Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 19th August 2018, 19:10   #27661  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

If by registry you mean visible in the menu (and selectable), then yes. Perfectly normal. Bdrb can't alter the menu artwork or make them disappear from the remote language option. They just get pointed to one off the remaining tracks to keep the menu structure intact to prevent problems with navigation.

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2018, 20:10   #27662  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurayhd View Post
Yes I knew that but honestly? if I choose to keep English and Spanish and when I´m watching and with remote control I select English and next I like Spanish I have to select French, Portuguese... and finally Spanish

but I see now what do you mean, if I get it, is no matter the French, Portuguese... or whatever , when I select the next language from English, I´ll get in this case the Spanish , because I keep it, I´m right?

And Gonca, I´m curious, I wish to ask you and of course all people here, how many of us when encode BD50 to BD25 choice to keep the menu? or just choose to start the movie?

And if you font mind and let me ask too, how many choose BD25 and how many choose MKV? I mean, speaking about that movies that you like to preserve because I like to see again every time you like, so how do you do that? what kind of media you prefer? or choose (I dont know what word is correct)

Thank you again
Just a humble suggestion... It's probably not a good idea when asking gonca something to use so many complex and compound sentences. It would be better I think to use simple one-syllable words, if possible, perhaps incorporating some of the pictograms that he is used to...
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2018, 02:35   #27663  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonca View Post
Lathe
Go up the stairs, and out the door.
Its time to get out of mothers basement, get some fresh air.
I am assuming that they didn't chain you down in the basement in order to hide you, and your hideous physical deformities
P.S.
When out in public, don't be peeking below the stall walls
Its not a good way to get a date, but you might get a chocolate surprise
@ MrVideo

You want to field this one??

@ gonca

Dude!! Have you NOT seen The Goonies!?!? There's a reason he's there...and here, and other places Online only. Not that I'm freaked by any "differences" in people, but...today, plenty are.
Old 20th August 2018, 02:48   #27664  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Sigh... Let's just ignore all the science, eh? If a human being can't identify a difference (as all the studies prove) -- then what, exactly, does "lossy" mean or matter?

BD-RB will not reencode the core and will extract it if it matches your settings. Extracting the core is a simple thing to do with TSMUXER.
Have I dated you before? NO?? Ohh, nope...not my gender. Then what is it? Oohhh, I know. You come across like my Girlfriend. Heh. Actually the discussion between You and MrVideo does. To be fair, I'm a cross between you and he. She, however, loves to play with me when I become too (hands over mouth) technical...but also knows I don't _really_ care about the _old use_ of science. It's too static and doesn't bend very well to true evolution of Evvvvvverything. But the conversations here (tapping on screen) and...HERE are innnnteresting, haha!
Old 20th August 2018, 06:11   #27665  |  Link
Rich86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich86 View Post
Thanks for all your investigation.
Sticking with "Ready Player One" - I only kept the english audio (chose the 1st DTS-MA track & set it as the default) and 1st english subtitles. I believe it works fine if I do not include any subtitles, but I would have to test that again as it has been a while. I am out of town all this coming week, but will test using "Ready Player One" more when I am back home the week following & post with the correct setting log(s). I wonder why these work ok in multiAVCHD? It must not use mplex?
I had some time today to experiment more with converting my "Ready Player One" BD to DVD and to no one's surprise I am sure, it behaves exactly as JDobbs said it does - on my system also. Choosing the 1st audio track (an english Dolby TrueHD track) fails in mplex, regardless of subtitles chosen or not. Choosing the 2nd audio track (an english DTS track) works fine. So I assume there is something about the english Dolby TrueHD audio track that mplex chokes on.

Last edited by Rich86; 20th August 2018 at 18:27.
Rich86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2018, 14:07   #27666  |  Link
mparade

Is it recommended to run multiple instances of BD-RB when processor utilization is too low? I have a 16-core system and only UHD encoding seems to be saturating all the cores (2 encodes run in parallel).
Is multi-processing working with x265 as well as with x264?

Thanks for your support.

Last edited by mparade; 20th August 2018 at 14:22.
mparade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2018, 15:43   #27667  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
@ MrVideo

You want to field this one??
Nope!
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2018, 19:09   #27668  |  Link
mparade

Does anyone have some experience with "automatic cropping of black borders" feature in case of alternate output? Is it reliable enough by now?
Is automatic down-mixing to stereo being also performed when using AAC output and the default ALTAUTOAUDIO parameter (40) on a source track that is 5.1?
Is AUDIO_AMPLIFY parameter being performed just on down-mixed tracks or all that are contained in the project?

Thank you for the help in advance.

Last edited by mparade; 20th August 2018 at 19:19.
mparade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2018, 01:47   #27669  |  Link
MrVideo

Question Regarding Upcoming Motion Menus

I like my background menus to have season info and disc number. Easily accomplished with the static background JPEG.

How is this going to be accomplished with motion menus? Thanks for any info regarding the upcoming feature.

Last edited by MrVideo; 21st August 2018 at 02:24.
Old 22nd August 2018, 20:02   #27670  |  Link
MrVideo

The reason I'm asking about motion menus is that I need to know if I should stop working on the project using static menu backgrounds and start working on motion menu backgrounds. Obviously I (and anyone else who is going to want to do this) need to know how to do the background text for motion menus.

Thanks
Old 23rd August 2018, 05:15   #27671  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
The reason I'm asking about motion menus is that I need to know if I should stop working on the project using static menu backgrounds and start working on motion menu backgrounds. Obviously I (and anyone else who is going to want to do this) need to know how to do the background text for motion menus.

Thanks
All that is happening is that the JPEG can be replaced by a video of your choice (MKV, M2TS, or MP4). The foreground menus work exactly the same. How it becomes a video or the content of the video would be up to the person authoring. You still choose the audio independently (but I may change that so it is included in the selected MKV/M2TS/MP4). It's especially useful when you have several motion video menu backgrounds available on in imported blu-ray and you want to use something other than the default. But you can also find a particular video you think would look good and use that. Just a warning... it has to be 16:9 and will always be resized to 1920x1080 (just like the JPEG).

Last edited by jdobbs; 23rd August 2018 at 05:17.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2018, 05:41   #27672  |  Link
MrVideo

I only do 1920x1080. What happens when the video finishes playing? Is the last video frame frozen?

I'm guessing that it will be a freeze-frame situation. That means in order to have personal text added to the background, I will have to encode a few frames of a still image with the text and add it to the end of the video. Is my assumption correct?
Old 23rd August 2018, 14:01   #27673  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
I only do 1920x1080. What happens when the video finishes playing? Is the last video frame frozen?

I'm guessing that it will be a freeze-frame situation. That means in order to have personal text added to the background, I will have to encode a few frames of a still image with the text and add it to the end of the video. Is my assumption correct?
Yes, the last frame is frozen. I will probably add the ability to create a loop... but not before the next release.
Old 23rd August 2018, 19:43   #27674  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Yes, the last frame is frozen. I will probably add the ability to create a loop... but not before the next release.
Thanks for the update. I personally wouldn't use the loop feature as that would not allow for any personal background text. One would have to use a video editing program like Adobe Premiere, or Final Cut Pro, to add text to the motion video. Neither of which are currently in my budget.
Old 23rd August 2018, 21:41   #27675  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
Thanks for the update. I personally wouldn't use the loop feature as that would not allow for any personal background text. One would have to use a video editing program like Adobe Premiere, or Final Cut Pro, to add text to the motion video. Neither of which are currently in my budget.
Can't you add your text via avisynth subtitle?
http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Subtitle

Last edited by Sharc; 23rd August 2018 at 22:31.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2018, 02:33   #27676  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
Can't you add your text via avisynth subtitle?
http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Subtitle
Thanks for the suggestion. Didn't know about that one. This I can afford.

Will have to use it more than once if I have multiple lines of text in different areas. The referenced link doesn't say that I can't use it more than once. But, neither does it say that I can.

Added note: The advantage of encoding a still image to a very short video is that it can then be appended to the end of the motion video, which means that the original motion video is not sent through a recoding process. I have a script set up to quickly create the short video, though there is currently an issue with getting the FPS right (separate thread opened for this issue).

Six of one, half dozen of the other?

Oh, and I'm ready for motion menus.

Last edited by MrVideo; 24th August 2018 at 05:52.
Old 28th August 2018, 17:48   #27677  |  Link
sieve

audio sync issues

Using 0.50.25. Have been for a while. Worked great. No problems.
To my surprise, the last couple (3 for sure, maybe more) movies I copied (all U.S.) have resulted in an audio track that lags the video. I haven't changed any settings in the encoding process and I don't have anything exotic in the processing. I typically select to keep only the highest quality English audio track. I always use highest quality double pass very slow processing method and shrink to burn onto a 25gb bd disc.

I did a search of the forum here and didn't find any obvious leads or ideas. Can anyone help? Is it possible that one of the associated packages got corrupted somehow?

Thanks in advance!
sieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2018, 01:50   #27678  |  Link
MrVideo

Run the M2TS file through the MediaInfo program that comes with BDRB, in CLI mode, to see if it reports a delay of the audio. I've had issues with it reporting an audio delay with some MKV files.
Old 29th August 2018, 09:04   #27679  |  Link
musiclover

Re-installing LAVFilters-0.65 corrected it for me
musiclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2018, 04:06   #27680  |  Link
sieve

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiclover View Post
Re-installing LAVFilters-0.65 corrected it for me
I wish that would have worked. Alas, no.
sieve is offline   Reply With Quote