaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2018, 00:30   #27520  |  Link
Wolfe999

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
But I'm also able to read it from your view, Boss, and it does seem that way then. Then again, I haven't keep updated with the thread.. But the Highlighted MrVideo wasn't really called for...that, I view as a little bit of a slap.
It was my intention no to say anything else about this matter (and I promise this will be the last, no matter what I read from here, not even if this gets censored), even when I see that it seems that some people feel the need to intervene in something that doesn't concern them: an exchange of words (no matter how justified) among two adults.

Thinking yourself adept at reading between the lines, you get to some conclusions just analysing my "bolding" of names and decide to throw in some s**t just to fulfill your role of adulator. Don't know why your mind chose to see that highlighting as a slap, but it's just your feverish conclusion, not the truth. It's a pity, because with your first words, you lost the chance to project some reason. Well, you took your path and your decision.

These words by Harlan Ellison (hint-hint about the way I tend to highlight names) have made my life much clearer, hope they help you too:

You are not entitled to your opinion, you are entitled to your informed opinion. If you are not informed on the subject, then your opinion counts for nothing.

I really hope to be forgotten by you. I promise to reciprocate.