Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 17th December 2007, 21:18   #241  |  Link
odyssey

How do i watch trust values?
odyssey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2007, 22:33   #242  |  Link
Fizick
AviSynth plugger

info.
Fizick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2007, 03:14   #243  |  Link
odyssey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizick View Post
info.
I see the trust value but have no idea how to read it. Also I don't understand how it relates to scene changes - I have a clip where even identical frames are recognized as "SCENE CHANGE!" with default trust=4. Setting trust below 1 gives a very steady picture, but it seems odd to use such low values.
Old 20th December 2007, 07:06   #244  |  Link
Fizick
AviSynth plugger

I see your message, but i have no idea how to read it
try live with this odd values
Old 20th December 2007, 07:50   #245  |  Link
odyssey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizick View Post
I see your message, but i have no idea how to read it
try live with this odd values
Can you explain what the value represents?
Old 20th December 2007, 17:19   #246  |  Link
Fizick
AviSynth plugger

some measure of correlation.
I can not to add almost nothing to plugin doc and info collected in this (and some other?) thread at forum.
Old 24th December 2007, 20:46   #247  |  Link
Fizick
AviSynth plugger

But now I can release version 1.10
DepanStabilize: added new 'average' method,
small bug fixed in edge interpolation.

(But I am still not ready to rewrite many very old functions.)
Old 29th December 2007, 15:13   #248  |  Link
odyssey

Would it be possible to implement a "invert mask" flag, so estimate will work on borders instead of central elements?
Old 2nd March 2008, 14:12   #249  |  Link
Roco

Is it possible with these plugins to achieve an almost absolute stabilization with less than a pixel resulted shaking if you define a static object in the scene?
The camera is shooting almost stable, but I want to change that to the degree that the shaking won't be detected visually. There are static elements on the background and also moving ones. The camera is actually on a tripod but due to strong wind or my hand holding a button, or a not so stable tripod etc, there is some shaking.
I have tried some scripts but I can't make it that stable (far from that) but maybe I'm missing something.
For example I tried the following where I defined a focus-window of a stable object:

AviSource("Final.avi")
source = ConvertToYV12()
focus = source.Crop(1108,916,512,162)
vectors = focus.MVAnalyse(isb = false, pel = 2)
globalmotion = source.MVDepan(vectors, zoom=false, rot=false, pixaspect=1.0, thSCD1=400)
DepanStabilize(source, data=globalmotion, cutoff=0.05, mirror=0, pixaspect=1.0)

Last edited by Roco; 2nd March 2008 at 14:16.
Roco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2008, 16:20   #250  |  Link
johnmeyer

Have you tried Deshaker (VirtualDub plugin)?
johnmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2008, 19:16   #251  |  Link
Roco

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmeyer View Post
Have you tried Deshaker (VirtualDub plugin)?
Yes I have, with no success so far... The online documentation doesn't make much sense without doing an infinite number of tests...

Last edited by Roco; 2nd March 2008 at 19:23.
Old 4th March 2008, 10:46   #252  |  Link
Roco

After testing many other apps & plugins including After effects, I came to the conclusion that there is no software for such a task -there is not enough technology today for such a precise stabilzation, especially automatic, even if you show them the static object(s).
Old 4th March 2008, 11:04   #253  |  Link
mikeytown2
Resize Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roco View Post
After testing many other apps & plugins including After effects, I came to the conclusion that there is no software for such a task -there is not enough technology today for such a precise stabilzation, especially automatic, even if you show them the static object(s).
If your feeling adventurous you could try cinelerra
http://heroinewarrior.com/cinelerra/...ra.html#MOTION
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=135040

Example
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3jYFJw1dT18

Another Example

"910 frames shot by the mighty Canon EOS 20D. 2 motion tracking passes and color timing in Cinelerra. The changing brightness made automatic motion tracking impossible, so manual tracking was used" This vid looks like it could have used HDRAGC http://strony.aster.pl/paviko/hdragc.htm

Last edited by mikeytown2; 4th March 2008 at 11:09.
mikeytown2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 18:41   #254  |  Link
Roco

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeytown2 View Post
If your feeling adventurous you could try cinelerra
Not that adventurous! I'd rather go to the Jungle for treasure hunting like Indiana Jones!!!

Seriously now, after your post, I went there and ... I came back!
I installed Ubuntu Studio and then Cinelerra, but the number of issues I encountered made me running back to Billy's Windows (unfortunately)! Half of the times I booted on Ubuntu Studio, Gnome or something didnt started, also before I run Cinelerra I had to type some strange instructions in a console to free more ram (which reminded me the old days of DOS back in 1994 when I bought my first PC), I couldn't always find my partitions (I never understood why it was so hard), when I did find them the playback of most files was sluggish, although I did install all the updates and additional codecs/players. Also the Cinelerra's interface was a bit problematic and it couldn't load my raw avis. So I didn't actually tested that stabilization feature but I don't regret it. If I did, I might become ...unstable!

Thanx for the links though!

I have heard something for Fusion and Nuke, I wonder if anyone knows how good is that software for stabilization... I have some respect for Macs...

Last edited by Roco; 5th March 2008 at 18:45.
Old 5th March 2008, 20:03   #255  |  Link
johnmeyer

Quote:
Yes I have, with no success so far... The online documentation doesn't make much sense without doing an infinite number of tests...
Well, I actually did write a manual for this which you'll find in lots of places (people just took it and copied it). Here's one of the authorized posts:

http://www.sundancemediagroup.com/ar...aker_guide.htm

Most of this was designed to help someone who had never used VirtualDub, so it may be too basic for you. However, it provides some initial settings that work pretty well.

In our case, you are trying to remove extremely tiny shaking. If you do some Google searching on "Deshaker" and "film," you may come across some posts from many years ago that discuss the settings to use in order to remove the "gate weave" (sometimes called gate jitter) that all film exhibits because of the fact that each frame of film, both in the camera and then in the projector, doesn't come to rest in exactly the same position as the previous frame. This can very effectively be removed by Deshaker.
johnmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2008, 16:32   #256  |  Link
g-force

Something to try

Roco,

My very first post is dedicated to your problem!
I've had a lot of success with the following script that I created for a very similar problem.

Let me know how this works!

Quote:
orig=last
temp=orig.TemporalSoften(7,255,255,25,2)
rep=repair(temp,orig,mode=16).TemporalSoften(1,255,255,25,2)
source=Interleave(rep,orig,rep)
mdata=DePanEstimate(source, range=1, trust=0, dxmax=1, dymax=1)
DePan(source, data=mdata, offset=1)
SelectEvery(3,2)
You will need repair from here:

http://home.pages.at/kassandro/RemoveGrain/

You may have to play around with dxmax and dymax for your application, and then you'll have to crop the edges by the appropriate amount. I may write a function for this if it works for more people than just myself.

-G
Old 7th March 2008, 23:25   #257  |  Link
Roco

johnmeyer,
Thanx for the response, you have done a great job with the guide, also congratulations to the author of Deshaker!

It worked very good, to a degree that I wouldn't mind for some slight instabilities, but unfortunately not at the resolution I wanted which is 3008x2000. While it passed the first pass succesfully, at the second pass, no matter what I tried, it causes the following runtime error:

I wonder if the author could fix this...

g-force,
Welcome to the forum and thank you very much for the suggestion, but at some basic tests I did, the script didn't work for me as expected, but I will experiment a bit more with the parameters.
Attached Images

Last edited by Roco; 7th March 2008 at 23:33.
Old 8th March 2008, 00:02   #258  |  Link
g-force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roco View Post
g-force,
Welcome to the forum and thank you very much for the suggestion, but at some basic tests I did, the script didn't work for me as expected, but I will experiment a bit more with the parameters.
Thanks for the warm welcome! I didn't even think that your source is way larger in resolution that what I'm used to. You may need to increase dxmax and dymax as a result.

Hope you get something that works!

-G
Old 10th March 2008, 19:04   #259  |  Link
g-force

Roco,

have you had a chance to play around with this yet? I can take a whack at it if you want to post a clip.

-G
Old 12th March 2008, 22:32   #260  |  Link
Roco

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-force View Post
Roco,

have you had a chance to play around with this yet? I can take a whack at it if you want to post a clip.

-G
Thank you very much g-force for your interest and your offer, but I cannot post a sample of that material (I wish I could). I was occupied with some other stuff until today so I will know in about 2-3 days what solution will be more suitable (if any) and I will let you know.